Micro 798 - Splatoon Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Votecount 1.2(1) Ausuka: Human Sequencer ()
(2) Human Sequencer: Voyc (), Lycanfire ()
(1) brassherald: Myloninja13 ()
(3) Myloninja13: skitter30 (), Ausuka (), brassherald ()
(1) Vartsun: doomfeathers ()

(2) Not Voting: Vartsun ()

deadline is in (expired on 2018-04-21 02:55:00)

If your vote is in the wrong place please let me know
Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:09 pm

Post by Vartsun »

I've just pan-fried Totinos pizza rolls and I think this is a new low.

-V
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:36 pm

Post by brassherald »

I'm response to the portion of directed towards me, I agree it's not a strong case right now, but I'm only really confident on my read of doom (town). Admittedly, over the weekends I only skim the thread, so I'm going to reread and recalibrate latter today.

Might end up with new reads when I do that.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:11 am

Post by brassherald »

Mylo is literally doing nothing, and might be replaced, so UNVOTE: because I would like to form reads more based upon full actions than one bad post and lots of nothing.

After a reread, I am of two minds on the 1v1 of Ausuka and Vartsun.

Ausuka seems kind of directionless. Her votes lack any real conviction from what I can tell. Also, although I am loathe to admit I was looking for it because I have a well documented hatred for read lists, I'm really surprised she has not done her standard read list. As much as I think this is better, it's strange to not see her post one by this point in the game.

At the same time, the person pushing her most, Vartsun, is not coming out looking good either, though. I usually just say "tunnelling" and "Town-trait" and walk away, but there has been shade being thrown all around from this slot as well. Including in when there was shade thrown to literally every player because no one was liking all these walls. Let's get this out of the way, many people don't like reading walls, if you are going to post information in walls, do not be surprised when no one cares.

My two minds issue is that I can see either as scum, but not both. I'm more comfortable voting towards the shade flinging than the lack of conviction for the time being, though.
VOTE: Vartsun

Finally, Voyc is just lazy posting. I don't like that, but I would prefer a resolution to the 1v1 over a vote for someone who usually effort-posts and is not.

The rest of you, well, you are not in my lynch pool right now, consider yourself town by POE for the moment, since I have a tendency to scum read too many people and I just don't feel like posting why each of you other than Doom could be scum in my eyes. If I had to pick a second town block, it would be HS followed by skitter.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:35 am

Post by brassherald »

Oh, I forgot to say while being a wall post and having portions I disagree with is okay enough in itself to keep lycan out of my four person lynch pool for the time being.

I'd disagree with doom's which seems to imply that Lycan is still a bit lower than Voyc in terms of towny level (You know, our 1 to Innocent Child scale that I'm totally not making up as a joke because I am using a dumb term.) Right now, if there were more posts like 137 and the lazy posting of Voyc continues, I'd be advocating for a Voyc lynch over a lycan lynch. In short,
@doom
, we may need to talk to each other a bit about the two of those slots later on.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:59 am

Post by doomfeathers »

In post 154, brassherald wrote:I'd disagree with doom's which seems to imply that Lycan is still a bit lower than Voyc in terms of towny level (You know, our 1 to Innocent Child scale that I'm totally not making up as a joke because I am using a dumb term.) Right now, if there were more posts like 137 and the lazy posting of Voyc continues, I'd be advocating for a Voyc lynch over a lycan lynch. In short,
@doom
, we may need to talk to each other a bit about the two of those slots later on.
Nah, "same" means "same". I was just saying that both are rather shady but not top lynch targets at the moment. Actually, I'd probably agree with you that Voyc is scummier than Lycanfire.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:01 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 155, doomfeathers wrote:
In post 154, brassherald wrote:I'd disagree with doom's which seems to imply that Lycan is still a bit lower than Voyc in terms of towny level (You know, our 1 to Innocent Child scale that I'm totally not making up as a joke because I am using a dumb term.) Right now, if there were more posts like 137 and the lazy posting of Voyc continues, I'd be advocating for a Voyc lynch over a lycan lynch. In short,
@doom
Nah, "same" means "same". I was just saying that both are rather shady but not top lynch targets at the moment. Actually, I'd probably agree with you that Voyc is scummier than Lycanfire.
Okay, discussion held. I deem this a successful discussion.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:30 am

Post by Ausuka »

I actually really like lycanfire's posting. I think the scumteam might be HS and the mylo slot.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:45 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 157, Ausuka wrote:I actually really like lycanfire's posting. I think the scumteam might be HS and the mylo slot.
Could you expand on both of those? Or if you have, provide a link to the post with reasoning?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:48 am

Post by Ausuka »

I don't really know how to elaborate that much. Lycan felt genuine and I kinda see what he said about HS. I ISO'd HS (mylo has no posts) and I could easily see his interactions with mylo as a scum duo.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:04 am

Post by Vartsun »

VOTE: brassherald

Are you really voting for me because I'm frustrated that players wouldn't read my posts?
And my criticism isn't "Waah people won't read my walls," it's much more that I felt there was a consistent HS attitude that my posts weren't worth reading, which perpetuates a really anti-town agenda of not reading/not engaging.

