Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:23 am

Post by Scummies »

The Winner of the Cunning Manipulator (Don Corleone) award is:

A joint award (a tie!) between MagnaofIllusion for The Thing Mafia and Alisae for Night and Day Mafia

This was a tie vote with both Alisae and MoI getting exactly the same votes. The same number of #1 votes, the same number of #2 votes and the same number of #3 votes. As there was no way to break that kind of tie, they both receive the award!

Alisae's banner will have to wait until we can put together a rotating gif.

"As the scum member that survived the second longest, I worked with MoI over a period of about 3 months to clinch the victory from an extremely difficult start. Two of our members were lynched on Days 1 and 2, and from there me, Andrius, and Magna were all quite doubtful of a victory.

However, we managed to coordinate tight plays and moves as a team, even with our hands pretty much tied in terms of night play (which had been observed as questionable night kill decisions), we had almost a stranglehold on the day play from beginning to end. Especially Magna, who ENTIRELY escaped suspicion starting from Day 1. It was him that survived to the end without a single vote being placed on him for the entirety of the game.

Although to say that the busses and plays coordinated by the rest of the team did not play a factor in our ultimate victory would be a disservice to the rest of the team, it was still Magna that had the execution and planning down. He was integral in the moves we made throughout the game, and his executed bussing was in such a way that he escaped suspicious interaction tells entirely.

In my opinion, it's his dedication, consistent commitment, and overall fantastic play that deserve the scummy nom here."
Link to Game
"I mentioned this in my nomination for Alisae as a Rising Star, but Alisae shone brightest here. Alisae has of course played strongly as scum before, and continues to get better with time, so perhaps Alisae will perform even better than this in some future game. But as of this writing, this is the pinnacle of scum performances.

While other players very notably contributed to the scum's victory, this was Alisae's game the entire way. Alisae manipulated the entire game from the get-go, making the vast majority of the scum's decisions. All of them were smart and on-point. Combined with some clever dayplay, and Alisae was able to position emself to be considered virtually confirmed town.

The amount of work Alisae did behind the scenes this game was remarkable. It all culminated in Alisae being able to spin the worst-case scenario for em into a win: Alisae was caught off-guard by texcat being a hider, and Alisae's scum roles were useless to stop the hide. In short, Alisae could do nothing to stop texcat the hider from confirming players as town/scum with impunity.

...However, Alisae was able to seize control of the light PT (where texcat would claim the hide), such that the only player alive to witness a lie would be the person said lie would be guiltying. In short, Alisae used a role which was the town's ace in the hole as the impetus to drive forward the town's defeat. All with very little warning.

That level of forethought, that level of advanced play where Alisae was able to turn a guilty on eir partner into a ""guilty"" on town securing the mylo mislynch necessary to win, is something which in of itself demonstrates Alisae's skill as a scum player.

I could also dig up many other scumgames of Alisae's where e performs incredibly well, but the nomination for Don Corelone is supposed to be for a single game only so I'll leave it here for now. Still, I think that Alisae being a consistently-good scum performer rather than having a one-off good scumgame should be taken into consideration, as it shows that this game was not a fluke. Alisae is GOOD at scum. REALLY good. With an understanding of exactly what path needs to be taken to achieve victory."
Link to game

Return to “2017 Scummies and Mashies”