Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:08 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Confirming.
Yes, if you use tables for Role PMs, Reckoner, you have to do a text-only writeup because small resolutions will cut them off. This happens to phoneposters a lot.
I love the role formatting and the look of everything. Very concise design. Good stuff.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:18 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Mollie, can I trust you?

VOTE: Espeonage
I'm going to sheep this.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #40 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:38 am

Post by Varsoon »

VOTE: Sir Elton Hercules John

Literally just sheeping close to lynch.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #55 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:25 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 44, Venmar wrote:VOTE: CooLDoG
new serious vote
Gonna lynch this now.
VOTE: Venmar

It's as though he saw that he was on the quickly growing wagon on Sir Elton Hercules John and realized either:
1. "Oh no gonna lynch my scumbuddy gotta switch gears"
or, more realistically (what I think)
2. "I'm going to catch flak for this flipping green if it's turbo-lynched, better distance myself entirely from this wagon."
The whole 'serious vote' bit is awkward, especially given it's not explained in a geriatric game.
Also, I feel like CooLDoG is a cool dawg, but has blown a load and self-destructed plenty of times when run up fast early on in other games. Dude used a dayvig shot on an IC in one of my games once. Regardless, I feel that Venmar might want to shift some of that huge SirEltonHerculesJohn-wagon momentum to CooLDoG while avoiding any real agency for it.

@Pirate Mollie:
You avoiided answering me. I wanna know if I can trust you in this game.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #57 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:54 pm

Post by Varsoon »

iirc they were a delayed IC as well and I am not sure if they had claimed it or not.
Still, it was a total clusterfuck.

That said, CooLDoG, can I trust you? My negative ability literally requires me to trust another player.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #60 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:58 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Actually, Espeonage brings up a really good point--maybe we shouldn't all bust our negative utility powers on D1/N1.
I imagine that the setup is probably designed such that we could get really punished for doing so.

I also imagine the scumteam has some capacity to keep our negative utility abilities from popping off and letting us all go into having positive utility abilities/passives.
So I'm kind of against claiming if only because if I designed this setup, scum would definitely have a factional ability to revert up to two players a night back to their 'need to use the negative ability' state.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #69 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:09 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, no one should claim if they've used their negative ability or plan on using it, if we can avoid that, as I feel it gives scum far too much info to mess with. I mean, if you absolutely have to claim it, do so, but yeah. Also, think about if your 'good' abilities should even be used early on enough to warrant your negative ability hitting game early. Balance that out in your head and don't just pop off on D1/N1, please.

Not a fan of Venmar's engagement with, or lack thereof, my vote/rationale on him.
Also not crazy about the whole "My serious vote was reaction-bait for someone to nitpick" angle he's playing.
Gonna stay parked right where it is.
Get got.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #73 (isolation #7) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:17 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 70, Espeonage wrote:My neg is just a post restriction. So Imma just get it over with tomorrow.
...did you miss the whole part where I explained that, if this setup is cleverly designed, then scum definitely have the ability to just force us back to our negative abilities.
Even if that's not the case, then there could just as easily be something that punishes us if scum can guess who has used their negative ability/is being affected by their own negative utility.
I think the whole point is that all of our negative utilities will be somewhat capable of being noticed if scum are really keen about it, but we can effectively 'hide' if we've used them.
So yours is a post restriction, but I think you should've just not claimed it and instead adhered to the PR as casually as you could've, that way no one would know that you used a negative utility ability.

Even if there is literally nothing scum can do to mechanically punish negative utility use, simply by knowing who has and hasn't used their negative utility, they can keep tabs on who has enabled their positive PR parts of their role, which gives scum a clearer idea of who to kill from a purely mechanical standpoint.

@Venmar: Ay, man, if that's the road you wanna take on this, alright.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #81 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:35 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 77, Venmar wrote: i'll just spell out that if you think that I, or any scum of non-newbie caliber for that matter, would feel the need to hop OFF of a wagon this early in rvs to avoid a "turbo-lynch" on a buddy OR green, thinking it would actually happen, is simply idiotic
The fact that you're cognizant of this and that you're willing to levy it as a defense of yourself means that you're meta-critical enough to make the play as scum. So, no, it doesn't make me some big dummy for thinking you're not above first-level play, though I do get you taking offense at me considering you first-level, especially if you're third-level scum as would have to be the case here.

