The Resistance #1: 7p (GAME OVER)

This subforum is for additional threads for
ongoing
Mish Mash games. If a game has multiple active threads at once, all but the first one should be made in this forum.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #27 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:49 am

Post by Keychain »

I don't think so. I think it may just be the way he's looking towny. I'd think your conclusion implies the players nomming him are scum too, but you just nommed the worst who is one of them. You think tw is town?

In post 15, camn wrote:Okay, okay....I'm getting it.

So if pine and I go.....and the thing gets sabatoged....then we know pine is definitely scum....and we don't send him on any more missions?
But if we pull it off, we are both conftown?

Sounds good.
VOTE: camn, Pine
I don't think this is quite how it works. Like obviously your first conclusion only works from your point of view considering to everyone else it could be either or both of you, and the second one assumes that spies will always sabotage.

Pine wrote:Yeah I could go on a mission with Alibae. E was first to suggest Pine/Camn, so I'm not worried about oportunism. The worst is on my watchlist though.
What do you mean by opportunism?

VOTE: nancy, Pine
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:13 am

Post by Keychain »

In post 28, Ausuka wrote:most of the nominations came before Pine had made a single post- I don't see why you think that it has much to do with his towniness.
True. I didn't check the timeline for that.

Why do you think tw is town?

@Mod: It's not listed in the VC but four players voting for a pair is majority right?
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:20 am

Post by Keychain »

You did, and that wouldn't have even been suspicious considering sending yourself is one guaranteed known.

In post 33, Ausuka wrote:I don't really have a read on tw. If I had a townread I would have nommed them.
Uh, you did, that's why I'm asking.
In post 22, Ausuka wrote:VOTE: the worst, ausuka
Mathdino wrote:
THE WORST, AUSUKA (1)
: Ausuka
You nommed them and yourself, suggesting they were your strongest townread, and they had posted by then I'm pretty sure. Am I missing something?
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:25 am

Post by Keychain »

That's dissatisfying. I have no townreads apart from Pine, so I nommed a total unknown instead. You picked someone who had posted.

In post 35, Pine wrote:I do also want to point out I had plenty of opportunity to hammer Camn/Pine.
In post 36, Keychain wrote:You did, and that wouldn't have even been suspicious considering sending yourself is one guaranteed known.
The fact that you want to point that out is kind of itching though.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:25 pm

Post by Keychain »

camn, if you're town, you'll make me realise it eventually right?

Now that I think about it, the exact players on the first mission don't seem to matter a whole lot.
In post 31, Mathdino wrote:PINE, ENAC EIDDE (2): ENAC EIDDE, Pine
I don't know if the composition of this wagon makes me trust it more or less lol but Eddie/Alisae may be better to send than nancy.

VOTE: ENAC EIDDE, Pine
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:44 pm

Post by Keychain »

Our lives are in their hands now :lol:

In post 60, Pine wrote:so my best guess rn is nancy, worst, keychain
I definitely read this phrase wrong the first time.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:01 am

Post by Keychain »

In post 79, nancy wrote:hum

i kind of expected people to play this like a normal mafia game, is why i invited friends

even though we have no kp / flips to work with we have the ability to confirm a mafia in 2-4 slots which gives us a lot to work with in poe

mafia also can't communicate so it's +ev for them to sabotage when there are 3+ meaning there are pretty good likelihoods of confirming 2+ mafia in certain groupings especially any point after town have 2 points

if rules have hammer as u-1 then we've literally gone to night with 9 days left in deadline? i really don't understand, especially day 1 when the grouping is completely meaningless

if ppl are gonna play like this then... i should just stick to gif posting? i mean, sure, ok, lol
I'm not sure what you mean "play like this". First mission doesn't matter much, because scum are unlikely to sabotage even if they get on the mission - if they do, they give town too much information, and if they really mess up, they confirm both of them as scum.

Going to night doesn't risk us losing town in this game, so dragging it out when the decision isn't important doesn't make much sense. Better to just take the point and move on.

Pine wrote:Hmmm. You have a point. We can always revert if another group doesn't work out.

How about

VOTE: nancy, Pine, Enac ?

Then when there's a sabotage we know to cross her off the list.
We make sure not to send the worst or nancy on the N4 mission, so the third scum can't disrupt on their own. If she refrains from sabotaging, we get a point and only need one more, send our best TRs to N4 for the win. Do something similar N3. Essentially force them to sabotage or lose outright.

Positively sorting two scum here is essentially a win.
Uhhh I'm not aboard the "Pine and ENAC are locktown" train. The bolded is a very easy setup.

