Dance of the Title Fairy: Accepting Applications

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4646 (isolation #400) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:09 am

Post by vonflare »

aaahhhhh
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4649 (isolation #401) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:16 am

Post by vonflare »

so what you're saying alchemist is you would be the perfect title fairy
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4668 (isolation #402) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:43 am

Post by vonflare »

This is truly the greatest honor I have ever been bestowed in my long life. First and foremost, I would like to thank the acadootmy for hosting this event. Truly, an honor just to be here. And might I add, this city is amazing.
Crowd cheers.
This hall is amazing too, man, just give it up for all of you, this show just wouldn't be the same without you!
Crowd claps.
So, let's make this acceptance speech quick and painless, shall we? I know you have important things to do, and the advertisers have to get their time when I'm done, amirite?
Crowd laughs, a few clap
. I especially want to thank my co-stars on The Mafiascum Show, who are all included in this award with me, Papa Gin, Zizistophanes, Firebattp, Not_Alisae, and Hiploproy6. I absolutely could not have done it without my dear friends and co-stars!
Gestures at the front row, all of them stand, crowd applauds
. Now I want to give a big shout out to my family, who, without their constant love and support, I would never have come this far in my career. My father always said to me, "I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed."
A single tear rolls down my cheek.
Those words really stuck with me, man. And,
sniffle,
I'll always cherish him and the things he's said to me. But really, my big motivator through all this was the lack of a girlfriend. Having a title on mafiascum doot net has given me newfound confidence and all-around attractiveness in real life. Early this morning, I was suddenly attacked by 5 or 6 women in my own home. I have no idea how they got in, but I'm not complaining. Afterwards, I checked mafiascum, as I am prone to do in these situations, and I saw the update on this thread. "Oh, I get it now," I whispered to myself. So I got in my car and I went straight to the radio station the very next day, and said, "Hey, Fab, I'mma kill you" lyrics coming at you at supersonic speed (JJ Fad). Uh, sama lamaa duma lamaa you assuming I'm a human what I gotta do to get it through to you I'm superhuman innovative and I'm made of rubber so that anything you saying ricocheting off of me and it'll glue to you I'm never stating, more than never demonstrating How to give a motherfuckin' audience a feeling like it's levitating never fading, and I know that the haters are forever waiting for the day that they can say I fell off, they'd be celebrating. Understandably, the police were confused. They tried to catch me but there's nothing they could do, I've built up an immunity to taser electricity by having a glass of it every night before bed. An incredible car chase ensued, but I managed to escape by throwing rocks out my window, making all the police look towards the source of the noise and causing them to crash. I felt myself floating in place, and the world looked surreal. I realized, oh no, I'm dreaming. So I woke up in my bed, and I looked down at my pristine white shirt. "Oh," I said, "it's a tide ad"

TL;DR
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4672 (isolation #403) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:02 am

Post by vonflare »

oh no i forgot to include mcmeemo in my shoutouts
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4677 (isolation #404) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:08 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 4674, xyzzy wrote:hey I have a very serious proposal for this thread: how about instead of deliberating for long periods of time about whether a title is right for someone, we instead pick a fun-sounding title and then decide which user will get to have that be their title. my suggestion for the first title chosen in this way is
Cleft in Twain
. I think there's a lot of good possibilities for puns involving a cleft foot or Mark Twain, not to mention the literal meaning of the phrase, so we should have an easy time picking which user gets this title.
no

also nth comical 3rd option
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4680 (isolation #405) » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:49 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 4667, InflatablePie wrote:
In post 4666, Papa Zito wrote:My work is done.
nom Zito for
Did His Dooty
This is good on multiple levels since zito is half meme half snark

Ntheroni
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4685 (isolation #406) » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:56 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 4681, McMenno wrote:it's funny because they had it before and asked to have it removed because it doesn't really have anythng to do with them so this is an exercise in futility I love clogging up the title thread trololol

I mean aren't we all
zito had a different title before, which he asked to be removed.

he never had 'did his dooty' as far as I am aware
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4687 (isolation #407) » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:02 am

Post by vonflare »

oh

what? xyzzy removed comical third option? why? it's literally the most fitting title
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4690 (isolation #408) » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:50 pm

Post by vonflare »

so you'd accept 'comical third option'?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4692 (isolation #409) » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:27 pm

Post by vonflare »

huh.

I guess we can drop that one then.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4698 (isolation #410) » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:50 pm

Post by vonflare »

yeah its a good title
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4708 (isolation #411) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:58 am

Post by vonflare »

Lengthy and Compelling
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4711 (isolation #412) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by vonflare »

wait we already know titles can be on 2 lines

so why not something that spans multiple lines? it fits with the theme of the title.

E X T E N D E D
P O S T I N G

just to get the ball rolling
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4718 (isolation #413) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by vonflare »

aristo = shotty confirmed
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4720 (isolation #414) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:35 pm

Post by vonflare »

goddamnit
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4722 (isolation #415) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:43 pm

