R2D 001: Adventures in Space!

This subforum is for additional threads for
ongoing
Mish Mash games. If a game has multiple active threads at once, all but the first one should be made in this forum.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

R2D 001: Adventures in Space!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:15 am

Post by James Brafin »

Hello players! Welcome to Roll 2 Dodge 001!
Your moderator is James Brafin, and your comod is The Worst. (LOL)

Player list:
Iconeum
Brassherald
Inferno390
Selynee

Character stats will be posted and updated in post #1.
Summary of current Campaign will be posted and updated in #2

The signup thread is viewtopic.php?f=10&t=75858&p=10094696#p10094696

Skills:
Basic: These require no special skills to use.
Perception
Dodge
Religion
Melee
Logic
Survival
Repair
Firearms

Learned Skills: These require a corresponding skill to use.
Piloting
Hacking
Espionage
Construct
Handle Beasts
Geology
Heal
Archeology
Alien Knowledge

Magic Skills: These not only require a skill to use, but are the "magical" skiils; to use magic you must have one of these! We are using the Domain/School system, combined with Freeform for more variety. A basic skill has 10 energy points, and an extra skill point spent in that Domain/School gives an addtional 2 energy points.
Nano (Control of nanotech; think the traditional wizard or sorcerer in D&D or Pathfinder.)
Astral (One of the religious magics; utilizes heavenly forces in the form of healing, blasts of light, and other cleric-like magic.)
Alien (Mental connection with native life forms, disease and spore control, etc.)
Psychic (The second religious magic; literally the Force)
Planetary (Passive traveling magic, effectively allowing you to flicker in and out of existence and/or control the planet's intrinsic energies, among other things.)
Occult (The third and final religious magic; think Eldritch alien demon horror worshipers and magic. Specializes in insanity, summoning, and other fun Chuthulu-y stuff.)
Melding (The ability to literally bond at a physical level with objects and transfer your consciousness to the result, effectively becoming physically and metaphysically one with them.)
Last edited by James Brafin on Fri May 18, 2018 10:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
A new R2D game is in signups! Running Alpha v1.3 Link here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80343
Get to know a handsome potato: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=76837
Making the world more educated, one uneducated person at a time.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:21 am

Post by James Brafin »

Character Sheets

Spoiler: Ircher (replacing Iconeum)
???

*HoC

All my life has been spent on studying medicin. Healing is my passion. I'll do anything to heal those I deem worthy of being healed. I have no trouble denying aid to those I deem unworthy. Because it's a stressfull job, I also have a hobby. I like to shoot guns. A lot. It helps me relax. I like the smell of gunpowder in the morning. Or at any time of the day, really.

*Motivation 1

I have decided to go on a journey with a few people I met, hoping to find new ways to practice medicine and to have fun doing this. I also brought my collection of guns for protection.

*Motivation 2

Guns. I love them. I want them. I need them. My collection needs to grow, and I've got just about any gun there is around here. I heard that place we are going to has some funky stuff, there just HAS to be something special to be found for my collection. Yes, yes there has to be.

*Skill Points

Perception +1
Dodge +1
Logic +1
Survival +1
Firearms +2
Repair +1

Heal +2
Alien +1
Astral +1

Spoiler: Inferno390
HOC:
To use alien tech to benifit mankind

Motivations:
Find a way to manipulate alien tech
To understand the aliens' past

Skills:
2 Points Alien Knowledge
2 Points Survival
2 Point Piloting
3 Points Nano
2 Points Archeology

Spoiler: Brassherald
So character is going to be named Thomas Grintar.

HoC- he wants to be the most famous space privateer in the Galaxy.

Motivations- 1. Earn enough to own a great spaceship of his own.
2. Earn the respect of a ruling entity to the point where they officially bring him on as a privateer.

Skills:
2 points in piloting
2 in repair
1 firearms
1 melee
1 dodge
1 in planetary
1 in meld
1 in hacking
+1 Diplomacy

Spoiler: Selynee
Name: Selynee

HoC: Be the ruler of a prosperous traditional community on this planet.

Motivation: Gain respect.
Motivation: Learn more about our ancient culture.

