[SETUP] Barely Informed Minority

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

[SETUP] Barely Informed Minority

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:10 pm

Post by xyzzy »

2 mafia goons
1 mafia traitor
8 townies

the mafia doesn't have a factional nightkill; instead, a townie chosen at random dies each night. additionally, the mafia does not have access to private communication of any time before or during the game.

the goal with this setup is to look at the concept of an uninformed minority and reduce the information to an absolute minimum while still qualifying as an informed minority. the setup is also pseudo-nightless, since the random nightkill can happen instantaneously.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:38 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 4, callforjudgement wrote:If the scum simply don't read their role PMs and assume they drew town, then they have an 83.5% chance of victory on the subsequent random lynches (as nobody can scumhunt under those circumstances).

With the amount of benefit that the scum get being so low, this is probably the correct strategy, which implies that the setup, in addition to being scumsided, isn't likely to be much fun to actually play.
I was thinking this was covered under the site rules as a thing that isn't allowed, but I just double checked and couldn't actually find any reference to reading role PMs being mandatory. I require players in my games to include their role name and any non-vanilla attributes (abilities, players whose alignments they know, etc.) in their confirmations, which would mitigate that sort of thing.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”