A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:09 pm

Post by T-Bone »

So...Brian pulls out what looks to be my ISO to complain how I am not doing anything...to which the posts he pulled (minus the jokes) recap my contributions to the game. He literally quotes my posts and writes "T-Bone takes no stances" under posts of mine where I make pretty definitive statements.

I'm not going to break it down, because that is unhelpful. It is up to any of you if you think it has merit. As you will see below, I don't think it has merit as a real case.

However...it does have merit in itself...because it is basically a massive scumclaim masked as a post. This is the type of post that scum makes 100% of the time to "prove" a case on someone. People who are town do not have this mindset where they have to DIG to try and find things that are scummy.

There are obviously a couple of points. One, for the most part, people who are scum aren't literally going to drop alignment indicative stuff in every single post. I think most people have that understanding. I also think that if this were a real case from town!Brian, he'd recognize the distinction between posts that are NAI, and those that aren't. I think town!Brian would have a much shorter case, because he'd be genuinely seeing and reading me. I don't think town!Brian would pull my entire ISO to prove a case. I don't think town!anyone would do that on any player.

Two...I feel like scum!Brian did this because I had just admonished northsidegal for doing busywork...and when Brian tried to claim I was doing something else, Gamemereld also recognized what I was actually saying. I think Brian originally thought he could get some traction by commenting that I was accusing northsidegal of being scum for posting a vote count...and when that didn't work, he had to make #942 to give himself cover. But this goes back to my first point...the difference between town!Brian and scum!Brian posting a case like this is that scum!Brian is going to throw everything at the wall and see what sticks...because he can't actually scumhunt.

Three...the substance of the case doesn't even make sense. It looks like to me he is hoping that if he says something that is untrue enough (via quoting a post of mine and going "look at this nothingness") that people will gloss over and think it is true. This is of course, a technique that TOWN WOULD NOT USE. Why would town!Brian say blatantly false things to make his case?

Four...some of this stuff he is quoting happened awhile a go. If this is his real point of view, why not take issue with some of these things when they happened? Why not take issue with post #42 when it happened? Heck, why, if this is a real case, quote it at all? If someone were to think I am scum, I highly doubt they would take posts like #42 and go "yep look at how scummy T-Bone is". No, someone with a real scumread on me would ignore those posts and only take issue with the ones that matter.

Now...I say all these with a caveat. It looks pretty obvious from my point of view, because I know I'm town, and I know what I am and am not doing in this game. So given what I said above...who thinks I got it right? Does anyone think I don't have this right and we shouldn't lynch Brian over this?
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
hyung
hyung
Goon
hyung
Goon
Goon

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:13 pm

Post by hyung »

i'll post later when i'm less busy. or when cheeky is more dead
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:15 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

tbone i physically can't read your wall right meow staring at it is giving me a headache

do your own waffling for a bit instead of outsourcing it and i'll come back and try to read it again later
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:16 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 951, hyung wrote:i'll post later when i'm less busy. or when cheeky is more dead
More votes here please.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I'm not reading that wall.

Let's lynch TBone for crimes against all that is good in the world.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I'm going to be honest though, my main issue isn't so much just the lack of stances, but you making the effort to get into these long drawn out conversations without explaining what you've gotten out of it. And then, you feel the need to back off by claiming 'oh btw, I'm not or wasn't scumreading you," which just feels like you either backtracking or trying not to rock the boat. It's like, if you don't think it's alignment indicative or worth pursuing, then wtf were you doing? Posting for the sake of posting?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:25 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Also, I voted you
before
you made your comment about NSG, so like, wut?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:29 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

hey brian

do you think cheeky could be a scums

because i think cheeky is a scums
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:30 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Hey gooey what do you think of nsg/my case on her
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 950, T-Bone wrote:I don't think town!Brian would pull my entire ISO to prove a case. I don't think town!anyone would do that on any player.
Also, I have and I would.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

north is still guttown to me

i dont really remember your case, i remember vaguely feeling like it was more personality-based or based on your experience with her than something I thought was particularly scummy
im not reading over stuff tonight though so ill either do it later or i'd take a summary if you want to make a quick one
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 957, Gammagooey wrote:hey brian

do you think cheeky could be a scums

because i think cheeky is a scums
Oh, you think so? I kind of gloss over her posts.

I was actually okay with the wagon on her during my reread since it seemed like she was bouncing around without any rhyme or reason (and I can see scum doing that and others scumreading her for that sort of behavior, although I'm unsure if that's why most of you were voting her). I was kind of okay with her in the last few pages in regards to Reck, but I don't remember why I was.

I didn't like her Vecna townread, and I haven't bothered to check if she's indeed scumreading everyone who votes her (which is just lol if this is the case because I think she's admitted to trying to pull attention to herself).
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 952, Gammagooey wrote:tbone i physically can't read your wall right meow staring at it is giving me a headache

do your own waffling for a bit instead of outsourcing it and i'll come back and try to read it again later
Do you even know what waffling is? I don't think you do.

My post wasn't even that long, so don't even try to pull that crap.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 960, Gammagooey wrote:north is still guttown to me

i dont really remember your case, i remember vaguely feeling like it was more personality-based or based on your experience with her than something I thought was particularly scummy
im not reading over stuff tonight though so ill either do it later or i'd take a summary if you want to make a quick one
I mean that's about it but you're devaluing a little thing called meta. I feel like with my meta experience nsg is very in the wrong about her read on me and the fact she hasn't cared at all to fix that ever proves she is scum to me
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:38 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I haven't gotten the feeling TBone has been waffling at all this game, so not sure why everyone keeps labeling it as such.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:44 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 953, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 951, hyung wrote:i'll post later when i'm less busy. or when cheeky is more dead
More votes here please.
Guys why are you letting this cruise by? Why is hyung making his reenteance dependent on my lynch? He is literally dodging answering to his scum read on me and my case on him.

He used up our VCs so now we only have 1 official one left. Make him answer to his bs or you'll be left wondering later with half the game unsorted.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:45 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 965, CheekyTeeky wrote:He used up our VCs so now we only have 1 official one left.
This is untrue. We've only used half of them.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:47 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 966, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 965, CheekyTeeky wrote:He used up our VCs so now we only have 1 official one left.
This is untrue. We've only used half of them.
I thought we got 4?
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:48 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Yeah seriously. I'm accusing Brian of building a scum case and even he isn't taking the low hanging fruit despite being given an excuse to do so.

Preedit: I am currently voting hyung, Cheeky(haven't switched yet)...so at the very least you could entertain my questions about Brian. I post things like that for the benefit of the town and the benefit of my own read, so it would be nice to have some feedback.

(and no Brian, I am not ignoring your feedback, I saw it)

Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:48 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I didn't say anything. :roll:
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:49 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Anyway that's beside the point. The point is he's purposely committing anti-town behaviour which he is not answering to and you are all fine with it.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 968, T-Bone wrote:Yeah seriously. I'm accusing Brian of building a scum case and even he isn't taking the low hanging fruit despite being given an excuse to do so.

Preedit: I am currently voting hyung, Cheeky(haven't switched yet)...so at the very least you could entertain my questions about Brian. I post things like that for the benefit of the town and the benefit of my own read, so it would be nice to have some feedback.

(and no Brian, I am not ignoring your feedback, I saw it)
I'm letting you two play out. I'll give my thoughts when it's clear you two are done.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:53 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

Scum team: arcangel cheeky brian
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:53 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Try again.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:54 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

Like you really dont think cheeky and arc are scummy as fuck?
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”