Skills
Dodge:1
Survival:2
Religion:1
Melee:1

Learned skills
Handle beasts:1
Heal:2
Archeology:1

Magic skills:
Alien: 1

1 Unspent

Loaded Dice:

Inferno: 0
Brass: 0
Selynee: 1
Ircher: 1
Last edited by James Brafin on Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
A new R2D game is in signups! Running Alpha v1.3 Link here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80343
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:52 am

Post by James Brafin »

Planet XF0-6RB, better known as Morpha. A world where the very ground is infested with a parasite that makes it unstable, the air one breathes has a benign bug that is long dormant.
The entire planet has been overwhelmed by Nanites, and so all things have them in their bodies. Though one can leave through a rigorous cleansing process, most who come to the planet spend the rest of their lives here, working to make the inhospitable planet more suitable for human life.
On the planet's surface, in a small skyport on the edge of the Roil, a man paces with great anxiety. He was supposed to meet with his latest employees an hour ago, and this man prefers to be on time. A hot desert wind blows through him, and he shakes the dust from his fedora with impatience. Then, over the horizon, comes the thrum of a lancruz, and he sighs in relief. The new help is here.

==================================================== (Sorry, I'm taking over characters for dialogue and story purpose for a moment. If you have issues with what the character says, let me know.)
"Our new help is going to kill us." Selynee muttered as she looks out the front window. "I told you we should have left early!"
"Relax. It's not like he has anything better to do." Iconeum spins his lazer pistol lazily in his seat, spinning it around as Thomas and Inferno pilot the craft. "Besides, it's your fault we didn't leave on time!"
"Really?" Selynee shoots back, annoyance obvious. "After the crap you just pulled? You want to go there?"
"Everyone shut up!" Inferno snaps back at his comrades. "We don't have time for this!" A panel on his dashboard beeps, and glancing down, his face pales. "Thomas, we have a problem. There's a nanostorm coming in from the north-east. With our direction and speed, it's going to sweep right over us unless we do something fast!"
"Gosh darnit. Thanks Inferno," Thomas grunts as he leans over the controls. "Okay, everyone hold on!"

The game has started! Make your own rolls, and tell me what you want to do below! Have fun everyone!
Last edited by James Brafin on Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #3) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:33 am

Post by James Brafin »

As the plane jerks upward, Thomas glances around at his crew. Inferno has gone quiet to try and interact with the storm, Iconeum is trying to asses the situation while he stares out the window, and Selynee seems to have panicked and is pacing back and forth, muttering something about "getting down in the face of a large storm." But his piloting skills are no match for the storm, and he easily avoids the danger. Then Inferno's eyes pop open. "We have company," he says quietly as his eyes lose their metallic glow. "There's things in that storm. I connected with them. I was able to redirect the storm, but whatever those things I sensed were, they're hungry -- and see us as lunch in their territory."
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #4) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:12 am

Post by James Brafin »

In post 11, Selynee wrote:"You say you were able to connect with them? Interesting...there are a few species here which are able to do this. And they all have certain characteristics in common. Let see...hive mind, able to connect with your mind but it works in both directions. Maybe I could establish a rudimentary form of communication with them, but I need to relax and open my mind which is not so easy in these conditions..."

1D6 182729106

Alien roll
Due to the stress and issues in these conditions, you take a -1 to your check. However, that's still a success!
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #5) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:05 pm

Post by James Brafin »

To teleport something that large will use all of your energy, and leave you in a comatose stat for at least a few hours. In addition, you take a -1 on the check because of your level. Are you sure this is what you want to do?
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #6) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:19 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Just leave it, it probably be important info later.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Thomas' neat moves prove successful, and you pull just ahead of the storm. Unfortunately, this takes you off course slightly, but that can be adjusted.
Inferno recalls something about these creatures preferring to stay within the storm and being able to interact with it. It may be possible that killing them will lessen the storm.
Selynee feels outward and connects with one of the creatures. It's thinking about taking down the ship and eating the people, but it seems mildly curious that two people have now connected with it. "Who are you?" It ask telepathically, but in an obviously n0n-sentient way.
Iconeum, you have thought for a bit and decided on tow courses of action: you could either go up to the gun bay and try to shoot some of those things down, or you could try to overload the fuel systems and tech on the ship to gain a temporary speed boost, which is probably a skill for Thomas or Inferno. (Nano, Piloting, Hacking, and Repair will all help on that roll, but only two can be chosen before the roll is attempted.)
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #8) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:34 am

Post by James Brafin »

In post 24, Iconeum wrote:*a ship?

