Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:48 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

iirc FakeGod doesn't accept bold generics eg
Vig Lexa
, you'll need to make it a proper spell card to count for realsies.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:27 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

When I left, there was 4 pages. Now there are heaps. I was not prepared for this.

Hey so in all my games I super read hard everybody's posts and do massive try hard walls for town. I've decided I'm going to try hard and be as lazy as possible for this game. I appreciate players may go 'Look he is changing his meta, lynch him' and you know what, I don't care anymore. Where not playing for money and I just realised that I'd rather be asleep.

So with that out of the way here's stuff I found interesting on the read:

Gamma
My Sky_Paladin townread is cos they thought my action was serious, meaning they thought Fire was in the game, meaning they weren't paying attention to the player list, meaning they're probably town because scum would peruse the player list to search for dangers
I'm afraid to say I didn't think your action was serious because I don't believe FG would give anybody a day 1 spellcard that was also a dayvig. Because I totally picked a late game character thinking "haha this'll be a vig for sure!" and then I got a load of potatoes. So if somebody actually got a day 1 vig they are probably scum, and that's probably why we got that updated rules from FG going "Oh if somebody gets dayvigged it deosnt end the day and the amount required to lynch a player doesn't change tee hee" so scum can't wait til a wagon is at L-1 and then shoot somebody to end the phase.

Eddie Skies
this post says 'this list contains all 3 scum'
Do we know there are three scum? Am I going to have to read the rules ? sigh
Also 'my avvy is more theme'
no my avvy is Cirno
You lose

Purrcote
Leave cloudman alone
y tho
Votes DLE
Explain please.

Eddie Cane
this
purr convince me why one of the other 7 is worthy of a vote
Why is Purr special? Is this in response to Purr asking people not to vote Brian?

Katyusha
reads
you forgot to include me ;___; /forever alone

General: I enjoy Elibern bring up Eddie for his position (or lack thereof) on Gaiden. This looks like the first Serious Business thing in the thread so far and I'm of the opinion that: Eddie should clarify, given the lack of content from Gaiden.
TBH this is the most I've seen Gaiden post in a game - is it AI?

Conversely Katyusha's post here where she responds to Gaiden makes me think eh, maybe there is content that I just can't see.

This pings me though:
I also felt this was a townie response, scum usually posture when asked this or at least fake a read.
~~

I saw a Brian Skies wagon appear and I got excited but then it ran away, so I guess I'll leave my vote there while I sleep.

ebwop goddamn this was supposed to be a lazy post.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (isolation #3) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:31 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Turns out Eddie Cane and Eddie Skies are different people, I;m sure this won't end badly.
In post 304, Sky_Paladin wrote:Eddie
this post says 'this list contains all 3 scum'

Do we know there are three scum? Am I going to have to read the rules ? sigh
So I read the rules, no number of scum identified.

Like I'm sure this is just a simple case of me reading too much into what people wrote and it's totes not a gotcha but

why did you say three scum?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Hey look at that, I RVS'd onto scum. I take no credit for this, I literally only voted him because he had Skies in his name.

VOTE: Human Sequencer

Sheeping Eddie because why solve the game myself if somebody else will do it for me eh~
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (isolation #5) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:40 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

@MOD

The restriction of 'one spell card per phase' is not actually written in the setup.

Can you please clarify what is intended -
A - Once any player has used a spellcard, no other players can use spellcards during that stage.
B - A player with multiple spell cards can only use one per stage, but other players can also use spellcards in that stage.
C - Some other thing.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (isolation #6) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:29 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Human
so i was gonna lay low and just wait till spots thin out before going in too hard
I'm upgrading my lolvote on Human Sequencer from 'sheeping Eddie' to 'serious vote'.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (isolation #7) » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:21 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

This is a bit disappointing but I have to go VLA because Easter.

I'm fine with Katy vigging HS/scum helpfully hammering themselves.

I feel like Katy is town but I am concerned that so much of the gameplay has thus far revolved around how to use her vig.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:32 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

There probably was? My main concern was they were massively over-reacting and response to pressure was to appear to meltdown and complain that it's not fair without doing anything really.

I mean if I had attracted a whole bunch of votes I would go ok that's fair - I have less posts than other people. I have always argued for a policy lynch of chronic lurkers but it never happens so I thought well why try so hard for the first half of the game and get screwed over mid-game because I wrote a lot and its easy to find problems with people who write a lot, when I could just comment on the things I found interesting and save people the trouble of walls. I can always try hard later if it matters. Suddenly votes appearing = it matters. The best way to get votes off of yourself is to put a better reason for people to vote elsewhere. HS wrote a list of lurking players (myself included) but quantified it as "Why don't these people have votes" instead of "We should put pressure on these players who aren't doing anything, look here is my vote on playerx to show I am serious about advancing the game state".

So when you write a giant wall and don't advance your own game state (still no vote from HS) then you are deadweight and must be destroyed by fire.

Right now though I feel good about some combination of Human Sequence/Text Gen and maybe even Purrcocet all being thrown into the blender. Purrcocet at least has a vote but every time I read their posts I think 'is this shitposting non-content I see?' and want it to meet justice.

TBH I had a strong scum read on Katy from the start of the day but she has posted a lot of content and looks shiny so I think it might just be her white mage avatar bothers me because it's moving and I keep looking at it.

Kiana is my other top town read at the moment. I enjoy wall posters and her tone is a delight to read. Everybody else basically doesn't rate in my eyes yet but that's okay because I don't either.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (isolation #9) » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:53 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Re Text:
i kind of have been easing on TG and think he's town though - what's changing your mind here?
I Became Concerned when Kiana said my 304 was good, and Text said it was not good, but did not clarify what he did not like about it. Why go out of your way to comment over a player who had very little content if you're not going to do anything meaningful about it?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (isolation #10) » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

To clarify further -
When somebody says "player x is doing good" it encourages them to do more of that thing. So when Kiana posted I had warm fuzzies and thought "guess I'll post more later zoop". It needs no further clarification and invites players to question Kiana's motives rather than mine. So that is a risk that Kiana took - if I later flip scum, people remember this and look back at her with sharp eyes.
OTOH when somebody says "player x did a bad" it invites people to look at the player who is 'doing bad' and evaluate but without guidance, eg "Player x did a bad because (reason)!".

So not only did he crap on Kiana (my town read) he also crapped on my cornflakes, and to what end?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (isolation #11) » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:03 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

See look at all these posts. Getting me to post isn't the trick, it's getting me to shut up.

With that I'm off to gorge myself on caramel filled chocolate eggs because my mother dropped by early and will never know I didn't hide them from my diabetic wife first.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:45 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Text Generator
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (isolation #13) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:11 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Nuke’em Rico
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1000 (isolation #14) » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:23 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Back from VLA but it's midnight so zz. See you tomorrow. Have been reading the thread but no real thoughts except I don't understand how Katy's card is so good for a stage 1 character /jealous

Happy scumday Dunnstral.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1001 (isolation #15) » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:32 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

As in I will do a main catchup post in the next few hours
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (isolation #16) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:16 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I'm going V/LA for a couple of days /sheeping Kiana forever.

Back in 48 hours or so.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1059 (isolation #17) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:16 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Oh I forgot. Kiana did you use a spellcard yet? It probably matters.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (isolation #18) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:19 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Let me check.
Day 1 no card because somebody hammered
night 1 nobody used a card because who picks a stage 1 character and gets a vig /sighs at Katy
Day 2 Katy did her thing
Night 2 oh that's after we lynch Text Gen and if the game doesn't end.

OK so it probably doesn't matter.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (isolation #19) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:16 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

tbh I was ready from when Katy vigged but eh I'm not used to lazybones mafia

Text I could almost believe you were town except you don't have Kiana as locktown which means you are obvscum. GG.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (isolation #20) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:48 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I actually strongly considered Cirno (haha strong!) and she was on my list of toons to pick

I would love to banter but I dont want ot fill up the thread with motivation sapping noncontent posts.

hypothetically if tg flips and it's not game over, what do?

I remember katy posted a list of plans earlier but I forgot the details. something like dunn vigs gaiden or rolechecks him I can't remember.

IMO it's not worth checking a low profile player like that - that's what policy lynches are for and friendly neighbourhood spiderscums that are trying to find the doctor.