Post by vonflare »

thanks jokeexplainbot
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4726 (isolation #416) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:07 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 4702, zakk wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 4668, vonflare wrote:This is truly the greatest honor I have ever been bestowed in my long life. First and foremost, I would like to thank the acadootmy for hosting this event. Truly, an honor just to be here. And might I add, this city is amazing.
Crowd cheers.
This hall is amazing too, man, just give it up for all of you, this show just wouldn't be the same without you!
Crowd claps.
So, let's make this acceptance speech quick and painless, shall we? I know you have important things to do, and the advertisers have to get their time when I'm done, amirite?
Crowd laughs, a few clap
. I especially want to thank my co-stars on The Mafiascum Show, who are all included in this award with me, Papa Gin, Zizistophanes, Firebattp, Not_Alisae, and Hiploproy6. I absolutely could not have done it without my dear friends and co-stars!
Gestures at the front row, all of them stand, crowd applauds
. Now I want to give a big shout out to my family, who, without their constant love and support, I would never have come this far in my career. My father always said to me, "I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed."
A single tear rolls down my cheek.
Those words really stuck with me, man. And,
sniffle,
I'll always cherish him and the things he's said to me. But really, my big motivator through all this was the lack of a girlfriend. Having a title on mafiascum doot net has given me newfound confidence and all-around attractiveness in real life. Early this morning, I was suddenly attacked by 5 or 6 women in my own home. I have no idea how they got in, but I'm not complaining. Afterwards, I checked mafiascum, as I am prone to do in these situations, and I saw the update on this thread. "Oh, I get it now," I whispered to myself. So I got in my car and I went straight to the radio station the very next day, and said, "Hey, Fab, I'mma kill you" lyrics coming at you at supersonic speed (JJ Fad). Uh, sama lamaa duma lamaa you assuming I'm a human what I gotta do to get it through to you I'm superhuman innovative and I'm made of rubber so that anything you saying ricocheting off of me and it'll glue to you I'm never stating, more than never demonstrating How to give a motherfuckin' audience a feeling like it's levitating never fading, and I know that the haters are forever waiting for the day that they can say I fell off, they'd be celebrating. Understandably, the police were confused. They tried to catch me but there's nothing they could do, I've built up an immunity to taser electricity by having a glass of it every night before bed. An incredible car chase ensued, but I managed to escape by throwing rocks out my window, making all the police look towards the source of the noise and causing them to crash. I felt myself floating in place, and the world looked surreal. I realized, oh no, I'm dreaming. So I woke up in my bed, and I looked down at my pristine white shirt. "Oh," I said, "it's a tide ad"

TL;DR

i actually read all of this wtf

This might have been the last post he read before he left us

I am not worthy of such an honor
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4738 (isolation #417) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:40 am

Post by vonflare »

who the heck is bk44
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4753 (isolation #418) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:29 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 4749, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 4747, Venmar wrote:make it a meme and nom him for
that new guy
Counter-nominate him for
Who the heck
I'd be ok with this one
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4756 (isolation #419) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:37 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 4754, Cheetory6 wrote:Haha it's funny trying to bully new users.
we're just introducing them to the
real
site culture so they arent surprised later
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4760 (isolation #420) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:42 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 4757, Psyche wrote:get it?
green like the color of grass?
like the title?

the nomination is perfect
nth
Green
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4765 (isolation #421) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:17 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 4762, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 4761, UC Voyager wrote:Oh man. Are we going to have another your mother has a smooth forehead. Which I was one nth from getting.
what
no, he wasn't. psyche would never have approved such an awful title
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4768 (isolation #422) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:18 am

Post by vonflare »

psyche why isnt xyzzy's title capitalized is that intentional because if eel like it should look like a poll option and be like

Comical Third Option

instead of

comical third option
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4770 (isolation #423) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:29 am

Post by vonflare »

understandable have a nice day
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4778 (isolation #424) » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by vonflare »

vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4783 (isolation #425) » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:11 pm

Post by vonflare »

ironically, elbrin rejecting the title only makes it more fitting for him
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4784 (isolation #426) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:12 am

Post by vonflare »

also can we get a title for sheep's new account when he returns,

12 btw
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4787 (isolation #427) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:47 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 4785, Venmar wrote:i do not endorse bullying pls
cleared the title with sheep, he likes it.

bring on the Nths people
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4798 (isolation #428) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:00 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 4797, Firebringer wrote:I don’t think we can give titles to banned users
In post 4784, vonflare wrote:also can we get a title
for sheep's new account when he returns

12 btw
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4803 (isolation #429) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:57 am

Post by vonflare »

he point of a title is not a reward it is a signifier of a significant event/trend linked to a user

this fits the bill perfectly
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4805 (isolation #430) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:59 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 4804, BTD6_maker wrote:I doubt it is even possible to give Sheep a title, given that their account has been disabled. Even then, we probably shouldn't give them that title if they return. It probably wouldn't be relevant any more.

Anti-Nom.
In post 4798, vonflare wrote:
In post 4797, Firebringer wrote:I don’t think we can give titles to banned users
In post 4784, vonflare wrote:also can we get a title
for sheep's new account when he returns

12 btw
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4806 (isolation #431) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:00 am

Post by vonflare »

also it already has more than 5 nths so your antinoms do
nothing
muahahaha
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4808 (isolation #432) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:03 am

Post by vonflare »

understandable have a nice few months
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4810 (isolation #433) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:42 am

Post by vonflare »

not mutually exclusive
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4815 (isolation #434) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:55 am

Post by vonflare »

If sheep is ok with it and the fairy is ok with it and the community voted for it it's absolutely fine. If it dosent match your own personal idea of what makes a good title, that's unfortunate.

