mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:27 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 1848, Oxy wrote:I understood you, Pin. I think you were pretty clear, and I agree. It's not a townie thought process to immediately jump to "I wouldn't be in charge of the lynch!"
I mean, that's just a fact based on my submissive personality but alright.
I mostly just lurk now.
Oxy
Oxy
Mafia Scum
Oxy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:30 pm

Post by Oxy »

Okay, mutant.

Assume Pintu is town, because I'm pretty confident in that read.

How does that change your reads?
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:35 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

I scumread you because of meta ---> the worst dies ---> in 714 you tended to suggest we should kill the ones with good reads instead of people difficult to mislynch or someone we suspected it could be a PR ---> the worst was mislynchable, so I think he could had good early reads (note to the word EARLY please) ---> I'm a good PR hunter (and OF COURSE you want to PR hunt when town so you don't push too hard a PR to avoid a claim) and I didn't catch the worst' crumbs (I still think his crumbing was not even intended) ---> conclusion: the worst was killed because of his reads, and he was scumreading mutant almost all the day (even if he suspected you less at the end, Iconeum's flip could turn that again).

So, added to MY OWN SCUMREAD on you, the worst's dead could mean you are effectively scum, BUT THIS CASE IS NOT ONLY BASED ON FUCKING NIGHT KILL ANALYSIS.

The point is not that you dictated the kill, but that the worst was dangerous for scum for a different reason of being a PR, period.

Also, you said "your reason here is close to what I was thinking, but not quite right" and then said that "the reason is the one I dismissed", inconsistency. If I dismissed it, then my reason wasn't close at all.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

Mutant this post is clear as water, if you don't agree, no problem, I could be wrong and I assume that, but please don't ask as if there's no logic behind it and start asking 10 questions at the same time
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 1849, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 1845, pinturicchio wrote:
In post 1843, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 1763, pinturicchio wrote:, but we are not ending this day without everybody else participating
Also, what happened to this @pintu?
I said that your readlist was gold, so I think that's enough and all the info we will get from the lurking slots
So when you said you wanted to hear from the lurkers before we end the day you meant you only wanted random to make a single 0 content post? Cool.
Yes mutant, that's exactly what I meant, brilliant. 10 points for Gryffindor
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 1851, Oxy wrote:Okay, mutant.

Assume Pintu is town, because I'm pretty confident in that read.

How does that change your reads?
The only read I see that changing is restored confidence in my town read on you. Other than that, it wouldn't mean anything.

On the other hand, if Pintu was town and not tunneling me, then maybe I could spend this day doing what I want to do with it, eg. pushing ceejay, instead of having to put so much time and effort into responding to him and you.

Theory: Pintu wouldn't even be scum reading me if I never stated that I was gut scum reading him.
If I recall correctly, I don't think we interacted much at all until that. His whole position on me feels like backlash on me for simply stating a read (which I wasn't even pushing).
Nvm, just checked and he did mention meta scum leans on me but never elaborated. I still think he wouldn't be pushing this hard though.
I mostly just lurk now.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:40 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1852, pinturicchio wrote:the worst was mislynchable, so I think he could had good early reads (note to the word EARLY please)
Duckling wasn't a particularly easy mislynch, especially compared to a bunch of other people in this game.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:45 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

@mutant I already said you don't have to answer me because we are scumreading each other, so go for it, make a case on ceejay. Even better!

VOTE: ceejay

Let's work together, make my day
Oxy
Oxy
Mafia Scum
Oxy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:47 pm

Post by Oxy »

This is sort of weird. We're voting on town bloc boys ;P

Ok let's go

VOTE: Ceejay
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:49 pm

Post by Alonzo »

Its gotta be Random if we go with one of the little fish.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:51 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 1858, Oxy wrote:This is sort of weird. We're voting on town bloc boys ;P

Ok let's go

VOTE: Ceejay
(I never gave Ceejay a song, actually)

(and I think Ceejay is mutant's partner and he's trying to distance so if he gets lynched (he will), ceejay will be less suspicious. ceejay voted for mutant on D1 when there were 5 votes on him and the other 4 votes were coming from imo, so that could be distancing too, but don't tell mutant my plan!!)
Oxy
Oxy
Mafia Scum
Oxy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:51 pm

Post by Oxy »

Ya but I'm also down for hearing what they've all got to say in a post or perish type of way.

What is the point of NM if he doesn't even make jokes?
Oxy
Oxy
Mafia Scum
Oxy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:53 pm

Post by Oxy »

sorry that was @alonso.

Fair enough, Pin.