I will go to the gun bay and man the biggest gun there is. Not shooting until Selynee and inferno disconnect.
For playing to your HoC, you get 1 Loaded Die! You may use this to reroll any roll once.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #9) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:05 pm

Post by James Brafin »

In post 24, Iconeum wrote:*a ship?

I will go to the gun bay and man the biggest gun there is. Not shooting until Selynee and inferno disconnect.
Ico, Selynee has no intention of disconnecting. Would you like to make a different action in the meantime?
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #10) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:42 am

Post by James Brafin »

Thomas runs some calculations, but the chaotic nature of the edge of the storm means he is unable to alter your course in such a fashion that it avoids the storm.
Selynee, you retain contact. After explaining who you are, the creatures send you an image of... something. You're pretty sure it looks like a lock mechanism, composed of crystals and energy beams, but you have no idea to what. It seems like this is their way of identifying themselves?... Maybe it will come in handy later.
Inferno, you WAY overshoot your attempt and cause the storm to knock the creatures out of the air. They go hurtling to the ground, but don't worry! They will be fine. They storm will buoy them up again before they get hurt. On the upside, they can't attack you anymore. On the downside, you just made the storm a lot stronger. You may want to get to base fast, but that's going to mean cutting through the storm.
Ico, you grumble something and sit down.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #11) » Tue May 01, 2018 1:13 pm

Post by James Brafin »

The way I like to handle big rolls like these is to add the results together, then see if it beats a certain number, in this case 10. So you pass (barely).
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #12) » Tue May 01, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Now you really pass. Nice teamwork you two!
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #13) » Sun May 06, 2018 3:06 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Selynee, you try and reach out to them, but there is a sudden foreign presence in your mind -- and not a benevolent one. It has only one message for you:
Die. Kill. Eat.
It's terribly frightening.
You become
Shaken,
and take a -1 to all rolls that require focus until you get minor rest. Also, you may not attempt to connect with these creatures again for at least 1 action.

Thomas/Inferno, you successfully override the saftey mechanisms on the ship and shoot off through the storm. While the ship takes minor structural damage from going so fast and the storm, you make it through safely and hop out of your high speed in front of the storm, and close to the base! While Ico cheers you on, it's time to make a landing (piloting check, 5+ to succed)
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #14) » Fri May 11, 2018 2:18 am

Post by James Brafin »

Is Ico not going to do anything? If not, I can continue the story today.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #15) » Mon May 14, 2018 3:55 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Lol okay.
Thomas and Inferno land the ship successfully, and they breathe a sigh of relief. Selynee has fallen asleep in her seat, and Ico is now relaxing as well.

Then there is a thrumming from the platform as the shield goes up, protecting you as the storm slams into the landing pad. A knock at the entrance hatch on the ships startles you, and you hear a muffled voice say, "Can I come in?"
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #16) » Wed May 16, 2018 9:19 am

Post by James Brafin »

The man backs away from the door at the sight of all the guns pointed at him. "Whoa! Talk about paranoid. I'm the fellow who called you here, in case you can't tell. I'm one of the few original settlers left in this area."
The man is older, but walks with a natural spring to his step -- somehow he has retained his litheness and flexibility from his younger years. "I'm glad you made it through the storm safely; I've been waiting for you, afraid that you would not make it. Those Elementi can be real pains, can't they?"
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #17) » Fri May 18, 2018 10:07 am

Post by James Brafin »

The man nods. "That's what we call the local life forms around here. They're half-organinc, half-inorganic beings that form and live in this area, which we call the Roil because of it's unpredictability and dangerousness."

The man gives Selynee a weird look before he continues. "I've asked you all here to help the local scientists with an interesting development. An ancient temple has been unearthed deeper in the Roil, and the Elementi have become interested in it, congregating around it and protecting in from approach. We'd like to get a look inside at whatever they are protecting, but they become super aggressive whenever we approach. However, we have managed to discover an alternate entrance through a cave system nearby that should be easier to penetrate. We want you to go in and get pictures of the temple, maybe some samples of the stone and stuff from inside, Find out what the native fauna is so interested in, then bring them back here for us to study."