In post 79, DeathNote wrote:Varsoon, on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being town and 10 being scum, what is Venmar at?
7, probably? I'm actually more sold on someone else but I don't wanna spill all my beans as of now and I'm a lot more interested in how Venmar plays proceeding with my vote on him and all that.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #86 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:51 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Venmar: You've got it wrong (1st level scum would just do the scummy thing and stay on the wagon, 2nd would intentionally avoid that scumplay for towncred, 3rd would make the play and use meta as reason for why scum wouldn't do something so stupid) and are really caught up in presenting me in a negative way rather than grappling me and I don't like that.

@Deathnote: Oh, no, I very much want a lynch on Venmar. I just think I get way better info/interactions pushing him than my other scum candidates.

@Mathdino: I think my scumplay is mostly to flounder around and hope I make it to endgame, more realistically. That and BIG GAMBITS.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #91 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:25 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'm not a bad player, but definitely not a good one ;P

I don't keep up with people's meta, man. If you're scum in this game, you're scum in this game. It's that easy. And you're absolutely on-point, which is why I'm saying you're third level--you're playing contrary to scum playing as scum and playing a level of wifom over scum playing as town. It's not so much damned if you do or don't, it's that I don't find nearly as many justifications for you playing the way you're playing if I assume a town point of view.

What I feel is really awkward is that you've thrown up a big townread on me and given this "But I'll start scumreading you if you keep committing to tunneling me!"
Like, dude, I've been voting you for, what? One page of the game? That's hardly a pothole, much less a tunnel.
See, this is my issue with you here, it's one of rhetorical framing.
I'm not casing you, I'm 'tunneling' you.
I'm not explaining my thoughts, I'm 'providing damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-dont play things'.
When I say you're more focused on presenting me in a way rather than engaging me, that's what I mean. You're constantly making these sort of revisionist declarations to the rest of the playerbase rather than just throwing down.

Like, everything in your post 90 strikes me as so very wheeling and positioning, especially talking up how easy a mislynch you are when you've got, what? Two votes on you? Maybe? It's also really bizarre that you 'genuinely' ask if I know your meta, then say you 'know' the answer is a no, then go back to saying you wouldn't be surprised if I tried to exploit how easy it is to mislynch you, as if I'm somehow knowledgeable of this fact but not the scum-meta?

But you are a little right. I'm pushing you because you do react, and because I think your reactions are telling. Here's the thing (DeathNote, pay attention), I can go on all day about what I find scummy about a player and their play, but it takes two to tango. I don't have a ton of confidence in my ability to get other town players to really believe in a lynch (short of dumb gimmick gambits), but I do put a lot of stock in my capacity to get my scumreads to make posts that make what I'm seeing clear to the other players.

But, yeah, this'll be my last post for this 24 hours as well. If folks have questions for me, just bold my name so I can know. Like, comment, and subscribe for more posts like this one.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #104 (isolation #11) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:23 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'll dip into my reserve, if only to say
People hiding behind making 10 short crummy posts are the worst.
"Lol brah cants engage you, ran outta posts sayin garbage."
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #123 (isolation #12) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 119, CooLDoG wrote: 2) his post about wall posting is bad and reads to me as an active attempt to reduce town discussion in a post restricted game. More info is good. And e must also note math's own hypocracy of "no post over a paragraph" while he goes on to make posts well over that. This indicates that obviously there is a place for prolonged discussion an that if he is town he obviously thought making a long post was good in that case.
I agree that the whole "I CANT ENGAGE WITH THEM POSTS NOT EVEN GONNA CALL IT TOWN V TOWN" when, really, it should be super easy to get plenty of info about how both Venmar and I are going about this game from those posts and help folks discern a lot about our slots and, possibly, alignments.

Also not a huge fan of this followed up "Can people tell me if CooLDoG does this?" thing. It's like, homie, what does it matter if he does this? It's this game right now. Make a goddamn judgment call, stop stepping back from literally everything and avoiding having to have a stake in it.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #124 (isolation #13) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Wow my first sentence there is all fucked.
I agree that Mathdino's schtick is lame and non-committal.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #134 (isolation #14) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:23 am

Post by Varsoon »

Finally, something Venmar and I entirely agree on.

