Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 3:01 pm

Post by Tywin Lannister »

Still haven't seen Wisdom, or any other proponent of option 1 explain why they want it. I've given my thoughts as to why its a terrible choice and scummy to choose it. Wisdom hasn't given a reason, nor have I seen others give one either, aside that they think its best to use D1. Explain WHY it's best D1, because I consider D1 the worst day for it.

Get results in investigations and things first, then we lynch those who didn't get cleared or havent been checked to minimize damage. Seems common sense to me, but ill listen to anyone that wants to explain the opposite view.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 3:03 pm

Post by Wisdom »

I explained why but youre not reading
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 3:10 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 66, Tywin Lannister wrote:So I'm officially SRing anyone that picks option 1. Two mislynches in a row. Yay? What townie would pick this?

To put this in perspective, I want you all to think about every D1 in every game you've ever played. What percentage does town hit actually good scum on D1 lynches? Is it very low, or so extremely low that pigs fly and he'll freezes over before it happens? I'm also not saying BAD scum players, but good ones. How many bad players are in this game? How many good scum players are in this game? How many times do you see them getting lynched D1 as scum? Now multiply that by two. You get no info from D1 mislynches, and they're usually always mislynches. Option 1 is a scum dream scenario, giving them two bad, no-info lynches with zero effort, then a smaller cast of townies to NK after. Yeah, town who pick this are VI and i assume it's scum that will try to sneak it through.

Option 2 is good in every situation. I don't see any faults with it. Those who do are overlooking a lot, which is that half the game in large role-madness is figuring out what exactly the setup is. That always needs to be solved before town can win. Always.

Option 3 is whatever. Since we don't know what options scum have, it doesn't seem important yet. Today is the wrong day to use it anyway.

I'm going with
Option 2

Before you talk about VIness, you do realize that we have even players start right?
Also VOTE: Guyinfreezer
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 3:10 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 77, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 66, Tywin Lannister wrote:So I'm officially SRing anyone that picks option 1. Two mislynches in a row. Yay? What townie would pick this?

To put this in perspective, I want you all to think about every D1 in every game you've ever played. What percentage does town hit actually good scum on D1 lynches? Is it very low, or so extremely low that pigs fly and he'll freezes over before it happens? I'm also not saying BAD scum players, but good ones. How many bad players are in this game? How many good scum players are in this game? How many times do you see them getting lynched D1 as scum? Now multiply that by two. You get no info from D1 mislynches, and they're usually always mislynches. Option 1 is a scum dream scenario, giving them two bad, no-info lynches with zero effort, then a smaller cast of townies to NK after. Yeah, town who pick this are VI and i assume it's scum that will try to sneak it through.

Option 2 is good in every situation. I don't see any faults with it. Those who do are overlooking a lot, which is that half the game in large role-madness is figuring out what exactly the setup is. That always needs to be solved before town can win. Always.

Option 3 is whatever. Since we don't know what options scum have, it doesn't seem important yet. Today is the wrong day to use it anyway.

I'm going with
Option 2

Also VOTE: Guyinfreezer
Before you talk about VIness, you do realize that we have even players start right?
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 3:13 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Unless there is a work of vig or something silly, by double-lynching, we get one free lynch before LyLo.
Considering that lynching is one of the most reliable way to kill scum....
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

I read "Double lynch can net 2 mislynches"
I see "I am a coward who has no confident about my reads"
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 3:16 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 80, GuyInFreezer wrote:I read "Double lynch can net 2 mislynches"
Amen
Misaka Network
Misaka Network
Goon
Misaka Network
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 3:18 pm

Post by Misaka Network »

Son, I voted Choice 1 because I like lynching scum.

Regarding disappearing people, I think Taly picked Beeboy and dragged him into a PT.
In post 18, Taly wrote:I was questioning on whether
Beeboy
or
Creature
becomes the object of my early hard-defense.

