Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:06 pm

Post by brassherald »

I'll vote when I get some answers. I'm actually here in the first 10 pages for a change to ask some questions.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:11 pm

Post by the worst »

brass are we finally town together?
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:13 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 201, the worst wrote:brass are we finally town together?
I sure hope so.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:14 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

eevee zito brass

solved before we hit double digits take that america
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:26 pm

Post by Tywin Lannister »

This game has already become annoying AF. I'll just preface with that. Moving on... a couple things I've noticed:

1. Nancy freaking out over RVS votes is suspect, yet reads both ways as just being new to mafia, especially on MS. New town or new scum, idk yet, but their entire post count has been defensive AtE, all about THEM (their meta, their emotional instability, claiming to want to self hammer, an appeal to the mod, appeals to other players, regret over joining, etc), and with zero constructive content. Now I understand the emotion part, because I too can get pissed off when railroaded early, but I also assume that scrum are on my wagon when it happens. Even if im THAT emotionally compromised, I still scum hunt as best as I can. I attack back to try to secure future scum lynches after I flip, rather than just whining about it. It at least gives some sort of town benefit, assuming I am town when it happens. ND did not do this until basically coached into it by others. It pings of scum. The fact that the wagon disappeared so quickly is also a ping, yet the reasoning is legitimate.

What's the reason? Well...

In post 104, EeveeLution Army wrote:Tbh i really dislike turbos. But sometimes it could benefit town to prevent multiple PRs being outed D1.
Idk their alignment so I'm not gonna choose a side here yet. They just seem overly defensive.
This post pings me to high heaven. Standing on the fence, while subtly both approving and disapproving of the ND lynch is scummy. Regardless of what ND flips, this post is maybe the scummiest in the game so far imo. I hate fence sitters for multiple reasons, but mostly because its scum play 101.

3. Both wagons on ND and Evee look too easy, but I'd i have to pick, Evee would get my vote. ND screams lynchbait VI if town, and the weakest link if scum. I'm fine with the wagon moving, but Evee gaining traction from nearly everyone worries me too. That said, the players who pushed and/or wanted to keep pushing ND (like papa zito) are ignoring the evee wagon. Why? Even if they don't see any scum tells from them, pushing for a random wagon instead isn't just counterproductive, but also subtly helps take pressure off an unknown player. ND escaped from pressure due to people just randomly deciding to accept the AtE defense as VI play, and players like Papa Zito complained about that, but now Evee gives nothing during their wagon, and Papa Zito's cool with that?

As it stands, the only real town read I have is 'the worst,' mostly due to the IDGAF stance. Papa Zito is my top scum atm, since ND may just be new town, and their lynch gives no info beyond wifom about Evee. Evee gaining so much traction seems justified to me, although a fast wagon on D1 gives me pause. Papa Zito though... Zito has barely gotten attention beyond a few players (ND/kokichi), and partially it's due to his vote on kokichi.

Imo, Papa Zito complaining about ND wagon losing traction (he wants more pressure info?), yet sidestepping the evee wagon in favor of linking kokichi as a partner is scummy.

Ok, I've rambled enough. Typing on a phone sucks.

VOTE: Papa Zito

Question time:

Nancy Drew: Why were you freaking out and giving up so quickly during the rvs stage? Did you assume you'd be quicklynched before half the game has posted? What were you thinking, and also, why weren't you accusing anyone on your wagon as scum? If you were quicklynched, do you think it would be all town doing so?

Evee: Why were you fence sitting on ND, yet subtly pushing for a PL on them? Who do you actually scum read?

Papa Zito: Why are you deflecting from the Evee wagon while complaining about the ND wagon going off the rails? Do you TR Evee? SR ND? You must right, since you've linked kokichi as their partner on D1. What's your evidence?
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:27 pm

In post 203, Eddie Cane wrote:eevee zito brass

solved before we hit double digits take that america
This might be right actually.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:29 pm

Post by brassherald »

If I'm not going to get answers this is a good vote to have.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Is eeved not a good vote to have, brass?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by Wisdom »

eevee*
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Tywin why vote zito over eevee?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 207, Wisdom wrote:Is eeved not a good vote to have, brass?
I would not be against lynching her either. Both are pretty scummy, right now, I prefer Papa.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by Beefster »

Official Vote Count 1-2
EeveeLution Army
(5): , , , ,
(L-2)

Papa Zito
(2): ,
Eddie Cane
(1): Srceenplay
Nancy Drew 39
(1):
Kokichi Oma
(1):

Not Voting
(3): MechaGoomba, Sugar Cain, EeveeLution Army

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2018-05-02 18:30:00)
Last edited by Beefster on Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:47 pm

In post 209, Wisdom wrote:Tywin why vote zito over eevee?
Mostly because everyone joined on Evee too quickly, so there's either slight chance its a scum push to counter ND wagon, or it's possible low-hanging fruit that can be easier to justify than a possible PL. There's a chance anyway, and most fast wagons on D1 tend to be on town. Zito being hypocritical about NDs wagon losing steam, but ignoring the evee wagon (calling it a 'shiney' distraction) also pings me.