VOTE: Mathdino
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #157 (isolation #15) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:26 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 154, Assemblerotws wrote:Not liking how Venmar and Varsoon were arguing until they could both pounce on Mathdino. Feels like it could easily be scum theatre to me.
lol yup that's the play, go from the several viable wagons we've had to very clearly doubling down on an unpopular lynch that no one else has joined, real astute call you got us
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #181 (isolation #16) » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:49 am

Post by Varsoon »

I also get the sinking feeling that about half of the playerbase is present and the other half isn't.
Wish there was a purge button.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #183 (isolation #17) » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:54 am

Post by Varsoon »

Who's that directed at, Gamma?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #185 (isolation #18) » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:13 am

Post by Varsoon »

Not clear tags denoting it was DeathNote besides quoting his post--didn't know if you were asking me or someone else.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #211 (isolation #19) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:46 pm

Post by Varsoon »

ISO Vote + Mathdino
Read the posts around that

or like
just read the game
wow
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #235 (isolation #20) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:04 am

Post by Varsoon »

@Mod: What do the numbers next to our names represent in the VC?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #236 (isolation #21) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:05 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 235, Varsoon wrote:
@Mod: What do the numbers next to our names represent in the VC?
Nevermind, figured it out, it's post count.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #241 (isolation #22) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:04 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Why do you say MD is town, Hebichan?

Not a huge fan of either the Godel wagon or the Espeonage one that's popped up.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #245 (isolation #23) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Feels like some real awkward positioning there, Deathnote. Why stick with Hebi over Dino?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #274 (isolation #24) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:55 pm

Post by Varsoon »

When does the time come, Deathnote? At what point do you give up on the wagon you're chasing that has only your vote on it and go with the one that's more likely to end in a lynch?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #377 (isolation #25) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:47 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Prodded.
Been selling the house I'm in, so I've been real wrapped up in that and not spending (ironically) as many hours at home as I should.

I really don't know what to make of the Mathdino claim and reads. I guess I'll just reverse all my shit and sheep math, actually.
VOTE: Napoleon

It's awkward for me that players say I am good at the game until I vote them and their wagon is about to hit lynch, then bad play for me is 'lowkey expected'.
Like no shit m8 I'm no good at this game.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #381 (isolation #26) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:28 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Math's posting when on the lynching block just doesn't read as scum-posting to me. I dunno why. I'm bad at articulating this stuff, despite having a literal degree in it.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #386 (isolation #27) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Eeeeeeeeeeh

I guess it could be appeasing?
It's just like
I buy it is the problem
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #391 (isolation #28) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:56 pm

Post by Varsoon »

So I thought for sure he was town for his pr/setup slipping in post 61, because it seems like scum would absolutely know that you would have to use your negative abilities first.
The readslist + Claim also felt like giving literally everything to people.
But CooLDoG's right in that there is a sense of it being too nebulous and even looking back, the 'slip' I was seeing in 61 could just be manufactured, at which point, now everything's looking construct to me.
It's still nagging at me, especially because I definitely was buying it, so now I'm like a little kid who isn't sure if wrestling is real or fake, but that dude just got kicked in the head so maybe it is real or, wait, is he just selling it real good?

Gonna just keep the vote on Dino because, while I love waffles, I hate waffling.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #392 (isolation #29) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:57 pm

Post by Varsoon »

GOD DAMN IT MATH DINO,
YOU ARE TOWN, RIGHT?
FUCKINNNNN AAAAH
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #402 (isolation #30) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:26 am

Post by Varsoon »

VOTE: Napoleon

Yeah god damn it, math is town, I'm gonna die by this.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #431 (isolation #31) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:09 am

Post by Varsoon »

There's literally no reason for scum dino to lie anyway given that every role was made before alignments were decided.
If anything, him being truthful about his claim, as scum, earns him more capacity to be townread because 'scum would never claim that'.