Come to think of it I'm not on Katy's locktown list yet so I should work out what is going on there. It is always good to make friends with a vig even if they're out of shots.

Although iirc there are usually spellcards to refresh other spellcards.

Katy, on a scale of one to ten, with one being last week's pizza in a blender and 10 being the expensive china on top of the shelf your mother saves for the special guests, whereabouts are you rating me?

Asking for a friend.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (isolation #21) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:51 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Something something lining up lynches/conditional arguments are IIoA etc
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1087 (isolation #22) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:56 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

oh thanks for that quote

I am kind of sheeping this
If anything I'd prefer Purr as the investigative target,
My caution read on Purr is more that Purr out of the blue picked me as a suspect slot some time ago on the back of me saying I wanted him thrown into a blender.
to me I felt
well to some degree we all feel some amount of wifom when somebody wants you to meet the divine bullet of justice.
but I thought look I am playing lazybones mafia how angry could I truly be?
then I thought
I am playing lazybones mafia. How much does my opinion really matter?

how come mine merits attention?

SO I would prefer the detective on Purr myself.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1092 (isolation #23) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:08 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

That is fair.

A conditional argument can form the basis of a strong analysis if that condition is applied in some meaningful way.

eg.
Because of (relationship) between player x and player y, if player x is scum, player y is likely to be also.

from this we can change a simple observation of 'data' into 'information' - which we can make meaningful decisions from. An advance of game state.

If I just posted the above that would fit my version of 'information instead of analysis'. Non content post. Wastes critical player focus.

so instead;

To my snapshot glimpse it did not appear Text Gen was attempting to reconcile meaningful alignment information based on the presumed alignment of another player (HS/Kiana) and, when HS died and flipped scum, did not immediately reconcile this to be "Kiana is therefore town." This therefore looks like a fabricated read and is evidence of scum alignment.

But to be fair, this is a retro-active statement and I am just guessing why Kiana quoted that post.

In reality I scum read TG way back when he made some comment about one of my posts being poor but directed it at Kiana. This just seems to underscore the situation.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1094 (isolation #24) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:10 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

anyway, I need sleep because my taxi comes in 3 hours what the fuck am I still doing up.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (isolation #25) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:14 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Hmmmmmm I'm deeply surprised that none of the obv-town players exploded eg both Katy and Kiana are around today. So whatever Dunn was going to do was probably important.

That was vig 2x players iirc among Hebi/Gaiden/???? anything else I missed?

I'm also disappointed TG flipped town. Come on, couldn't you have at least TRIED to flip scum? That would have been convenient.

So anyway who is left.

SXTLHGaiden - prob town unless Gaiden and Hebi are scum together. Which means 4x scum (possible) but means suicide pact if any of them ever die. Also means scum won't hit either of them because it confirms the other.
Sky_Paladin - obv town because super best friends with everybody forever
Kiana Kaslana - obv town because princess
Katyusha - obv town because she took a hammer to scumtown
Lexa - not sure. I think this is a type of car? Nullslot for me because I've invested 0 effort into reading it. Guess I'll go do that.
DaLetterEl - I think even less content than me so concerns.
Elbirn - I forgot this player existed so probs scum.
hebichan - re: Gaiden. Is either scum or auto-town if Gaiden flips town.
Purrcocet - Despite frequent assurances is definitely not scum feels a lot like scum to me. But feelings eh
Gamma Emerald - same as Lexa. Basically I need to look closer at this slot. They've posted a bit so the lack of read is bad on my part; I should develop a read.

So lets see.

Players who I want to cherish and protect
Katy/Kiana
Probably Gaiden and Hebi unless Hebi comes in and says Gaiden is actually scum in which case I'm grabbing popcorn and a torch

Players I need to look at and be a better player
Lexa, Gamma,

Players that need a fire under their ass and/or need to be set on fire
LetterEl, Eli,

Actual scumread that I need to look and consider if this is a real read or just kneejerk reaction to being shaped for blending
Purrcocet

I'm still effectively VLA for the next three days before I resurrect and destroy all evil.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1311 (isolation #26) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:45 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

If you do intend to shoot me, give me notice so I can claim, and then you'll see why I'm stuck.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1312 (isolation #27) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:47 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Also, you proooobably shouldn't shoot me given my position on the Brian/HS wagon; I should eat a night kill sometime after Kiana/Katy.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1313 (isolation #28) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:57 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Actually, given I am basically afk for the next 72 hours starting in about 3 hours I should probably full claim so we don't have the drama of sitting around waiting for things to happen.

I'll wait a few hours in case somebody wants to chime in and say that I should zip it.

Flavor claim: I'm stage 4 Imperishable Night: Reimu Hakurei.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1317 (isolation #29) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

TBH I thought he would flip scum, but I expected a 4th scum. We have a lot of vigs. Surely they aren't all townsided? If they are, this game gets swingy super fast.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1326 (isolation #30) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:26 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

@Katy
I kind of just want to eviscerate everyone outside of you lexa and gamma though if we can honestly
hmm

Why should we town read Lex/gamma?

@Kiana
I feel like there are four scum. I can't quantify that feeling. It just feels too easy with three scum.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1327 (isolation #31) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:27 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

It was either Reimu or Cirno for me; but I was scared I would get a 'target a player - everybody else who visits that player dies' type from Cirno, and I didn't want to have to deal with it.

My wife cosplayed as Reimu recently so my decision was forced.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (isolation #32) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:27 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I mean yes there were other picks but I knew I was one of the first sign-ups and I was like 99% sure Gaiden would pick Suika because - ALWAYS Suika.

My other picks were Youmu/Alice/Keine.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1336 (isolation #33) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:53 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I think you should trust your instincts, Kiana. I have not been paying sufficient attention to the game to have a strong feeling about the number of scum My thought is just that with 15 players I would anticipate 4 scum.

But I have not factored in the high number of kills available; my heart says that some of these vigs must be scum controlled. But I can't rationalise it.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1360 (isolation #34) » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:03 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Oh, I didn’t realise Kiana wanted me to claim! Ok sure thing.
My card prevents a player from dying but also crushes their card.
It works during the day phase too so I could prevent a player from being lynched.
Naturally I cannot target myself.
It also works during LYLO.

Hypothetically I could have used it last night to protect Kiana but I did not want to crush her card.
It’s potatoes because imo it looks like it hurts town more than helps it; and i can’t use it to protect a player from being vigged because if I use a card, the other player will just use their card another day.

TLDR one shot doc with a bad side effect.

Kiana could use her card today and I could protect her at night, for example.

I considered covering Katy last night but did not want to prevent Hebis check from going off even though I would have preferred it to be used on Purr.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1361 (isolation #35) » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:06 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Also I kind of feel like Katy’s card is higher in the power curve given hers is stage 1 and mine is stage 4; hence my ongoing concern about all our vigs and especially Katy. However her play looks town to me so shrug
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1375 (isolation #36) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:57 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

VLA is done. Girls are getting ready, please wait warmly.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1382 (isolation #37) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:53 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

OK so;

Day 1:
Brian Skies [8]
- Sky_Paladin, Gamma Emerald,
Eddie Cane
Text Generator
, Katyusha, Kiana Kaslana, Lexa,
Brian Skies
[LYNCH]

Not helping:
Human Sequencer
[2] -
Dunnstral
, Purrcocet
Gamma Emerald [1] -
Human Sequencer

Lexa [1] - hebichan
Eddie Cane
[1] - Elbirn
Not Voting [2] - SXTLHGaiden, DaLetterEl

Day 2: Mislynch of Text Gen -
Text Generator [7]
- Sky_Paladin, Lexa, Gamma Emerald, Kiana Kaslana, hebichan, Purrcocet, Katyusha [LYNCH]

Not helping:
hebichan [1] - Elbirn
Not Voting [2] - SXTLHGaiden, DaLetterEl

Fun observations: Sky was first on all final wagons. I'm the doombringer!

Probably suspicious mostly of Elibirn's day 1 vote on Eddie Cane; followed by the vote on Hebichan day 2.
SXTLHGaiden has voted at various parts of the game so the unvote is strategic but I'm not interested in pursuing this slot while we have a psuedo-clear on him. Out of the two AFK'ers, I'd pick DaLetterEl for explosions.

