Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3500 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:11 am

Post by Nero Cain »

if screen flips town will you help me with Grey?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Brigand Vvulf
Brigand Vvulf
Goon
Brigand Vvulf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3501 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:13 am

Post by Brigand Vvulf »

Assuming we dont off me before that, you have my word my dude
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3502 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:18 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3496, Gorkington wrote:im not continuing to argue my first point because it ultimately comes down to us feeling differing levels of significance in him having switched his read there. you think its meaningless because its barely a transition and i think its meaningful because i dont think townGrey would transition his read at all in that situation.
is there really a valuable discussion to be had here?
You're the one who started it and got angered that I was handwaving it, so to a certain extent when I pointed out that it was barely a shift of his viewpoint, yeah, I kinda expected the conversation to continue.
I would think this would be a fairly subjective change - either he went from one view to a distant view, or he went between two fairly close views.
I've explained why i see them as close - can you explain why you see them as distant?
In post 3496, Gorkington wrote:its kind of silly that youre phrasing it as me ducking it. like, thats really the first thing that comes to mind for you there rather than just "hes not interested in talking about this point anymore"?
Po-tay-to/po-tah-to.
In post 3496, Gorkington wrote:it just isnt lining up with my expectations of his town meta.
What is the expectation and how much strength do you place on your meta awareness of him?
In post 3496, Gorkington wrote:im not overly enthused by the idea of lynching someone just because theyre playing like Smurf?
Okay?
Wasn't arguing that we should.
In post 3496, Gorkington wrote:i mean, the bolded is referring to "where is he claiming that hes not being obstructionist" because i didnt see it.
You'll find multiple occurrences in the conversation I had with him.
In post 3496, Gorkington wrote:and the question about the non-bolded was wondering whether you were finding the obstructionism itself scummy and if so why?
Because it obscures truth and hides his own lack of scumhunting and hypocrisy.
In post 3496, Gorkington wrote:if the two points are meant to be directly linked together exclusively then thats the only answer i needed.[/quote
They are linked.
In post 3496, Gorkington wrote:will try to read the back-and-forth tonight when im not at work.
:thumbsup:
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3503 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:19 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3500, Nero Cain wrote:if screen flips town will you help me with Grey?
If he flips scum will you hard sheep me for the next two Day phases?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3504 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:30 am

Post by Nero Cain »

yea
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #3505 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:48 am

Post by Mulch »

Votecount 1.56

GreyICE(8)
~ (226), (298), (236), (226), (146), (410), (204), (97)

Srceenplay(6)
~ (81), (137), (158), (110), (106), (96)
Panopticon(2)
~ (91), (72)
Hopkirk(2)
~ (156), (200)
Tchill13(1)
~ (87)
Bins(1)
~ (190)

Players dead: MariaR

Not Voting (2): Town Gunner(0), Mafia Gunner(0)

With 20 alive it takes 11 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-04-25 12:53:00)
Amrock#3784
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3506 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:42 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3448, Thor665 wrote:My bad, for some reason I thought you were posting again and again attacking Hopkirk and making a case on him distracting us all while the Grey wagon builds steam and the Srceen one dies.
I feel like I've made it abundantly clear that I want to lynch srceen.

Also, yes, I'm attacking Hop because I'm questioning his motives. Let's say you're right on both your Grey and srceen reads. Do you have any way of figuring out if Hop is protecting a buddy to survive at least to the night phase while setting him up for a bus down the road? I honestly have no idea how I would be able to make this distinction unless I challenged him on it as it happens, as if I wait until tomorrow to do So, he can just go 'well I was scumreading him yesterday, why not just ask me yesterday?' or some variation thereof.

Like if you seriously think the Grey wagon is a wagon based on nothingness, then why are you not curious about Hop jumping over there despite super awesome scumtell on srceen?
In post 3448, Thor665 wrote:Curious why you think he unvoted considering he was voting her at the time she died.
Maybe you should go back and read his votes again?
For a guy that has had Maria (and I guess Centipede) in his FOS/scum/to lynch pile, he has shockingly little to no conviction on the Maria lynch.