Regardless, I've thrown in the towel on this one and totally have just rolled over and accepted math = town.
If I'm wrong, fuck me, I guess.

Man, if I designed this setup, I'd give scum the factional ability to automatically make people's negative abilities resolve. That'd be a cool way to counter people claiming 'em but not using 'em. :P
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #443 (isolation #32) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:27 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Oh, then I guess I can't read.
Jaysus.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #465 (isolation #33) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:47 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Happy birthday thing?

Where -is- Napoleon?

Skrew, why GE?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #511 (isolation #34) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:46 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 470, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 465, Varsoon wrote:Skrew, why GE?
I'm worried my GE scumread is as dumb as the stuff Vax is saying about dino right now. I'll probably reevaluate eventually.
what makes it dumb, tho?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #535 (isolation #35) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:32 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 533, Vaxkiller wrote:And you idiots are gonna pat your selves ont he back tomorrow like its a good thing
ONE LESS CONTENDER FOR THE CUP
YES

On the real, never seen dueling wagons D1. What's that even mean for us?
Like, is there for sure scum in one of them or are we getting played by scum?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #537 (isolation #36) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:49 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Like, y'know. Winning.
We win.
The Cup. The Trophy?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #544 (isolation #37) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:36 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I, too, was blocked.
So that's cool.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #545 (isolation #38) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:36 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Was fairly certain of Deathnote as scum, so I guess thanks to whoever killed him, though I'm lost again here.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #549 (isolation #39) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:25 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Told you chumps we shouldn't have softed/acted like we were all gonna use abilites on D1.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #556 (isolation #40) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:32 pm

Post by Varsoon »

It was around when deathnote started buddying me real hard.
I actually am trying to take notes this game, so, apparently "Scum, too much appeals to me, hops on Venmar wagon, can't be trusted"
That's what Varsoon wrote last week, so, uh, I guess I trust that guy.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #586 (isolation #41) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:40 am

Post by Varsoon »

@Venmar: Oh, his counterwagon flipped town.
I also kinda want to lynch everyone specc'ing multiball on D1.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #590 (isolation #42) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:06 am

Post by Varsoon »

I was blocked for sure. My negative utility requires that I really trust another player, which is why I wanted to get it out of the way as early as possible when we had the highest number of town alive and more people I could trust.

If it's between Hebi and Gamma, Hebi's the scum, then.

VOTE: Hebi
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #595 (isolation #43) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:31 am

Post by Varsoon »

Fuckin told you guys
I told you guys
You guys
I told you.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #596 (isolation #44) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:33 am

Post by Varsoon »

And when did I tell you guys
Like 3 pages in
I told you guys
Like 3 pages in
In post 73, Varsoon wrote: ...did you miss the whole part where I explained that, if this setup is cleverly designed, then scum definitely have the ability to just force us back to our negative abilities.
Even if that's not the case, then there could just as easily be something that punishes us if scum can guess who has used their negative ability/is being affected by their own negative utility.
I think the whole point is that all of our negative utilities will be somewhat capable of being noticed if scum are really keen about it, but we can effectively 'hide' if we've used them.

Even if there is literally nothing scum can do to mechanically punish negative utility use, simply by knowing who has and hasn't used their negative utility, they can keep tabs on who has enabled their positive PR parts of their role, which gives scum a clearer idea of who to kill from a purely mechanical standpoint.
But nooooo
No one listens to Varsoon
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #599 (isolation #45) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:52 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'm reading you as Venmar.
Actually, I resigned you to being town awhile ago
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #602 (isolation #46) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:10 am

Post by Varsoon »

Makes more sense to me that scum were on the Napoleon wagon, pushing it as a counterwagon to town-dino, and then decided to kill off the dino wagon to further drive that disparity
But I'm stupid so /shrug probably wrong.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #609 (isolation #47) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:51 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Seems like a shitty reason to vote someone over casing them, but lack of activity is more reflective of scum in multiball than anything else, imo.
Folks that stick their necks out get 'em chopped off.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #610 (isolation #48) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:52 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 609, Varsoon wrote:Seems like a shitty reason to vote someone over casing them, but lack of activity is more reflective of scum in multiball than anything else, imo.
Folks that stick their necks out get 'em chopped off.
Shit, wrong game.

