Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1724, Elbirn wrote:
In post 1722, Shattiel wrote:Btw can I get a list of people who claimed? And those who already used their cards.

Only the people alive ofc
I am a stage 0 card crush. Once per game I can destroy one other players spell card. I still have my card.
How are you stage 0? That means you could do it pregame.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:52 am

Post by Elbirn »

I got dumb and thought day 1 was zero
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:53 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

OK then, all fine.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Shattiel
Shattiel
Goon
Shattiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:53 am

Post by Shattiel »

You missed your chance to use it?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Please read the rules
in fact read all mod posts, you'll be smarter for it.
<Embrace The Void>

Shattiel
Shattiel
Goon
Shattiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:00 am

Post by Shattiel »

In post 850, Human Sequencer wrote:No elbirn it's an alignment check
I cop two and crush one of their cards
In post 851, Human Sequencer wrote:Elbirn it looks like ur role is more of a balancing factor to my role as opposed to a counterclaim
In post 862, Human Sequencer wrote:Regardless some setup spec before I get nuked

Seems like the main utility we have in cards is
a. Vote count trickery (we have Kats role as an example and the fact that fg is intentionally distancing votecounts, I doubt that'd be for just one role)
B. The status of whether somebody has or hasn't used their spell card, and also crushing said spellcards
(Dunn can cop cardcrushed players, elbirn can crush a players card, I can cop two players with cards and crush one)
I think you guys should get off elbirn's wagon right now.. HS just spew both him ans Dunn town here...

Instead of suspecting Dunn and Elbirn what HS did here is convince everyone that his role just fits in with Elbirn's/Dunn's claim this is TMI.
Shattiel
Shattiel
Goon
Shattiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:01 am

Post by Shattiel »

In post 1729, Gamma Emerald wrote:Please read the rules
in fact read all mod posts, you'll be smarter for it.
Don't worry gamma I'm smart enough to find scum I'm just making sure
Shattiel
Shattiel
Goon
Shattiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:06 am

Post by Shattiel »

Now I want to here you guys reasons for voting them
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:12 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Let me know when you're all caught up with a clear "OK I'm caught up" post.

TBH we never got this from Titus either but I at least feel now she kind of has a handle on the game state.
Shattiel
Shattiel
Goon
Shattiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:12 am

Post by Shattiel »

In post 1732, Shattiel wrote:Now I want to hear you guys reasons for voting them
if possible be detailed about it plus quotes too pls
Shattiel
Shattiel
Goon
Shattiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:13 am

Post by Shattiel »

In post 1733, Sky_Paladin wrote:Let me know when you're all caught up with a clear "OK I'm caught up" post.

TBH we never got this from Titus either but I at least feel now she kind of has a handle on the game state.
I'm done giving opinions of everyone talk to me now
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:14 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Now I want to here you guys reasons for voting them
Your slot has been dead in the water the entire game and the only reason you are still around is because we hit deadline in the prior phase.

We urgently need alignment information posts from you, and that means reads.

Read the game. I'll wait.
Shattiel
Shattiel
Goon
Shattiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:31 am

Post by Shattiel »

Wut I already did? I've been giving reads since I came in.
Idk what you want from me.
Sky/Lexa this where I'm at right now.
I'm not gonna read every post in this game lol now talk to me about your reads so mine will improved I'll see where you're coming from and judged it right or wrong after I look through it.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:40 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

OK, maybe things are done differently on MU.

For me, could you please write just a list of 'Most town' through to 'most scum' so I can get in one post a clear understanding of where you are in the game state.
Shattiel
Shattiel
Goon
Shattiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:52 am

Post by Shattiel »

In post 1738, Sky_Paladin wrote:OK, maybe things are done differently on MU.

For me, could you please write just a list of 'Most town' through to 'most scum' so I can get in one post a clear understanding of where you are in the game state.
I'm not originally from MU.
Sure
Sky
Lexa
Gamma
Elbirn
Titus
ActionDan
Shattiel
Shattiel
Goon
Shattiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:53 am

Post by Shattiel »

Top being the scummiest and bottom being towniest
Now give me that reads already just explain why Gamma/elbirn
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:08 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

From my position -

Kiana/Katy (that is Titus and ActionDan slots now) have been locktown since day 2, when they largely bagged two scum, Katy in particular by vigging Human dead.