So, try again?

-V
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:06 am

Post by brassherald »

So, an OMGUS vote is going to change my mind, Varsoon?

I mean, your slot has been consistently minimizing reasoning for everyone's votes if they were not for Ausuka. I posted that one in particular because it was a particularly bad post calling everyone else anti-town.
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:10 am

Post by Vartsun »

...I fail to see how post 79 is directed at 'everyone' and not just Human Sequencer, y'know, the person I specifically was directing that post towards.

It's not an OMGUS vote, stop calling any time someone crossvotes you an OMGUS. That's incredibly dismissive of the criticism that I'm levying here.
Can you show me where you see my slot 'minimizing reasoning' for everyone's votes 'if they were not for Ausuka'?
That, in itself, strikes me as an incredibly false narrative--because I've also been fairly critical of Human Sequencer's vote on Ausuka as well, questioning it multiple times.

-V
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:10 am

Post by Vartsun »

Like, if you're going to literally make up things, can you please quote some posts out of context to confuse people who aren't reading the game?

-V
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:31 am

Post by Vartsun »

Actually, more on the 'minimizing reasoning on non-Ausuka votes' fiction; I literally had a conversation with Ausuka (around post 126) about whether or not Mylo's vote on you (brass) was legitimate, with me arguing for its legitimacy.
I just don't understand at all where you're swinging from here, Brass.

-V
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I'm finding voyc's to be kinda meh - they're kinda fence-sitty on me and then ask a bunch of questions I mostly asked already. Like it doesn't really feel like it's contributing anything. Her content feels kinda empty, if that makes sense?

--
In post 143, doomfeathers wrote:It's going to be hilarious if Ausuka and Vartsun turn out to be distancing scum.
I'm leaning towards tvt, offchance of svt, but it doesn't feel like svs to me at all.

--
In post 153, brassherald wrote:it's strange to not see her post one by this point in the game.
Why do you think she would have made one by this point?

--

- feel weird to me. Idk how to explain why exactly.

Like Brass is reading too much into Doom's reads of lycan and voyc but wants to set up a *future* convo to discuss the two slots later.
In post 154, brassherald wrote:In short, @doom, we may need to talk to each other a bit about the two of those slots later on.
It's specifically this that's pinging me. Idk why he like's like telegrpahing a future convo.

@brass - can you explain the townread on doom?

--
In post 161, brassherald wrote:I mean,
your slot has been consistently minimizing reasoning for everyone's votes if they were not for Ausuka
. I posted that one in particular because it was a particularly bad post calling everyone else anti-town.
Where is the bolded happening?
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:42 am

Post by Human Sequencer »

replace me

fuck this game
brings out the worst in people, me included

if I ever come back to this site again don't let me sign up for any more games gamma
this happens every time
mafia is shit
nah
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:08 am

Post by brassherald »

Vartsun things:
reads like shading Ausuka's vote on the hydra, I guess maybe this may not count since it was a vote on them, but still. Pretty muich everything before that was shading the votes on HS and an RVS push, but, like, it's RVS in a micro, that's a pretty shitty point to argue about.
shades Mylo himself for a vote on me.
tries to frame my post which had reasoning right before it as an OMGUS vote.
the end shades a vote by Ausuka, who they now read as town, by the way, for voting Voyc.
says "When did confidence become a scumread thing?" Reads like throwing shade to me.
was written down by me, but I think that I misunderstood that post originally. Just sharing a bit that's not totally relevant.
is actually less of a shade throw than I thought, but repeating myself pings me, so that's a memory thing more than an actual read reason.

Doom: Doom is town to me because the way he reads is both similar to the town tone I have seen in the past, and his reads are well thought out and don't seem faked. It reads like he's trying to solve a puzzle. He's towny AF.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:20 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

wut
replacing Human Sequencer I guess
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:47 am

Post by Vartsun »

Oh, I see; criticism of play = shading. Yeah. Players shouldn't be held accountable for their actions. Right.
Though I should probably let Taly engage with that, since your beef seems to mostly be with Taly's posts.

