Dance of the Title Fairy: Accepting Applications

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4961 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:21 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 435, Shaziro wrote:
Nom Aristophanes: Mr. Brightside

He's very cheerful in my experience, and is always looking on the bright side of things. Add to that the musical reference since he seems to prefer titles with puns or references, I figure it's a slam dunk for him.
In post 449, mastina wrote:
In post 439, Psyche wrote:what does the reference to the killers song do?
wikipedia says that lyrically the song depicts the jealousy and paranoia of a man who suspects his significant other is cheating on him
despite the name "Mr. Brightside" it seems like the exact opposite of the kind of point you're trying to make
[...]I feel like that ability to write a spin on things is part of Aristophanes's charm; he can support something that would otherwise superficially be negative, and make it clear he is supporting it because he sees it as a positive thing.

That makes the song reference a perfect fit for his character--the song might officially have a negative connotation with it, but Aristophanes is the type of guy who can put a positive spin on it such that it is a
good
thing, matching the upbeat nature of the song's tune rather than the literal nature of the song's given meaning.

So I
nth
the Aristophanes title.
Re-nominate "Mr. Brightside" for Aristophanes.

I actually believe Mr Brightside is:
- A better (more recognisable) song reference (and a better song)
- A more communicative reference
- A more appropriate, funny and relevant description

Plus I agree with the people who proposed Mr Brightside in the first place. It speaks directly to the fact that, whenever confronted with the vitriol that is EVERYWHERE on this site, Ari either:
- Counters by pointing out bright sides of situations
- Counters by trying really really hard to find the inkling of a bright side
- or if the vitriol is especially harsh/dickish/uncalled for, counters with a passive aggressive yet completely polite takedown that basically conjures the image of Ari smiling through gritted teeth.

So yeah. I know Mr Blue Sky hasn't lived too long, but Mr Brightside was the right call.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4974 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:02 am

Post by Mathdino »

I'm like 90% sure Ari would be okay with this one
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4992 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:22 am

Post by Mathdino »

Renominate Creature for "Charismatic".

The discussion on this was mostly drowned out by "doot" iirc.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4995 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:44 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 4506, mastina wrote:
In post 4496, Alisae wrote:
nom Creature for "Charismatic"
For those who know Creature, this nomination is kinda self-explanatory as to why it's something which is fitting (in a sense anyway).

But since it is common courtesy to assume people aren't familiar, to explain, this is a title nom explicitly for the irony: Creature has just about the least amount of charisma of any player in existence, in spite of having >random reads and being easily-identified as town in any given game. If you think that having an ironic title is fitting, then I'd encourage support behind it because it is just so much the opposite of Creature that it bounces back to being appropriate for him.

To put it another way, you can think of it as the equivalent of nominating me for the title of "Succinct".
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5003 (isolation #4) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:51 am

Post by Mathdino »

as someone who's been revamping the gambits section on the wiki

that is not in fact the Cute Fuzzy Kitten Defense

CFKD is claiming something so ridiculous that you can't possibly be scum making it up

it's a complicated version of Refuge in Audacity
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5015 (isolation #5) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:54 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Yep. That's the one I'm looking for.

nth this with extreme prejudice

(and not just because I wrote that :lol:)

Most of our best titles are double meanings, tying 2 seemingly unrelated things about someone's character.

Rewarding Creature for his alignment always being obvious isn't alone very good (otherwise I'd have nommed him for "Innocent Child").

But Creature is known for being one of those players with significantly better than random reads who almost adamantly refuses not to explain his reads in full. I assume he works off of primarily good intuition and doesn't even necessarily HAVE tons of reasons for those reads.

His catchup style is completely transparent. He throws darts, says who's scum, makes it obvious he's town, and books it.

"Transparent" nails:
- His obvious alignment unmatched by any other player on MS
- His catchup style
- And pulls in the irony of "Charismatic" in that, to most people unfamiliar with Creature, he looks like the least transparent player out there.

nth this, Creature deserves this one.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5020 (isolation #6) » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:07 am

Post by Mathdino »

I don't want to take the discussion away from Creature by any means,
so please keep nthing Creature for "Transparent"
, but in going over the open setups in the wiki, it's actually insane that BBMolla doesn't have a title yet.

Nominate BBMolla for "An Open Book".

This encompasses 3 things:

1. The sheer amount of effort he's put into MS Open Setups:

- He designed Hope Plus One, We Need A Fifth, and Grand Idea Mafia, all extremely commonly used setups, in addition to tons more, including an Open Setup Design Contest winner. And those are just the ones on the wiki.

- He has 4 threads in the Open Setup Discussion and wrote one of my favourite articles on how not to mess up Open Setup design.

- See his ISO in the old Open Setup Reviews thread for the amount of work he's put into reviewing, breaking, and modifying other setups. He's also helped in my Open Setup Autopsies thread in the MD.

- He's been on record multiple times (I forgot the links) for wanting to design well-balanced and fun setups with 7 players or less, as there just aren't many good ones out there.

2. I think it's potentially a good tribute to BBMolla's progression in the Speakeasy, but I wasn't here for that so someone else can/should comment.