Disregard this.
I'm cool with burying Hebi.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #622 (isolation #49) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:35 am

Post by Varsoon »

Sorry brudah, I'm town this time.

I can also literally prove it, if you give me time.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #656 (isolation #50) » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Well, I'd be able to prove it today, but a certain buttface global blocked.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #659 (isolation #51) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:48 am

Post by Varsoon »

I feel like I know nothing this game. I guess I'm still townreading Venmar.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #665 (isolation #52) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:56 am

Post by Varsoon »

My lynch flipped green and now I don't feel motivated at all.
Then the guy I was gonna push as scum today also flipped green.
So it's like
"Wow you're totally wrong about everything Varsoon"
and I dunno.
It's just a bummer. I need some time to really get my wits about me.
I gotta assume part of why I was allowed to live was because I had really useless reads.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #668 (isolation #53) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:28 am

Post by Varsoon »

What's the clear thing, Venmar?
Lynch you because you claimed a global roleblock?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #673 (isolation #54) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:54 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Useless tell, I'm town.
Again, I can mechanically prove it.

That tell is maybe more useful in an Open or non-role madness game. I think literally everyone in this game would want to get their negative abilities out the way so they could use their positive utility sooner.

Anyway, I'm townreading you, Venmar. Sorry for not voting you, I guess? If that makes my actions inconsistent with the logic I laid down earlier, guess I'll just have to be a loser like that.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #677 (isolation #55) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:39 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Gamma: Not really. It's only natural that I'm bummed as fuck for not getting to use abilities that the setup is literally designed around.
Fuck off with the whole 'MAN ANYONE WHO IS BUMMED THAT THEY CANT BE A MECHANICAL PART OF THE GAME DUE TO ACTION FAILURE IS SCUM"
I am literal proof of that tell being absolute bullshit by sheer virtue of being bummed AND being town.
Furthermore, my apathy/frustration is more directed at the fact all my scumreads are coming up green.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #705 (isolation #56) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:17 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Preventing scum from accessing cool abilities is outright worse than preventing town from using cool abilities, especially since town outnumber scum.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #708 (isolation #57) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:29 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Setup'll prove you wrong, then.
Now we're looking at having only 5 or 6 'positive' town abilities pop off instead of 7 or 8.
But y'know, yeah having one more day of 'info' sure does help!!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #714 (isolation #58) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:09 am

Post by Varsoon »

BIG
GAMBITS
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #722 (isolation #59) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:33 am

Post by Varsoon »

Yeee
VOTE: Venmar

Okay with this.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #735 (isolation #60) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:49 pm

Post by Varsoon »

no man
He's scum and he gets to use his positive ability tonight and that's why he's playing the whole LOL GUYS WONT BE ALIVE TOMORROW schtick
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #736 (isolation #61) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:50 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I literally can confirm myself as town and the dude's voting for me.
If I'm not conf-town by lylo, you can lynch me and it's that easy.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #742 (isolation #62) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:04 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 740, Venmar wrote:me: I'm town and I can prove it TOMORROW
Varsoon: I'll prove I'm town by the very last endphase please let me live as long as possible

?????????
Man, I hate this game.
UNVOTE:
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #745 (isolation #63) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:26 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I have no clue what to do, tbh.
CooLDoG, point me in the right direction.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #749 (isolation #64) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:44 pm

Post by Varsoon »

VOTE: Gamma emerald

Alright then.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #810 (isolation #65) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:49 am

Post by Varsoon »

Don't think I ever had a global roleblock, but I have had roleblocks that could block multiple players.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #818 (isolation #66) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:13 am

Post by Varsoon »

I've resigned to not worrying about it, really.
If Venmar's town, he gets shot tonight to keep him from potentially maximizing his positive ability use.
If Venmar's scum, he gets shot tonight to keep him from potentially maximizing his positive ability use.
It's easy.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #840 (isolation #67) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:18 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 831, Venmar wrote:
vote: mathdino

when i die, town needs to wise-up. scum are in mathdino/varsoon/pirate mollie/vaxxkiller (vaxx townread died a while ago sorry)

chara and cooldog are hardtown for me.