But I think my choice is close to being made.
I don't know why you would save a miller claim from a lynch though.
Connected
Misaka Network
Misaka Network
Goon
Misaka Network
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by Misaka Network »

God, I need more Katarina LeBlanc in my life.
Connected
Misaka Network
Misaka Network
Goon
Misaka Network
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 3:21 pm

Post by Misaka Network »

In case anyone missed it:
In post 57, Misaka Network wrote:If anyone have day one daycop, please claim.

I picked motivator for my role, so I can give you double action immediately.

Thank you.
Connected
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 3:23 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 22, Creature wrote:Have no idea what to choose

Good luck
is jake long the american dragon an anime? if so i could have chosen tmnt and yin yang yo
In post 70, Tywin Lannister wrote:
In post 68, Wisdom wrote:
In post 66, Tywin Lannister wrote:Yeah, town who pick this are VI and i assume it's scum that will try to sneak it through.
you're VI
Dunning-Kruger Syndrome for you friend.
thats not a thing lol

To put this in perspective, I want you all to think about every D1 in every game you've ever played. What percentage does town hit actually good scum on D1 lynches? Is it very low, or so extremely low that pigs fly and he'll freezes over before it happens? I'm also not saying BAD scum players, but good ones. How many bad players are in this game? How many good scum players are in this game? How many times do you see them getting lynched D1 as scum? Now multiply that by two. You get no info from D1 mislynches, and they're usually always mislynches. Option 1 is a scum dream scenario, giving them two bad, no-info lynches with zero effort, then a smaller cast of townies to NK after. Yeah, town who pick this are VI and i assume it's scum that will try to sneak it through
shit man, i didnt realise that mislynching is possible. in fact, we should just no lynch d1 and lynch once we've got some information to be sure :roll:

please don't make headass comments and then call people VI for what's like objectively the best option.

VOTE: option 1

what happens when the setup info is something stupid like "x exists in the game"

no matter what it is, we can probably get it when we lynch 2 people on D1.
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 3:31 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 75, Tywin Lannister wrote:Get results in investigations and things first, then we lynch those who didn't get cleared or havent been checked to minimize damage.
As if Mafia won't have anything to fudge up that oh-so-perfect-plan amirite
In post 75, Tywin Lannister wrote:Seems common sense to me
I find your definition of "common sense" questionable.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 4:57 pm

In post 80, GuyInFreezer wrote:I read "Double lynch can net 2 mislynches"
My reads have nothing to do with it. It's not 'no confidence about my reads.' It's more about 'no confidence in other's reads.' People mislynch D1 almost every game on this site, as is tradition. I'm bad at leading a push or stopping a bad one on town, but not at forming my own, many times correct reads. I also dont automatically assume I'll be correct on every read, unlike some of you here. It's not my ego I'm worried about.

I think it's common sense to wait to use a double lynch when the odds are better due to more information rather than less, but hey, do what you want, since I don't feel like being insulted in any more circle jerks.

I also never said a No Lynch is better, because it's not. That's not the choice. It's either double lynch, or single lynch + whatever else. Knowing the setup is a better first step imo than blindly lynching twice. Roles are there for a reason, and I do not trust the majority of players in findint scum correctly without role help or setup info. I just don't. Sorry, not sorry.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 5:05 pm

In post 86, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 75, Tywin Lannister wrote:Get results in investigations and things first, then we lynch those who didn't get cleared or havent been checked to minimize damage.
As if Mafia won't have anything to fudge up that oh-so-perfect-plan amirite
In post 75, Tywin Lannister wrote:Seems common sense to me
I find your definition of "common sense" questionable.
When did I say I was a perfect plan? How am I supposed to know what she has planned? I'm going off of common knowledge, which isn't much. If you want more setup knowledge, you'd pick option 2, but you don't want that.