Thomas is able to appraise and repair most of the damage on the ship. He does discover, however, that one of the engines was damaged in the escape. It will still run, but at far lower power, which will slow down the ship. You won't be able to perform a Mach Burst a second time without getting it fixed and perhaps fortified. (Piloting/repair/construct check, 8+ to repair, 13+ to fortify)

Mod Notes:
Ico, that's going to require a roll.
Adding a new basic skill: Diplomacy. Allows you to increase the friendliness of sentient beings you meet. Adding all skills to the opening post.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #18) » Fri May 18, 2018 10:07 am

Post by James Brafin »

The man nods. "That's what we call the local life forms around here. They're half-organinc, half-inorganic beings that form and live in this area, which we call the Roil because of it's unpredictability and dangerousness."

The man gives Selynee a weird look before he continues. "I've asked you all here to help the local scientists with an interesting development. An ancient temple has been unearthed deeper in the Roil, and the Elementi have become interested in it, congregating around it and protecting in from approach. We'd like to get a look inside at whatever they are protecting, but they become super aggressive whenever we approach. However, we have managed to discover an alternate entrance through a cave system nearby that should be easier to penetrate. We want you to go in and get pictures of the temple, maybe some samples of the stone and stuff from inside, Find out what the native fauna is so interested in, then bring them back here for us to study."

Thomas is able to appraise and repair most of the damage on the ship. He does discover, however, that one of the engines was damaged in the escape. It will still run, but at far lower power, which will slow down the ship. You won't be able to perform a Mach Burst a second time without getting it fixed and perhaps fortified. (Piloting/repair/construct check, 8+ to repair, 13+ to fortify)

Mod Notes:
Ico, that's going to require a roll.
Adding a new basic skill: Diplomacy. Allows you to increase the friendliness of sentient beings you meet. Adding all skills to the opening post.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #19) » Fri May 18, 2018 10:08 am

Post by James Brafin »

Oh, and one more thing: Everyone gains 1 skill point for that little escapade!
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #20) » Mon May 21, 2018 4:56 am

Post by James Brafin »

Prodding Brass and Selynee
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #21) » Thu May 24, 2018 8:26 am

Post by James Brafin »

Everything looks pretty safe and secure, other than that giant-ass storm that's swirling around you and buffeting the shield. You're on a metal landing platform on the edge of a small research town (which means there is no need for Selynee to build a camp). Ico heads back in to help repair, and between him, Thomas, and Inferno, you manage to fortify the engine!

Anyone who is piloting the Lancruz has a new combat/utility maneuver available!

Mach Burst

Dodge/Piloting 10+
On success, your craft makes a short burst in speed, allowing you to avoid enemies and travel long distances very quickly.

The man smiles and tips his fedora. "While we wait for that storm to abate, would you all like to rest in the town and restock your supplies and fuel? We don't see many visitors out this far, but I can promise food and a place to rest before you head out.

Mod Notes:

Updating the stat blocks for everyone now. Don't forget about that Loaded Die, Ico!
Selynee, this guy is reserved around you because of what he perceives as erratic behavior. You'll need to make a diplomacy check of 4+ to remove that. If his additude drops any lower, he may become difficult to work with. However, I want you to take a Loaded Die as well fro playing to your character.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #22) » Thu May 24, 2018 8:29 am

Post by James Brafin »

Selynee, I'd also like to remind you that you have an unspent skill point.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #23) » Thu May 24, 2018 8:33 am

Post by James Brafin »

Oop, missed Ico's request.

"The easiest way to handle those creatures is a strong electric shock. That stuns them ling enough to get away safely. They're pretty hard to kill because they're so readily mutable, but I assume they do have a weakness.
We have high-power tazers in town if y'all want some. I don't like to leave town without one, just in case an Elementi kicks up."
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #24) » Sun May 27, 2018 10:17 am

Post by James Brafin »

Ico, you'll have to go into town to get a zapper.
Sure, you could outfit the ship! But that will require a construct/repair check
Selynee, your employer is not impressed. At all.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #25) » Mon May 28, 2018 9:13 am

Post by James Brafin »

Ico, you head to town and start to ask around about the Zappers. You can't find anything though;
did you use the wrong approach?

Brassherald, despite your parlay skills, you are unable to convince your guide to send anyone along. "It's just not safe," He explains. "It's bad enough taht we have to ask you, I don't want anyone else bogging you down."