Kiana looked super town to me from her posts and Katy's scumhunting combined with her vig made me believe they were probably town, and there was actually a post that Lexa went through that felt so strong that I had to agree.

I had nagging doubts because it seemed like we had too many vigs.

In the prior day phase I had done an ISO on the rest of the players except Purr because time ran out; but I had a few interactions with Purr that gave me bad feelings. Also, the vig of Gaiden to 'confirm' Hebi seemed super convenient and I was suspicious. Purr had threatened to vig me this day phase and since I knew I was town and was pretty sure Purr was scum, I asked Gamma to vig those two.

Turns out both my top scum reads were town. Also, I had previously thought Text Generator was scum and was wrong on that lynch, along with Katy and Kiana.

At the start of the game I was VLA for nine days, and had just come out of a game that I had to try so hard that I got burned out. I was sick of writing walls. So I decided that this game, I would try hard to not try hard. Players like ActionDan and Gaiden pretty much afk out and are widely town read for it and people actually read their gosh-darn posts. I write giant walls and find that I'm lucky if people even notice I posted. You in fact quoted a big chunk of my early day 1 posts where I gave out reads on why I thought Kiana was town etc etc and called it nonsense so :V catch-22. I mean sure, many of my early game posts were weak and I do not pretend otherwise. However, the situation has changed significantly since then.

Katy and Kiana both had town reads on Gamma and Lex before they subbed out. I did not originally have these, although in my ISO I had Elbirn and Gamma as town, with Lex the strongest of those.

Along these, DaLetterEl - that's your slot - was basically a null because you had such little content. I think your slot claimed vig or something but I can't really remember.

At the time Gamma made the vig I truthfully thought it was game over because most of the town players (or the players that I thought were town) had POE'd it down to those two players. So I didn't look any further into it until they flipped green. From about post 1512 is when I went uh oh the game is not solved and started to look more carefully at my reads.

The game was dragging on and went to a no lynch the prior phase so I tried hard to generate activity to get players to wake up and act because if we no lynched again, there was every chance that this was actually LYLO and it was game over. I then tried to prod Gamma and Elbirn about their reads and they were resistant; I also had problems getting Titus to read the game, she was unware obvstuff like Katy had vigged scum or why I was using a spell card during the night phase.

Gamma was one of my townier reads of my mid tier cake reads. Lex asked us to popcorn our reads and picked me; I put out my reads at the time (I think I picked Elbirn and Nico (your slot) as scum) and then picked Gamma to go. Gamma gave 'Katy/Kiana' as his only town reads, and everybody else as 'meh'. Which was not really satisfactory to me, because he'd just vigged two players at my suggestion and I would have thought he would have actually pulled the trigger only after thinking about why he was doing it - 'meh' doesn't show thought, it shows the lack of it. Which bothered me. So I tried to poke him some more and get some better responses and to my mind these were not forthcoming.

Elbirn asked why Kiana was being town read (Titus slot), and Gamma explained -
It's more that scum's responses to her are anti-partner telling
And I quoted 1588
Sky
It's basically because Kiana's entry had her destroying a good chunk of the scum team, as epitomised by posts like 344;
Kiana
Hello mister. You are calling a post that I called literally "good" up above saying it's "really bad". Is it because Gamma voted for Brian Skies? Are you Brian Skies's partner then!

I think Human Sequencer is Brian Skies's buddy, if BS flips scum.
Sky
I could buy a scum player bussing one of their team to death, but two of them? Those are some pretty big cajones.
And that made me think, hang on a second, the way that Kiana caught Human was by looking at Brian Skies activity.

So I figured I'd go do the same with the current game state and that lead to post 1561 where I benchmarked my reads to where they stand now.

In post 1561, Sky_Paladin wrote:Combined ISO of Brian/Human here tis

HS seems to care about Elbirn and Gamma. Brian quotes Elbirn a lot.

129 130 bother me.

