Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 17, Ellibereth wrote:Thanks guys - I'll edit in a short speech later!

As for my "secret":

In short, its an absurd amount of reusable research out of game. I think my in thread vs. out of thread work ratio is much, much more heavily skewed to the latter than anyone else.

Mainly two classes of work that both fall under the umbrella "meta": Personality Analysis and Post data.

Former is doing research on the players. How old are they? Where do they live? Where did they go to school? What do they do for work? What is their life like? How do they view the world? etc.etc. There's generally a lot of this stuff scattered in GD/speakeasy/facebook/the internet as a whole. For some cases I can conclude I have a rough sense of how this sort of person thinks and we can stop there and I can just read their posts from that context and see if they make sense. For many others I have to look in my general network for people with similar backgrounds to the target as models to try and figure out how someone I don't understand as well might tick.

Latter is just looking at word choice/timestamps/post structure/and related things. Most players don't put a lot of effort in making sure they're playing differently beyond very general things, and small habits unconsciously slip through. This is the side where some patterns are easier to discover programmatically.

In thread the focus is generally on presenting things in such a way that minimizes the possibility for targets to fight back with the bonus that this method makes stuff more reusable since less is revealed.

I think I've written the above in various scattered places so might as well centralize. :P
Awesome.

So to beat you, I need to become an antisocial French teenage girl who hates her family and enjoys casual dating and toxicity.

Challenge accepted.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:52 pm