Now I guess this sort of supports your point that it would make more sense for scum to make a bigger deal out of the Maria lynch and soak up as much townread as possible. But how often do scum do this, especially since one of the first things people look for is 'who is the busser on the wagon?'

Furthermore, they way he talked about the Maria lynch mostly just puts responsibility elsewhere (algorithm, townread on it) and gives him room to move on and off as he finds it most convenient for him.
In post 2642, Hopkirk wrote:my concern is that she pushed Gork then townread him after the sort of time where scum-MariaR would have invented the fakeclaim
My issue with this is that it's just such a softball read (Not to mention Maria softclaimed in like her fourth post and before she really did anything) and he says it in a way that still leaves him open to going either way on the Maria lynch. There isn't really anything else that makes me believe he has the conviction in that read that his reads throughout the game should indicate.

Now if you still believe that is more likely to come from town, then I'm not sure what to tell you as don't think it's town indicative at all, and it's not like I want to lynch him right now anyway.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3507 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:47 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3454, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 3452, the worst wrote:
In post 3451, Hopkirk wrote:Screen isn't a townread anymore Thor.
Phone posting is hard.

Someone should meta me. I have a couple of obvious scumtells.
> aware of meta
> tells us to look for scumtells to prove towniness

....wat
Absence.

@Brian- preferably your thoughts.
?

I don't really like meta, even less so when the person is aware of their own tells.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3508 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:27 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3506, Brian Skies wrote:Like if you seriously think the Grey wagon is a wagon based on nothingness, then why are you not curious about Hop jumping over there despite super awesome scumtell on srceen?
I think it's interesting.
I don't know how interesting or in what way until I flip at least one of them.
In post 3506, Brian Skies wrote:Now I guess this sort of supports your point that it would make more sense for scum to make a bigger deal out of the Maria lynch and soak up as much townread as possible. But how often do scum do this, especially since one of the first things people look for is 'who is the busser on the wagon?'
If people believe that and are taking it into their scum play, the actual logical conclusion is to not bus (something I've been arguing for some time).
That said - the entire point of bussing is to try to vote for someone in a way it looks like you're trying to help lynch them and push it through when, in reality, you're doing spit and just participating in something that's inevitable.
I don't see anything resembling scum strategy in that vote, ergo I find it less likely to be a bus, and therefore question the idea of flipping Hopkirk at this stage.
In post 3506, Brian Skies wrote:Furthermore, they way he talked about the Maria lynch mostly just puts responsibility elsewhere (algorithm, townread on it) and gives him room to move on and off as he finds it most convenient for him.
I'll agree that he didn't seem to want to take much credit for the MariaR lynch.
I come to the opposite conclusion you do on what this suggests about his alignment.
In post 3506, Brian Skies wrote:Now if you still believe that is more likely to come from town, then I'm not sure what to tell you as don't think it's town indicative at all, and it's not like I want to lynch him right now anyway.
I do still think it's more likely to be town indicative than scum indicative - I think his scumminess is indicated in other ways entirely, and I don't see any of those as making him worthy of lynch today - which you appear to agree with at least on the final conclusion. That brings us all the way back around to the initial reason for the dust up - me suggesting that you should spend more time/energy/posts on getting Srceen lynched.
I still hold that stance.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3509 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:38 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3508, Thor665 wrote:That brings us all the way back around to the initial reason for the dust up - me suggesting that you should spend more time/energy/posts on getting Srceen lynched.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3510 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:30 am

Post by Srceenplay »

I don’t want to die.
VOTE: grey
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
Panopticon
Panopticon
Goon
Panopticon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3511 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:50 am

Post by Panopticon »

In post 3510, Srceenplay wrote:I don’t want to die.
Disgusting.
VOTE: Srceenplay

I know you can play far better than that if you wanted to. (Completely Unoriginal comes to mind)

