Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:16 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 205, Patrick wrote:Fine with our own one being released anyway.
Yep, I agree for ours to be released, and singer has confirmed too.
[17/04/2018 21:57:10] Fenchurch: Mina and singer - can you confirm if you're okay with our team topic being released?
[17/04/2018 21:59:17] singer signer: I'm good with that
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:25 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Thanks to everyone who helped run this event, I'm glad we got to play in it, and congrats to the winners.

As always, I regret not having been able to devote more time to it, but life is life. The bigger games didn't help with this... I struggle to keep up with one 15 player game, let alone 5 - and so (for my part, at least) I definitely wasn't able to boost my team mates to the point that maybe the mods might have been expecting. At most I was able to contribute to mine, and then CES', and then I was starting to catch up on Mina's and then we were all dead. But to be honest that wasn't much different to last time when I think I only really read mine and Patrick's. The event is fun regardless just because you
can
talk about and chip into each other's games; it doesn't mean that it's possible to take advantage of that to its fullest.

Would love to see other team's topics... please release them, people!
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:06 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 10, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 7, Fenchurch wrote:
In post 205, Patrick wrote:Fine with our own one being released anyway.
Yep, I agree for ours to be released, and singer has confirmed too.
[17/04/2018 21:57:10] Fenchurch: Mina and singer - can you confirm if you're okay with our team topic being released?
[17/04/2018 21:59:17] singer signer: I'm good with that
Add in my permission.

We should have more team PTs released.
[17/04/2018 22:39:21] Mina: I'm okay with it being released
Mina has confirmed too, so our team topic is good to go.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:27 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

All our conversation happened on Skype, but we copied and pasted it into the topic.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (isolation #4) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:17 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 157, Ellibereth wrote:I had a change of heart wrt to pt releases, ima just making judgement calls on the ones that have 4/5 yes's and a flaked no.
I approve of this!

Some post-game thoughts on Magical Stories
:

Alisae
- Boon used the one-shot neighbourise on me on N3, but there didn't seem to be any effect from it. What happened to Boon's neighbourise action? The moderator chart mentions something about it being roleblocked, but I'm not sure how where a roleblock came from?

Relatedly...
Boon
- why did you neighbourise me there? Since Frog would know afterwards that you'd used it, if that neighbourhood had actually gone through it would surely have confirmed you as scum - at best, you'd have had to 1v1 me, which would still mean a loss the next day. Is there something I'm missing?

Frog
it made me laugh to see you talk in your team topic about what you would do as town, even when you are town :)
In post 178, Fro99er wrote:It's what I'd push as town.
jjh
I said it in our team topic, but I think that overall you were the strongest force for good in the game - you did the most to figure things out, keep town on track and lynching scum. Enjoyed reading that bit you posted about sheep's claim.

Thor
glad that you were there and sorry that you didn't enjoy the game more. Good work on pegging momo with your night action, this definitely changed the trajectory of the game massively in town's favour.

Other things I felt silly about afterwards:
  • Not remembering about the thing where my role didn't work on magic, and not realising that hiplop's actions were magic
  • Not remembering/considering what Boon's Mad Hatter action might have done, as linking that to the janitored flip might have cast some suspicion on his role being a town one after all
  • Not asking Katsuki more about why he wanted me to target him N3. So I understand now it's because since he targeted me N2, he thought I would have received a PM saying who watched him that Night - but looking at the modding chart, because no one visited him, I didn't get anything (as opposed to a PM saying "no one visited Katsuki"). I had actually considered targeting Katsuki on N2, which would have made that bit play out differently, shame I didn't.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (isolation #5) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:56 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 158, Fenchurch wrote:
Frog
it made me laugh to see you talk in your team topic about what you would do as town, even when you are town :)
In post 178, Fro99er wrote:It's what I'd push as town.
Also, in my opinion, you don’t need to fake paranoia in order to be townread. You seemed town from your activity and engagement, not from having doubts or paranoia.

Also just read ~3/4 of the Sauce team topic and holy hell, A50’s reads were good.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (isolation #6) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:15 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 166, Alisae wrote:I was about to say you were looking at the wrong place, since all Boon has to do with that neighbourize is he tells Frog “Neighbourize this person” and it happens
But then I actually looked at the sheet since its been 2 months.
Fenchurch you were rolestopped/blocked by Garry N3.
Ah that's it - I saw that but I always forget what rolestop does.

Still curious why Boon chose to use the neighbourise at that point then, but maybe there wasn't a particular plan, just a hope that it might buy him 1 more mislynch at least.
Mathdino wrote:A50 was incredibly underrated in this entire tournament mostly because his communication of his tournament theory was lacking
Kinda pissed me off to see that logic shit on lol
Depends what you mean, as I actually didn't agree that much with all the tournament theory stuff, at least not the bit where if a team was scumpartners in one game, they'd supposedly townread that team in other games. Mina was scumreading Bins in part because we were scum with Shea in WF, and she was worried that if we managed to pull a win in WF but then lost the normal to scum!Bins, that team would beat us.

But I was impressed A50's success in standard scumhunting, i.e. behavioural tells and the like.

And I agree with recognising which team members are more or less likely to pick scum - which is also why (like Patrick) I prefer the token system to drafting roles.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:32 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 16, Davsto wrote:
In post 2, Ellibereth wrote:- Best way to order teams after getting a n-ple with scum positions? We already have two possible methods just from this tiebreak thread.
I think the best kind of system would be a points-based system
Give each team X points (e.g. 50), they get to distribute those points amongst the playerlist however they choose. The score they receive is the product of the points they place on scum. So if team 1 places 15 and 3 points on the scum, they score 45, if team 2 places 10 and 5 then they score 50. If you choose to place a bunch of points on one scum, but nothing on the other then you'd score zero! This means it's more important how you rate your lower-placed scum, but both are of value.

(Credit to CES for the idea of using the product for the score)
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (isolation #8) » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:21 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 180, Ellibereth wrote:Queue Agents Pt released: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=74619
Bulba - good work on the tiebreak game!

I still don't really understand what Toranaga-Cabd thing was based on. What exactly was it that A50 said that made you think the two of them were scum?

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”