Honestly, I SR both of them, but Zito might give more answers.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:51 pm

In post 210, brassherald wrote:
In post 207, Wisdom wrote:Is eeved not a good vote to have, brass?
I would not be against lynching her either. Both are pretty scummy, right now, I prefer Papa.
Why though? Piggybacking off my reasoning? Or do you see something more that I'm overlooking?
Sugar Cain
Sugar Cain
Goon
Sugar Cain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:06 pm

Post by Sugar Cain »

Ego
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:07 pm

In post 186, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:UNVOTE: Papa Zito

for now.

VOTE: Eevee
Why'd you switch to Eevee before getting any answers out of Zito, since you saw something there you didnt like? What's your justification for the Eevee vote, unless its just mindless bandwagining?

You can't demand anwers out of Zito for his vote reasoning, vote him for not giving any, then switch to Eevoo without a reason yourself.

Why are you voting Eevoo?

Why did you switch from Zito?

You both half-assed the entire exchange between you. Nothing productive happened, yet you both pretended to be trying. It almost looks like scum partner distancing, since Zito did it after he knew your wagon was dead, and you solo-voted him for about one hour real-time before switching.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Eevee papa and someone else is where I'm at
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:58 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Eddie and tywin I like for town so far
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:52 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 204, Tywin Lannister wrote:This game has already become annoying AF. I'll just preface with that. Moving on... a couple things I've noticed:

1. Nancy freaking out over RVS votes is suspect, yet reads both ways as just being new to mafia, especially on MS. New town or new scum, idk yet, but their entire post count has been defensive AtE, all about THEM (their meta, their emotional instability, claiming to want to self hammer, an appeal to the mod, appeals to other players, regret over joining, etc), and with zero constructive content. Now I understand the emotion part, because I too can get pissed off when railroaded early, but I also assume that scrum are on my wagon when it happens. Even if im THAT emotionally compromised, I still scum hunt as best as I can. I attack back to try to secure future scum lynches after I flip, rather than just whining about it. It at least gives some sort of town benefit, assuming I am town when it happens. ND did not do this until basically coached into it by others. It pings of scum. The fact that the wagon disappeared so quickly is also a ping, yet the reasoning is legitimate.

What's the reason? Well...

In post 104, EeveeLution Army wrote:Tbh i really dislike turbos. But sometimes it could benefit town to prevent multiple PRs being outed D1.
Idk their alignment so I'm not gonna choose a side here yet. They just seem overly defensive.
This post pings me to high heaven. Standing on the fence, while subtly both approving and disapproving of the ND lynch is scummy. Regardless of what ND flips, this post is maybe the scummiest in the game so far imo. I hate fence sitters for multiple reasons, but mostly because its scum play 101.

3. Both wagons on ND and Evee look too easy, but I'd i have to pick, Evee would get my vote. ND screams lynchbait VI if town, and the weakest link if scum. I'm fine with the wagon moving, but Evee gaining traction from nearly everyone worries me too. That said, the players who pushed and/or wanted to keep pushing ND (like papa zito) are ignoring the evee wagon. Why? Even if they don't see any scum tells from them, pushing for a random wagon instead isn't just counterproductive, but also subtly helps take pressure off an unknown player. ND escaped from pressure due to people just randomly deciding to accept the AtE defense as VI play, and players like Papa Zito complained about that, but now Evee gives nothing during their wagon, and Papa Zito's cool with that?

As it stands, the only real town read I have is 'the worst,' mostly due to the IDGAF stance. Papa Zito is my top scum atm, since ND may just be new town, and their lynch gives no info beyond wifom about Evee. Evee gaining so much traction seems justified to me, although a fast wagon on D1 gives me pause. Papa Zito though... Zito has barely gotten attention beyond a few players (ND/kokichi), and partially it's due to his vote on kokichi.

Imo, Papa Zito complaining about ND wagon losing traction (he wants more pressure info?), yet sidestepping the evee wagon in favor of linking kokichi as a partner is scummy.

Ok, I've rambled enough. Typing on a phone sucks.

Question time:

Nancy Drew: Why were you freaking out and giving up so quickly during the rvs stage? Did you assume you'd be quicklynched before half the game has posted? What were you thinking, and also, why weren't you accusing anyone on your wagon as scum? If you were quicklynched, do you think it would be all town doing so?

Evee: Why were you fence sitting on ND, yet subtly pushing for a PL on them? Who do you actually scum read?

Papa Zito: Why are you deflecting from the Evee wagon while complaining about the ND wagon going off the rails? Do you TR Evee? SR ND? You must right, since you've linked kokichi as their partner on D1. What's your evidence?
I think it came as a shock to me that I could be maj voted so quickly in such a short period of time on d1. In the games I’ve played, majs aren’ t generally allowed until d2. I was so close to getting majed and it seemed att that few people were concerned about a mislynch; so I felt that nothing I could say, would make any difference.

