Goon
Goon

The Scummie for Memorable Event [Winners Announced!]

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:48 am

Post by Scummies »

Most Memorable Event (Kodak Moment)

Camn's Revenge for the Jam Session
Srcreenplay for the vonflare dayvig
Not_Mafia for D1 lolhammering, fakeclaim, etc.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:48 am

Post by Scummies »

The Winner of the Most Memorable Event (Kodak Moment) award is:

Nachomamma8, mastina and TheRealGin-N-Tonic for the Town Jam Session

"Again, Mastina's account is more detailed, but I think I have the upper hand in objectivity here, as I was absent during the event and the leader of the opposition party. Starting with the linked post was a running conversation among several active players, principally Nachomamma8, mastina, TheRealGin-N-Tonic, Prism, Monokuma (Nahdia and Road Kamelot), and Aristophanes. Their efforts over the course of several hours and 18 or so pages split the game wide open, creating a solid Town bloc that identified two of the three scum players and a dominant force directing the Town for the rest of the game. As the opposition, I recall opening the thread in the morning and having a sinking feeling the more I read, which got progressively worse as we went on.

What makes this memorable is not only the facts of the incident, or the players involved, or even the effectiveness of the tactic, but rather the camaraderie it engendered among the Town players. We found it very difficult to break that bond in subsequent days, and that evening's work carried Town all the way to endgame.

Further, the success of this one event seems to be sparking a trend of similar 'jam sessions' in other games, having cropped up in at least two or three other games that I am aware of. To me, a memorable moment isn't just a singular event, but something that inspires repetition and imitation."
"The Town Jam Session, as it became known, started at the linked post, where Nacho asked whether TheRealGin-N-Tonic and mastina were around.

What was the Town Jam Session? In a word, pure, unadulterated, awesomeness. It resulted in 8 (almost 9!) real-life hours of continuous posting, where any player who was around (mostly us three, but later also Aristophanes among others) would talk and give contributions as we rocked out and locked the game down. We went from having no coherency at the beginning to having two of the three scum in our lynchpool. It started at Nacho's 1555.

It ended at around http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p8749967 <--post 2005, a full 450 posts and 18 pages later. This was pure town posting, a bloc of town players, hashing their reads out, bouncing it back and forth, with the results of having solidly townread each other and solid, established, firm scumreads.

THAT is the essence of a good town, of synchronization that is deadly effective. That is the kind of moment every town should strive to reach. It was incredibly memorable and exactly what a town which wants to win should hope for."
"This game, oh boy was it a doozy. First off the game started out with Mastina, myself TheRealGin-N-Tonic, and Nacho not trusting any of ourselves and pushing for each others lynches.

Then, something magically clicked and we all thought we were town and that's when the magic happened.

On one random Thursday evening, Nachomamma8 invites me, TheRealGin-N-Tonic and Mastina to do a town jam session where we post for non-stop until we are done.

This lasted 8 HOURS STRAIGHT. During this time, we flipped all our reads into correctly guessing 2 out of the 3 scum and ended up setting up the Process of Elimination and speed through the game because of that jam session. There was so much fun to be had during that time and even a point where it got emotional and Mastina was all like ""I love you guys"" and we were like ""love you too girl""

It's a memory I will be cherishing for a while."

Link to game

Return to “2017 Scummies and Mashies”