Scum having no communication + the number of sabotages being revealed makes me wonder if it's actually better to try and send multiple scum to force them to try and communicate inthread to coordinate or risk outing themselves with multiple sabotages. If you only send one, they can sabotage semi safely and be hidden in a group.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #7) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:24 pm

Post by Keychain »

Let's please not cut this day short again?

Scum can't communicate. So I'd assume they're pushing to only have one of them on a mission, so they won't risk multiple sabotages. If there are multiple scum on a mission, they will be trying to somehow determine which if any of them is sabotaging inthread before night.

I want to look at yesterday's wagon with this in mind.

In post 143, Ausuka wrote:Okay so, I believe Keychain is the most scummy player, by play.
tell me more!
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:45 pm

Post by Keychain »

Yup.
In post 2, Mathdino wrote:Spies have 0 factional communication.
Ausuka wrote:I don't like the way you defended Pine in . More specifically, I don't see how town!Keychain forms this view of the game, considering the votes on Pine came in before Pine even voted, and I think this was quite self-evident from the way the game started. reads like you're discrediting me because I basically did the equivalent of RVS voting someone who had posted, which is pretty scummy too. Also, gut.
As I said, I messed up the timeline, which is exactly how town!Keychain formed this view of the game.

I wasn't "discrediting" you. I was scumreading you for apparently not having any opinion on the player you voted, which I find is more likely from scum who already know the answer.

It seems you're scumreading me for townreading Pine, and then scumreading me for scumreading you. Also, gut.

I'm happy not sending Ausuka on any more missions, I think there's a good chance she was the scum who saboed.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:07 pm

Post by Keychain »

Yeah, probably.
Ausuka wrote: I don't get how you can mess up the timeline like that though.
And I don't get how you could mess up your quote tags like that, yet it happened anyway.

Or more seriously - you said you thought people voting for Pine made him scum. I was townreading him, so I thought it was reasonable they voted him because of that. I didn't consider the state of events as of the time they had posted, because I read it afterwards.
Ausuka wrote:
Keychain wrote: I wasn't "discrediting" you. I was scumreading you for apparently not having any opinion on the player you voted, which I find is more likely from scum who already know the answer.
Except you voted for a player who literally hadn't posted up to that point, so that's clearly not the real reason? You criticized me at the time because I voted for a player who had posted in the RVS-like phase whereas you voted for a player who hadn't posted. What happened to that?
What's the issue here? I explicitly said I voted for a player who hadn't posted, because I was finding most everyone else scummy. Making her town by PoE. I already said this:
In post 38, Keychain wrote:I have no townreads apart from Pine, so I nommed a total unknown instead. You picked someone who had posted.
I assumed you were voting according to reads. That's what I did, anyway.
Ausuka wrote:
Keychain wrote: It seems you're scumreading me for townreading Pine, and then scumreading me for scumreading you.
no.
I defended Pine, then discredited you, and you're bothered by that. It's also known as having a townread and a scumread.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (isolation #10) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:02 pm

Post by Keychain »

In post 69, the worst wrote:
In post 66, Ausuka wrote:VOTE: ausuka, eddisae
I think I like this better now. I want to tr pine but I'm still suspicious that he's in practically every nomination. I don't know why people assume that scum won't sabotage.
No sab means no info

If aus/eddie sab'd it means
33% aus is scum
33% eddie is scum
33% chance both are scum

It's just too much info to give out imo, mish2 sab is fine

pedit: ausuka gets me. ;n;
In post 107, the worst wrote:ftr correct play for spy!enac or spy!pine is also to sab so do not PoE Ausuka out based on the outcome

VOTE: pine, enac, ausuka
If I were to get
really tinfoily
, these tw posts (particularly the bolded) make me think scum, and the second one particularly makes me think Ausuka plus one other on the second mission are scum with tw.

In post 165, the worst wrote:Ausuka is an alt I'm pretty sure.
I can't remember her main's name...
I think Ausuka is now her main, but yeah she's not new.

In post 163, camn wrote:#teamkeychain
;-; buddying makes me paranoid camn

nancy wrote:keychain why are you townreading pine?
I'm not stuck to that read anymore, especially after the treatment of himself and ENAC as conftown after no sabo N1 in and the sabotage N2. It was a good place to start. I townread his suspicious entry and early scumread on camn.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (isolation #11) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:03 pm

Post by Keychain »

In post 177, camn wrote:Like... normally I could just Lynch you and see....but this game = ??
Yeah having no way to confirm anything is rough :(
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (isolation #12) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:52 am

Post by Keychain »

Oh I uh, didn't realise I signed up for that.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (isolation #13) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:34 pm

Post by Keychain »

My tinfoil theory suggests
VOTE: camn, nancy, Keychain
so I'll go with that for now.

