Scummies Nominations 2018

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #31 (isolation #0) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

anti-nom b/c lol no
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 37, Alisae wrote:Nominating Kokichi Oma for Rising Star
proof that scummies are shit.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #46 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:47 am

Post by Nero Cain »

or maybe that was a troll and it went WOOSH!

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:51 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 83, Alisae wrote:Brass can get a nom too I think
I like Brass as a person but lol no.

Now someone like Lovebird...

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

anti-nom anything that Alisae noms

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (isolation #5) » Wed May 23, 2018 1:39 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean cluttering the awards with noms with the mindset of "let the judges figure out if they are worthy" is just bad. It's giving them a ton of extra work.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (isolation #6) » Thu May 24, 2018 2:31 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 172, Pine wrote:I concur, but discouraging noms is not the way. A big part of the reason many of the awards people want to see were removed is that they didn't get noms. There were several years where Mastina was the only nominee for Professor Mafia, and other awards that didn't get any noms at all. While I believe the streamlining went too far, please do not discourage people from nominating.

If you feel someone is worthy of consideration by the judges, please do not hesitate at all. The judges know a subpar nom when they see one, and are capable of sorting. MathDino, the judges are also entitled to take antinoms into consideration, and I think your recent posts would count as one.
I'm not? I just think there exists some thin purple line between passionately being involved by nominating and overzealously nominating and cluttering things up and making extra work for the judges. I guess an example would be a shit ton (5? 10? 15?) noms for rising star. I agree the having multiple noms and having competition is a good thing but at some point, you need to judge yourself and say "ok, wich of these are the best and I want the judges to look over them."

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (isolation #7) » Thu May 24, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

There not being a single game town award (unless you count Kodak) is a joke though but its not like the scummies have had a good reputation since like '12.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”