I'm going to look at Lexa/Gamma this phase and see if I can sort them before Kiana gets back.

Lex/gamma before I get into it, want to explain your votes for day 1/day 2?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1383 (isolation #38) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:04 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

@Mod
can we get a timer pause while you find a replacement for DaLetterEl pl0x?

You know, unless somebody is shooting him.

NB this might not be a good idea because:
With 10 alive it takes 6 votes to lynch.
We will be reduced to 9 alive and still require 6 to lynch.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1385 (isolation #39) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:01 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

tell me your unstrategy then
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1391 (isolation #40) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:26 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I think that I probably saw this post when scrolling past earlier in the game and mistook that for a vote from you (Gaiden). You weren't high enough in my likely-scum-candidate list for me to note who you were voting
for
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1394 (isolation #41) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:40 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

sure did, I accidentally attributed something to you that you hadn't done my bad. I'm legit not interested in lynching you this phase because of the psuedo clear on you that will be naturally resolved at some point without me having to do anything.

So for me the main action for this phase is to decide if I am town sorting Lex/Gamma or not, and then to decide what I think about Purr or Eliburn, and then that is probably a wrap.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1411 (isolation #42) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:42 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

i wanna lynch sky paladin though i think PEER PRESSURE
tell me more

tbh scum me would have used my card to crush yours the moment you threatened to vig me so~

There is not really any value in shooting Hebichan to confirm Gaiden because, despite my error previously, is not actually contributing. Sad noises. We'll just have to wait for scum to kill Hebi after they've worked their way through Kiana, Katy, and myself.

You keep wanting me dead Purr. What's your problem? There are plenty of other inactive players to go for. Why am I special to you?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1412 (isolation #43) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:43 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I mean other than our romantic weekend getaway to the Greek hotel with the breathtaking view over the Mediterranean, of course, but you told me we were just friends.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1413 (isolation #44) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Review of Lexa's iso.

Only real issue is day 1 he enabled Brian Skies to self hammer on day 1. TBH somebody had to vote Brian to L-1 and it just happened to be Lexa.

Reads in 260 look sound, I particularly like the early linkage of Brian/TextGen that is probably the source of Lexa's vote on TextGen day 2.
I also particularly like the town lean on me winky face.

Picks HS for scum waffle in 464 and also foreshadows TG vote. Conversely 471 is a bit of a turnaround on TG. 473 logic is a solid town clear for Katy that is enough to remove the remaining shadows I had over Katy.

486 issues with Purr's tone (same), reads I wanna sheep in 489. Clearly indicates to HS why he thinks HS is scum in 551 before more Purr.

Lexa is town. Gamma is up next.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1415 (isolation #45) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:03 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

My card prevents a player from dying but
also crushes their card.
Slow down their, pardner. I'd stop you from being lynched this phase yes, and it'd also stop you from vigging me, because you'd have no card.

What's the reason you're anticipating to be lynched this phase?

Is it because you've done the numbers and realised you're outgunned? Curious minds just gotta know.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1416 (isolation #46) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:06 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I mean if you want to lynch/shoot the doc, go ahead, but, I don't think it will go well for you.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1419 (isolation #47) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I didn't realise your card doesn't work if I still have my card. My card doesn't care if the target has a card or not, it will protect them AND crush a card if they have one.

Hence
and you haven't specified what happens if your target does not have a card
Because it has no impact.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1422 (isolation #48) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Gamma ISO

I think Gamma had the OG read on Brian in 96 when Brian asked if Firebringer was actually in the game.

Early shade on TG 97 to consider for the day 2 vote.

First pages leading up to 100 posts, Gamma throws a lot of town reads on me (a lot for only the first four pages of the game) because I didn't realise Firebringer wasn't in the game. He defends this position to some extent with pokes coming from several places, including Gaiden. I doubt Gamma was pocketing me on account of no real posts from me at this point so it probably comes from town!Gamma.

Townread on HS in 265, oops.

289 and 291 'triggered' on TG, with this being the same post I picked up as a reason to vote TG.

Defends HS in 804; then rolespec in 870 'This looks like a scum ability' on HS.

Random vote on Gaiden in 878 because Gaiden responded to a vote against him. The vote was from Purr because "Don't hurt me". Claims, then changes to Text in 1014 because no interest in Gaiden. Hmmmmmmmmm this bothers me a lot.

And that's a wrap.

Gamma's day 1 looks good but there are a couple of concerning posts, in particular, he had some town read and defends on HS. However in contrast he was probably the first one to push for the Brian Skies lynch on day 1 and basically started this wagon.
Gamma has had a lot of fights with players. I feel like if he was scum, there'd be a lot more players scum reading him.

My only real concern is day 2 he consolidated on Text because he couldn't get traction on a Gaiden lynch.

So I am townlean on Gamma for now.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1423 (isolation #49) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I would have absolutely no problem using my card on Katy as she has used her card already.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1425 (isolation #50) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:11 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Because it gives the impression that you didn't really want to lynch Text, but you settled for it because you couldn't get your preferred lynch of Gaiden.

You hadn't really been driving a lynch of Gaiden at any point and had just voted there almost randomly, however through your game you had highlighted several issues with TG. So you falling back to TG as your preferred lynch is natural but it bothers me because the way you said it was quite weak. You doubled down on your vote later on in 1088 which restored my faith a bit. However, it's just that consolidate to TG (at the time, only Sky and Kiana were voting there) didn't seem like you really believed in scum!TG. I'm struggling to actually pin down what bothers me and I think that it's the fact you revoted and provided a new reason, like you had forgotten all the other things you had posted before.

It's kind of a disconnect and that is what I'm uncomfortable with.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1426 (isolation #51) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:50 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Eliburn ISO:

Starts off with super valid vote on Purr as early as 23 and disagreement with Eddie in 66 that all looks good imo. Asks questions back rather than just satisfies others, continues to drill into Purr. Probably comes from town Eli.

Unvotes in 231 because not sure if Purr/Kat are srs. Actually I can kind of get behind this post as it came a couple of days later in RL and shows that Eli has mellowed a bit and is starting to question his own reads.

252 is an odd post directed at Brian.
Is being apologetic generally a townie thing to you?
I don't really know why but this post pings me.

262 argument with Eddie followed by a vote. Mainly pertinent because in this post that Eli quoted, Eddie had listed Brian/HS as his top scum picks, followed by Text Gen oops then me.
Pertinent why - did Eddie ever become a credible counter-wagon to Brian? Arguable - here's the tally.

Eddie Cane [2]
-
Text Generator
, Elbirn
Text Generator [1]
- hebichan
Brian Skies [2]
- Sky_Paladin, Gamma Emerald
DaLetterEl [1] - Purrcocet
Human Sequencer [3]
-
Dunnstral, Eddie Cane
, Katyusha
Gamma Emerald [2] -
Human Sequencer,
DaLetterEl

Not Voting [4] - SXTLHGaiden, Kiana Kaslana,
Brian Skies
, Lexa

Almost immediately after this tally (about two pages later) is when the Brian Skies wagon takes off. Elibirn never gets on the wagon and stays on Eddie, who flips green.

Start of day 2 I check how to spell the name - it's Elbirn! All this time I thought it was Eli. My apologies.

Also checks in with 459 and says Katy's vig is useless if scum can just self hammer. Like they did in the previous phase.
IMO this is not true; and it is also factually not true re: HS.

I can abide by this from the position that Katy's role was not explicitly town with her L-1 constraint; it became town when she used it to put HS out of his misery as she could always have pushed the angle of "Let's put a few more players at L-1" in order to have a credible alternate target. But Elbirn could not have known this at the start of day 2.

Votes for Hebichan in 517 for changing their read on Eddie, which is a good catch. Probs town Elb.

I realised this is becoming a wall and I promised myself I was not going to try hard this game.

So I'll ezymode the rest.

828 calls out HS for his role claim being awkward. Probs town Elb.