I do actually feel like this group is the least likely to have a sabotage, and personally I'd find the information pretty interesting if there was.

I'm just going to check something.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (isolation #14) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:46 pm

Post by Keychain »

Yeah nah that wasn't as useful as I hoped. I was looking at ENAC, Pine and Ausuka's reads on each other since sabo but there's not much and it didn't really help me.

tw and Pine interactions make me want to not send them on missions together, but I could be overly reading into things looking for scum communication. Plus I don't want to send tw on any missions anyway.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:12 pm

Post by Keychain »

Come to New Zealand, here you only have to fear rivers and earthquakes <3 happy birthday Pine!

In post 275, ENAC EIDDE wrote:the plan is nom me with camn and Nancy
In post 276, ENAC EIDDE wrote:nomming keychain camn Nancy loses town the game
In post 278, ENAC EIDDE wrote:because there's gonna be a sab and we have no way of knowing if it's the keychain side or the camn Nancy side
Why, from the perspective of anyone that's not you, is sending you instead of me a better idea? It seems to me we end up in the exact same position if there's a sabotage amongst you three.

Can everyone list their dichotomies? I'm lost.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (isolation #16) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by Keychain »

Why camn/nancy, if it's not PoE?
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (isolation #17) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:10 pm

Post by Keychain »

In post 318, the worst wrote:
In post 315, Keychain wrote:Why camn/nancy, if it's not PoE?
In post 316, Pine wrote:Early interactions that I'm too lazy to look up. Trust me it's a thing.
^ this p much
In post 353, the worst wrote:rofl

VOTE: eddiesae, camn, nancy
In post 355, Pine wrote:Seriously. Why.

I still think my vote is good. I don't think the argument that one of nancy/camn is definitely scum is convincing, unless someone wants to explain further.
For example, I think this post:
In post 54, Pine wrote:Yeah, nancy's entrance feels contrived. Jury's out on Camn. That recent stuff feels like buddying. Not sure they're a team though, that doesn't look like distancing?
is referring to the nancy/camn dynamic because they're the only players named, and I assume is based on the camn posts between and because they're recent, but if I look at the content of camn's posts I can't fathom what the buddying is supposed to be. Possibly it could be camn buddying Pine, but then the final sentence of doesn't make sense :/

Like this nancy/camn thing appears to be conjured out of literally nowhere. If it's real, Ducky+Pine, explain it to me please.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (isolation #18) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:28 pm

Post by Keychain »

Ausuka please stay on that unless you're switching to an existing alternative. Spies get a point if we have a no mission, I'm pretty sure.

I'll hammer in the morning if there's something at L-1, but I am really not a fan of this combo.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (isolation #19) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:43 pm

Post by Keychain »

In post 2, Mathdino wrote:- If a majority is not reached by deadline, the Mission is skipped and the Spies gain a point.
the worst wrote:
In post 365, Keychain wrote:Ausuka please stay on that unless you're switching to an existing alternative. Spies get a point if we have a no mission, I'm pretty sure.

I'll hammer in the morning if there's something at L-1, but I am really not a fan of this combo.
do you think eddisae is scum?
I don't really think they're town right now, and I think there's a not insignificant chance that they were the saboteurs on the last mission. But moreover I think in this combination it's just way way too easy for them as scum to sabotage and pin it on nancy/camn.

Speaking of whom, your votes don't really match up with your words, but I'm still looking for an explanation on why they're TvS.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (isolation #20) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:44 pm

Post by Keychain »

In post 366, Ausuka wrote:VOTE: camn, eddisae, Keychain
Maybe?
This is interesting. Why do you like this more than the current options?
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (isolation #21) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:50 am

Post by Keychain »

In post 450, nancy wrote:i kind of think i know how to read keychain now though and i don't think she's mafia?

keychain are you still scumreading aslan hydra or? where are you at with things
We've only played like once before this, haven't we? I definitely don't think I've been scum in a game with you yet.

I'm grumpy because another sabotage lol. tw is a cheeky bugger. I am scumreading ENAC to some extent yes, though assuming scum only want one on the mission that suggests they're town. Possibly not a good assumption, it would depend on the specific scumteam and how well they can coordinate.