3. Going over his ISOs in a couple games, I feel like this is a good summation of his playstyle. Not having played with him, someone else is (again) probably better qualified to talk about this.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5033 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:06 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 5030, KittyMo wrote:
In post 5024, Errantparabola wrote:Potentially something that someone can think of that's better > Open Book > An Open Book
The best I can come up with is
The Producer
(reference to The Producers musical since I heavily associate him w/ musical theater)

I feel like it works as a reference bc I think he brings good humor to setup design (see: Dolphin Mafia, Grand Idea Mafia), plus in We Need a Fifth he actually makes a 4 player setup with 2 mafia work even though it sounds ridiculous on paper
This is fine. I don't think the joke is quite as clear or referential to his personality but whatever Psyche and possibly BBMolla prefer. I don't like letting "perfect" be the enemy of "good" with titles tbh.

"Book" is actually a term in musical theater anyway, so if anything the theater tie-in works even more in "Open Book"'s favour! :P
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5060 (isolation #8) » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:52 am

Post by Mathdino »

Uhhh so what's the status on Creature and BBMolla
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5104 (isolation #9) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:27 pm

Post by Mathdino »

aren't we all
in your head,
mr personality?

...doot
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5112 (isolation #10) » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:41 am

Post by Mathdino »

this took way longer than i expected
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5121 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:44 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 3791, Psyche wrote:by this time next month, title bot will be live or i’ll step down one or the other
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5138 (isolation #12) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:31 am

Post by Mathdino »

I already tried that, RC.
In post 4961, Mathdino wrote:
In post 435, Shaziro wrote:
Nom Aristophanes: Mr. Brightside

He's very cheerful in my experience, and is always looking on the bright side of things. Add to that the musical reference since he seems to prefer titles with puns or references, I figure it's a slam dunk for him.
In post 449, mastina wrote:
In post 439, Psyche wrote:what does the reference to the killers song do?
wikipedia says that lyrically the song depicts the jealousy and paranoia of a man who suspects his significant other is cheating on him
despite the name "Mr. Brightside" it seems like the exact opposite of the kind of point you're trying to make
[...]I feel like that ability to write a spin on things is part of Aristophanes's charm; he can support something that would otherwise superficially be negative, and make it clear he is supporting it because he sees it as a positive thing.

That makes the song reference a perfect fit for his character--the song might officially have a negative connotation with it, but Aristophanes is the type of guy who can put a positive spin on it such that it is a
good
thing, matching the upbeat nature of the song's tune rather than the literal nature of the song's given meaning.

So I
nth
the Aristophanes title.
Re-nominate "Mr. Brightside" for Aristophanes.

I actually believe Mr Brightside is:
- A better (more recognisable) song reference (and a better song)
- A more communicative reference
- A more appropriate, funny and relevant description

Plus I agree with the people who proposed Mr Brightside in the first place. It speaks directly to the fact that, whenever confronted with the vitriol that is EVERYWHERE on this site, Ari either:
- Counters by pointing out bright sides of situations
- Counters by trying really really hard to find the inkling of a bright side
- or if the vitriol is especially harsh/dickish/uncalled for, counters with a passive aggressive yet completely polite takedown that basically conjures the image of Ari smiling through gritted teeth.

So yeah. I know Mr Blue Sky hasn't lived too long, but Mr Brightside was the right call.
Got double anti-nommed.
In post 4962, PJ. wrote:Absolutely not. I was fervently against it last time and even more fervently against it this time considering all the stuff from the Relationships thread and I think it's kind of fucked to bring it back up in lieu of that.

Also, you're wrong about the reference being better (neither are references, really, it's just the title of the song), and definitely wrong about being a better song.
In post 4965, Alchemist21 wrote:I agree with Panzer. The Mr. Brightside nom seems kind of like a slap in the face to Ari, all things considered. And even if we take out the deeper context of the song lyrics, the two titles are so similar in name as to not be worth replacing one with the other.
I mean I did check to make sure he wouldn't be offended by me calling him Mr Brightside.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5141 (isolation #13) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:15 am

Post by Mathdino »

I got a good one.

A few of you might not like it but fuck it, this is a deserved title:

Nominate Mulch for "Sonic the Hedgehog" or just "Sonic"

1. Pulled from the Wikipedia description of Sonic's personality:
Wikipedia wrote:According to various official materials from Sega, Sonic is described as a character who is "like the wind": a drifter who lives as he wants, and makes life a series of events and adventures. Sonic hates oppression and staunchly defends freedom. Although he is mostly quick-witted and easygoing, he has a short temper and is often impatient with slower things. Sonic is a habitual daredevil hedgehog who is honest, loyal to friends, keeps his promises, and dislikes tears. In times of crisis, he focuses intensely on the challenge as if his personality had undergone an astonishing change.
This is honestly enough for my entire case. It doesn't take many games/interactions with Mulch to know that
every single one of these things apply

Seriously, every sentence. It would be redundant to even list them out.

2. Sonic moves fast. Mulch runs turbos. He's also one of the fastest posters onsite.

3. Mulch literally ran a 21p role madness mafia game on 36 hour deadlines flavoured entirely around hedgehogs, and apparently likes hedgehogs given that he hydra'd with Firebringer under FireHedgehog.

Mulch is a well-known member of the community for these traits and the majority of his posts can be read as if the actual character Sonic the Hedgehog is typing/saying them.