We have plenty of time, and town dysfunction is killing this game. So as long as we're being productive, I'm with ya.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:58 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1861, Oxy wrote:What is the point of NM if he doesn't even make jokes?
I was promised funny, not sure what's funny about lurking the entire game hoping for lolhammers.
MOMOMEN
MOMOMEN
Goon
MOMOMEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:02 pm

Post by MOMOMEN »

I'm here, though not for long. Going to log back into Eddie and answer some more of my GTKAS ( viewtopic.php?f=61&t=76053 self plug ). Feel free to address whatever, I'm caught up and I'll respond to whatever after I'm done. Only bothering to post this because Alonzo beetlejuiced me.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:04 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

"You are not authorised to read this forum".
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 1852, pinturicchio wrote:I scumread you because of meta ---> the worst dies ---> in 714 you tended to suggest we should kill the ones with good reads instead of people difficult to mislynch or someone we suspected it could be a PR ---> the worst was mislynchable, so I think he could had good early reads (note to the word EARLY please) ---> I'm a good PR hunter (and OF COURSE you want to PR hunt when town so you don't push too hard a PR to avoid a claim) and I didn't catch the worst' crumbs (I still think his crumbing was not even intended) ---> conclusion: the worst was killed because of his reads, and he was scumreading mutant almost all the day (even if he suspected you less at the end, Iconeum's flip could turn that again).

So, added to MY OWN SCUMREAD on you, the worst's dead could mean you are effectively scum, BUT THIS CASE IS NOT ONLY BASED ON FUCKING NIGHT KILL ANALYSIS.

The point is not that you dictated the kill, but that the worst was dangerous for scum for a different reason of being a PR, period.

Also, you said "your reason here is close to what I was thinking, but not quite right" and then said that "the reason is the one I dismissed", inconsistency. If I dismissed it, then my reason wasn't close at all.
I don't recall you ever stating your meta reason for scum leaning* me besides the meta surrounding the worst.

In 714 A50's reads wasn't the central reason I wanted him dead, that only added to it. As I've said, A50 is a strong reliable player who many people in that game trusted. Furthermore, he is very difficult to mislynch. That's why it was such an achievement that you managed to do it.

I never suggested we kill the people with good reads. I just said we shouldn't kill the people with bad ones because they are less likely to catch us. I was prioritising PR hunting, hence my suggestions of Jay and NSG.

I also opposed killing people who were mislynchable. I don't get why you're saying the worst was mislynchable like that was a reason I'd want him dead.

Just because you consider yourself a good PR hunter doesn't mean you wouldn't miss the worst's soft claim. As you said, you weren't even looking. Scum would be.

If the worst was dangerous to the scum team, then that would mean he scum read other's on the scum team. If you genuinly believe this, why aren't you bringing up anyone that could be my scum partner that the worst also scum read?

Did you even read your own post that I was referring to with your reason being close? It was close in the sense that it was meta to do with my attitude in our scum game. But you dismissed the idea that I would have spotted the soft claim because apparently you are the best PR hunter in the world and if you didn't spot it then no one could. Newsflash: Oxy spotted it.

I think you're problem here Pintu is that you're misinterpreting my actions in 714 and applying them incorrectly as meta against me here.

Spoiler: Let me remind you of some of my stances in 714
"We should always kill whoever we think is most tactical / the biggest threat to us."

Let me just clarify that this wasn't about reads alone. PRs are priority threat.

"I think I should primarily use my role cop ability to investigate the people that scum read us the most. This is because people with scum reads on us would be the biggest threat to us if they were a vig or JK."

Again, the reads aren't the threat. It's having the reads and being a PR that's dangerous.

"I think the first person I should role check should be A50 since, as town, he likes to keep some of his reads hidden or ambiguous and sometimes even lie about them in order to make himself less predictable to scum."

Accurate reads not the threat, A50 is the threat in general due to this way of playing. Him being accuarate is just fuel to the fire of wanting him dead because we never know when he's being accurate or not.

"OH MY FUCKING GOD HOW DID ALL 3 OF US SURVIVE THAT AND GET ONE OF THE STRONGEST PLAYERS IN THE GAME MISLYNCHED.

I spent a lot of time thinking we should kill A50 just because of how accurate his earlier reads were but turns out we don't fucking need to.

I was literally laughing out loud when I saw how well that wagon formed and got A50 lynched, that was fucking brilliant Pintu."

A50 was primarily a threat because he's a strong player with a high win rate. As I've been trying to tell you, his reads just made me want him dead more.

"I'd disagree with killing Gamma and TGP because TGP's reads are horribly wrong and Gamma hard town reads you."

Not saying we should lynch people with strong read, just saying people with shit ones should be let live.

"I don't want to check NSG because she's a good candidate for a misslynch so that would be a waste. On the other, if she's staying quiet, it's probably for a reason"

I clearly don't want to be killing good misslynch candidates even when I suspect them as PRs. We investigated NSG that night.

"I have an odd feeling that jay might be the vig.

This pinged me first of all:
"I'm helping the Vigilante have a valid reason so she can shoot whoever she wants and not have to be shit on by you, Dino."
It just seems oddly confident in knowing the pronoun of the vig.