Also doot
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4817 (isolation #435) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:02 am

Post by vonflare »

arrest all the 12-year-olds with facebook I say
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4820 (isolation #436) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:25 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 4818, Alisae wrote:WHEN YOU'RE UNDER 18 BUT YOU LIE AND SAY YOU ARE OVER 18
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4832 (isolation #437) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:59 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 4829, Shaziro wrote:it's a bad title
in my opinion
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4834 (isolation #438) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:01 am

Post by vonflare »

well it's obviously
not
an objectively bad title considering a majority of users said they liked it, yet you are labeling it as such based on your own opinion

this applies to both doot and 12 btw
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4843 (isolation #439) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:07 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 4820, vonflare wrote: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4851 (isolation #440) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 4849, animorpherv1 wrote:On a sidenote, vonflare doesn't understand what bad behaviour is because that's all he can do in a desperate bid to get people to see him.
haha yes personal attacks are a good way to explain why the title is bad

you have convinced me, consider my nom withdrawn
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4861 (isolation #441) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:26 am

Post by vonflare »

While I agree with the sentiment of only giving users a title once they have established themselves on the site, in sheep's case it is a funny and unique event that sparked a lot of discussion and I think it's title-worthy.

we should probably pause discussion on this issue until he is unbanned, though
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4863 (isolation #442) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:29 am

Post by vonflare »

no u
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4869 (isolation #443) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:20 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 4866, LicketyQuickety wrote:lots of people go to college for 7 years.

They are called doctors.

good post very relevant
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4881 (isolation #444) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:00 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 4878, Psyche wrote:i will delete all of these posts
no i like my snarky 'personal attacks' retort
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4883 (isolation #445) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:36 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 4882, CheekyTeeky wrote:Can we make sheep's title "Silence of the Lamb"?
N O U S E R N A M E P U N S
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4885 (isolation #446) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:44 am

Post by vonflare »

intelligent and well-thought-out titles are even worse
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4889 (isolation #447) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:52 am

Post by vonflare »

I'm not sure who cheeckyteeky is but i like them
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4891 (isolation #448) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:01 am

Post by vonflare »

it might be good on its own but 12 btw is obviously superior
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4893 (isolation #449) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:57 am

Post by vonflare »

see even psyche likes 12 btw
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4897 (isolation #450) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by vonflare »

yeah that one's grown on me, I wouldn't be opposed to it

12 btw is still the greatest title for him though
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4899 (isolation #451) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:17 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 4898, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 4895, LicketyQuickety wrote:Khan Academy is dank.
wut
He's saying he thinks online learning supplements are the bee's knees
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4905 (isolation #452) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:35 pm

Post by vonflare »

wow this page has been terrible so far lets see if we can turn it around
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4908 (isolation #453) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:51 pm

Post by vonflare »

Shwoop dunk willekers
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4911 (isolation #454) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:58 pm

Post by vonflare »

Guys psyche if the second best title fairy, only ranked below the UK's Natural Environmental Research Council
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4917 (isolation #455) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:54 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 4916, LicketyQuickety wrote:OK, It's inappropriate to make light of a rule about someone being too young to be here.

There was something that happened a few years ago that the whole forum was talking about and it was not cool, it was not funny, and it was a real thing.

I replaced a pediphile... who was on site... doing who knows what.

Yeah, not funny.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4920 (isolation #456) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:19 pm

Post by vonflare »

You just made the same post 3 times

We get it. You don't like NS. Nobody does.

That has no relationship with the topic at hand, being sheeps title.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4924 (isolation #457) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:02 pm

Post by vonflare »

You don't need to steal, just send me a gif of equal value and we're square
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4931 (isolation #458) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:09 pm

Post by vonflare »

chesskid already has a title, and if we're doing titles for banned users shotty should be the first to recieve

Buying MS
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4942 (isolation #459) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:17 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 4938, Psyche wrote:Really not considering any title noms for currently banned users.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4944 (isolation #460) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:58 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 1013, Psyche wrote: fuck you
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4949 (isolation #461) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:06 am

Post by vonflare »

Everything in life is a joke

If you haven't figured that out yet, the joke's on you.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4958 (isolation #462) » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:13 am

Post by vonflare »

"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering."
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4964 (isolation #463) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:13 am

Post by vonflare »

I like his current title but I also like the proposed title so I am indifferent
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4969 (isolation #464) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:39 am

Post by vonflare »

how about mr green sky bc his name is green and green also means good and ari is good like the color green
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4971 (isolation #465) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:42 am

Post by vonflare »

but money is good just like the color green and aristophanes
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4973 (isolation #466) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:00 am

Post by vonflare »

wait

if 3 rights make a left

and panzer is right

then there are 3 panzers in a left

and if left 4 dead

then there are 4 deads in a left

red dead redemption 2 is coming out

so there's 2 redemptions in a red dead

dead is half of red dead (approx, difference is negligible in this calculation)

so the dead:redemption ratio is 1:1

so that's 4 redemptions in each left, and 3 panzers in each left

so thats 4 redemptions in 3 panzers, making each panzer contain 1.33 redemptions!

according to this the cost of a redemption can vary by bank however the example they give is 2% of your initial investment, which we can safely assume to be close to the standard.

1.33*2=2.66%

Therefore panzer is equivalent to 2.66% of your investment.

quick maffs
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4977 (isolation #467) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:23 am

Post by vonflare »

I considered it but I felt that it would be more humerus if I ended on absurdity rather than something as predictable as that
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4985 (isolation #468) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:58 am

Post by vonflare »

zito needs a title, please suggest good ones
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4988 (isolation #469) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:13 am

Post by vonflare »

I still like 'did his dooty' but doot is also good

any that haven't been suggested though?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4990 (isolation #470) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:20 am

Post by vonflare »

nah we gotta shake things up around here
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4998 (isolation #471) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by vonflare »

bad title
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5044 (isolation #472) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:06 am

Post by vonflare »

elbrin is right and everyone else is wrong including me
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5047 (isolation #473) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:09 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 5045, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 5041, Elbirn wrote:Don't make this mistake Psyche I love you
In post 4772, Aristophanes wrote:Has anyone
nominated Elbirn for Meme Police
recently?
Nth yet again
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5049 (isolation #474) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by vonflare »

elbrin it is your destiny
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5053 (isolation #475) » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:41 am