-V
Judge Joseph Dredd
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:22 am

Post by Judge Joseph Dredd »

Hi. I should be replacing HS, but I will keep it short until Gamma announces it officially.

FTR, I started reading the first page and I got sick to the stomach. You guys are awful. Who the fuck starts the game with a joke then spends 3 goddamn posts explaining it? Who cares? And who asks for an explanation on a RVS vote on page one? And through skimming the rest of the thread I see lots of OMGUS voting too. It's as if many are being deliberately bad or want to look scummy, but Vartsun steals the oscars and the grammys for it by a large margin.

I'll do a proper reread and decide whether I want to play or just call you all names and replace out.
I AM THE LAW!
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:06 pm

Post by Vartsun »

Hey man, fuck you too.

-V
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:11 pm

Post by Vartsun »

Also, you've demonstrated an absolute lack of reading comprehension--no one started the game with a joke; I was explaining that I expected people to misread my hydra's username.
Maybe don't be so petulant before you've even been officially replaced in.

-V
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:14 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

as you can see Judge Joseph Dredd replaces Human Sequencer
<Embrace The Void>

Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:16 pm

Post by Vartsun »

Words like OMGUS and LAMIST should never ever be used by town.

In post 167, brassherald wrote:Vartsun things:
reads like shading Ausuka's vote on the hydra, I guess maybe this may not count since it was a vote on them, but still. Pretty muich everything before that was shading the votes on HS and an RVS push, but, like, it's RVS in a micro, that's a pretty shitty point to argue about.
You use the word shading a lot but you're not really elaborating or asking the motivation behind it. Furthermore, every question or thing I've stated so far was to help my perception within the game, and to keep discussion going.
In post 167, brassherald wrote: shades Mylo himself for a vote on me.
...Asking a question is shading? What argument is this?
In post 167, brassherald wrote: tries to frame my post which had reasoning right before it as an OMGUS vote.
Um... I never use the word OMGUS - it is a horrid buzzword that doesn't catch scum or accurately detail what someone is thinking and it serves nothing but to minimize someone's thoughts; do not misrep my intentions.

Literally, I was telling you that this hydra was
Taly/Varsoon
, and asking if there's more reasons to a
Mylo
vote than what I originally believed.
In post 167, brassherald wrote: the end shades a vote by Ausuka, who they now read as town, by the way, for voting Voyc.
>_> I'm still not sure of my townread on
Ausuka
, I feel like it's more possible than what I thought early-game, and
Varsoon
may have a slightly different read here.

But my intentions in that post were pretty clear in giving an observation and trying to understand why someone voted the way they did.
In post 167, brassherald wrote: says "When did confidence become a scumread thing?" Reads like throwing shade to me.
lol Because overconfidence early-game tends to create dichotomies and lynch town without much in-game reasoning?
In post 167, brassherald wrote: was written down by me, but I think that I misunderstood that post originally. Just sharing a bit that's not totally relevant.
What's the point of this?

is actually less of a shade throw than I thought, but repeating myself pings me, so that's a memory thing more than an actual read reason.

Doom: Doom is town to me because the way he reads is both similar to the town tone I have seen in the past, and his reads are well thought out and don't seem faked. It reads like he's trying to solve a puzzle. He's towny AF.[/quote]

You're disregarding a whole post of me elaborating on my thoughts and engaging in several topics to:
"this isn't as shady as I thought"
>>> What are you gaining by saying this? There's little stated reasoning here that makes me inclined to believe you're being truthful with your push.

I think
Doomfeathers
is town, it's what I'd think of him to be suspicious and look deeper into people's motives, but I didn't understand the vote on this hydra without much stated reasoning.

None of my reads are very solidified at the moment.
Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:Hi. I should be replacing HS, but I will keep it short until Gamma announces it officially.

FTR, I started reading the first page and I got sick to the stomach. You guys are awful. Who the fuck starts the game with a joke then spends 3 goddamn posts explaining it? Who cares? And who asks for an explanation on a RVS vote on page one? And through skimming the rest of the thread I see lots of OMGUS voting too. It's as if many are being deliberately bad or want to look scummy, but Vartsun steals the oscars and the grammys for it by a large margin.

I'll do a proper reread and decide whether I want to play or just call you all names and replace out.
Calling us names and replacing out does nothing but add to the tension in the game already; I'd like to hear your thoughts on the game at the moment.

~~~~

Voyc and Skitter
seem like town to me at the moment, and I'm reserving major thoughts about the
Human Sequencer
slot until
Judge
or someone officially comes into the game.

~ Taly

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”