Mod Notes:
I have some bad news.

I'm going to be out of town from the 31st to the 8th, and again from the 11th to the 16th, for vacation. Niether times will I have acess to the internet, so I will not be able to keep up with the game.

In leiu of this, the worst will be in charge during those dates. I will also have to find a temporary sub for Inferno390, because he will also be out of town with me (relatives).
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #26) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:10 am

Post by James Brafin »

After some searching you discover some tasers in storage that no one is using. While you examine them, a man approaches you and says “Those are mine, but I’ll happily trade or sell them to you.” (Diplomacy roll)
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #27) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:44 am

Post by James Brafin »

:eek: holy cripe
Progression in a few hours.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #28) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:19 pm

Post by James Brafin »

The man sells you the tasers for incredibly cheap, so everyone can have one and several batteries.
Does anyone need anything else before you head out?
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #29) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:10 am

Post by James Brafin »

Have we made a decision?
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #30) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:26 am

Post by James Brafin »

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to the thread. I have been super busy with work. :p
That being said can we please not split up the party? I’d be cool with it if there were more people but with only four it makes it very difficult to balance the game.

Also yes the ship has weapons and the creatures do not meat. They’re made of nanites and dirt. Basically they just suck the life out of things and use it to fill their own bodies. It’s not exactly the most pleasant way to go.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #31) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:47 pm

Post by James Brafin »

I will find a replacement immediately thanks for letting me know.

Oh my gosh selynee I love your character
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #32) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:00 am

Post by James Brafin »

Ircher replaces Ico. Welcome!
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #33) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:21 am

Post by James Brafin »

Do you need any extra supplies before you head out?
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #34) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:16 am

Post by James Brafin »

As the storm abates, you return to your ship and With your guides directions take off. You soon find yourself at a large depression in the ground with a giant spire sticking out of it, surrounded by pits and tunnels and more of the strange beings you saw earlier, cloaked in vibrant colors of yellow and brown, dark red and orange. You quickly land at some distance, near an entrance to a tunnel system — presumably the one that leads into the complex before you. With any luck, there will be no more of the elementals inside it and no other adventures within. Unfortunately, as your gunner wryly points out, luck hasn’t exactly been with you today.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #35) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:20 am

Post by James Brafin »

Mod notes:
Ircher, would you like a new name for your character or are you cool with just using your own name for the time being? Also, just to let you know you have one loaded die that you can use anytime this allows you to reroll any action and take either a result. If you haven’t already, it’s probably in your best interest to go ahead and read the entire thread because it’s only six pages long.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #36) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:41 pm

Post by James Brafin »

There are no non-humans that you know of. Turning on the cloaking device, you step into the cave and start heading down. Though the surface is quite warm, down here it is cool and damp, and the walls appear to be made of sandstone laced with streaks of slate. The entire area is relaxed and unthreatening, and you feel at ease here.

Cavern stretch 1/5:
All players get one free action. Do with it as you will.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #37) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:42 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Of course, there will still be a roll required if applicable...
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #38) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:03 pm

Post by James Brafin »

For?
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #39) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:50 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Inferno, that’s a survival/perception check.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #40) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:12 am

Post by James Brafin »

You find nothing of interest, Selynee. In fact, this cave looks natural and wouldn’t have any artifacts anyways...
Inferno, you find nothing, but your awareness is heightened, and you gain the Temp Modifier Vigilant! (+1 to all survival checks) it will last until you rest.
Ircher, your prayers seem to work, and you sense... something up ahead. You’re not sure what it is, but it doesn’t seem malevolent. You can’t exactly parse it’s attitude though.

Cavern stretch 2/5
All players please make a perception roll now.
Last edited by James Brafin on Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #41) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:32 am

Post by James Brafin »

Inferno stops and points ahead. “Hey, look!” A large grey exoskeleton lies on the floor, seemingly from some sort of alien insect. Though long dead, the party approaches it with caution, for even the earth breathes on this planet. But the carcass remains unmoving, and you are safe to examine it — for now.

You may perform actions as you wish. When you are ready, simply say move on, and when the party is completely ready, we shall.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #42) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:42 am

Post by James Brafin »

Between Selynee and Inferno, you determine the thing is very much dead, the insides completely
removed by some sort of proboscis
, judging from the fist-sized hole on the thing’s head. The chitin is hard and like iron, and
could be useful.
However, it’s too big and heavy to carry, so
you’ll have to work it here
if you want to use it.