I didn’t initially accuse anyone initially, because I wanted to carefully read people’s posts, before I formed a read on them. No, I def. do not think it would have been all town quicklynching me. Obv. pushing for a quicklynch is generally something that benefits scum more than town, because town doesn’t like to mislynch. I already discussed my reactions in my post to the worst and there really isn’t anything more I can say on the matter. If your concern is that this sort of thing will be ongoing from me; it won’t.

With regards to the current wagon; I would also lilke to get Zito’s answers to yours and other people’s questions, before we hammer on Eevee. For right now, I ‘m fine with my vote but depending on his reaction to the questions he’s received, esp. about the whole left-field partner shading re: kokichi; I could switch it back to him. I thought it strange that he linked us without any logical reason whatsoever - save that k was his latest scumspect.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:03 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 215, Tywin Lannister wrote:
In post 186, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:UNVOTE: Papa Zito

for now.

VOTE: Eevee
Why'd you switch to Eevee before getting any answers out of Zito, since you saw something there you didnt like? What's your justification for the Eevee vote, unless its just mindless bandwagining?

You can't demand anwers out of Zito for his vote reasoning, vote him for not giving any, then switch to Eevoo without a reason yourself.

Why are you voting Eevoo?

Why did you switch from Zito?

You both half-assed the entire exchange between you. Nothing productive happened, yet you both pretended to be trying. It almost looks like scum partner distancing, since Zito did it after he knew your wagon was dead, and you solo-voted him for about one hour real-time before switching.
As I already explained in my last post; I’m open to swtching back to Zito, depending on his reactions to people’s questions.

I did give a reason, that post re: turbos and PRs was weird. I also want to get Eevee to explain it for us. I’m not “pretending” anything. I’ve been nothing but genuine from the start - too genuine and it almost got me quicklynched.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
EeveeLution Army
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:17 pm

Post by EeveeLution Army »

I just don't like the day ending too quickly. But i didn't particularly mind them dying, i hadn't scumread her only a lean based on her overreaction
Show
-Lord Giratina-

-Queen Togekiss-
EeveeLution Army

--Eevee General--
--Jolteon Lieutenant--
--Flareon Private--
--Vaporeon Captain--
--Leafeon Corporal--
--Glaceon Major--
--Espeon Colonel--
--Umbreon Officer--
--Sylveon Sergeant--
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:08 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 220, EeveeLution Army wrote:I just don't like the day ending too quickly. But i didn't particularly mind them dying, i hadn't scumread her only a lean based on her overreaction
You sound like you can’t make up your mind here. This is one of the main reasons for your wagon . If you scumlean someone; you are in fact sr them; even if your read on them is weak. It comes accross as if you are almost contradicting yourself.

Why can’t you just say instead: “I’m not a fan of majs but I’m okay with lynches. I have a mild scumlean on X but it’s not strong enough for me to feel comfortable voting them.” See the difference?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:24 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

This however is the main post, that people are having difficulty with. What does this post even signify? No villa knows anyone else’s alignment; only scum do; we are all guessing. And what do turbos and PRs have do do with each other. This isn’t a turbo and how did PRs even come into play here? Like I have no clue what you’re even talking about here. As others have already pointed out; not “choosing a side” is fence sitting. Refer to my previous post but I’m not even going to attempt to translate this one.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:26 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 167, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Why aren’t you answering their question?
Because I don't feel it benefits anyone at this time.

Since you're as green as grass I'll indulge you a bit. In one of my newbie games, my IC Thesp made this post:
Thesp wrote:I strongly subscribe to a limited information theory of mafia in all directions - that is, there is a significant degree of information that everyone ought to keep secret and/or is trying to keep secret. (I think it's important to assess the motivations for keeping such things undisclosed, but it is not always as important to know for certain what people are keeping secret, aside from their alignments.) To that end, I will not explain my actions all the time, nor do I think I should. I do think I owe the town explanations from time to time, and if I expect to convince anyone, I absolutely ought to give more compelling reasons for people to follow along with me.

It is worth noting that I find this approach to be more useful in finding scum, and simultaneously I tend to draw more people thinking I look scummy when I employ it. ;)
This tenet has become core to my play, particularly early in games. I don't think whatever benefits the town will gain from my being transparent outweigh the information I get.

Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Okay but Zito is still a very attractive option.
hey bb
In post 194, brassherald wrote:Seriously, dude? An attempt at a quickhammer this early?
Oh brass, you sweet summer child.
In post 204, Tywin Lannister wrote:Papa Zito: Why are you deflecting from the Evee wagon while complaining about the ND wagon going off the rails?
Yes or no: Does the success or failure of the Eevee wagon solely depend on my presence?
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:26 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 217, Kokichi Oma wrote:Eddie and tywin I like for town so far
What's so town about Eddie?
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”