Give Mulch a title.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5144 (isolation #14) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:24 am

Post by Mathdino »

i honestly guffawed when i read the description for sonic there

seriously it's so appropriate

i deleted the part about sonic rejecting amy's marriage proposal but not everything can fit i guess
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5145 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:35 am

Post by Mathdino »

Would also be into "Gotta Go Fast" which plays up the hyperposting elements more than the personality elements, and super plays down the hedgehog elements

Interested in discussion on that as long as the disagreement doesn't ultimately stonewall him getting one of these :P
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5161 (isolation #16) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:05 pm

Post by Mathdino »

i am not sure how else to encapsulate how exactly like sonic his personality is
especially with stuff like "quick witted but short temper", "hates oppression and defends freedom", and "undergoes drastic personality change in times of crisis"
along with the obvious "lives how he wants"

that said
gotta go fast
is definitely better looking as a title so will throw support behind that one instead
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5164 (isolation #17) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by Mathdino »

i don't really want to award a title solely for a former gimmick about him that seems to annoy a few people in the community

he also doesn't do that anymore because RIP his MU membership, he got banned for being too outspoken/hating oppression

i think "gotta go fast" covers the idea of turbos :P
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5167 (isolation #18) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:46 pm

Post by Mathdino »

you guys realise he literally can't run turbos anymore righ
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5170 (isolation #19) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:58 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 5141, Mathdino wrote:I got a good one.

A few of you might not like it but fuck it, this is a deserved title:

Nominate Mulch for
"Sonic the Hedgehog" or just "Sonic"
"Gotta Go Fast"

1. Pulled from the Wikipedia description of Sonic's personality:
Wikipedia wrote:According to various official materials from Sega, Sonic is described as a character who is "like the wind": a drifter who lives as he wants, and makes life a series of events and adventures. Sonic hates oppression and staunchly defends freedom. Although he is mostly quick-witted and easygoing, he has a short temper and is often impatient with slower things. Sonic is a habitual daredevil hedgehog who is honest, loyal to friends, keeps his promises, and dislikes tears. In times of crisis, he focuses intensely on the challenge as if his personality had undergone an astonishing change.
This is honestly enough for my entire case. It doesn't take many games/interactions with Mulch to know that
every single one of these things apply

Seriously, every sentence. It would be redundant to even list them out.

2. Sonic goes fast. Mulch runs turbos. He's also one of the fastest posters onsite.

3. Mulch literally ran a 21p role madness mafia game on 36 hour deadlines flavoured entirely around hedgehogs, and apparently likes hedgehogs given that he hydra'd with Firebringer under FireHedgehog.

Mulch is a well-known member of the community for these traits and the majority of his posts can be read as if the actual character Sonic the Hedgehog is typing/saying them.

Give Mulch a title.
honestly the post doesn't really change
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5177 (isolation #20) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:40 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 5174, vonflare wrote:I absolutely hate all the relationship thread drama being carried over to this thread. just chill, guys. Ari is more than just that topic.
feels weird debating against a former title fairy but i agree with this

if you want a title that not only incorporates the relationship drama but also encapsulates his personality and the way he deals with vitriol onsite, you want "Mr. Brightside", something that was already suggested previously but was shot down (and swapped out with an overly safe option) specifically because of the connotations of that song

connotations that are now completely relevant, and that ari is in no way offended by

like the way i see it, Mr Brightside was ALWAYS the right title, and it just so happens that the reasons for anti-nomming Brightside no longer apply
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5179 (isolation #21) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:42 pm

Post by Mathdino »

i don't think people understand that i checked for Ari on Mr Brightside and in a non campaigny way, he said he liked it
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5184 (isolation #22) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:53 pm

Post by Mathdino »

i mean he's site active you can just PM him when you make the suggestion haha
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5189 (isolation #23) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by Mathdino »

...do you have any commentary on the Mulch conversation?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5200 (isolation #24) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:52 am

Post by Mathdino »

Anti-nom Pays the Rent/Now Accepting Dogs

Sorry. Hate to shoot stuff down :/. Keeping his current title is fine.

1. Titling Ari solely for Relationships thread memes that may not be relevant in a year or so is unfair. See what Davsto and Firebringer said. Reck's title is celebratory -- the proposed Ari title is a direct reference to something he seems to regret.

2. Ari is known to the other non-SE half of the community as the cheerful listmod who responds with smilies and politeness no matter how horrible things get. Mr Blue Sky describes a more well-known aspect of Ari. It's not ideal (IMO) but it's still better.

3. Ari is known to like song references. Mr Blue Sky always had 2 sides to it. Pays The Rent is just a current meme. Keep it in the Speakeasy.

I'm also fundamentally surprised some people who disliked Mr Brightside are now supportive of Pays The Rent?

Why Mr Brightside is a better reference than Pays The Rent:

4. Ari laughed at it when I asked. ENTHUSIASTIC CONSENT, GUYS.

5. It was already proposed a long time ago, and almost prophetically became relevant a year later.

6. Instead of referencing a specific event, Mr Brightside references a general sense of paranoia, which is something Ari has openly admitted to having. This isn't a condemnation or trashing him for something. It's a personality trait, just like "Mulch completely lacks patience", "LLD rages a lot", or "Cooldog is kind of a wanker in many ways".
Yes, it became relevant in Relationships, but as a manifestation of that character trait.

7. And on top of that, Mr Brightside better represents his personality than Pays The Rent (which doesn't describe Ari at all, there's no deeper meaning), and Mr Blue Sky (which is really just being happy in general). Ari CAN get upset, but in a way where he's actively trying to stop himself from getting upset, and it shows. That's Mr Brightside, not Mr Blue Sky.