A unsettling wind suddenly blows down the tunnel, almost unnatural.
Perhaps it has a meaning, if only one is able to discern it...
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #43) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Since this has nothing to do with the planet, no.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #44) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:46 am

Post by James Brafin »

Brass has been prodded.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #45) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:14 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Oh, I misread that. :p
Yes you can use planetary for that.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #46) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:17 pm

Post by James Brafin »

As the carcass reforms into two pieces of half plate armor, you can feel energy from Inferno and Thomas being expended. Both lose two points of energy each for this feat. However, you now have two sets of half plate chitin armor.

Ircher, you can’t make out what the wind means yet.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (isolation #47) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Sorry for the delay, moving on...

Selynee and Inferno both don the armor and you continue down the passage. It’s light, but bulky and tough, and shouldn’t hinder you too much...

Cavern 3/5
Suddenly you feel the ground quake. Everyone
Roll to Dodge!
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #48) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:40 pm

Post by James Brafin »

That’s a dodge roll btw.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #49) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:21 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Well, that was a three.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #50) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:04 am

Post by James Brafin »

A giant Rock Wurm bursts out of the ground, sending the earth — and you — flying! Inferno, Selynee, and Ircher all make their rolls, even with the -1 penalty for the armor (surprise! So Inferno has a 4, Selynee a 6) But Brass fails and is knocked prone (requires one full action to remove, you may not move or perform complex actions while prone).

Because of their high rolls, Selynee and Ircher both get a suprise round action! Both of you may make one action before the first combat phase.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #51) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:30 am

Post by James Brafin »

Sorry for taking so long.
Ircher, you fire your taser, but on a creature this large it has minimal effect. You may need to overclock it to have any real effect.
Selynee, you get a Blessing! You get a +1 bonus to all checks for the rest of this scene!
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #52) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:31 am

Post by James Brafin »

All may now make an action.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #53) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:50 am

Post by James Brafin »

The worm turns an snarls, uncowed by the show of force, and attacks Selynee!

Bull Rush Manuver
Original Roll String: 1d6+1
1 6-Sided Dice: (3)+1 = 4

Roll to Dodge (If applicable)
Original Roll String: 1d6-1
1 6-Sided Dice: (6)-1 = 5

Inferno, you realize two things: one, this thing needs a shot to the mouth, and two, it would not like a ceiling collapse.
The right action might help here...
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #54) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:51 am

Post by James Brafin »

The Worm misses and burrows into the wall instead. You are lucky, for now.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #55) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:54 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Sorry it’s been so long. Been super busy.

As Selynee runs and ducks behind a large boulder (and earns herself another loaded die), Brass fires at the worm and is successful in aiming! Meantime Inferno and Ircher work to figure out how to bring the roof down but aren’t successful yet.

Worm Rolls to Dodge!
Original Roll String: 1d6
1 6-Sided Dice: (6) = 6
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #56) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:55 pm

Post by James Brafin »

The worm shakes off the attack and swings for Brass in a primal rage!
Original Roll String: 1d6+1
1 6-Sided Dice: (5)+1 = 6
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #57) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:56 pm

Post by James Brafin »

That’s a hit! Brass, Roll to Dodge!
Original Roll String: 1d6
1 6-Sided Dice: (3) = 3
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #58) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:56 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Brass is successful at avoiding the attack (barely.)
You may make actions.
Last edited by James Brafin on Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #59) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:13 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Ircher sees a weak point in the ceiling. He also realizes that if the worm could be lured under it, there’s a stalagmite there that would skewer it. Brass is no help.
The beast is overwhelmed by Selynee’s mental attack and will take a -1 to checks for a few turns.
Waiting on Inferno.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #60) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:56 pm

Post by James Brafin »

In case this wasn’t obvious, due to being really behind, busy, and having updated R2D far beyond its original state, I have decided to prematurely end this game. I apologize for the inconvenience; if any of you are still interested, I plan to begin a general discussion thread within The Arcade this October, after I return from a trip. Thank you all for playtesting, I learned a lot from it and do appreciate it. I will be contacting a mod to lock this and the signup thread.

Return to “Frogstar World B”