Post by vonflare »

When I inherit the power of the title fairy I will make elbrins title meme police as my second official action (right after I change skrew's back to snark attack)
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5057 (isolation #476) » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:01 am

Post by vonflare »

that's not very funny
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5064 (isolation #477) » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:29 am

Post by vonflare »

zito changed my title to "very important pigeon" once
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5066 (isolation #478) » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by vonflare »

I don't use punctuation at the end of my sentences because it allows the reader to apply their own inflection

See what I mean
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5072 (isolation #479) » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:08 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 5071, Cheetory6 wrote:Oh god I never thought a post like that would get taken seriously
it was only taken seriously be elbrin

because

he's

the

meme

police
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5079 (isolation #480) » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 5077, Elbirn wrote:
In post 5074, Not_Mafia wrote:Just shut up, no one gives a shit about your fuckwit opinion you stupid cunt.
Stop it
Don't bully people ;_;
M E M E P O L I C E
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5084 (isolation #481) » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:57 pm

Post by vonflare »

I think you people should remove the sticks from up your asses to make more room for your opinions
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5092 (isolation #482) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:37 am

Post by vonflare »

there are some things I like better about new apathetic psyche but there are more things I liked about tryhard psyche
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5095 (isolation #483) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:01 am

Post by vonflare »

try to find a healthy balance psyche

try to be

somewhat effortful psyche
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5101 (isolation #484) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:41 pm

Post by vonflare »

any award ceremony itt will be considered stealing my shtick and I will pursue legal action
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5107 (isolation #485) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 5105, Alisae wrote:
In post 5104, Mathdino wrote:aren't we all
in your head,
mr personality?

...doot
Terrible
Absolutely god awful
that's what makes it good
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5118 (isolation #486) » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:31 pm

Post by vonflare »

how come
now
you're suddenly lax and nonchalant?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5126 (isolation #487) » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:36 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 5124, UC Voyager wrote:I boned him for revenge
how was it
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5128 (isolation #488) » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:43 am

Post by vonflare »

uc voyager x psyche best mafiascum ship
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5130 (isolation #489) » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:47 am

Post by vonflare »

the speakeasy
is
the site
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5132 (isolation #490) » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:49 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 826, vonflare wrote:rules are out the window, this is the TITLE DIMENSION
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5134 (isolation #491) » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:46 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 5132, vonflare wrote:
In post 826, vonflare wrote:rules are out the window, this is the TITLE DIMENSION

you know i cant believe this was 5000 posts ago
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5150 (isolation #492) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:36 am

Post by vonflare »

Nth gotta go fast
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5165 (isolation #493) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:31 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 5162, Alisae wrote:Anything that isn't hedgehog related is a disgrace to mulch
Ywall should be ashamed of yourselves
this

I think the haHAA-ness of sonic the hedgehog fits him perfectly
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5174 (isolation #494) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:36 pm

Post by vonflare »

I absolutely hate all the relationship thread drama being carried over to this thread. just chill, guys. Ari is more than just that topic.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5193 (isolation #495) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:25 pm

Post by vonflare »

anti-nom both buttman titles btw
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5207 (isolation #496) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:01 am

Post by vonflare »

there's no real links you can get, he just posts world news that agrees with his viewpoint in his 'ministry of truth' thread

also
In post 5202, animorpherv1 wrote:Buttons what happened to you you used to nom good, non-shitty titles.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5246 (isolation #497) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 5224, TheButtonmen wrote:People who have been around long enough to know this subforum exists are more likely to have been exposed to the discussion forums where us old fogeys tend to congregate thus more titles tend to come from certain areas like SE or General Discussion.

It would be awesome if we could somehow promote the titling process with the newer crowd but it's not exactly a terribly well advertised or even visible area of the site.

that's fine, popularity ruins things
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5248 (isolation #498) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by vonflare »

also +1 lolbalance if i haven't explicitly done so already
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5264 (isolation #499) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:01 am

Post by vonflare »

I'm glad that balance has been restored to the thread.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5288 (isolation #500) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by vonflare »

mathdino please ignore panzer

him disliking the title is actually an indicator that it is good
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5294 (isolation #501) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:27 pm

Post by vonflare »

I like
Dapper
for gin

Very cool and collected personality, plus it references the perpetual tie avvy

thoughts?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5307 (isolation #502) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:05 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 5298, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 5294, vonflare wrote:Very cool and collected personality
Have you ever seen him get riled up in a game?
idk i only know gin from sitechat and the discussion side since i dont play mafia
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5324 (isolation #503) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:05 am

Post by vonflare »

FWIW I think mathdino is a valuable contribution to the thread
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5333 (isolation #504) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:51 am

Post by vonflare »

gotta go fast is fine for mulch
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5365 (isolation #505) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:28 am

Post by vonflare »

mission success
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5374 (isolation #506) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:27 am

Post by vonflare »

vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5388 (isolation #507) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:03 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 5387, Cheetory6 wrote:nominate spiff for
paragone

Heh

Nth
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5399 (isolation #508) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:33 pm

Post by vonflare »

no u
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5467 (isolation #509) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:54 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 5465, Pine wrote:
In post 5464, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 5459, Cheetory6 wrote:paragone was honestly kind of a joke nom.
it's a good joke
Good jokes make the best titles.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5473 (isolation #510) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:27 am

Post by vonflare »

Sounds fine to me
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5477 (isolation #511) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:46 am

Post by vonflare »

nice title can i pick the next one
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5479 (isolation #512) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:49 am

