Why do you play mafia?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:45 am

Post by Taly »

In post 3, Ellibereth wrote:Winning is fun.
In post 6, AnonymousGhost wrote:It provides a challenge. :3
In post 7, chamber wrote:For moments when you feel very smart for massively out playing or out reading someone.
In post 9, Espeonage wrote:I don't play mafia. Mafia plays me.
In post 12, Ankamius wrote:I like mafia mainly because it's given me a lot of insight into how I think. I've found that the things I'm very good at in mafia are things I tend to be very good at in real life applications as well, and by the same token I've been significantly more aware of my weaknesses when they pop up.

I think the game itself is really... not good, but it has definitely improved my life in the long term.
All of these, but specifically
Ankamius

I'm attracted to anything that provides me intrapersonal and interpersonal knowledge.
((Basically, self-awareness and people-awareness))

I think MS succeeds in making the game mafia bigger than it is. There's a lot of themes, strategies, roles, and ways to approach a game that's purely psychological.

A mafia game is rarely ever like another, and that's the novelty of it. While stress and conflict are part of the game, and can be overwhelming to most people - myself included - I just find Mafia to be a fun and stimulating mind game. :D
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage

Return to “Mafia Discussion”