~tn5421
He who is subjected to a field of visibility, and who knows it, becomes the principle of his own subjection.
Centipede Syndrome
Centipede Syndrome
Goon
Centipede Syndrome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3512 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by Centipede Syndrome »

unvote
Pray, which leg moves after which?
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #3513 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:16 pm

Post by Mulch »

Votecount 1.57

GreyICE(8)
~ (226), (298), (236), (146), (410), (204), (97), (73)

Srceenplay(7)
~ (82), (140), (158), (110), (106), (96), (201)
Tchill13(1)
~ (87)
Panopticon(1)
~ (91)
Hopkirk(1)
~ (156)
Bins(1)
~ (190)

Players dead: MariaR

Not Voting (3): Town Gunner(0), Mafia Gunner(0), (227)

With 20 alive it takes 11 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-04-25 12:53:00)
Amrock#3784
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3514 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:26 pm

Post by Bins »

hey random wanna move your vote
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Centipede Syndrome
Centipede Syndrome
Goon
Centipede Syndrome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3515 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:36 pm

Panopticon
Panopticon
Goon
Panopticon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3516 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:40 pm

Post by Panopticon »

He who is subjected to a field of visibility, and who knows it, becomes the principle of his own subjection.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #3517 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:49 pm

Post by the worst »

best post onsite
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3518 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 3511, Panopticon wrote:
Disgusting.

I know you can play far better than that if you wanted to. (Completely Unoriginal comes to mind)

~tn5421
What if I was wrong D:

Guys not on the main wagons, can you please move your votes somewhere useful we got 16 hours.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #3519 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:09 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 3511, Panopticon wrote:
Disgusting.

~tn5421
This feels like such a bad reason to SR srceen here....??
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3520 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:04 pm

Post by Gorkington »

ill deadline vote srceen i guess!
i hope grey is scum so i can get to be vindictive!
trash
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #3521 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

im going to procrastinate until you guys get very nervous about how much im procrastinating

is it even procrastinating since I'm doing work instead of this

:thinking:
FLASH OF GREEN
Centipede Syndrome
Centipede Syndrome
Goon
Centipede Syndrome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3522 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:07 pm

In post 3521, Ellibereth wrote:im going to procrastinate until you guys get very nervous about how much im procrastinating

is it even procrastinating since I'm doing work instead of this

:thinking:
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #3523 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:08 pm

Post by Chickadee »

I will deadline lynch whoever we need to between screen and grey.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3524 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:16 pm

Post by Gorkington »

In post 3502, Thor665 wrote:You're the one who started it and got angered that I was handwaving it, so to a certain extent when I pointed out that it was barely a shift of his viewpoint, yeah, I kinda expected the conversation to continue.
I would think this would be a fairly subjective change - either he went from one view to a distant view, or he went between two fairly close views.
I've explained why i see them as close - can you explain why you see them as distant?
didnt say i saw it as distant in that post?
i said that i didnt think grey would change his read at all based on what had happened.
i dont really think either of us are going to change our minds about this so i dont think its productive to try to engage on this?
thor wrote:Po-tay-to/po-tah-to.
ducking has a pretty clear connotation of scumminess where the other doesnt.
thor wrote:What is the expectation and how much strength do you place on your meta awareness of him?
i feel like ive iterated through this so many times already q.q
you keep saying "oh hes not being effective so what?" but that isnt my point. it doesnt look like hes TRYING to be effective and thats the issue im having.
that issue i would rate like a 6/10 level of confidence, but i generally find discrepancies like that really likely to be scumgame vs towngame discrepancies.
thor wrote:Okay?
Wasn't arguing that we should.
im not overly sure what we were talking about then.
because i assumed that we were talking about his ISO being shit, ie: that if hes town or scum, hes playing pretty garbage.
thor wrote::thumbsup:
read the interactions a bit.
really dont know why hes ignoring you regardless of what his alignment is, but im not really interested in driving the gamestate at this point so you get my vote at deadline if nobody pushes for a grey lynch. yay
trash

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”