Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:33 am

Post by Scummies »

The Winner of the Scummie for Game of the Year (People's Choice) is:

for camn's revenge

"Was the most fun I've had in a game in a long time.
Thought that the mechanic introduced was an interesting spin (pits moderators against each other, loved the guilty treestump), several of the players in the game had some extremely enjoyable play, there were some excellent moments (town jam session, Prism's paranoia ""going off the rails"" posting near the end of day 1, Gin getting outed as a eavesdropper and eavesdropping on Aeronaut outing the entire scumteam), and I thought the flavor was lovely. What else could you ask for from a game?"
"This game was an absolute blast. I've NEVER had as much fun in a game as I had in this game. It was pure, unadulterated, fun. More than that, it is an example of some really, really strong town plays. The town this game was good. The town this game made many, many strong plays, including having PoE'd two of the three scum on D1.

The scumteam made some hilarious mistakes along the way as well, including a guilty result which almost entirely fucked them over because of how condemning it was (even after the mod redacted part of the guilty!), and yet, in spite of this because of what boiled down to basically luck, they were able to set up an endgame where via paranoia the town player who had been cleared since D1 ended up vengekilled.

It was frustrating to watch all the town's hard work go down the drain basically overnight, when we had fought so hard to get there and had locked the game down, but it was a good recovery on the scum's part. Scum avoided the lynch D1 when they were set to die. Scum laid wifom when their second member died. Scum managed to keep their third member from being the mislynch...three times in a row. And in spite of the vengeful townie having the remaining scum as their top scumread the whole game, they were talked out of it...by no less than the town's archnemesis, Pine, the guy the game's mechanic revolved around.

As infuriating as the loss was, it was still the most fun I have ever had in a game and I think I'll never find a game as enjoyable as this one. Except, maybe a sequel...
"
"Mastina said it better than I, and from a perhaps more objective perspective, but I echo her sentiments most heartily. This game was indeed some of the best fun I've had on site. Practically every player turned in stellar performances, both Town and scum. We the scumteam felt like we were constantly on the run from a Town hot on our heels, and only through a series of ploys, deceptions, and gambits did we barely eke out a win. Any other scumteam would have been annihilated. Any other Town would have been completely rolled. The best parts were the Town Jam Session, a ten-page conversation conducted live over several hours where a number of Town players collaborated to break the game wide open and form a voting bloc that took us the entire rest of the game to dismantle. Endgame was equally challenging. Town had their sights locked in on the final mafioso going in, and ultimately fell prey to internal divisions and paranoia, widened by WIFOM and coordination between the scum treestump (me) and SirCakez.

The setup, design, and moderation were wholly original, and well-executed by Camn. Further, this paradigm is repeatable, and we hope for future iterations of this style game.

Boffo!"
Link to Game

Return to “2017 Scummies and Mashies”