It hits the triple whammy of Relationships thread, Ari's general demeanour around site, and a real-life personality trait of Ari.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5201 (isolation #25) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:55 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 5180, TheButtonmen wrote:not many people were around for omans claim or hooplas birthday bug yet because of their titles the stories has been told dozens of times to new groups of scummers and then told by those scummers to even newer scummers

titles are mss living history a part of our oral history that stretches back to before all of us (except ut) were even here
I thought about this, and I actually disagree. I think a lot of titles are about more than just memes. Or if they are, it's something that only became a meme because of that user's personality.

NK Immune Miller Vig was a reference to Oman overcomplicating his claims and strategies in general. When it manifested in that game, people were like "lol, that's so Oman" and THATS why it became a meme.

I support including the relationships thread in the list of things Ari's title covers, but I don't support titling him solely for that thread OVER his current personality-based title.

Mr Blue Sky is more "that's so Ari" while "Pays The Rent" is more "ugh :facepalm: Ari".
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5208 (isolation #26) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:02 am

Post by Mathdino »

Titles based around communism are much more appropriate for gigabyte or her Katyusha alt than Wraith vaguely defending Marxism in the political threads.

Can do better for Wraith than what's basically "Soapbox" methinks.

Edit:. Oh baby
I was unaware of the ministry of truth thread
Definitely anti nomming that one lol
Remember the last time we titled someone partially for their outspoken political views
Last edited by Mathdino on Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5211 (isolation #27) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:12 am

Post by Mathdino »

Yeah except Anix wasn't titled for the things that made him annoying years ago
Or for the gimmicks that he constantly pushes
UCalled represents his contribution to the community and the funny beetlejuicing he always does

See my edit above
Titling someone for political views is very questionable

Edit: that doesn't really sound like something title worthy
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5213 (isolation #28) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:18 am

Post by Mathdino »

I did have a suggestion
If we want to come up with clever communist titles, gigabyteTroubadour deserves it much more for actually incorporating it into her mafia personas
I have a bias for titling based on the actual mafia forums yeah
But I don't really think I'm in the wrong on that?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5215 (isolation #29) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:22 am

Post by Mathdino »

I don't have a clever communist title yet
Right now Im just hoping Mulch gets enough noms and discussion between those two options
Sometimes it feels like the non mafia forums have kind of become the old Boys club of mafiascum tbh
Im working on solid titles for well known current players more than speakeasy thread titles
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5218 (isolation #30) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:34 am

Post by Mathdino »

If you want a real suggestion for generating discussion (I didn't want to blow up the thread but you asked :P), I think the perfect became the enemy of the good last time this was suggested

Nominate Alisae for 'lolbalance"

No spoiler, no rainbow text, if people want those they can get added on later

I have an argument for this that I hope is more convincing than mastina's haha
So withhold thy flames for when I get to a computer
Last edited by Mathdino on Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5222 (isolation #31) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:11 am

Post by Mathdino »

the specific wording of "lolbalance" is itself the meme

would be like if spyrex was given "Powerful Wizard!" instead of "POWERFUL WIZARD"

argument incoming
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5227 (isolation #32) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:03 am

Post by Mathdino »

Why Alisae should get "lolbalance":

A lot of this discussion has already been had. I'm going to more preemptively address a lot of the issues people had with the title.

1. Alisae has joined the canon of famous MS moderators. There are only so many users who are very well known for their moderation. Tarhalindur, early AniX, Varsoon, mastina, FakeGod, RadiantCowbells, xRECKONERx, etc. This is about more than being a good moderator -- it's about their games and setups having personalities in themselves.
Spoiler: Examples
Everyone knows a Tarhalindur game is going to be an insane clusterfuck of mod lies/intervention and changing roles/alignments. Everyone knows a Reckoner game is going to be an irreverent curse-laden take on something, with fucked up roles/mechanics to match. Everyone knows a FakeGod game is going to be crisp, light professionally written, and beautiful looking in a very Victorian way, often honing in on a particular mechanic..

Everyone knows an Alisae game is going to be lolbalanced. There's a certain feel to Alisae design. It's not irreverent in the flavour, or the concept, but in the complete and total abuse of otherwise valid mafia theme mechanics in the roles. Some examples:
  • From Team Mafia:
    • Mechanic Seer Loud Fruit Vending Rolecop Suiciding Beloved Princess Arsonist
    •  Hideous Compulsive Neighbourizing Modified Doctor
    • Compulsive 1-shot Neighbourizing Cupid Modified Captain
  • Some other stuff:
    • Disloyal 1-shot-Modified Compulsive-Loyal-Weak-Vigilante Inventor (I had to upload this PM to the wiki)
    • Day/Night 1 Compulsive Strongman Suicide Bomber Day 2 Self-Reviving Day Dreaming God/Delayed Entry Backup Vig 1-shot Self-Cloner
    • Self-Upgrading Ninja Serial Killing Refexive Neighbourizing Doctor Conditional Alt Wincon/1-shot Astronaut Conditional Roleblocking Poisoner
    • Hydra Cycle Doc Poison Doctor Conditional Suiciding Perma Hydra Roleblocker Vanillalizer/Modified Hiding Inventor
This is the kind of shit that would make any sane person say "What the absolute fuck are you thinking?" to which Alisae would respond with
"¯\_(ツ)_/¯
lolbalance."