leaning that titus, hebichan, and gamma are all likely to be town

not too sure on elton john and espeonage honestly. elton's posting has improved but not enough for me to townread him.

espeonage im particularly split on. i think his posting has been solid recently but his position on math's wagon on d1 is really all that concerns me. if vaxx is scum i think espeonage is definitely town. esp just needs to get sorted later and for now i will resign him to the mostly null, possibly town category
See, I can't put any stock into your shit because you blocked all the town power usage and now you're scumreading me and I'm town.
You're either scum or town with really poor judgment.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #848 (isolation #68) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:53 am

Post by Varsoon »

This dude is scum, right?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #855 (isolation #69) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:56 am

Post by Varsoon »

"I don't know of a better way of snubbing town power in a role madness game than using a mass roleblock on day one. Why are people so upset over it?"

Fucking I DONT KNOW HEBI
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #861 (isolation #70) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:24 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Yawn.

Please let this suffering end.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #866 (isolation #71) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:50 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Espeonage and Vaxkiller for scum on the wagon.
Hebi and Gamma for scum off of it.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #868 (isolation #72) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:53 pm

Post by Varsoon »

So you would've preferred a no lynch?
And now you're pushing for another lynch on town.
Garbage, my boy.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #871 (isolation #73) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:20 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, scum with 5 lined up dead town by N2 double down on a hammer pile on, makes plenty of sense.
There's scum in one of you, I'm sure.
But I'm more sure of scum in one of Espeonage, Mollie, Chara.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #878 (isolation #74) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:46 pm

Post by Varsoon »

VOTE: Gamma

Should prove two things, hold on.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #884 (isolation #75) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:45 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Curious.
My negative ability is that I give someone else the ability to cast my vote.
I'm guessing the now-dead Venmar has it, if my intended target doesn't.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #886 (isolation #76) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I want my target to prove they control my vote, because if I outed them and they gambited around it, then I'd never know.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #889 (isolation #77) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:41 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Hello kitty doesn't have a mouth because she speaks from her heart.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #913 (isolation #78) » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:00 am

Post by Varsoon »

Just different grouping methods.
I'm pretty sure Espeon is scum out of [Espeon, Mollie, Chara] and but I'm not really sure which between Hebi or Gama would be.
I'm not scumreading all of those slots, just, circumstantially, those people can't be all aligned together, imo.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #915 (isolation #79) » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:44 pm

Post by Varsoon »

And mathdino was town that was downed by scum so hey
Looks like maybe he was right?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #917 (isolation #80) » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:57 pm

Post by Varsoon »

waffles.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #920 (isolation #81) » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:32 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 919, Vaxkiller wrote:I want to mislynch varsoon and have him flip town so I can achieve my scum wincon.
Wow dude
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #931 (isolation #82) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:58 pm

Post by Varsoon »

...and I still am. Are you just acting like you're not familiar with how the mechanics for the game work or did you think my negative utility ability was an innocent child?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #932 (isolation #83) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:59 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Figures I'd call out Espeon and Hebi as scum and both'd vote me down.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #939 (isolation #84) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:43 am

Post by Varsoon »

Gotta assume it's because he's Avril Lavigne and it's his negative utility:
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #946 (isolation #85) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:11 am

Post by Varsoon »

I mean, I think there's for sure scum in one of the three of ya'll, so I'll take whatever.
Also, Mollie should have my vote, but it may've been sucked up by Venmar.
Regardless, I can't vote.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #947 (isolation #86) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:12 am

Post by Varsoon »

And that's not just like "lol I can't vote today"
I can't vote for the rest of the game.
My negative utility gives someone else control of my vote.
The idea is that my positive utility confirms me as town so hard I should never need control of it.
Of course, it also makes it to where if I gave my vote to the wrong person, we lose if that person is scum left alive in 3p LYLO with me.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #978 (isolation #87) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:27 am

Post by Varsoon »

But Elton, Chara's last post doesn't throw any shade on me tho.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #989 (isolation #88) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:23 am

Post by Varsoon »

Ditto.
I also can't vote, so I'm pretty much poofed.
And if I start making huge strides and being useful right now, then scum'll have more incentive to kill me when I confirm town.
If I don't do anything, I can be IC and still live a day or two.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #991 (isolation #89) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:28 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'm really, really cool with a lynch on Elton or Espeon.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #992 (isolation #90) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:28 am

Post by Varsoon »

Titus might also be scum because this game reeks of Titus-scum from level of engagement standpoint.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #994 (isolation #91) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:31 am

Post by Varsoon »

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #997 (isolation #92) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:35 am

Post by Varsoon »

I can't, but if I try my best, maybe whoever has my vote can cast it for me?