Why are you such a hostile person toward me btw? Is it because I don't agree with your hard push to double lynch and that I called it scummy, or that I RVS voted you? Which one? Do you not want to know the setup? Do you not want to make scum have vanilla roles for a night? Do you just think you're so God-gifted at mafia that you're head and shoulders better than every player here, and thus will catch scum? Maybe your motivations aren't town? I'm curious whats up with your attitude.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 5:09 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 87, Tywin Lannister wrote:never said a No Lynch is better, because it's not. That's not the choice. It's either double lynch, or single lynch + whatever else. Knowing the setup is a better first step imo than blindly lynching twice. Roles are there for a reason, and I do not trust the majority of players in findint scum correctly without role help or setup info.
I second this.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
KidAmn
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 6:28 pm

Post by KidAmn »

In post 75, Tywin Lannister wrote:Still haven't seen Wisdom, or any other proponent of option 1 explain why they want it.
This is fairly close to being an outright lie. I may not be 100% behind 1 but the case had definitely been stated for it.

Ironic that Taly and Beeboy disappear off into a closet before half the players have even engaged with the game.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 6:30 pm

Post by MariaR »

Event
Option 1
(5)
GuyinFreezer, Misaka Network, Wisdom, WhemeStar, Nosferatu
Option 2
(1)
Tywin Lannister
Option 3
(1)
Keychain

Not Voting
(9)
NicoRobin, randomidget, Purrcocet, acryon, Creature, Srceenplay, KidAmn, Kokichi Oma, Katsuki

Resolves when a lynch is achieved, or when the deadline is reached

VC 1.1
acyron
(1)
Misaka Network
GuyInFreezer
(1)
Tywin Lannister

Not Voting
(14)
GuyInFreezer, NicoRobin, Wisdom, randomidget, Purrcocet, acryon, Creature, Srceenplay, Nosferatu, Keychain, WhemeStar, KidAmn, Kokichi Oma, Katsuki

With 16 players, it takes 9 to lynch

Deadline ends in (expired on 2018-05-16 13:00:00)
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 7:34 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

I'm sorry but, how is option 3 ever going to be a bad thing. Down the road, scum is going to have fewer abilities. We should be thinking bout the long game. A double lynch right now isn't going to help us too much unless we lynch scum twice which is unlikely. Option 2 is something for long game too, but it could be information that isn't very helpful.

VOTE: Option 3

VOTE: Taly

I don't like that opening post for some reason. It just feels fake to me.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
KidAmn
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 8:01 pm

Post by KidAmn »

I don't think anyone's argued that its bad, just that it has the lowest ceiling in terms of how useful it could be.

What about Taly felt fake to you?
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 8:33 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

How is it the lowest? Am I assuming this right that scum EACH have to lose 2 of their powers?
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 8:34 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 14, Taly wrote:In the name of the town, I'll vote you!
This post seemed like it was trying too hard to prove they are town.

Taly could have just said the regular "In the name of the moon, I will punish you!" and everyone would have gotten the same affect from it. Just seemed like a preplanned scum post.
KidAmn
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 8:40 pm

Post by KidAmn »

In post 94, Kokichi Oma wrote:How is it the lowest? Am I assuming this right that scum EACH have to lose 2 of their powers?
That's something we could probably use having clarity on, but I think I addressed this earlier with regards to scum likely just dropping whatever powers they feel are lowest utility/outright power. It scales dramatically with how powerful scum roles might be (and does depend on if your interpretation is correct, so I'll concede that)
In post 95, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 14, Taly wrote:In the name of the town, I'll vote you!
This post seemed like it was trying too hard to prove they are town.

Taly could have just said the regular "In the name of the moon, I will punish you!" and everyone would have gotten the same affect from it. Just seemed like a preplanned scum post.
I think this might be reaching a little. Like, I grok where you're coming from, but fuck knows I've made some incredibly overthought entrances as town in my time. Not sure it's indicative of anything
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 8:49 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Even if it's just 2 random ones, I think it's still worth it. I think scum will have some strong powers.

And yes, it might be reaching but it's just my first instinct, and it's only page 4. SO better to go off something than nothing.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 8:49 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Even if it's just 2 random ones, I think it's still worth it. I think scum will have some strong powers.

And yes, it might be reaching but it's just my first instinct, and it's only page 4. SO better to go off something than nothing.
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 9:30 pm

Post by NicoRobin »

VOTE: Option 3

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”