Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:33 am

Post by Scummies »

The Winner of the Scummie for Game of the Year (People's Choice) is:

for camn's revenge

"Was the most fun I've had in a game in a long time.
Thought that the mechanic introduced was an interesting spin (pits moderators against each other, loved the guilty treestump), several of the players in the game had some extremely enjoyable play, there were some excellent moments (town jam session, Prism's paranoia ""going off the rails"" posting near the end of day 1, Gin getting outed as a eavesdropper and eavesdropping on Aeronaut outing the entire scumteam), and I thought the flavor was lovely. What else could you ask for from a game?"
"This game was an absolute blast. I've NEVER had as much fun in a game as I had in this game. It was pure, unadulterated, fun. More than that, it is an example of some really, really strong town plays. The town this game was good. The town this game made many, many strong plays, including having PoE'd two of the three scum on D1.

The scumteam made some hilarious mistakes along the way as well, including a guilty result which almost entirely fucked them over because of how condemning it was (even after the mod redacted part of the guilty!), and yet, in spite of this because of what boiled down to basically luck, they were able to set up an endgame where via paranoia the town player who had been cleared since D1 ended up vengekilled.

It was frustrating to watch all the town's hard work go down the drain basically overnight, when we had fought so hard to get there and had locked the game down, but it was a good recovery on the scum's part. Scum avoided the lynch D1 when they were set to die. Scum laid wifom when their second member died. Scum managed to keep their third member from being the mislynch...three times in a row. And in spite of the vengeful townie having the remaining scum as their top scumread the whole game, they were talked out of it...by no less than the town's archnemesis, Pine, the guy the game's mechanic revolved around.

As infuriating as the loss was, it was still the most fun I have ever had in a game and I think I'll never find a game as enjoyable as this one. Except, maybe a sequel...
"
"Mastina said it better than I, and from a perhaps more objective perspective, but I echo her sentiments most heartily. This game was indeed some of the best fun I've had on site. Practically every player turned in stellar performances, both Town and scum. We the scumteam felt like we were constantly on the run from a Town hot on our heels, and only through a series of ploys, deceptions, and gambits did we barely eke out a win. Any other scumteam would have been annihilated. Any other Town would have been completely rolled. The best parts were the Town Jam Session, a ten-page conversation conducted live over several hours where a number of Town players collaborated to break the game wide open and form a voting bloc that took us the entire rest of the game to dismantle. Endgame was equally challenging. Town had their sights locked in on the final mafioso going in, and ultimately fell prey to internal divisions and paranoia, widened by WIFOM and coordination between the scum treestump (me) and SirCakez.

The setup, design, and moderation were wholly original, and well-executed by Camn. Further, this paradigm is repeatable, and we hope for future iterations of this style game.

Boffo!"
Link to Game
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:34 am

Post by camn »

Holy cow.
I totally don't have a speech ready, and I don't know what to say- But thank you all so much for thinking of me!
It was really the players that made that game so good, though. They should all get an award! (Ha Ha THEY DID!)

Although I didn't prepare a speech.. I did have this kicking around my Outbox. I wrote it at Nacho's request for Scummy-Flavor.... which I think never materialized. So
FOR THE FANS!

Spoiler: What Happened next...
>>buzz<<

>>buzzzzz<<

Image<---------(UpTooLate's Phone)

>>buzz<<

>>buzzzzz<<

>>buzz<<

>>buzzzzz<<

UpTooLate
:
"Um, Hello? Who makes phone calls these days?"

camn
:
"UTL it's me. I know it has been a long time..can you call me back encrypted on contingency 54?
UpTooLate
:
"Oh! Yes of course. Give me 2 minutes. It will be public key 5XA33."

-click-

>>buzz<<

>>buzzzzz<<

camn
:
"Hey its camn-"

"- and look, I know it's been forever...but I have been in hiding.
You probably remember that game you hosted- the Hunger Games game. God that sounds strange on the mouth. Games-game.
-anyway.. you remember it, I know. I was really mad. About Pine and all that shit everyone pulled! But I maybe made a pretty rash decision. "

UpTooLate
:
" What did you do? And why do you always make me go through this stuff with the burner phones and the PKI- handshakes and all of that?

camn
:
"What? Because they are listening, duh. But nevermind that... I kidnapped Pine."