Jay also seemed to not care too much that some were asking for her to be vigged. And then there are small things like this:
"Elsa Jay isn't going anywhere unless the Mafia decides to kill me,"

Of course, there are many times when she references the vig as someone unknown to her but that's naturally a part of hiding your role. There were also a few times when people suggested a lynch on her that she even stated herself she was a better vig target than a lynch one. Basically, it doesn't seem like she fears the vig kill at all.

Since Jay is a possible vig target if she isn't the vig herself, maybe we shouldn't kill her today but instead investigate her. Alternatively, if we do shoot Jay and she isn't the vig, then either our shot will look like the vig kill OR if the vig also targets her then the JK could potentially role claim accusing a townie :3"

PR hunting is clealry my top priority as scum.

"Is Creature really that much of a threat though?

His activity isn't actually that high for usual town Creature levels (from my own experience anyway) - so I don't think he's too widely town read.
He town reads me.
He gave a passing comment stating Jay can die.
He randomly voted Jmo.
He'd prefer to lynch Pintu over Anen (which is the less likely out of you 2 now tbh)."

Again, I wanted him alive because his reads were shit and he was lynch bait. It wasn't that I wanted to kill people with good reads. Of course, we shot Creature that night.

Towards the end, I was heavily concerned with NSG and Gamma's reads. But that's not because I want people with good reads dead, it's because they were both PRs.

Conclusion: most of my scum motivation was in treating PRs with good reads as top priority threats. You've been mistaking it as treating good reads as threats. This is why I would have expected you to accuse me of scum catching a PR rather than scum shooting someone with good reads.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:10 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 1854, pinturicchio wrote:Yes mutant, that's exactly what I meant, brilliant. 10 points for Gryffindor
I'm hufflepuff.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:11 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 1857, pinturicchio wrote:@mutant I already said you don't have to answer me because we are scumreading each other, so go for it, make a case on ceejay. Even better!
I'll do this within the next day or so.
In post 1860, pinturicchio wrote:(and I think Ceejay is mutant's partner and he's trying to distance so if he gets lynched (he will), ceejay will be less suspicious. ceejay voted for mutant on D1 when there were 5 votes on him and the other 4 votes were coming from imo, so that could be distancing too, but don't tell mutant my plan!!)
Just know that I'm perfectly willing to lynch this scum partner :wink:
I mostly just lurk now.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:13 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

Let's do it then, vote ceejay!!!
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:14 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

I will when I state my case. For now I will return to my college work that I've been staying up all night to do.
I mostly just lurk now.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:20 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

How convenient
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:24 pm

Post by Alonzo »

sell the ceejay case to the rest of us inthe meantime pintu
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:26 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

Not quoting your big ass post, just two things:

"If the worst was dangerous to the scum team, then that would mean he scum read other's on the scum team. If you genuinly believe this, why aren't you bringing up anyone that could be my scum partner that the worst also scum read?"
This is exactly what I was talking about: I thought it was weird you started pointing out that "why would I direct the kill" instead of asking this if you're already scumreading me. Too late.

"But you dismissed the idea that I would have spotted the soft claim because apparently you are the best PR hunter in the world and if you didn't spot it then no one could."
Mutant used shading. It's not very effective. I said I'm a good PR hunter, what's wrong with being confident on that? And I said that I believe that what Oxy pointed out was not intended as crumb.

Strike three on your awful tone towards me. Goodnight
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:34 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 1873, pinturicchio wrote:Not quoting your big ass post, just two things:

"If the worst was dangerous to the scum team, then that would mean he scum read other's on the scum team. If you genuinly believe this, why aren't you bringing up anyone that could be my scum partner that the worst also scum read?"
This is exactly what I was talking about: I thought it was weird you started pointing out that "why would I direct the kill" instead of asking this if you're already scumreading me. Too late.

"But you dismissed the idea that I would have spotted the soft claim because apparently you are the best PR hunter in the world and if you didn't spot it then no one could."
Mutant used shading. It's not very effective. I said I'm a good PR hunter, what's wrong with being confident on that? And I said that I believe that what Oxy pointed out was not intended as crumb.

Strike three on your awful tone towards me. Goodnight
It's an obvious question that really didn't need asking because you should have already been stating it... but of course you don't take this opportunity to answer it.

Also, just because it wasn't intended as a crumb but that doesn't mean he wasn't slipping his role and that doesn't mean mafia wouldn't have interpreted it as one. I assure you that I didn't intend on crumbing I was the doctor in Open 701.

Not sure if you're trying to call me out for a scum tone or a hostile one. If you mean a hostile one then you're right. I'm tired. I'm hungry. I want to go to sleep. But I'm stuck doing boring annotations for my course work. Basically, not in a mood to tolerate your BS and I'm getting frustrated easily. I assure you I will be back to my normal passive, only slightly shady, self when I've had some sleep. Which will probably be tommorow rather than later today.
I mostly just lurk now.

Return to “Completed Open Games”