Post by vonflare »

if you let me pick the title I'll quit the site
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5483 (isolation #513) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:38 am

Post by vonflare »

Just a thought - past scummies winners should get the award as their title, but only the current year would get the
banner

e.g. all past winners of kodak moment get 'Kodak Moment' as their title (unless they already have a unique title), but only mastina gets the banner AND the title
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5485 (isolation #514) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:47 am

Post by vonflare »

evenbetter
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5489 (isolation #515) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:54 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 5488, Psyche wrote:Here are some cons you should understand, though. This would be a bit of work (get list of past scummy winners, filter out those who already have titles, create unique titles for the remainder, handle repeats and multi-winners-within-a-single year, assign them to the people on this list, repeat every year for expired winners)
You should hire a personal assistant to the title fairy to do busywork
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5500 (isolation #516) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:00 am

Post by vonflare »

watch out guys, khan doesn't approve of the idea. you'd better not imply that you like it or he'll call you the
worst
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5504 (isolation #517) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:08 am

Post by vonflare »

I personally think the benefits outweigh the drawbacks

it's a cool way to recognize past winners and it shouldn't take
that
much work. Honestly, I'd be willing to compile the list of titles to be given if it's as alisae says and only 3 years are missing from the wiki's logs
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5506 (isolation #518) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:11 am

Post by vonflare »

2016 2017 and 2018 are missing right?

granted the 2018 results will not be hard to compile, so I guess it doesn't really count.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5508 (isolation #519) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:18 am

Post by vonflare »

oh I assumed the pages were - you know what nevermind you're right 2 years

anyway, I'm making the list right now because I feel like it
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5510 (isolation #520) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:24 am

Post by vonflare »

ur bad btw
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5513 (isolation #521) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:32 am

Post by vonflare »

maybe
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5515 (isolation #522) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:44 am

Post by vonflare »

So, most of the users so far already have titles, or aren't active anymore, however there are a few active users who would be affected if it happened, like GreenLiquid, llamafluff, dramonic, wraith, sir bastion, etc. The hardest part so far is checking each winner's profile to see if they already have a title
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5517 (isolation #523) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:53 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 5516, Davsto wrote:if you wanna celebrate a scummy win from x years ago just put it in your sig or something
that makes the person seem pretentious. I think it's much better if it's a title.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5522 (isolation #524) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:23 am

Post by vonflare »

ok, so, finished.

but first, an important note. Through my title checking, I discovered that 2 accounts, Malakittens and The Cool Cucumbers, still have their banners from when they won their scummies even though their year has ended.

Now, on to the title suggestions:

Spoiler: TITLE SUGGESTIONS
For example, players like Mathcam and Macros won't be included in the list even though they won a scummie because their titles are already unique

JohnWWells - Best Claim 2003
RubberDuck - Funniest Claim 2003
Leonidas - Flying Pumpkin 2003
Polotet - Dragon Phoenix 2003
Sketchwick - Paperback Writer 2003
Corsato - Funniest Claim 2004
Wacky - Flying Pumpkin 2004
vikingfan - Funniest Claim 2005
massive - Flying Pumpkin 2005
LoudmouthLee - Paragon 2005
Zippy - Oscar 2005
Fuldu - Hannibal Lecter 2006
GreenLiquid - Best Mini 2006
Turbovolver - Oscar 2016
Fiasco - Oscar 2006
Gaspar - Best Claim 2007
Crub - Oscar 2007
Maz Medias - Best Mini 2007
destructor - Paperback Writer 2008
LlamaFluff - Best Newbie 2008
Guardian - Rube Goldberg 2008
Claus - Best Claim 2008
Kinetic - Paragon 2008
Elmo - Cassandra 2008
EtherealCookie - Hannibal Lecter 2009
Ojanen - Best Newbie 2009
ac1983fan - Oscar 2009
dramonic - Rube Goldberg 2010
malthusis - Flying Pumpkin 2010
lewarcher82 - Hannibal Lecter 2010
AurorusVox - Rube Goldberg 2011
Magua - Best Mechanic 2011
Setael - White Knight 2011
CrashTextDummie - Best Claim 2011
Sir Bastion - Best Newbie 2011
Wraith - Paperback Writer 2011
AlmasterGM - Player's Choice 2011
Soul2277 - Kodak Moment 2012
The Fonz - Professor Mafia 2012
Guy_Named_Riggs - Hannibal Lecter 2012
Magua - Paperback Writer 2012
petapan - Don Corleone 2012
Regfan - Paragon 2012
Benmage - Untouchable 2012
Zachrulez - Untouchable 2012
izakthegoomba - Mashtermind 2012
Empire - Rising Star 2013
N - Flying Pumpkin 2013
uctriton00 - Paperback Writer 2013
zMuffinMan - Don Corleone 2013
Llamarble - Paragon 2013
EspeciallyTheLies - Oscar 2013
GuyInFreezer - Oscar 2013
TheIrishPope - Oscar 2013
Kagami - Rising Star 2014 (once their current banner is expired)
displaced - White Knight 2014
Bookitty - Miss Congeniality 2014
Skullduggery - Hannibal Lecter 2014
Katsuki - Don Corleone 2014 (once their current banner is expired)
DeasVail - Paragon 2014 (once their current banner is expired)
Marquis - Oscar 2014
T-Bone - Oscar 2014
Iecerint - Oscar 2014
Axxle - Oscar 2014
DeathNote - Oscar 2014
Grimmjow - Oscar 2014
Tammy - Oscar 2014
Voidedmafia - Kodak Moment 2015
wgeurts - Community Contributor 2015
Plotinus - Rising White Knight 2015
The Cool Cucumbers - Kodak Moment 2016 (still has their 2016 banner)
Cerberus v666 - Kodak Moment 2016
Elyse - Hannibal Lecter 2016
Dwlee99 - Rising Star 2016
SummerInWonderland - Mishmash Player 2016
Plottin Kittehs - Don Corleone 2016
Malakittens - Don Corleone 2016 (also still has their old banner)
Drench - Best Social Game 2016

For scummers that would recieve multiple titles in this, I only included the one that was awarded in the earliest year.