This is a thing though:
Actually waif why are we lynching TG and not Hebi who is my counter claim?
Sky I found it funny that you said you forgot who I am because I swear to high hell you're not a player in this game
We have nearly the same number of posts :<
I think I'm gonna card smash people who don't claim.
Vote Sky_Paladin
???

~~~

Townpiling Elbirn for now but I'm conflicted. My gut says this is a scum slot. But there's nothing in the posts that actually looks scummy and conversely there are a lot of towny posts.

Welp Hebi and Purr are up next.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1427 (isolation #52) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:07 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

So let's see. Hebi is one of the few players who is not dead and yet has less posts than me.

Early activity was called out by Elbirn for changing read on Eddie, yadda yadda.

Mainly I'm annoyed that the card was used on Gaiden instead of Purr who has a lot of posts and interactions that would be useful to go back and read if they flipped later, and also because Hebi posted this in 569;
I think purr is scum pretty likely at this point, and I am about to make a post to case that.
Case is in 574 as:
I think purr is pushing the most active person off the wagon is a bit weird...

I feel like human sequencer could be one of those townies who just tends to fencesit, and his breaking under pressure doesn't feel like scum so much as frustrated town.

Purr on the other hand seemed to have waited until there was a bit of momentum on HS and just sort of trolled and didn't provide content until then, and reads lists can be easily faked, even if its one that on its own is pretty decent. I just feel like the posts around

VOTE: purr

I also think there's at least one scum on the brian wagon and brian self voted to push them through town scrutiny.
Didn't help lynch Brian. Complains of feeling lost/not contributing a lot. Strange to put a lampshade on it. I straight up admitted I was not trying hard and that I'd been not following the game properly (as evidenced by me thinking Gaiden had voted for example). I don't like it. Day 2 switches to HS, claims, switches to TG in 1055 because:
I liked it before and I like it now.
Hmm. While Hebi did vote TG in RVS, I'm not sure I remember an actual scumread on TG from Hebi at any point. Let me check.

Last mention of Text Gen was in 569 as:
Kat, And Text generator are probably town at this point.
One of these things is not like the other. Probably scum!Hebi here.

And here we are today with a vote on me because ??? oh well.

I think Purr shooting Hebi would be fantastic because:
Hebi flips green = Gaiden is town.
Hebi flips red - Purr probably town.
If not game over: Sky protects Katy.
Next day phase: Vigs away.

I think Kiana had something she wanted to do with her card though.

Well lemme go check Purr and then decide if I want to put a vote down somewhere.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1428 (isolation #53) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:08 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

VOTE: Hebi

I think this is the right move. I just recalled that Hebi asked for who they should check and was given Gaiden or Purr as options, when they really should have checked Purr because Purr was one of Hebi's reads.

Also the reversal on Text Gen seems bad.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1429 (isolation #54) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:09 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Well that's two and a half hours of mafia, time to take break before I tackle the cat's posts.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1430 (isolation #55) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Napkin math do not read this as an absolute plan to action, it's a 'hypothetically, ...'

Purr shoots Hebi. If Hebi = red -> town lynches Purr - max 4 scum, town win. Because Hebi refusing to check Purr is probably scum!Purr if Hebi is scum.
Else, town lynches DaLetterEl.

If not game over; night phase Sky protects Katy. Mafia probably nightkills Kiana, Sky, or now town-confirmed Gaiden.

Remaining player pool is reduced to Katy, Purr/Gamma/El/Lex, and one of Kiana, Sky or Gaiden. Gamma vigs Sky and (Purr or El), and if the game isn't over, town lynches whichever of Purr or El is still around.

Following night, scum kills one of (Kiana/Katy). Following day (LYLO) has (Kiana or Katy), Gamma, and Lexa, with all three as town reads, and one of Kiana/Katy remaining as locktown. So I don't think we will reach that point; I think it will be game over all scum dead either this day phase or the following day phase.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1435 (isolation #56) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:37 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

What about a replacement for DaLetterEl?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1445 (isolation #57) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:19 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Gaiden is only confirmed town in the scenario where Hebi (who has a cop result on Gaiden as town) flips green. In the scenario I wrote below it's assuming Purr shoots Hebi this phase (or we lynch Hebi) to get a town confirmed Gaiden, who scum are now obliged to kill before LYLO.

Bolded for emphasis;
Purr shoots Hebi. If Hebi = red -> town lynches Purr - max 4 scum, town win. Because Hebi refusing to check Purr is probably scum!Purr if Hebi is scum.
Else, town lynches DaLetterEl.

If not game over; night phase Sky protects Katy. Mafia probably nightkills Kiana, Sky, or
now
town-confirmed Gaiden.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1453 (isolation #58) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:43 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Unless

Hebi is scum

?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1468 (isolation #59) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

@Fakegod

Deadline is still paused at 48 hours yes?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1470 (isolation #60) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Oops, I missed that. Thanks FG.

Re Hebi/Elbirn: We have a number of players who have some variety of vig; so some overlap in other roles is plausible. I don't think any of those vigs are exact copies of one another though - are you saying, Elbirn, that Hebi exactly claimed your role?

If both are town, I wonder if we have any other protection roles? So far it's just my doc and I think somebody claimed jailer at some point.

Purr
maybe use gamma role to shoot hebi and dle giving us 2 confs in [gaiden,katy] and nolynch today
I think the first part of this (shoot Hebi/Dle) is probably a good option, and I'm against a no-lynch.

SXTLHGaiden - no card/conditional town with Hebi flip
Sky_Paladin - use card on Katy tonight
Titus - card + locktown forever
Katyusha - no card + locktown forever
Lexa - card + town
NicoRobin - card + non-existent chaos slot.
Elbirn - card + town-lean but very little content other than counterclaim Hebi, but not actioning this (as highlighted by Hebi). Needs to Do Something.
hebichan - no card; not really existing, needs to Do Something. So far the best value from this slot is by flipping it so...should we just flip it? Also helps that I have a scum read on this slot.
Purrcocet - card, lots of posts, I should evaluate today, ugh.
Gamma Emerald - card, probably town, if he vigs a scum today, probably locktown.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1480 (isolation #61) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:55 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: NicoRobin

Maybe Gamma can vig Hebi/Purr for us except we might need those players to vote so *shrug*
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1482 (isolation #62) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:59 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Not Voting [5] - SXTLHGaiden, Titus, Katyusha, NicoRobin, Gamma Emerald
X____X
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1487 (isolation #63) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:52 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Divine Arts "Omnidirectional Demon-Binding Circle" - Katyusha
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1493 (isolation #64) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:52 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

VOTE: Hebichan
Dumb question..What is this and how could a player post at night?
*carrot munching sounds*
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1496 (isolation #65) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:56 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I think we probably want Gamma to vig Purrcocet and Hebichan.

This will probably provoke Purrcocet to vig me first, so I guess we'll see what happens with Damocles over the cat's head.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1500 (isolation #66) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:50 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

If I was in Purr's situation I would shoot immediately to prevent being shot myself. So if you are going to do it, take your shot. You may not get another chance.

As to your second target,,,well. My preference is Hebi. Elbirn I think is town from posting but my gut says something's not right with the slot.

It's your card, do what you want.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1512 (isolation #67) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Sigh I was wrong on both. I'm sorry. I really thought Hebi AND/OR Purr would be scum.

So the only players left that I have concerns about are Elbirn, and Nico (who I'd forgotten existed) who was formerly DaLetterEl. These are mainly inactivity picks now though.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1517 (isolation #68) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:41 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Hey Elbirn gimme your reads real quick

Also Robin is, as they say, 'active elsewhere on the site', so come in here and exist pl0x.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1525 (isolation #69) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:30 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Why shoot purrc when he was bloody obvious town, and why not give him the opportunity to shoot you when that sort of rash reaction would basically be a scumclaim?
This strategy would have been fine if Gamma had shot yesterday; we would have been free for you to vig me today. But Gamma didn't shoot and we had a no lynch. So effectively our game plan was stalled by a stage-or-two. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll still get to vig me sooner or later.

@Mod
prods pl0x. Also @Mod. Would *YLO be announced in this game?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1527 (isolation #70) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:47 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Many thanks.
What do reads even mean when there's one scum left

Like I thought it was hebi or you and hebi flipped town and you and some other people speaking in riddles seem to have enacted an illuminati level global conspiracy to do some shit

I assume you're all in some huge neighborhood talking strategy and I can't imagine why this game has stalled and I've been so disengaged nope not a clue
Well I'll assure you I'm not in any neighborhoods (and haven't been all game). Perhaps if we have some town neighborhoods going they would like to share their private discussions with the class?