And then you look at the role PMs some more and realise that these roles actually DO make sense, and in some twisted fucking way, they DO work with each other, and there IS a sense of continuity in the games they run. It's like Alisae is balancing mafia games from a completely different planet in a different galaxy. But on that planet, Alisae is the single most professional mod there is.

2. Along those lines, Alisae is one of the very few people onsite known for their outspoken opinions on balance. Mulch and mhsmith are probably the primary others, with shout-outs to the Open Review crowd and also mastina.

Again, Alisae isn't known for balancing standard MS games, or even standard MS bastard games (like wgeurts for example), but they ARE known for coming up with a twisted sense of balance for the twisted universe that their games take place in.

Alisae games chuck our sense of balance out the window in favour of things like "Day/Night 1 Compulsive Strongman Suicide Bomber Day 2 Self-Reviving Day Dreaming God/Delayed Entry Backup Vig 1-shot Self-Cloner".

They have STRONG opinions on balance that aren't even really in line with or against MS views on balance, but are more orthogonal in a way. Disliking things producing guilties, a passionate hatred for multiball and badly done third parties, etc.

3. It's worded "lolbalance" because that's how Alisae talks.
It's kinda this
How to describe it
Basically
There's no polish.
Or even sense.
But there is WHIMSY!
It's short and sweet and scattered.
Kinda like their game concepts!
Do you get it now?
Good.
ty for reading.

4. Lastly, I agree that it says something about Alisae's personality. Oscar Wilde said "everything in moderation, including moderation".

Alisae burns that phrase to the ground in every post they make.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5228 (isolation #33) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:05 am

Post by Mathdino »

tl;dr

1. Alisae is a canonically famous mod and "lolbalance" describes their games better than anyone else's.
Alisae is NOT a bad mod or a bad designer, their games just aren't anything like standard MS theme games or MS bastard/role madness games.

2. Alisae has outspoken personal views on balance that largely run orthogonal to typical MS views. Alisae is known for this.

3. "lolbalance" being worded that way is part of the meme.

4. It sums up Alisae's persona onsite.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5238 (isolation #34) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:07 pm

Post by Mathdino »

@Anix: I think that's fair, and I think I accidentally drew a false comparison that I don't really agree with. Like, "lolbalance" is an Alisae gimmick, and "doot" is a vonflare gimmick, both deserved titles, and I think the titles you got were fairly deserved.

The point I was making was just that NK-Immune Miller Vig as a title wasn't JUST a single story people told; that story summed up Oman as a player/user in general. Same with "lolbalance" and "doot", which I think both represent Alisae and vonflare's personalities beyond the gimmick.

And all that was to say that I don't think we should be titling Ari for "that one story in the Speakeasy" when "Pays the Rent" was a gimmick pushed on him by other people, and doesn't really have anything to do with his personality or anything Ari actually does.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5241 (isolation #35) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:53 pm

Post by Mathdino »

The hedgehog aspect of mulch is more important to capture than general idea of speed I think

And lol alisae has definitely made a name for themselves
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5247 (isolation #36) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 5244, PJ. wrote:anti nom lolbalance, still a bad meme, still being forced through. nothing has changed.
Have you ever played an alisae game?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5249 (isolation #37) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:35 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 5245, SleepyKrew wrote:lolbalance is weird to me because I know it's not intended as an insult, but it's exactly how I'd complain about an Alisae setup that I didn't like.
I think people would've said the exact same thing about tarhalindur back then tbh. Not exactly the most popular mod lol.

Notoriety vs Popularity I guess
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5252 (isolation #38) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:33 pm

Post by Mathdino »

And I'm pretty sure that people that played Alisae games liked them and their games.

I don't see what your problem is re: aggression there. I read site archives for fun sometimes. There were people who hated modding practices like that.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5260 (isolation #39) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:49 am

Post by Mathdino »

wait i didn't notice this

did panzer just try to pull sleepykrew's rank on me as a reason that i should shut up
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5270 (isolation #40) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:40 pm

Post by Mathdino »

@Panzer: Okay, so you're definitely gonna be hostile AND personal about this, yeah?

You said these things in December during a discussion I wasn't present for, in a time when I didn't know who Alisae was:
In post 3911, PJ. wrote:No, the title sucks. He legit dumped a title like less than a week ago. Let it sit. Also, this joke will probably be dead by the time this limbo is up, so the whole argument will be moot.
In post 3992, PJ. wrote:okay, in a year if lolbalance is still a joke, we'll consider it.
The limbo is up. The joke hasn't died -- as Alisae has modded and reviewed more games, the joke has become more prevalent (outside of this thread ofc) and more appropriate. Alisae has become a more well-known mod after modding Team Mafia with a legitimately good and legitimately balanced setup.

I assume you want Alisae to continuously mod large theme games for 8 more months before you stop shitting on people for this?

I wasn't trying to force through shit, dude. I was asked to contribute to a discussion about what mafia-related titles I actually feel ARE appropriate, so I brought it up again because I've personally seen the joke around site, and I personally think it describes Alisae. Other people seem to agree, including people who aren't their friends.

Re: The Ari title: Fucking whatever, agree with me or not on Mr Brightside. I found the post from back then, realised it was MORE appropriate now than it was back then, and opened the discussion up on that again because things have changed. The reason it sucked is literally fucking nullified because it's turned into a reason that made it good.