Some awards changed names through the years. I used the name of the award in the year it was given for the titles, EXCEPT for 'rookie of the year' which might be too long for a title with the date added so I changed in 2008 and 2009 to the more recent 'Best Newbie'

many notable players would receive titles, including drench, guyinfreezer, N, deathnote, t-bone, and many many others.

Most scummy winners already had titles, I went through at least twice the number of profiles that I have names in that list.

The only person to win multiple scummies in the same year that also does not have a title is plotinus. I tried to combine the scummies into "Rising White Knight" but shrug

I included scummers that have a banner currently and would receive one once their banner expires, with a note beside the title.

I did not include scummers who do not have a title and won their first scummie in 2017, since they would obviously have their banner downgraded to a title once the 2018 scummies are announced.
Last edited by vonflare on Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5524 (isolation #525) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:25 am

Post by vonflare »

should I crosspost this into some sort of scummies thread as well?

pedit: lol
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5527 (isolation #526) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:29 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 5525, Cerberus v666 wrote:Also, was the cool cucumbers the only hydra account on that list there? That's probably why it still has the banner, they took it off our mains. :)
nope, there was also Plottin Kittehs, which has it's banner properly removed. However, the banner was NOT removed from its heads! Specifically, malakittens (since the other head, plotinus, has a normal title).

The other hydra that won a scummie had the opposite problem as you.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5529 (isolation #527) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:33 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 5528, Cerberus v666 wrote: Your list should probably specify the hydra heads though
it does actually! for the hydras I could find the heads for, anyway (ploteh kittens). Cucumber didn't have its heads in its sig.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5531 (isolation #528) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:39 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 5528, Cerberus v666 wrote: Yes. This certainly deserves a topic elsewhere as well. I'm not sure where would be best though. *shrug* It's a high visibility sort of change. Technically, the decision would be entirely the purview of the Title Fairy, but input from those who *don't* check out this thread would surely be worthwhile.
)
I could crosspost it into the scummies judging subforum but no one would see it but us scummies judges so it's not a good place for discussion.

are there any other options? I feel like the title subforum would be the best place for this discussion though

pedit: well, it's convenient you read my post and could identify it for me though. I edited the heads into the original post
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5533 (isolation #529) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:43 am

Post by vonflare »

for people with multiple scummies I only included the earliest one they received, since I figure that "Kodak Moment 2012" is more prestigious than "Kodak Moment 2015" for example.

And on the length of the list, you're right that it's a pretty short list considering how long the scummies have been going on. Makes sense, though, that a lot of the people notable enough to receive a scummie is also popular enough to receive a title.
Last edited by vonflare on Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5535 (isolation #530) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:49 am

Post by vonflare »

I couldn't think of one either, so I just went for the first award. I'm open to suggestions on how to improve it, though. Psyche will probably want to weigh in too, so I'm waiting for that.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5539 (isolation #531) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:25 am

Post by vonflare »

I just feel like it's something that should've been done since the first scummies.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5541 (isolation #532) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:37 pm

Post by vonflare »

I don't benefit at all and I'm the one doing all the work!
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5551 (isolation #533) » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:11 am

Post by vonflare »

well you already have a title so you wouldn't be affected. This proposed change would only serve to give titles to people who are sadly title-less
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5565 (isolation #534) » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:01 am

Post by vonflare »

gud
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5587 (isolation #535) » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:05 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 5569, Psyche wrote:first of all, i think the mere existence of this conversation and many conversations like it itt proves that i'm totally comfortable making judgment calls people dislike
nice
In post 5579, Kublai Khan wrote: It's been a bad run where you've let spammers run wild, and now you're trying to make it permanent by automating it.
this is a thread that lets people give other people text under their name. Don't you think you're taking this a little bit too seriously?
In post 5584, Alisae wrote: The SUPP is probably the most important thing people care about on this site
the most important thing I care about is my post count in the popular threads
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5588 (isolation #536) » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:09 pm

Post by vonflare »

oh wow I'm only 2 posts behind psyche
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5592 (isolation #537) » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:43 pm

Post by vonflare »

psyche you're doing a fine job, you might even be second best fairy
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5595 (isolation #538) » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:10 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 5594, mastina wrote:Taking hard stances,
agree
In post 5594, mastina wrote:even ones which go against popularity.
disagree
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5606 (isolation #539) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:13 am

Post by vonflare »

Everything is a meme
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5608 (isolation #540) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:49 am

Post by vonflare »

incorrect
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5612 (isolation #541) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:15 am

Post by vonflare »

kk you're fabulous but in an unfabulous way
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5618 (isolation #542) » Wed May 02, 2018 7:52 am

Post by vonflare »

that title is meh, I am 100% sure there is a better one
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5620 (isolation #543) » Wed May 02, 2018 7:55 am

Post by vonflare »

"seriously killer" doesn't say chickadee to me at all. It gives the impression of like, serious and suave with that title while chick is more quirky and funny.

maybe something to do with her face always being her avatar combined with her drawing bones/dead stuff?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5629 (isolation #544) » Thu May 03, 2018 4:26 am