I'm interested in your reads because it's good that you can point to scum and why but I'm also interested in why you have other slots as town. I'll let the assumption that there's only one scum left slide because without a *YLO it's just speculation until game over.

So for me Kiana/Titus are locktown, and so is Katy, because of their actions in the early game bagging 2x scum. I feel like I helped a little but it was mainly just a lucky RVS that I chose to lazytown and stay on.
Gamma/Lex are mid tier town for me, with Lex a little more towny than Gamma because I like Lex's reasoning or something, I can't remember what I said last time.
Then we have the troublesome afk slots which is Nico and yourself.

??? what are you going to do to change the situation if you dislike it so?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1528 (isolation #71) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:48 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I mean "guess I'll die" is a valid strat but I can't see a town player doing that. Which is why I pushed for Purr getting shot over letting Purr shoot me. I know I'm town, and Purr had over 250 posts that are almost entirely non-content. Struggling to understand why you saw this slot as town. Maybe you could tell me your secrets?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1530 (isolation #72) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

No. You need to read the game you lazy fuck. You may be a locktown slot but if you don't know the game state you are no use to me.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1531 (isolation #73) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:16 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I realise that came out harsher than I meant.

Your prior comment that you didn't know we could use spell cards during the night phase, combined with you being oblivious to Katy's vig (and Kiana/Sky's involvement) strongly implies you haven't read the game.

I'd like some assurance you are at least paying attention to what is going on.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1532 (isolation #74) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:36 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

VOTE: Elbirn

Forever alone.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1534 (isolation #75) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:27 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

It comes off to me as lazyscum who wants somebody to feed them their reads. You should ask all the players not just the ones who are posting (which is just me apparently). If I didn't already have you locktown I would be asking "Do you have examples of doing this in recent town games?" but I'm never voting you unless we're in LYLO and its you, me and Katy, so don't spend your time on that. I would like you to read the game because at the moment my main scum reads are
also the most inactive players
and that position does not sit well with me. If Gamma/Lex are scum, they've probably eluded me.

I ISO'd Elbirn and a couple of other players in the prior day phase; my reads were largely in line with Katy/Kiana although I was less convinced on town!Gamma than they were (iirc).

This was mainly off the back of me basically sheeping Kiana from day 1 because I really liked her intro posts - they seemed stronk town and her involvement in getting Human and Brian reinforced my position. So I liked Katy and your slot from probably the middle of day 1 although I had suspicions about Katy even after she'd vigged HS because we had soooo many vigs. I also ISO'd Lex and I'm pretty happy with Lexa.

Elbirn's posts look good and check in and look towny a lot but I just get a bad feeling about the slot. He has also had issues with me for being inactive; which was valid at the start of the game because I was V/LA for nine days although now he is more inactive so shrugface. his posts this day phase don't inspire me with a whole lot of "LOOK THIS IS A TOWN SLOT" confidence. So I thought "Let's vote here and see what happens."
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1541 (isolation #76) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:26 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

NicoRobin picked up the prod.
But they didn't post in this game, so...?

Hi ActionDan, long time no see.
we need to do something here
Half the phase has gone and half the players haven't posted anything of substance. What do?

I'm not averse to pushing through a NicoRobin lynch if time starts running short.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1543 (isolation #77) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:34 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Sky Pally you go first and popcorn it
I don't know what you mean by popcorn it?

Wfff I already gave my reads twice on this page sigh.

Handsomest tier: Sky
Top tier town: Katy/Titus
Next-best-tier: Lexa
Cake-tier: Gamma
Scummers: NicoRobin/DaLetterEl, Elbirn
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1546 (isolation #78) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Hmm

Tempted to pick Titus because they gave the position of "Dont want to be influenced by group think" so they should probably have gone first.

Elbirn already said they don't have reads/reads don't matter (which I disagree). And Nico does not exist.

Out of Lex/Gamma I am most interested in seeing Gamma's reads.

So in the interest of not stalling the game vorever, I choose Gamma-type Pokemon.
wtf is cake-tier lmao
Well, a good cake has several layers, like an ogre.

My personal favourite is cookies and cream cheesecake for the middle tier in between two chocolate cakes, sealed in with a thick layer of caramel sauce.

In this context, cake-tier means 'this person is a town read for me, however is the least confident of my town reads'.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1547 (isolation #79) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:38 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

vorever
uh

I don't know how I made that typo

It certainly isn't because I was talking about Gamma and comparing him favourably to cake.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1548 (isolation #80) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:41 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Gamma, I see you are online. How about those reads?

Notice me pl0x sempai
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1551 (isolation #81) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:38 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Could you try once more with feeling? Because 4x meh reads doesn't cut it at this point in the game, especially considering you just shot two town players. Sure, Lex and I suggested the targets, but you pulled the trigger - I presume you had at least some reason for picking those players of your own basis.

I'm personally town-reading Lex from a quick ISO I did in this post and I've yet to see any reason to change my position.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1552 (isolation #82) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:46 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

AKA I am concerned that you (Gamma) took the advice of two players you have ranked as 'meh' to shoot to other slots. I guess I would like to see a bit more depth into the players you have ranked as 'meh' and why; I can at least respect that Nico/Elbirith could be 'meh' for inactivity, but Lex/Sky have been doing stuff.

To quote you
here:
That's bullshit, how have you not found anything to interpret my alignment from in the past 400 posts?
In the prior day phase you have a number of reads on me all expressed as town. Could you please explain what's changed and why you can not differentiate myself/Lex from Nico/Elbirith?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1554 (isolation #83) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:29 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Elbirn
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1558 (isolation #84) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:46 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

It's basically because Kiana's entry had her destroying a good chunk of the scum team, as epitomised by posts like 344;
Hello mister. You are calling a post that I called literally "good" up above saying it's "really bad". Is it because Gamma voted for Brian Skies? Are you Brian Skies's partner then!

I think Human Sequencer is Brian Skies's buddy, if BS flips scum.
I could buy a scum player bussing one of their team to death, but two of them? Those are some pretty big cajones.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1559 (isolation #85) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:49 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Actually that makes me think it might be worth ISO'ing Brian/Human and seeing if there's anything there.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1561 (isolation #86) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:04 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Combined ISO of Brian/Human here tis

HS seems to care about Elbirn and Gamma. Brian quotes Elbirn a lot.

129 130 bother me.

145 is a post very similiar to the nature of the one that Kiana picked up to find Human in the first place - it quotes a big post of Gamma's (where Gamma votes Human Sequencer) and says that Gamma's post is 'bad', but not scummy.

243 townreads on Elbirn...
405 giant wall that includes townread on Elbirn; mainly Elbirn's position 'resonates with me' rather than actually calling scum/town.

Reads from HS day 2
zoop
text generator light scum
kat is town but if the vig doesn't drop i'll start worrying more
elbirn kinda town
i dunno how much of it is just me liking how he posts though
So overall I see from Human/Brian main focus on each other and only a few other players - specifically Elbirn and Gamma - and basically no interest outside of that group.

That's probably Lex/NicoRobin in my town pile and tbh I think all town players should also have me in town too at this point. I'm happy for a lynch on either Elbirn or Gamma at this stage.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1562 (isolation #87) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:06 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

To clarify, I'm adding Lex/Nico to my townlock slots. Reads now go
Town: Titus/Dan/Lex, then Nico, then Gamma, then Elbirn.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1567 (isolation #88) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I'm gonna be that guy.

@Fakegod
NicoRobin picked up the prod.
NicoRobin Apr 13, 02:17am Apr 13, 02:17am
8 days
11 hours
They haven't though?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1571 (isolation #89) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:52 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Sky_Paladin [0] -
Titus [0] -
ActionDan [0] -
Lexa [0] -
NicoRobin [2] - Lexa, Titus
Elbirn [1] - Sky_Paladin
Gamma Emerald [2] -

Not Voting [4] - ActionDan, NicoRobin, Elbirn, Gamma Emerald
72 hours left. If we no lynch again because of inactivity I am out.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1574 (isolation #90) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:33 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Gamma 1510
if Nico isn't really engaged they're probably town
Gamma 1549
meh tier:
Sky_Paladin, Elbirn,
NicoRobin
, Lexa
meh I have enough data to be fine with voting Nico now
Congrats, you're now more scummy than Elbirn.

Lex, as the only other town player actively posting, thoughts on lynching Gamma?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1575 (isolation #91) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:34 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

At this stage I think we probably have 4 scum, and that Gamma/Elbirn are the remaining two.