I checked with Ari for enthusiastic consent on that.

And you go and nth a title literally referencing a story that never happened wherein Ari accepts a dog for sex? How is that NOT insulting to Ari?

Jesus christ dude this is an open thread, and I've been doing write-ups on all the titles I think are deserved, while you're sitting here and telling people to shut up or fuck off.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5275 (isolation #41) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:09 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 5273, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 5270, Mathdino wrote:@Panzer: Okay, so you're definitely gonna be hostile AND personal about this, yeah?
Mathdino meet Panzer, Panzer meet Mathdino
I mean, Panzer has seemingly gone out of his way to shit on my opinions on things (almost always celebratory) in 3 different GD threads, and I'm fairly sure this has nothing to do with me outside of me providing more opinions to shit on.

I'm legit baffled that anyone cares enough about things outside of the mafia forums to get angry/toxic about almost every topic they participate in. On every other social medium, entering threads just to shit on people is ostracised/disliked/downvoted/shit-on or what have you.

And he continuously anti-nommed RC on account of RC being a toxic asshole (and apparently personally attacking people is fine in the title fairy thread but not okay in mafia games, whaddaya know) when BOTH of Panzer's titles are much more direct references to his personality?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5276 (isolation #42) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:10 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 5274, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 5271, Ginngie wrote:Tbh, I like the amount of work that goes into MathDino's suggestions
Eh, I'm put off by it. He seems more interested in the battle than the result.
aaaaand that's presumptuous as fuck. I was really happy when Creature and BBMolla got their titles, I just didn't wanna come in here and be like HELL YEAH I DID IT GUYS.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5279 (isolation #43) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:18 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 5278, Kublai Khan wrote:Here's a contest:

There are 2 doors. Door A and Door B.

Behind one of the doors is an unknown nobody who disagrees with you on something meaningless. If you confront them, you can change their mind with a logical argument.
Behind the other door is guaranteed agonizing death.
You are under no obligation to choose either door.

Which door do you choose?
...the one that isn't guaranteed agonising death?

What are you trying to say here?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5283 (isolation #44) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:23 pm

Post by Mathdino »

I mean something something misleading question but like

I'm on this site because I enjoy the social setting of arguing with people I like about a topic that I like (other people). I browse the GD because I also like talking about things I like in a friendly atmosphere (pop music, relationships, memes, other people). I really don't think I'm alone in that.

If you're trying to get me to admit that I like arguing/talking about things then I would wonder why anyone would ever play mafia if they hated arguing.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5284 (isolation #45) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 5282, Alisae wrote:Basicly its a trick question.
The point he's trying to establish is you would rather argue with someone then die.

However its actually kind of meaningless because the answer means nothing without a thought process when it comes to this question
so another example of not actually addressing anything at hand and making this personal about me or my character defects
got it
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5287 (isolation #46) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:29 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Sure.

I've been mulling over how to title Ginngie for sheeping, because I think Ginngie's been, across the games I've played, the largest proponent of sheeping as a philosophy (like more than just a playstyle). Ginngie's gimmicks are basically:
- Sheeping as a philosophy
- Hammering everything (hammers are basically sheeping)
- Being consistently underestimated

So I was thinking of nominating
Ginngie for "Black Sheep"
but I looked that up and it turns out that was kind of insulting? I rarely hear the phrase IRL.

So I've been thinking for the last couple days of how to make it not weird/bad.

Any thoughts?

Edit: The idea was it's like, oh Ginngie the player people expected little of (due to her posting style and mostly staying in the background), sheeping to victory.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5290 (isolation #47) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:41 pm

Post by Mathdino »

I get paranoid every time someone anti-noms something that Psyche is gonna put it on the table for another 3 months while he continues working on his title bot tbh. It's more about convincing Psyche (and other users who don't have the context of playing mafia).

I guess I'm also trying to say that it seems to be more okay to go around shitting on people outside of the mafia forums than inside them. And I'm really not cool with discussions being turned into cesspools at the drop of a hat. Or, yknow, being personally attacked for random opinions.

But yeah. Dropping that. Psyche's thread, Psyche's rules.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5293 (isolation #48) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:16 pm

Post by Mathdino »

i mean i know it's a bad title as is (i was not actually nominating it)

i just think there's something out there along those 3 lines
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5317 (isolation #49) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:38 am

Post by Mathdino »

@Psyche: My concern is still in that this forum is dominated by people who no longer play mafia, and don't know about the current generation's gimmicks, memes, playstyles, contributions, personalities.

Titles however long ago were basically given for "those moments" in mafia games that everyone knew about because everyone played mafia. Because people don't, I think there's unfair weight against the current gen and in favour of Speakeasy related things. Things like
- RC's title HAVING to be pushed through (because people don't like him) when it's just as good if not better than Pine's "In Your Head" for being good at scum
- Discussion on Mulch's title fizzing out and immediately pivoting to Ari relationship thread memes followed by yet more ego fights

I'm here because I want more titles under the names of people that I play with. I smile when I'm playing and notice RC's title or Creature's title ingame. I really don't see many tho.