Post by vonflare »

question mark for what
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5630 (isolation #545) » Thu May 03, 2018 4:27 am

Post by vonflare »

or are you confused that there is no scummer named chickadoodle? I think he was nominating chickadee for chickadoodle
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5632 (isolation #546) » Thu May 03, 2018 4:57 am

Post by vonflare »

doodle = drawing

chick = chickadee
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5634 (isolation #547) » Thu May 03, 2018 5:12 am

Post by vonflare »

yeah it's not a great tile but I'm just exploining it
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5645 (isolation #548) » Thu May 03, 2018 11:37 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 5644, Errantparabola wrote:Funny Bone
no this is actually perfect

NOM CHICK FOR
Funny Bone
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5648 (isolation #549) » Thu May 03, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 5647, Pine wrote:Funny Bones plural would be better.
i nth this too
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5657 (isolation #550) » Thu May 03, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by vonflare »

so I thought 'skull' or something bc he has her face as her avvy and she likes drawing bones and then I thought 'face bone' or 'head bone' and then I remembered that song we all sung in grade school thats like

Toe bone connected to the foot bone
Foot bone connected to the heel bone
Shoulder bone connected to the neck bone
Neck bone connected to the head bone

so I thought 'connected to the bone'

and I thought wow that's a really stupid title I shouldn't submit that

but then I realized I might be more of a genius than I give myself credit for

because she's always in sitechat and talking to people so she's connected and 'to the bone' can mean, like, 'a lot'.

so it's a pun on her connectedness and also the drawing bones thing

thoughts? opinions? insults?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5664 (isolation #551) » Thu May 03, 2018 3:32 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 5662, Ginngie wrote:Elli doesn't even use the program that much...

Base it off of something more of his:

1. Troll nature
2. Always laughing
3. Mafia God
4. Literally his scummy acceptance speech where he explains he gets to know everyone and what is going on with them to read them.

Morpheus
or
Neo
would be better

That does fit his skill in programming, the reading of the code knowing everything that is going on with everything, and being a master at his element(Paragon) fits a lot better than Gameshark I think
The Chosen One
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5668 (isolation #552) » Thu May 03, 2018 3:45 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 5664, vonflare wrote:
The Chosen One
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5673 (isolation #553) » Thu May 03, 2018 3:53 pm

Post by vonflare »

no u
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5680 (isolation #554) » Thu May 03, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by vonflare »

Nth deus ex machina issa good title
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5723 (isolation #555) » Fri May 04, 2018 2:10 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 5714, Mathdino wrote:i don't understand people's tendencies on this forum to try to play mafia outside of mafia games lol
Read the wiki page on Stoofer's Laws

Also Deus ex Mafia is a good title I'll Nth that one as well as Deus ex Machina
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5730 (isolation #556) » Sun May 06, 2018 2:47 am

Post by vonflare »

nice
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5737 (isolation #557) » Sun May 06, 2018 1:13 pm

Post by vonflare »

you never capitalize The, even in a title/proper noun (unless it's the first word)

e.g.

The Titanic

Saga of the Titanic

The Saga of the Titanic

^these are all correct
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5757 (isolation #558) » Mon May 07, 2018 1:59 am

Post by vonflare »

I'd need 2 titles in exchange for mine, it has too much sentimental value
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5760 (isolation #559) » Mon May 07, 2018 2:09 am

Post by vonflare »

Psyche, I don't feel so good...
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5766 (isolation #560) » Mon May 07, 2018 5:10 am

Post by vonflare »

yeah i bet you would wouldnt you
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5768 (isolation #561) » Mon May 07, 2018 6:41 am

Post by vonflare »

thanks zito I appreciate it
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5849 (isolation #562) » Mon May 07, 2018 1:53 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 5775, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 5772, Ginngie wrote:
In post 5771, animorpherv1 wrote:If it made it through the process it should probably just be given.
KK where are you
I'm forever staying vigilante that shittier titles than mine shall never be approved.

(doot was close)

Still salty eh?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5859 (isolation #563) » Tue May 08, 2018 12:33 am

Post by vonflare »

guys you're being a little mean to psyche.

This is his thread and you using it to shittalk him is disrespectful and reflects poorly on your character.

It's ok to disagree w him but do it tactfully mkay?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5869 (isolation #564) » Tue May 08, 2018 4:19 pm

Post by vonflare »

nom papa zito for
did his dooty
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5883 (isolation #565) » Sun May 13, 2018 8:26 am

Post by vonflare »

Caled >

owo what's this
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5886 (isolation #566) » Sun May 13, 2018 11:05 am

Post by vonflare »

owo is a great title
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5888 (isolation #567) » Mon May 14, 2018 8:52 am

Post by vonflare »

OFFICALLY NOM CALED FOR

owo
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5890 (isolation #568) » Mon May 14, 2018 9:22 am

Post by vonflare »

I'll anti-nom your face
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5901 (isolation #569) » Mon May 14, 2018 1:24 pm

Post by vonflare »

hey if it works it works
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5929 (isolation #570) » Sun May 20, 2018 1:44 am

Post by vonflare »

I'm indifferent, which allows me to take the moral high ground and call this conflict stupid
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5933 (isolation #571) » Sun May 20, 2018 11:11 am

Post by vonflare »

Shwoop dunk willekers
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5944 (isolation #572) » Tue May 22, 2018 8:32 am

Post by vonflare »

did you spit it out or knock it over? because those are two completely different reactionary levels
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5953 (isolation #573) » Sun May 27, 2018 7:47 am

Post by vonflare »

That's a good title with solid reasoning and many facets

Nth
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5972 (isolation #574) » Sun May 27, 2018 12:41 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 5966, Psyche wrote:this is a funny joke i came up with