Which means this is LYLO so wake up.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1583 (isolation #92) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:49 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Did I mention that I was doing some research?
You have mentioned a couple of times that you are going to do something but I don't recall you ever explaining how you reached your conclusions.

~~

Lex/Dan/Titus please exist and put your thoughts in the thread. I am considering to vote Gamma, and if they're town and there's four scum, that will be game over, we lose. I want to have some kind of sounding board because I can't derive alignment from nothing, unlike Gamma, who has gone from town on Nico to scum on Nico from 0 posts.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1585 (isolation #93) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:54 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I mean it's the person I have the least confidence on
meh tier:
Sky_Paladin, Elbirn, NicoRobin, Lexa
Explain using words.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1587 (isolation #94) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:12 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Lex/Dan/Titus please exist and put your thoughts in the thread.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1623 (isolation #95) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

so we lynch elbirn first and if the game doesnt end then we lynch dle if elbirn is town and titus if elbirn is scum
I am probably down with step 1 although I don't follow how town!Elbirn = scum!Titus. But that's okay, I'm banking on scum!Elbirn.

IIRC the hated status from previous Touhou U-Pick games was only on the phase the card was used; so it's probably not going to provoke a scum quickhammer.
Countdown to deadline: 1 day, 16 hours, 23 minutes
Titus/Dan/Gamma please vote.
All of your votes are required
; Elbirn won't self-vote and Nico probably won't vote at all. Note that due to the casualties we received in this phase we still need 5 to achieve the lynch even though we only have 7 players.

AKA if there are two scum then I just realised it's probably game over outside of night shenanigans since town can't control this lynch.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1654 (isolation #96) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:10 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Nico is not cleared; from a brief iso of Human/Brian they were solely concerned with arguing against Katy/Kiana and handing out reads on a select group of players - each other, Gamma, and Elbirn. As well as that, DLE has felt largely isolated and unimpactful throughout the entire game however they were somewhat active during day 1. DLE wasn't on either of the lynches but had issues with Gamma/Human. So for that reason I put Nico as 'probably not scum' although looking at DLE's iso he had interactions with Human that concern.

Elbirn's tone in particular feels passive aggressive to me. Re self-hammering - I think there's no reason to do this as town even to avoid a no-lynch, but I can understand your thought process and if your self-hammer causes us to lose wouldn't give you shit for it.

From my PoV though:
Kiana/Titus and Katy/Dan are psuedo-confirmed town due to mainly being responsible for the Human/Brian kills.
Lex is quite likely town, from my previous iso here.

So that leaves Gamma/Elbirn, both who I had initial town reads on (over Purr/Hebi). I mainly sheeped Eddie for the start of the game and once I had to develop reads on my own they were terrible apparently.

Eddie
so far this is turning out to be a game that's easier to townhunt than scumhunt, i'm not really confident in any of those individuals being red
This is still true.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1655 (isolation #97) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:11 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Hey we have a bunch of players on, maybe we can do one of those town brain storming things.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1656 (isolation #98) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:19 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

It's almost like every time I post everybody disappears for 48 hours.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1662 (isolation #99) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:28 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I don't get it but anyway

Deadline frozen at 48 hours so we can see the new Nico.

I'm kind of semi-interested in seeing if a new person coming in can bring some extra insight.

Dan is due for a prod
so he might do something? I dunno. AFK-Dan is town-tell though so nothing new there.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1664 (isolation #100) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:44 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Well while we're waiting, maybe we should discuss card use in the upcoming night/day stages.

IIRC Elbirn claimed cop/DLE claimed vig.
Katy/Dan, Gamma and Sky have used their cards, leaving Titus and Lex as the only card holders and I have no idea wtf their cards do.

If we lynched Elbirn and asked DLE to vig (insert choice here) to help narrow the choices down?

Probably full claim from Elbirn now since he's at L-1.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1671 (isolation #101) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:38 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Gamma used their card during this phase to vig Purr and Hebi (which were targets I had nominated). He said that using the card made him hated x2 although I believe it's only for this phase.
Right? 11/4 would make sense.
There's been no consensus on this; but I personally think there's four scum and that it's Gamma/Elbirn.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1672 (isolation #102) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:41 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

There are 7 players alive, but it's reported as 9 because FakeGod made a rule that vigs don't reduce the total vote requirements.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1679 (isolation #103) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:17 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Wait for it
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1682 (isolation #104) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:24 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Interesting

Continue.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1685 (isolation #105) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:26 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

If Nico was scum all this time and I just stalled the game a week in RL for nothing I'll be a sad fairy. But I guess we should let this play out in all its macabre horror.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1697 (isolation #106) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:26 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

The train-wreck unexpectedly stopped before I could see a satisfying conclusion. Disappointing.

I guess I'll just jump in with the obvious.

Shattiel
Actually why is sky town?
This question would be appropriate coming from one of the long term players in the game (or even Dan since he's been around presumably 'doing something' for the last three days) but you just came in fresh and haven't read the game yet.

In other words, I'd like some thought put in to explaining why this was one of your entry posts.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1698 (isolation #107) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:29 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I'll be more specific.

What prompted you to ask this?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1710 (isolation #108) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:16 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

@sky explain to me gamma/elbirn I'll hear you out
I could

but

I would much rather you read the game and come to your own conclusions first, and then we can discuss it. I will be around.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1712 (isolation #109) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:18 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

If it's Gamma and Elbrin, Gamma shooting just made this lylo and we must have Shattiel's vote on Elbrin.
While this is true, Shattiel is doing a very good job at convincing me that it's actually just Shattiel, so I guess if that's the case, she'll just hammer town!Elbirn, or let it go to no-lynch.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1713 (isolation #110) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:23 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

@sky explain to me gamma/elbirn I'll hear you out
You can presume that I've already done this and that my reads are suitably explained through the game/ISO, but for your reference, my reads are:

Most town:
Katy/Dan, Kiana/Titus
Lex, Shattiel (Despite your best efforts)
Gamma
Elbirn

If I had to line them up in order from super best town friends forever through to, uh, not, the order is:
Katy/Dan, Kiana/Titus, Lex, Shattiel, Gamma, Elbirn

If you get to your "I'm all caught up!" post and you still aren't satisfied let me know and I'll go through it again.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1716 (isolation #111) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:25 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Actually you know what, I'm going to shut up and let you finish. Feel free to ignore my posts until you've done your re-read.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1733 (isolation #112) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:12 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Let me know when you're all caught up with a clear "OK I'm caught up" post.

TBH we never got this from Titus either but I at least feel now she kind of has a handle on the game state.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1736 (isolation #113) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:14 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Now I want to here you guys reasons for voting them
Your slot has been dead in the water the entire game and the only reason you are still around is because we hit deadline in the prior phase.

We urgently need alignment information posts from you, and that means reads.

Read the game. I'll wait.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1738 (isolation #114) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:40 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

OK, maybe things are done differently on MU.

For me, could you please write just a list of 'Most town' through to 'most scum' so I can get in one post a clear understanding of where you are in the game state.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1741 (isolation #115) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:08 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

From my position -

Kiana/Katy (that is Titus and ActionDan slots now) have been locktown since day 2, when they largely bagged two scum, Katy in particular by vigging Human dead.

Kiana looked super town to me from her posts and Katy's scumhunting combined with her vig made me believe they were probably town, and there was actually a post that Lexa went through that felt so strong that I had to agree.

I had nagging doubts because it seemed like we had too many vigs.