Pine / ENAC / Ausuka
ENAC / camn / nancy

But using that assumption, these are the possibilities:
>ENAC is scum, the other four are town, that makes me scum too along with tw so... unlikely
>camn and Pine are scum with tw. ENAC, nancy, Ausuka are town.
>camn and Ausuka are scum with tw. ENAC, nancy, Pine are town.
>Pine and nancy are scum with tw. ENAC, camn, Ausuka are town.
>nancy and Ausuka are scum with tw. ENAC, camn, Pine are town.

However I think scum combinations of Pine/ENAC and nancy/ENAC are less likely to stick to that assumption and would risk going on missions together because of familiarity with each other. Which suggests several more possibilities:
>ENAC and nancy are scum with tw. Pine, Ausuka and camn are town.
>ENAC and Pine are scum with tw. Ausuka, camn and nancy are town.
>ENAC, nancy and Pine are scum. tw (and everyone else, but mostly tw) is town.

If any of those are the case, I would expect to see evidence inthread.

Possible pairs with tw:
camn, Pine
camn, Ausuka
Pine, nancy
nancy, Ausuka
Pine, ENAC
ENAC, nancy

I don't really have any strong reads anymore unfortunately, so when I'm able I'm probably just going to see if I can determine which of these seems most likely based on interactions through the game.

If tw is scum, since the game has no lynching, I would assume his buddies aren't defending him except inasmuch as it makes them look good, since they don't need him on the mission. I haven't done anything with this info yet, just thinking aloud.

Anyway on another note: Pine, can you explain why your conclusion 4 (exactly one of nancy/camn/tw is scum) is now exactly one of nancy/camn is scum? Even just quote me the post where you explain these magical interactions, because I can't blimming find it. I'm also still hoping and praying for an answer to , because was terrible :(

@Mod: V/LA two days.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (isolation #22) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:37 pm

Post by Keychain »

Back

Not sure on the vc, was that hammer?

Real quick tho
In post 490, Pine wrote:I mean, even leaving aside my nagging doubts about you and the unsolved camn/nancy issue, I'm like 75-80% sure keychain is scum. She's mostly coasted and semi-lurked the whole game, and my PoE logic from before still insists she's probably scum.

Convince me otherwise and maybe we can talk about nancy/camn. Otherwise we are at a hard impasse.
In post 522, Pine wrote: PE I can't read Keychain for fuck, she's always been a PoE read.
You saying this kind of thing after ignoring multiple attempts from me to engage you is
mildly
enraging. jeeeez bro.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (isolation #23) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:39 pm

Post by Keychain »

And we sent... you?

I'm behind but fmpov that seems like a terrible idea.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (isolation #24) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:04 pm

Post by Keychain »

Congrats spies! This was fun though I sucked pretty badly.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (isolation #25) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:08 pm

Post by Keychain »

In post 606, Alisae wrote:
In post 605, Keychain wrote:Congrats spies! This was fun though I sucked pretty badly.
Resistance.
Fun.

Those two things don’t go well together.
They really don’t.
Uh, okay.

I still thought it was fun. Like the way everyone lived to the end, that's a nice change from mafia.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (isolation #26) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:17 pm

Post by Keychain »

That probably didn't need to be signaled though, like why have 2 sabs when only one is needed? Maybe good guessing from nancy.

The nancy/camn dichotomy bloody hell :lol:
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (isolation #27) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by Keychain »

It drove me up the WALL that I didn't understand but I decided they were both town instead of both scum lol

Have I always been able to edit my posts??
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (isolation #28) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:29 pm

Post by Keychain »

Mathdino wrote:Yes but I'd modkill you for it :P
I made a mod note about it
"don't edit your posts if you can" is something I've seen before in rulesets, but I've never been able to actually do it. I'm more horrified that I went this whole game without realising.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (isolation #29) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:31 pm

Post by Keychain »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I would have thought this, I think this was on the day?
In post 272, camn wrote:That's silly.
If I WERE scum.. I would
certainly
sabotage this round.
Cuz then I wouldn't NEED the double-sab round...Id just need 1 scum of the 4 on the last round. Which would be fresh for scum.

Getting a townpoint here pretty much locks the game.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (isolation #30) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:29 pm

Post by Keychain »

I would, but I think I'd be even more distant unfortunately. Maybe later if there's one available.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (isolation #31) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:55 pm

Post by Keychain »

Oh dang I almost forgot! Thanks for modding Mathdino :]

Return to “Frogstar World B”