At the start I was dividing out groups based on different analysis. Like, diving the game into piles of "Well, out of this group, there's definitely one scum, no way there isn't based on their interactions, votes, etc."
So it wasn't like "All these people are scum," it was, "One of these three for sure should be."

I'm not really sure who town is. A lot of my read confidence went down the drain when Venmar, Deathnote, AND math all flipped town.
I think CooLDoG's town. I had a townread on Espeon from neg-claiming in post 70, but now I'm really not so sure and their recent play has made me really think they're scum.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #998 (isolation #93) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:38 am

Post by Varsoon »

So, uh, here's a thing.
I don't have my vote for the rest of the game. That's what I've been claiming.
The truth is that I lose my vote FOR THE DAY and the player I target picks it up FOR THE DAY.
So unless Mollie legit didn't get my claim right, she definitely has my vote and knows it's a one-day thing and is playing ignorant.

But I made really sure to never say 'for the day' and to reiterate I had no vote and even specify for the rest of the game in post 947.

So, Mollie, how come you know it's only for the day?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1001 (isolation #94) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:16 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'm saying that my negative ability is that I give someone else CONTROL over my vote for the next DAY.
I WAS claiming it was forever, both because I wanted to keep it a secret I could vote (if scum kept me for LYLO because they thought I was voteless, I could then slam out a vote and win this for us!) and because I wanted to see if whoever DID get my vote knew it was only for the day. There's no reason why you, who SHOULD have my vote and is a good player, would misread and say it was only for the day when I was VERY SPECIFIC about it being FOR THE WHOLE GAME.

Also, I wasn't calling you scum, if you read my post. Stop misrepresenting my play.

You got caught is all. If you genuinely misread and slipped in this situation as town, then I'm sorry, but I hold you in pretty high regards as a player who wouldn't make a mistake like that. However, as scum, it makes plenty of sense that'd you'd slip, because you'd be accutely aware that I had only lost my vote for the day because you'd have control of it for the day.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1007 (isolation #95) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by Varsoon »

That's really up to your discretion.
Do you think mollie would have, as town, missed my insistence that my vote was gone all day?
Or do you think it's more likely that mollie-scum, who knew it was only gone for the day, slipped?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1010 (isolation #96) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:09 am

Post by Varsoon »

Role PM says that the player controls my vote for the following Day Phase.
They receive a PM letting them know that they do.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1012 (isolation #97) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:27 am

Post by Varsoon »

It would have been specific.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1014 (isolation #98) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:43 am

Post by Varsoon »

Town Mollie would have no reason to hide the fact she has control of my vote/play ignorant like mollie has.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1022 (isolation #99) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Mollie, why are you pushing this narrative that I have a scumread on you?
How do you not understand separating players into groups to sort?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1024 (isolation #100) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:51 am

Post by Varsoon »

I can't know for sure, but since I targeted mollie with the ability that gives them my vote and the ability did not fail the way it did on N1, I assume that mollie does have my vote, especially given the slip that it's only for the day--information she should not be aware of unless she has my vote.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1037 (isolation #101) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:35 am

Post by Varsoon »

Mollie's just mad 'cus I caught her over something like a slip. Get got, as they say. I'll prove to everyone soon enough that I'm town and you're a fraud.