UpTooLate
:
"What??!"

camn
:
"Yeah, I know. I really didn't think it through. I invited everyone out to my Mountain Chalet..I had this great plan. I nabbed Pine. I was going to torture and humiliate him in front of EVERYONE...but when people started showing up... my intel guys let me know that some of them were taking PINE's side on the whole fucking thing. Like, HE was in the RIGHT or something? Anyway, I panicked. I drugged them all with ketamine .

UpTooLate
:
"WHAT??!"

camn
:
" I know, I know. I thought I could handle it. But I ran out of sedatives.. so I went all
Lord of the Flies
, and I started letting people vote... and once thing led to another..."

UpTooLate
:
"Did you murder everyone again?"

camn
:
"..../sigh. I did. Except I didn't GET THEM ALL this time. Fucking Pine got away. And Fucking Cakez, too. It really wan't clean. I abandoned the place. I didn't get a chance to clean it up even."

UpTooLate
:
"camn, that's not like you. Usually your crime scenes are spotless. Even the CSI guys on TV couldn't track you."

camn
:
"I KNOW. Anyway.. I'm in Equador for a while. I'm laying low.. but I need you to sniff around and see if there is any heat on me over the whole thing. Local trouble I can manage.. but if the Feds are involved I need to make some arrangements, you know? Also, if you have seen Pine around, I could use any descriptions you might have of his movements, his business dealings, and anything about his new girlfriends."

UpTooLate
:
"What are you going to do? He always dates nice girls!"

camn
:
"No it's cool, it will be totally just hostages, no wetwork."

UpTooLate
:
"Fine. I will look into it. Don't get crazy though.. you remember that thing in Peru."

camn
:
"I know, old friend. I know. I will be back soon. I'll talk to you soon. I hope."

-click-
Last edited by camn on Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:44 am

Post by zoraster »

congratulations to camn! Thank you for voting, everyone!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:49 am

Post by mastina »

As if there was any ever doubt.
Thank you so much, camn. <3
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:12 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Yussss!
The best game won! :)

Fantastic!
Simply fantastic! :)
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 2, camn wrote:Holy cow.
I totally don't have a speech ready, and I don't know what to say- But thank you all so much for thinking of me!
It was really the players that made that game so good, though. They should all get an award! (Ha Ha THEY DID!)
Except the winners :(
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:14 pm

Post by camn »

It just goes to show....fun can transcend winning.

In the past...so many of people's "greatest games" thoughts are games that they ~won~...or that they individually caught a ton of scum or something.. This was kind of unique that even with a townloss, everyone still had a blast.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:18 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I am still so sad I lost this game fir town, yet this was 100% GotY material!

I am so elated this won!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:14 pm

Post by Ginngie »

To date no game has ever got me so emotionally invested that i got teary when i realized we losr
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:10 am

Post by NicoRobin »

What? Why didn't Varsoon win a single scummy this year? This is an outrage!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:31 am

Post by Alisae »

lol V being relevant in 2017
GTKAS
| here.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:58 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 11, Alisae wrote:lol V being relevant in 2017
Banned ...

Also congrats to Camn and the players. Not my personal pick but clearly worthy winners.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by Alisae »

Dw V knows I love him so its ok <3
GTKAS
| here.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:24 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 13, Alisae wrote:Dw V knows I love him so its ok <3
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2018 1:04 am

Post by Varsoon »

Congrats!! Wish I was in this game, too...
In post 10, NicoRobin wrote:What? Why didn't Varsoon win a single scummy this year? This is an outrage!
Secret revenge to humble my horrible ego after winning multiple in the past. At least I got nommed for a bunch this time. Still. ;_;
In post 11, Alisae wrote:lol V being relevant in 2017
Ouch.
In post 13, Alisae wrote:Dw V knows I love him so its ok <3
It's always the people you love the most that hurt you the worst! >:P
Real talk though, it's other people's year to shine. Alisae is Alibae.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:11 am

Post by Aeronaut »

A bit late on this, but yeah that game was so much fun!
2023 W/L | 1-0

Return to “2017 Scummies and Mashies”