In the prior day phase I had done an ISO on the rest of the players except Purr because time ran out; but I had a few interactions with Purr that gave me bad feelings. Also, the vig of Gaiden to 'confirm' Hebi seemed super convenient and I was suspicious. Purr had threatened to vig me this day phase and since I knew I was town and was pretty sure Purr was scum, I asked Gamma to vig those two.

Turns out both my top scum reads were town. Also, I had previously thought Text Generator was scum and was wrong on that lynch, along with Katy and Kiana.

At the start of the game I was VLA for nine days, and had just come out of a game that I had to try so hard that I got burned out. I was sick of writing walls. So I decided that this game, I would try hard to not try hard. Players like ActionDan and Gaiden pretty much afk out and are widely town read for it and people actually read their gosh-darn posts. I write giant walls and find that I'm lucky if people even notice I posted. You in fact quoted a big chunk of my early day 1 posts where I gave out reads on why I thought Kiana was town etc etc and called it nonsense so :V catch-22. I mean sure, many of my early game posts were weak and I do not pretend otherwise. However, the situation has changed significantly since then.

Katy and Kiana both had town reads on Gamma and Lex before they subbed out. I did not originally have these, although in my ISO I had Elbirn and Gamma as town, with Lex the strongest of those.

Along these, DaLetterEl - that's your slot - was basically a null because you had such little content. I think your slot claimed vig or something but I can't really remember.

At the time Gamma made the vig I truthfully thought it was game over because most of the town players (or the players that I thought were town) had POE'd it down to those two players. So I didn't look any further into it until they flipped green. From about post 1512 is when I went uh oh the game is not solved and started to look more carefully at my reads.

The game was dragging on and went to a no lynch the prior phase so I tried hard to generate activity to get players to wake up and act because if we no lynched again, there was every chance that this was actually LYLO and it was game over. I then tried to prod Gamma and Elbirn about their reads and they were resistant; I also had problems getting Titus to read the game, she was unware obvstuff like Katy had vigged scum or why I was using a spell card during the night phase.

Gamma was one of my townier reads of my mid tier cake reads. Lex asked us to popcorn our reads and picked me; I put out my reads at the time (I think I picked Elbirn and Nico (your slot) as scum) and then picked Gamma to go. Gamma gave 'Katy/Kiana' as his only town reads, and everybody else as 'meh'. Which was not really satisfactory to me, because he'd just vigged two players at my suggestion and I would have thought he would have actually pulled the trigger only after thinking about why he was doing it - 'meh' doesn't show thought, it shows the lack of it. Which bothered me. So I tried to poke him some more and get some better responses and to my mind these were not forthcoming.

Elbirn asked why Kiana was being town read (Titus slot), and Gamma explained -
It's more that scum's responses to her are anti-partner telling
And I quoted 1588
Sky
It's basically because Kiana's entry had her destroying a good chunk of the scum team, as epitomised by posts like 344;
Kiana
Hello mister. You are calling a post that I called literally "good" up above saying it's "really bad". Is it because Gamma voted for Brian Skies? Are you Brian Skies's partner then!

I think Human Sequencer is Brian Skies's buddy, if BS flips scum.
Sky
I could buy a scum player bussing one of their team to death, but two of them? Those are some pretty big cajones.
And that made me think, hang on a second, the way that Kiana caught Human was by looking at Brian Skies activity.

So I figured I'd go do the same with the current game state and that lead to post 1561 where I benchmarked my reads to where they stand now.

In post 1561, Sky_Paladin wrote:Combined ISO of Brian/Human here tis

HS seems to care about Elbirn and Gamma. Brian quotes Elbirn a lot.

129 130 bother me.

145 is a post very similiar to the nature of the one that Kiana picked up to find Human in the first place - it quotes a big post of Gamma's (where Gamma votes Human Sequencer) and says that Gamma's post is 'bad', but not scummy.

243 townreads on Elbirn...
405 giant wall that includes townread on Elbirn; mainly Elbirn's position 'resonates with me' rather than actually calling scum/town.

Reads from HS day 2
zoop
text generator light scum
kat is town but if the vig doesn't drop i'll start worrying more
elbirn kinda town
i dunno how much of it is just me liking how he posts though
So overall I see from Human/Brian main focus on each other and only a few other players - specifically Elbirn and Gamma - and basically no interest outside of that group.

That's probably Lex/NicoRobin in my town pile and tbh I think all town players should also have me in town too at this point. I'm happy for a lynch on either Elbirn or Gamma at this stage.
So now you have given me your list of reads. Fabulous.

It comes as no surprise to me that you have super conveniently picked Titus and ActionDan for your obv-town.

I am surprised that you have put Lexa as one of your scum reads, and I am super surprised that you have picked me as your number one scum read.

So I'll leave it at that for now and get some sleep and see the situation as it stands tomorrow.

If you could be so kind as to at least read this day phase - it's only a quarter of the game and I think that's not unreasonable - you can probably get a better picture.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1742 (isolation #116) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:14 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

It's nearly 3 am and I'm not really thinking properly, but my thought process basically is -

That list of reads looks super contrived for a player who seemingly just jumped into the game.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1743 (isolation #117) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:25 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

@Gamma

You are saying your hated status carries to the next phase, yes?

I didn't pay attention to this properly.

So if we (hypothetically) mislynch today, and scum kills another towny, the next day phase is 5 players, but you're hated at -2. So if there are two scum any of them can just hammer you and it's GG.

Is that about the situation?

So we are not truly in LYLO now. I wonder why I have been thinking that for this whole time.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1783 (isolation #118) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Dan: The following players have claimed or used vigs.

Gamma
DLE/NicoRobin/Shattiel claimed vig here
Katy - killed scum!HS with it day 2.
Purr (flipped green)
Human Sequencer claimed some complicated vig thing but the slot was scum so wifom.

Of these, the only surviving vig shot that we know if is Shattiel's.

Other game state stuff:
Sky_Paladin - card used (Protect one player, crush their card) on Katy night 3.
Kiana Kaslana/Titus - card unused, no claim.
Katyusha ActionDan - card used (vig player who has been at L-1) on Human Sequencer day 2 to flip red.
Lexa - card unused, claimed as 2x card crush + extra unclarified feature.
DaLetterEl/NicoRobin/Shattiel - card unused, claimed vig.
Elbirn - card unused, claimed as 1x card crush.
Gamma Emerald - card used, claimed as vig player x with card and player y with no card. Used to vig Purr/Hebi (both green).

Brian - card unused, unclaimed, dead.
Eddie - card unused, unclaimed, dead.
Human - card unused, claimed as complex vig, dead.
Text - card unused, claimed as vote remover + jailer, dead.
Dunnstral - card unused, claimed as 'get alignment of player with no spellcard', dead.
Gaiden - card unused, claimed as 'become unkillable for this stage' and 'make target player L-1'. Dead.
hebichan - card used night 2, claimed as 'get alignment of player x' and also crush their card. Used to get Gaiden's alignment. Dead.
Purrcocet - card unused, claimed as 'vig player x if they have no card'.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1801 (isolation #119) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:13 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Elbirn seems to have checked out of the game?

Lexa tell me about your Shattiel vote. TBH their entry made me angry and I wanted to vote there but then I thought about it and figured well, they are driving activity and advancing the game state. They may not be progressing in a way that I like but they are doing 'something' which is better than nothing.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1807 (isolation #120) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:33 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I will get on to that re-check of HS for you in the next 2-3 hours
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1829 (isolation #121) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:24 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

OK, I think this noise has to stop.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Shattiel

I've gone through Shattiel's games on the site and in all the games they subbed in for they immediately went and did a re-read, even for games longer than this one, and in none of them were they so forwardly aggressive.

While I appreciate you are generating content you're not really engaging players - you're just throwing out wild accusations. I can do without this.

Congratulations, you managed to make a slot that I was sure was town by POE become scum.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1830 (isolation #122) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:25 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Hypothetically if you were to survive this phase, who would you vig and why?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1853 (isolation #123) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:20 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Given that only one card can be used per phase, there is some value in knowing whether Lexa or Titus should use their card in the upcoming night phase.

If we fail to lynch Shattiel they also have a vig that they will certainly use, preventing either of you from using your cards.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1855 (isolation #124) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:47 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Unless your card explicitly gets around this restriction; a card has already been used in this stage so yours is currently blocked.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1858 (isolation #125) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:51 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

While I still cannot see this in the main rules, I think there was a pm sent out about it or something? In any case this was posted somewhere during day 2 I think.

FakeGod
Once any player has used a spell card, no other players can use spell cards during that stage.

There are no players with more than one spell cards in this setup.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1863 (isolation #126) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:03 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Each day phase and night phase is a different stage. Once your stage has begun, you are free to use your card whenever, provided nobody else has already used theirs in that 'stage'.

I'm not at all interested in lynching ActionDan, Titus, or Lexa. I'm now happy to lynch any out of Shattiel, Elbirn or Gamma, although Gamma is my least preferred out of those three.

