THE RESISTANCE: Sign-Ups & Discussion (Mods?)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #43 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:30 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

/in I love resistanceeee
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:29 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 168, Irrelephant11 wrote:
Formal request for future Resistance games: include the leader mechanic.

Personally I think this version is overly townsided. Losing the leader mechanic reduces the amount of WIFOM scum can use, lets town do closeup vote analysis, and removes the ability for scum to gain points by repeatedly passing until scum is the leader and town
has
to let their team through or give spies a point (this is actually a key way I have won as scum in many IRL games). The lack of daychat and the ability to re-read in a forum already work in town's favor. Leader mechanic is one of the genius things about resistance's balance.
In post 170, Mathdino wrote:That's interesting and is something I'd like to discuss in the Discussion thread.

It's actually fairly well accepted right now that on the mafia side of things, forum mafia is significantly more scumsided than face-to-face, because ability to reread the thread is nowhere near as good as being able to read your friends' faces. So the loss of the leader mechanic (which was dropped due to difficulty of implementation), which I'm not sure I'd call scumsided, is 'balanced' by the newfound ability to do VCA.

If you look at the Resistance game I modded, the entire scumteam basically continually fucked VCA by voting each other onto teams and signaling or just passing missions they didn't have to. Town didn't stand a chance at all.

But, that game was 7p and this is 5p. So balance is definitely a discussion that should be had.
I'm guessing this goes here?

I'll add in response to math in response to "ability to reread the thread is nowhere near as good as being able to read your friends' faces" - without daychat, scum also don't get to lean on reading friends' (teammates') faces. This sort of balances itself out. Scum have to lay crumbs if they ever go on missions together on forum, whereas IRL they just wink when nobody's looking.

Any thoughts?
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:40 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »