Micro 789 - Alternating 9p - Mafia wins

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1302 (isolation #200) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:39 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Assuming ank/love isn't the team of course. I think ank/cheeky is more likely.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1311 (isolation #201) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:07 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 1303, BlackVoid wrote:
In post 1301, BuJaber wrote:I don't agree with you that cheeky is coming off as genuine. It feels like she has an agenda and a strategy.
You really think scum would get so pissed off that they'd tell me not to join games with them just because I caught them? It'd be different if someone was being objectively toxic but I don't think I said anything at all that crossed the line. I just tried to lynch her.

Honestly I missed that point. But no I'm pretty sure I've seen scum saying that. Was in a game where an SK vs scum went all out in an argument and it pretty much descended into insults and I doubt either of them would play with the other again.

I am not saying cheeky is like that I have no idea what her meta is but there are definitely scum that use the "don't play with me" line.

This is especially true if you are scum and you are trying to imitate your town game. It feels frustrating when you get caught because in your mind you played just like you do as town so it sort of feels like you will be mislynched if you ever play with the same people again and you roll town.

Anyway regarding GL part of why I never townread him except recently by PoE .. is because he is very active with reads but doesn't seem very active with votes and actually trying to get the lynch.

His posts do read like town unsure of himself but he is very non committal to his reads to the point it comes off as scummy.

The vote on ank is the first time all game where I felt that his vote is actually going to get someone lynched.

But he doesn't work as a partner with cheeky I feel.
So I guess if we lynch ank and she's scum then lynch love and she flips town then at lylo I'll have to decide whether I trust your read on cheeky more than mine or not.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1312 (isolation #202) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:12 pm

Post by BuJaber »

If ank flips town it definity points to love/cheeky right?
Yeah I don't see ank flipping town but if she does that has to be the team.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1362 (isolation #203) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:25 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Lol if cheeky is town it has to be GL /love.

Doesn't matter though the lynch order is still the same regardless of Ank's flip, love is next to guarantee one scum down at least.

Actually if ank is town... cheeky might be acting like this because she is scum with GL.

Blackvoid since you will probably be killed could you share last thoughts which you think is more likely (if ank is town.. if ank is scum we win no worries).

Love/Gl or love/cheeky?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1363 (isolation #204) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:26 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Or cheeky/GL
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1364 (isolation #205) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:27 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Man cheeky/GL can't make sense man.. but post 1354 1361 make me a little worried.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1367 (isolation #206) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:55 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Day 2 play also. Day 2 has a very definitive progression away from love once it became clear she would have been lynched.

Icon claiming cop pretty much guaranteed love lynch.
Love lynch was derailed. I read ank's play as whiteknighting but Void and others thought it was possibly a defence of her partner. But if she is town I don't see any world in which both she and cheeky are town. So the simplest explanation is that someone who could have hammered did not want to because love is their partner. Once other candidates for lynch came up cheeky pushed for them.

So yeah I agree with love/cheeky.
Love/GL probably would have had more activity from them. Also cheeky was the first to mention love/GL as a possibility but then didn't seriously consider it and kept pushing the 1v1 narrative.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1398 (isolation #207) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:14 am

Post by BuJaber »

First of all analyzing teams helps you choose which scumread to lynch first. As you yourself say the focus becomes after someone flips scum for sure. When you can't decide who to lynch between two or three scumreads you start looking at who's flip eliminates potential teammates, so that you reduce chance as much as possible. All that matters to town is that all scum are lynched before game ends. When you don't have hard guilties if you can maximize the knowledge gained from each lynch you maximize your chances of eventually catching all scum.

Second of all have you ever actually pointed out what in my play is scummy. Maybe provide some examples? Open yourself up to getting people to comment on your read instead of just saying "cheeky is 100% town and Buj is 100% scum y'all are bad"

From Ank's perspective the scumteam has to be either me and love or me and GL. Those two teams aren't logical at all. If you summarize all of GL's posts you come up with "Buj is scum". His entire game is bussing his partner? No way.
As for love look at how we've butted heads. Does it make sense? Does it make sense that I pushed for her lynch so much if she were my partner?

I don't even agree that my play has been scummy but even if you believe it you cannot ignore the potential scumteams. That is intentionally ignoring relevant game info.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1416 (isolation #208) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:48 am

Post by BuJaber »

It's not up to me void. GL has to vote for cheeky instead of me.

I have the advantage of knowing I am town and being attacked since the beginning. GL if town is the one being buddied and has to deal with the uncertainty.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1422 (isolation #209) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:17 am

Post by BuJaber »

Icon since you're conftown in day 3 make sure you are the hammerer. Don't vote at all before L-1 please.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1426 (isolation #210) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:16 am

Post by BuJaber »

A lot but not as much as I want to lynch obvscum.

VOTE: cheeky
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1474 (isolation #211) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:15 pm

Post by BuJaber »

I'm sorry I miscalculated I thought we needed 4 to lynch today so I wanted to see how people vote and then Icon could come in and hammer.

Cheeky now you're saying I'm obvtown?
You had me confused too much I couldn't see you as town.
I knew you couldn't be scum with GL. GL was pretty obvious to me as scum until you started hyperposting in day 2 after ank replaced in. If you notice GL didn't do much to stop the love wagon because he scumread her so couldn't. You and ank derailing the love wagon looked to me like a scumclaim. I didn't think any scum would be defending them and push for other people as much as you (and to some extent ank) did unless love was their buddy. Ank flipped town so you had to be the scum with love.
So I had a choice to lynch love first or you first. I chose you because I figured town!GL would definitely lynch love over me in lylo but if you were alive his tunnel on me might blind him.
Love/GL team was in my mind but I thought that there was no way you would vote for GL at lylo and I would also be inclined to vote for you so what the hell if you are town I wanted to rip the bandaid as soon as possible and end this horrible game.

Can I get an apology now that people know I'm town? Was very frustrating. Day 1 I understand most of you never played with me but by the time we got to ank replacement time I felt I was so obvious.
We would have lynched love according to plan if nobody pushed me.

Sorry if I upset anyone during the heated moments.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1475 (isolation #212) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:16 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Noob lylo mistake from my part with the early vote
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1478 (isolation #213) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:28 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Yeah omg it was 5 alive.. I counted BV with the living players even though I knew he died.

I don't know if it would have been enough I was pretty tunneled on cheeky by the end there but yeah at 3p lylo there was a chance she and I could reach an understanding. So I apologize. Also sorry NM you are pretty good at reading people I wish you would start posting a little more so people could read you better. I was comparing this game with the one where mathdino replaced in at lylo and you were a bit more aggresive there with your reads even if they were wrong.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1479 (isolation #214) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:31 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Don't discount how bad for us it was that zz and chris lurked. Two town lurkers. If they posted game would have taken a different turn
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1487 (isolation #215) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:44 pm

Post by BuJaber »

BV pretty much nailed it with the first paragraph.
I'm sorry you felt I was biased. It was probably some blindisidedness and also the fact that cheeky seemed to perk up when he saw you posting but was sort of scumreading you and townreading you and flip flopping a lot. I had convinced myself Love v Your slot was TvS. I was also convinced that lynching love even if she is town was the absolutely best lynch at the time. I got so wrapped up in the excitement that I had solved the game I wasn't able to fully see things from your pov. It just seemed obvious to me that love had to be lynched and also that I do not make sense with any body else as a team. Once I explained that several times and went through my PoE of scum teams I figured people would agree to lynch love. It came as a little shock that you and cheeky kept disagreeing.

I think you had the disadvantage of replacing in late. I really feel some of the things you were saying could not be acceptable by anybody who was here from the start.

Ehh live and learn. I should have stuck to my guns amd continued to scumread GL no matter what other people did and also insisted on lynching love first. Cheeky self-voting etc did not make sense to me from a townie. I don't know why she felt so threatened. Yes we were suspecting her but she would have only been lynched the next day. And we could have maybe talked about it some more then. Imagine if she had hammered love. Void wouldn't have been outed. Cheeky would have looked a lot townier and GL would have been in a really difficult situation.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1493 (isolation #216) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:06 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 1490, Lovebird wrote:Still for real don't understand why people scumread me.

Generally passive behavior. Occasional lurking. Reads felt lazy at times. You didn't really build 'cases' on people just sort of plain reads.

I dunno. Sometimes it's a lot of gut feeling.
But that 3 way convo early day 1 between you rask and GL was definitely not organic conversation amongst townies led me to suspect 1 scum was in that group. Turns out it was 2 scum.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”