And yeah, I think lack of adherence to rules which should if anything be MORE strict than mafia games is a major element as to why the current gen avoids the non-mafia forums and this thread. This isn't a welcome atmosphere.
In post 0, Psyche wrote:2. Shitposts suck. This isn't GD. Your posts in this thread should usually be on-topic - contributing to the process of finding and securing good titles for users on this site. Occasional, especially tasteful off-topic posts are fine. But if a pattern of shitposting becomes evident and annoying, you'll be warned, and after repeated offenses or some egregious offense, you'll be banned from the subforum, etc.
3. Be civil. Even if you feel you have to say something contentious, you'll just have to be even *more* courteous about it.
Re: Ginngie: Yeah the Ginngie titles aren't hitting it yet, I knew mine was bad :P. Hmu if you can come up with something sheep/hammer related that's complimentary.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5321 (isolation #50) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:53 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 5318, PJ. wrote:And hey, I'm glad you want to give all your friends titles as gifts but that's not what the thread is for. It's not the "mathDino and friend's title thread".
I'm not friends with the majority of the people whose titles I support.

I read through old threads and see some where like half the game is titled.

I just want to see current mafia players recognised.

Put a lid on the constant negativity/assuming.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5330 (isolation #51) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:42 am

Post by Mathdino »

I'm not sure I get the joke, Elbirn/Gamma.

Someone explain pls?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5334 (isolation #52) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:52 am

Post by Mathdino »

okay i lol'd at that video

agree with alisae, the video (a company making up technical terms to sound incredibly hip and rad) reminds me more of a few other users

i kinda want mulch to put that video in his sig though hahaha
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5337 (isolation #53) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:56 am

Post by Mathdino »

don't think so, but i would definitely ascribe those traits to sonic, haha
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5340 (isolation #54) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:05 am

Post by Mathdino »

I've heavily considered it but I wasn't around for way too many titles
Tbh I think the title fairy should be updating it
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5370 (isolation #55) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:22 am

Post by Mathdino »

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5373 (isolation #56) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:24 am

Post by Mathdino »

Perfect, psyche :D
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5390 (isolation #57) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Personally I'd wait a bit to see if it's still funny in a couple months
I think it's super funny now
Would nth but it's a bit soon
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5421 (isolation #58) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:59 am

Post by Mathdino »

just as i was in favour of lolbalance but against the spoiler/rainbow text

i will
nth paragone
but
anti-nom the banner

there's a point where the joke goes a bit too far

spiff would basically be the only user with a permanent banner if we did that

not into it
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5424 (isolation #59) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:07 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 5422, Psyche wrote:so let me talk as not title fairy
what if the banner/paragone were just a temporary gag and not, like, a full title thing
that would be up to the title fairy

keeping in mind that doing this would open the floodgates for constant nomming of other temporary titles for temporary gags/memes/gimmicks

like it's not an invalid way to title fairy, it would be up to the fairy themselves

but that massive influx of new (mostly bad) noms would be extremely difficult to parse without, say, a bot that could do all that work for them

you should ask the title fairy what he thinks of that
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5538 (isolation #60) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:23 am

Post by Mathdino »

Anti-nom any titles involving scummies more than I'd say 2 or 3 years old.

It just doesn't make sense. Something like "Rising Star" is really only applicable to the year in which it was given. A lot of the Kodak Moments aren't really interesting anymore. And Don Corleone probably shouldn't follow your account around for a decade.

I'd definitely accept putting titles for just last year (without the banner), but more than that feels like overload.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5589 (isolation #61) » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by Mathdino »

in this case i personally value skilled benevolent dictatorship over democracy
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5601 (isolation #62) » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:55 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 5600, Ginngie wrote:What if we try it for a month and see what happens

Make a poll and see what happens
i will only agree to this if the title bot is the one conducting the poll
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5621 (isolation #63) » Wed May 02, 2018 8:38 am

Post by Mathdino »

i agree with vonflare

also lowkey don't think it makes any sense to title someone after potentially temporary boyfriends
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5667 (isolation #64) » Thu May 03, 2018 3:44 pm

Post by Mathdino »

beeboy's suggestion hits basically the same notes as Cabd's title (Every Breath You Take) which is basically another "I have a shitton of meta on people" type thing.

I don't think I've seen a good Ellibereth title yet.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5687 (isolation #65) » Thu May 03, 2018 4:48 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Deus Ex Machina is the one we're looking for.

I feel like a lot of the other titles are "people thinking Elli deserves a title so nomming whatever".

But yeah Elli solving the entire game on every D1 is 100% a narrative deus ex machina.

nth Deus Ex Machina
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5688 (isolation #66) » Thu May 03, 2018 4:51 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Wikipedia wrote:Deus ex machina (Latin: [ˈdeʊs ɛks ˈmaː.kʰɪ.naː]: /ˈdeɪ.əs ɛks ˈmɑːkiːnə/ or /ˈdiːəs ɛks ˈmækɪnə/;[1] plural: dei ex machina) is a plot device whereby a seemingly unsolvable problem in a story is suddenly and abruptly resolved by an unexpected and seemingly unlikely occurrence, typically to the point of being perceived as a contrived plot point.[2][3] Its function can be to resolve an otherwise irresolvable plot situation, to surprise the audience, to bring the tale to a happy ending, or act as a comedic device.
Anyone who's played with town Ellibereth knows that the pop culture usage of this term is absolutely appropriate :lol:
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5691 (isolation #67) » Thu May 03, 2018 4:58 pm

Post by Mathdino »

firebringer, "god from the machine" is the english translation of deus ex machina

here's the wikipedia article if you wanna read more, it's pretty interesting
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5696 (isolation #68) » Thu May 03, 2018 5:38 pm