In the world where there are two scum left, I think it's probably Elbirn and Gamma, and a town flip on Elbirn means I would need to reconsider my other reads.

In the world where there's only one scum left, I think it's Shattiel; and Dan's clarification on FakeGod meta re: One vig in scum hands does seem to suggest that is the world we are living in.

A town flip on Shattiel doesn't actually net us much because I don't think DaLetterEl ever voted anywhere meaningfully and they've had little interactions prior to Shattiel.

I don't think Shattiel towned it up at all despite their continued insistence that they are obv-town, they are anything but. I feel that any player actually attempting to solve the game would have read the game, yourself included.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1865 (isolation #127) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:06 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

That's really random. Both Shattiel and Elbirn were on two votes each.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1866 (isolation #128) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:11 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Gamma, what are your thoughts on Shattiel?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1876 (isolation #129) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Her aggressive pursuit of Human Sequencer and Brian Skies is as close to a mechanic clear as we can get.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1877 (isolation #130) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

and now I want to lynch Elbirn again hngnnnnnng
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1878 (isolation #131) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:29 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

No, there's been enough deadline flirting. I'll commit to the Shattiel lynch.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1889 (isolation #132) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:58 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I'm here and can hammer.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1906 (isolation #133) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:43 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I'm letting Dan finish his review. There's every chance scum will hit him tonight because Katy-slot so I'll give him as much time as we can now.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1919 (isolation #134) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:21 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Sky won't talk to me
It's not that, it's just I'm super busy. I am right now on the phone to my wife in Japan while I coordinate the house move from Australia. I don't have the mental focus or agility to function at that level.

I will be here all the way to phase edn though so intent to hammer in the next hour or so.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1920 (isolation #135) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:14 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Now that I'm off the phone, I'll clarify -

If there was another 3-4 days of time left in the phase I would be prepared to entertain the possibility of scum in Titus/Lex and to discuss it rationally. But there is simply no time left.

For the main part of the phase I had wanted an Elbirn lynch for the reasons I outlined prior. Shattiel's entry to the game felt fairly disruptive to me; they refused to read the game and were unaware of basic game state knowledge, and their reads seemed to be the complete inverse of what I expected a new person coming in to the game to be. Lexa highlighted this themselves although I would have preferred they did it in a less passive aggressive way.

Among the lynch pool of (Gamma/Shattiel/Elbirn) my preferred lynch is/was Elbirn. There was ample opportunity to have pushed this lynch earlier, I think in this phase you got to L-1 at one point.

But the quickest one for Shattiel for 'Why Sky is town?' - I simply could have afk'd the phase out since town needed five active players out of seven to secure a lynch, and for the majority of the game I have been lazytown or VLA. This phase however I have been significantly active and doing my best to get the stalled ball rolling. I will concede you seem to have done a better job of that however and I may have to note if being abrasive is a good methodology.

I am generally being town read by everybody except yourself so scum!me has no motivation to change the status quo.

If Elbirn flips green, you (Shattiel) should probably shoot this phase even if you are town. I accept you think Gamma is town and so does Dan; if Elbirn flips green IMO that means my association links between the other flipped scum and Elbirn were bad, and I wouldn't feel confident using that against Gamma. ERGO if Elbirn is town, Gamma is out of my scum reads, and you would be my final scum read for the game. If he flips red and it's not gg, though, you may consider a shot on Gamma.

I understand we have a difference of opinion on Titus/Lex, and ultimately, it's your card. I think Titus is probably more likely to be town than Lex. Titus/Kiana was my OG town read and I have not really enjoyed Lexa's content the last half of this phase.

So let's see. We still have a little time. I can wait a while longer. I think Dan is checked out now though, so...
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1921 (isolation #136) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:17 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

@Shattiel
I don't think it's really Elbirn it doesn't make sense for scum to push a mislynch on someone who hard pushed two scum and call it a "buss".
What do you mean by this?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1925 (isolation #137) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:53 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Scum's job is to avoid being lynch and to drive mislynches..
I a little bit disagree with this - scum's job is merely to avoid being lynched.
He's not only pushing a hard mislynch as scum but also gaining attention by pushing someone who's widely townread
Do you mean that Lex pushed for your lynch?

I would argue the exact same thing could be applied to you - Lex is/was widely townread (he's still town to me but I see there's a lot of doubt by other players. At the start of the phase I didn't see anybody scum reading Lex though. I think it really only came up when you came in. I don't really know tbh) but that's who you're also pushing for, yes?

I don't know if I town read you. I had your slot as POE town with Gamma/Elbirn as scum. If Elbirn flips green then we are probably in LYLO if we're not already there. I'll do a mass re-read and re-evaluation at that time.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1926 (isolation #138) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:04 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I'm falling asleep at my keyboard so I'll hammer here and call it a night.

VOTE: Elbirn

Rest now, sweet prince
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1928 (isolation #139) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:49 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

It was mainly from interactions between HS/Brian towards Gamma and Elbirn, and how DLE-slot was basically disengaged from it. As highlighted in this post.

if you ISO me and just look at it through this day phase you can also see where I first flagged Gamma as scum because of his position on Nico and where I was trying to do anything to get somebody to post.

If I die overnight;

If Elbirn flips scum - I think good odds his buddy is Gamma; or Shattiel, given how hard Shattiel worked to save Elbirn from being lynched and literally nobody else did. I don't think it could realistically be Katy or Titus.
If Elbirn flips green - probably putting Gamma to town, and I will re-evaluate Titus/Lex/Shattiel. If I fast forward to the next phase in my head with a green flip on Elbirn, I will then want to take a look at the votes on Elbirn and how they got there. Because with five players required to lynch a sixth, the only player off the wagon is Shattiel and 100% of votes are engaged. So that's worth reflecting on.

I also want to make it clear that I don't townread Shattiel despite their continued insistence that everybody townreads her.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1940 (isolation #140) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:55 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Shattiel
I'm considering a Titus scum situation but first I need to hear you out why you think Sky town
OK we're done.

VOTE: Shattiel
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1946 (isolation #141) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:07 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Fakegod
There are no players with more than one spell cards in this setup.
I do have a similar second ability like that besides a vig.
Scum should be thankful I didn't used it in the day I pretty much have a kill switch to lynch more than 1 player and even all players.
This is why you should have read the game.

How do you have 'a second ability'?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1948 (isolation #142) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:09 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

@Gamma/Titus

I think probably Shattiel fakeclaimed there and so that should be an auto-kill.

But just in case it's something else, I'll clarify my vote.

Kiana has been locktown to me since day 1.
Gamma has been in my townreads, and went scummy yesterday, but with Elbirn flipping green, there's no basis for my scum read on him anymore.
Shattiel posted a lot and made a lot of activity but they didn't really push any angle and were conveniently off the lynch.

And last but not least, they appear to have vigged Lexa immediately at the start of the night phase without considering the implications of a green flip on Elbirn.

GG?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1959 (isolation #143) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:25 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

GG

That's the first time I've voted early in LYLO

Good to know it was a bad idea.

Man I really lead town to ruin this game.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1961 (isolation #144) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:28 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Sorry team. I was really awful this game. All of my reads where sheeped from better players and once they were gone I was just a noisy person who didn't know wtf they were doing.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1964 (isolation #145) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:36 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Well, it's just that I tried not to care too much this game, and the end result was, I still cared and wrote these giant walls, but, every single one of my reads was wrong. I even thought Katy was scum for the longest time.

I don't know if this is objectively my worst ever game or not. But I did not invest too much of my heart and soul into this one, so...I'll reflect and see what can be learned from this.

I tried to keep an accusatory tone out of my posts because back in the old days of mafia I was kind of an asshole and I didn't like that. This game I directly lead to a lot of town deaths for 0 scums and I was kind of a dick to Shattiel for nothing.

I thought I had gotten that overconfidence out of my system but here it is again. Alas.

~~

Well I really enjoyed this game tbh. Thank you so much for running it, FakeGod. It was a welcome walk in the old park that I once loved.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”