Nice

Also the title is good and would be a good 'last act' because it's good
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5973 (isolation #575) » Sun May 27, 2018 12:42 pm

Post by vonflare »

Hewwo = hello minus the Ls is probably my favourite aspect of this title
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5975 (isolation #576) » Sun May 27, 2018 12:49 pm

Post by vonflare »

I have no idea what you're talking about elbrin and to be quite frank I would be appreciative if you ceased with such vulgar and baseless accusations
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5979 (isolation #577) » Sun May 27, 2018 4:44 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 5977, SleepyKrew wrote:I have bad news
there's an L in caled
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5987 (isolation #578) » Sun May 27, 2018 6:27 pm

Post by vonflare »

noel isn't a good title
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #6016 (isolation #579) » Tue May 29, 2018 4:17 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 5997, Aristophanes wrote:A lot of people have a lot of alts!

Like, you would not believe the length of alts listed under some users!
:shifty:
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #6018 (isolation #580) » Tue May 29, 2018 5:12 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 6017, Aristophanes wrote:Ive become that guy who naysays titles okay PP!
well this is quite the turn of events
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #6026 (isolation #581) » Tue May 29, 2018 7:51 pm

Post by vonflare »

meme police and meme deputy
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #6040 (isolation #582) » Wed May 30, 2018 3:23 am

Post by vonflare »

You like alts? Name 3 of their albums
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #6060 (isolation #583) » Thu May 31, 2018 12:50 am

Post by vonflare »

U s e r n a m e

R e f e r e n c e

H a h a a
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #6062 (isolation #584) » Thu May 31, 2018 2:07 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 6061, Nexus wrote:the more the...
this is still a username reference but I kinda like it
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #6065 (isolation #585) » Thu May 31, 2018 8:52 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 6063, schadd_ wrote:
In post 332, Errantparabola wrote:
It's Pronounced "Xalxe" is Mafiascum's favorite title.
it's quality and humor outweighs it being a username title on the Subjective™ Quality™ Scale™
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #6066 (isolation #586) » Thu May 31, 2018 8:53 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 6064, Psyche wrote:it’s a very tempting pun but it’s also clearly flawed as a title
i don’t know how to feel

if only titles were above usernames
the obvious solution is to make the admins change her username to "the more the" and then make her title "mariar"
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #6070 (isolation #587) » Thu May 31, 2018 10:44 am

Post by vonflare »

i still like 'the more the' but we'll see if something better comes up
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #6072 (isolation #588) » Thu May 31, 2018 11:09 am

Post by vonflare »

is that necessarily bad though? This one works on many levels.

What makes a title good is 2 factors IMO:

1) immediate appeal/understanding
e.g. "it's pronounced xalxe" is immediately appealing because a new user would read it and be like "haha that's funny because you can't hear how to pronounce something by reading it"
"GD is my best man" is immediately appealing because it implies that a user had mafiascum attend their wedding. I will admit that I actually have no idea what the story is behind reck's title but the title itself is interesting because of the implication.

2) backstory/community value
e.g. cheet's "MS Painter" or ether's "Lyrical Rampage" are titles given for interactions within the community and require a deeper understanding and community involvement to really 'get'. But it feels good to 'get' the title (not 'get' as in receive, but 'get' as in understand).

If a title combines both of these criteria - appealing to a new user/someone who isn't aware of the backstory AS WELL AS amusing to users who know the backstory - then it is good.

That makes my title bad - it makes no sense out of context and could mean anything at all to a new user. But that's fine because if I had a good title I'd be forced to live to a higher standard.

Circling back to maria's title, I argue that it fits both of these criteria to a degree. A new user would immediately understand "the more the... oh! MariaR! The more the merrier!" And while that's certainly not worthy of a title by itself it ties into maria's usage of alts, creating a broader meaning for those that know her. So it has an immediately obvious joke that a new user could understand as well as an interesting connotation that is known by the community.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #6075 (isolation #589) » Thu May 31, 2018 11:48 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 6074, Kublai Khan wrote: Psst. He just described my title as good.

No I didn't
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #6085 (isolation #590) » Thu May 31, 2018 4:37 pm

Post by vonflare »

I still like "Snark Attack" better for skrew
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #6095 (isolation #591) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:12 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 6090, Spiffeh wrote:Unpopular Opinion: Did His Job is a garbage title

Snark Attack was MUCH BETTER

This opinion is definitely not unpopular
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #6097 (isolation #592) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:21 am

Post by vonflare »

No xalxe was voted best title.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #6114 (isolation #593) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by vonflare »

Hmmmm

I honestly like scatman but this title is good too.

I won't nth it but if varsoon didn't already have a title I definitely would
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #6118 (isolation #594) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:57 am

Post by vonflare »

Rando that'd be a really long title
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #6119 (isolation #595) » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:53 am

Post by vonflare »

Wow my joke was so bad it prevented people from posting for 2 whole days. I know I'm not as clever as I think I am but maybe I'm even less clever than that.

Anyway I'd like to know varsoon's opinion on the title. I feel as though if we get a bunch of nths for the change he'll feel at least somewhat pressured to accept it even if he likes scatman better. If we ask him before we start nthing it we can get an unbiased opinion.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #6126 (isolation #596) » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:32 am

Post by vonflare »

Nth
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #6131 (isolation #597) » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:02 am

Post by vonflare »

only one way to find out
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #6145 (isolation #598) » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:08 pm

Post by vonflare »

exclamation point
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #6170 (isolation #599) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:39 am

Post by vonflare »

Doot

Return to “Player Titles”