Post by Mathdino »

i don't think literally titling someone "a god" really sits right with me

deus ex machina feels more like an inside joke in itself, which i really like
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5698 (isolation #69) » Thu May 03, 2018 5:49 pm

Post by Mathdino »

yeah both of psyche's last couple posts completely sum up why this title is great

i don't think it even needs a pun here, kinda think a pun would distract from the real inside joke which is that elli "RUINS" games :P
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5700 (isolation #70) » Thu May 03, 2018 5:51 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 5699, Aristophanes wrote:I kinda wish we had a VC bot going. I have no clue what titles are in talks atm!
thank you i cracked up at this post
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5704 (isolation #71) » Thu May 03, 2018 6:01 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Deus Ex Mafia is the best pun available but that completely removes arguably the most important aspect

yeah i don't think a good relevant pun exists on Deus
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5706 (isolation #72) » Thu May 03, 2018 6:05 pm

Post by Mathdino »

tbh Deus Ex Mafia would be much more suited to a player who consistently pockets the whole town as scum up to the endgame where people STILL can't believe they're scum

rip the chance to title RC and Pine
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5712 (isolation #73) » Thu May 03, 2018 6:47 pm

Post by Mathdino »

...no i'm aware of that ginngie

i'm saying deus ex mafia would also be a title that's literally just "i'm good at being scum and surprising everyone at the end of the game"
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5714 (isolation #74) » Thu May 03, 2018 7:00 pm

Post by Mathdino »

i don't understand people's tendencies on this forum to try to play mafia outside of mafia games lol

RC and pine already have titles they're associated with so i can't suggest this title for them
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5719 (isolation #75) » Thu May 03, 2018 7:13 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 5715, Ginngie wrote:
In post 5706, Mathdino wrote:rip the chance to title RC and Pine
well when you say something like this lol
what even is confusing here

the chances to title RC and Pine are dead because they were titled a while ago and i missed both of them
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5735 (isolation #76) » Sun May 06, 2018 1:04 pm

Post by Mathdino »

i think it looks better uppercase

God from the Machine
vs
God From The Machine

all uppercase feels more badass
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5739 (isolation #77) » Sun May 06, 2018 1:18 pm

Post by Mathdino »

okay well luckily deus ex machina doesn't have "the" in it so this is irrelevant

Deus Ex Machina
vs
Deus ex Machina

i've seen both used as titles, both are valid
all upper looks more badass so i vote that
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5741 (isolation #78) » Sun May 06, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by Mathdino »

oh my god then no titles ever should be capitalised due to the rules of english

it's a title, that means you capitalise things

or should your title read "Khan man" because khan is the only proper noun/adjective
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5745 (isolation #79) » Sun May 06, 2018 1:55 pm

Post by Mathdino »

do you literally think that no titles should have all uppercase letters

it's like you're titling a movie

of course machina is capitalised
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5810 (isolation #80) » Mon May 07, 2018 10:37 am

Post by Mathdino »

ITT: psyche can't public relations
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5831 (isolation #81) » Mon May 07, 2018 11:33 am

Post by Mathdino »

accept when he does is much more of a meme than this debacle is
titling haschel as a reference to psyche messing up makes the title more about psyche than haschel

regardless i gotta be unhelpful here and
anti-nom "Mr. Know It All"

i echo firebringer's sentiment that the title makes me think of someone who acts like they know everything in mafia games
like if i was playing with haschel and was like lol why were you titled mr know it all and he answered "because i'm good at trivia" i'd be like "wtf?"

that said i do not have a better title, but i will let you know if i come up with one

we're basically looking for an interesting synonym to "Trivia King"
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5912 (isolation #82) » Wed May 16, 2018 4:10 pm

Post by Mathdino »

it necro'd threads from august haha

really what this proves is that the listmods should be archiving threads >.>
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5915 (isolation #83) » Wed May 16, 2018 4:12 pm

Post by Mathdino »

an archiving team still exists?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6004 (isolation #84) » Tue May 29, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by Mathdino »

the two important parts here are

- a lot of alts

- being good at scum
--- by using AtE (optional)

and (i think?) switching to different alts to escape this good scum meta

i don't have a suggestion here but i will nth any reasonably nice sounding nomination that includes both components

as it is,
anti-nom also known as

for aforementioned genericness
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6008 (isolation #85) » Tue May 29, 2018 3:48 pm

Post by Mathdino »

@firebringer: you're on the right track

i would be cool with that but maybe there's something spicier

you prompted me to check TVTropes's disguise tropes

- Devil in Disguise
- Master of Disguise
- Hidden Evil

i'm pretty partial to Devil in Disguise
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6011 (isolation #86) » Tue May 29, 2018 3:57 pm

Post by Mathdino »

sure! double meaning etc etc

Nominate MariaR for Master of Disguise
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6046 (isolation #87) » Wed May 30, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by Mathdino »

the more the mariaR is hilarious and i wish it was the title of her upcoming alt game

i don't think username puns are accepted though

i also approve of i have many names when it comes down to it
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6146 (isolation #88) » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:52 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Not gonna lie

This sounds a lot like the CHESSKID meme
(although postie is obviously a much more pleasant person)

Is there anything else we can bring in to set postie apart
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6151 (isolation #89) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:01 am

Post by Mathdino »

I also lol'd
I agree with mastina
Mathdino