I'm cool with the Espeon lynch, just wanted everyone to be aware of what I was thinking moving forward with Mollie.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1046 (isolation #102) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:24 am

Post by Varsoon »

I've answered everything, you're just being really obstinate about this.
I have no idea why.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1049 (isolation #103) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:32 am

Post by Varsoon »

Scum motivation to lie about having the vote is so that you can continue to push a scum-led narrative that Venmar lightning rodded everyone. As of right now, scum motivation to lie would be preservation of your life.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1050 (isolation #104) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:33 am

Post by Varsoon »

I've also outlined the world in which a town!mollie slips, too.
That part's just not convenient for your push on me, though, I guess.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1055 (isolation #105) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:47 am

Post by Varsoon »

I think there's plenty of benefit to lying. I wouldn't know all them, I'm not scum. Burden of proof is not on me.
I don't believe that all actions went to Venmar.
Facts are that you said my vote was only gone for the day when there was literally no indication of that and I was very specific that it was gone all game.
Occam's razor: You know it's only gone for the day. The only reason you could know that is if you or a scum-buddy got my vote. Only reason not to come forward about having my vote is if you're scum.
I've got a great argument for my being town: It says so on my fucking role PM, which will flip soon enough anyway because there's no way scum lets an IC with an extra positive unused ability live.

However, my vote is still for Espeon.
Figuratively, of course.

I also don't get mollie being so accusatory if town. We've both been at each other's necks in towngames before, iirc--I think last time was Clue Mafia 2, but the way I'm being treated here doesn't feel like that.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1059 (isolation #106) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:02 am

Post by Varsoon »

I mean, there's here...
In post 1007, Varsoon wrote:Do you think mollie would have, as town, missed my insistence that my vote was gone all day?
...and here...
In post 1001, Varsoon wrote: There's no reason why you, who SHOULD have my vote and is a good player, would misread and say it was only for the day when I was VERY SPECIFIC about it being FOR THE WHOLE GAME.

If you genuinely misread and slipped in this situation as town, then I'm sorry, but I hold you in pretty high regards as a player who wouldn't make a mistake like that.

But nevermind those posts, right? Keep insisting there's no benefit to lying when literally right now lying is the only thing keeping you from being confirmed as hiding the fact you had my vote/ie- a scum claim.

Your slip did take place, too.
In post 996, pirate mollie wrote:I thought you cldn't vote today varsoona
There is literally no way to publicly confirm that you do not have my vote. You can only possibly confirm if you do have my vote.
HOWEVER, the INFORMATION that my vote was only lost for TODAY is information someone could ONLY HAVE if they had my vote.
You keep bringing up Occam's Razor but the situation is literally you caught in saying something you shouldn't have known.
This is literally THE fucking 'slip' trope in detective fiction: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... tWasPoison
Literally:
Me: "Well, I can't vote for the whole game."
Me, 100 posts later: "Vote: Espeonage"
Mollie: "I thought you couldn't vote today."
Me: "I never said I couldn't vote only today."

I could definitely see how mollie might mean 'today' as "You can't vote today or any day, for that matter," but mollie hasn't defended the slip as such at all.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1082 (isolation #107) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:02 am

Post by Varsoon »

Wha'cha mean, you're waiting on me?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1111 (isolation #108) » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:40 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1091, Vaxkiller wrote:@Varsoon
In post 1082, Varsoon wrote:Wha'cha mean, you're waiting on me?
In post 1066, Vaxkiller wrote:@Varsoon
In post 1032, Vaxkiller wrote:Why did you choose pirate mollie with that ability?
When N1 rolled around, I trusted them with my vote. I even asked them in the thread, if you were paying attention.

Also, shite vote on me, considering I confirm myself as town literally tomorrow.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1253 (isolation #109) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:36 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1197, xRECKONERx wrote:scumteam got away with murder

mollie OPENLY scumslipped by claiming she lost her vote the night Venmar had lightning rod'd everything

and btw hilariously, the scumteam vanillaized hebichan by accident

Sorry for losing this game for you, town
I was a DAYVIG and I was going to DAYVIG mollie, but I forgot it was a DAYvig and tried to kill the NIGHT that I died.
Basically, I'm retarded and it cost town the game.

I did have the scumteam right eventually tho
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1256 (isolation #110) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:38 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Sorry, I am also awful
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1262 (isolation #111) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:51 pm

Post by Varsoon »

It was quite embarassing
i let soulja boy down

Also, Reckoner, you swore the ability I had that made my avatar into Goku served some purpose--what was it?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”