145 is a post very similiar to the nature of the one that Kiana picked up to find Human in the first place - it quotes a big post of Gamma's (where Gamma votes Human Sequencer) and says that Gamma's post is 'bad', but not scummy.

243 townreads on Elbirn...
405 giant wall that includes townread on Elbirn; mainly Elbirn's position 'resonates with me' rather than actually calling scum/town.

Reads from HS day 2
zoop
text generator light scum
kat is town but if the vig doesn't drop i'll start worrying more
elbirn kinda town
i dunno how much of it is just me liking how he posts though
So overall I see from Human/Brian main focus on each other and only a few other players - specifically Elbirn and Gamma - and basically no interest outside of that group.

That's probably Lex/NicoRobin in my town pile and tbh I think all town players should also have me in town too at this point. I'm happy for a lynch on either Elbirn or Gamma at this stage.
So now you have given me your list of reads. Fabulous.

It comes as no surprise to me that you have super conveniently picked Titus and ActionDan for your obv-town.

I am surprised that you have put Lexa as one of your scum reads, and I am super surprised that you have picked me as your number one scum read.

So I'll leave it at that for now and get some sleep and see the situation as it stands tomorrow.

If you could be so kind as to at least read this day phase - it's only a quarter of the game and I think that's not unreasonable - you can probably get a better picture.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:14 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

It's nearly 3 am and I'm not really thinking properly, but my thought process basically is -

That list of reads looks super contrived for a player who seemingly just jumped into the game.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:25 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

@Gamma

You are saying your hated status carries to the next phase, yes?

I didn't pay attention to this properly.

So if we (hypothetically) mislynch today, and scum kills another towny, the next day phase is 5 players, but you're hated at -2. So if there are two scum any of them can just hammer you and it's GG.

Is that about the situation?

So we are not truly in LYLO now. I wonder why I have been thinking that for this whole time.
Shattiel
Shattiel
Goon
Shattiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:30 am

Post by Shattiel »

Fk me that was detailed step by step even.
Well thanks for that out of a hundred I only really read 15 of your posts.
Shattiel
Shattiel
Goon
Shattiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:38 am

Post by Shattiel »

In post 1505, Gamma Emerald wrote:so yeah it's very apparent, I'm double hated, that last this and the next dayphase
I had a small scare wrt what happens if I am at lynch threshold at daystart but I crunched the numbers and that shouldn't happen. We do need to insure ourselves against 2 scum possibly though.
wait Gamma's votes last til lylo?
Shattiel
Shattiel
Goon
Shattiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:41 am

Post by Shattiel »

In post 1743, Sky_Paladin wrote:
@Gamma

You are saying your hated status carries to the next phase, yes?

I didn't pay attention to this properly.

So if we (hypothetically) mislynch today, and scum kills another towny, the next day phase is 5 players, but you're hated at -2. So if there are two scum any of them can just hammer you and it's GG.

Is that about the situation?

So we are not truly in LYLO now. I wonder why I have been thinking that for this whole time.
heh so either elbirn is scum or two scums is in him :giggle:
Shattiel
Shattiel
Goon
Shattiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:42 am

Post by Shattiel »

Okay I'm finally getting a grasp of things.
Gamma should be town his 2 votes on him is a scum claim in lylo if not hammered.
Shattiel
Shattiel
Goon
Shattiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:46 am

Post by Shattiel »

I'm locktown now btw feel free to take it.
I'm only scum here elbirn is scum with me
Shattiel
Shattiel
Goon
Shattiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:48 am

Post by Shattiel »

In post 1668, FakeGod wrote:
VoteCount 4.5

Sky_Paladin [0] -
Titus [0] -
ActionDan [0] -
Lexa [0] -
Shattiel [1] - Elbirn
Elbirn [4] - Sky_Paladin, Lexa, Gamma Emerald, Titus
Gamma Emerald [
] -

Not Voting [2]
- ActionDan, Shattiel

With 9 alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2018-04-26 07:00:00)
okay regardless of elbirn's alignment there should be 1 scum in his wagon right now.
And sky/gamma doesn't sound SvS
So
VOTE: Lexus
You're scum bye

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”