Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 9:00 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

someone gimme an answer and i'll start setup breaking and catching up
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 9:01 am

Post by Ausuka »

yes, as far as I can tell everything you said about the setup there was correct.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 9:02 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

okay i get it this seems like a really fun setup
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 9:03 am

Post by SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis »

In post 723, Ausuka wrote:I feel like this is an oversimplification of the situation. Sure, it doesn't make much sense as either alignment, but thinking "OK, I will roleclaim on page 1 and accuse others of rolefishing so I look like a VI and apply WIFOM" makes a LOT more sense than "hey, this player voted me because of mechanics in RVS. They must be scum rolefishing! You know what I should totally do now??? Claim. That makes a lot of sense!"
Honestly I think BOTH constitute as bad play ∑(゚ロ゚〃)

NO ONE would buy that as REAL reasoning and that's why I think it's town - but at this point it is CLEAR that our differences will not be reconciled. We should rely on Mylo's catchup and then get back to this (•̀o•́)ง

And Ahiru-tan, how do you PROPOSE scum!davesaz would handle his replace-in? FROM what I BELIEVE davesaz will have to DEFEND his slot's play as coming from town, so someone as PRINCIPLED as him will probably express the SAME sentiment he JUST did and THUS it is NAI (ʃ⌣́,⌣́ƪ)

I would rather read him by how he SORTS and interacts with the gamestate, which so far I am not particularly impressed by
"I feel like you were probably what your slot needed. A powerful, respectful, and unwavering voice. Good job." - Gamma Emerald

"I have long since closed my eyes. My only goal is in the darkness." - Saske
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 9:04 am

Also I YET AGAIN got sidetracked and DO NOT hvae the time to finish my ircher case.... U_U

My FINAL is in TWO HOURS and I have yet to eat anything! ( ⚆ _ ⚆ )
"I feel like you were probably what your slot needed. A powerful, respectful, and unwavering voice. Good job." - Gamma Emerald

SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 9:06 am

In post 716, the worst wrote:I liked his shift in the mutant read. Also think he had some interesting early townreads.
WAIT I just realized this was about DAVESAZ and not Almost50 (ΟΔΟ;;)

HOW did his read on mutant SHIFT?? Σ(-᷅_-᷄๑)

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 9:09 am

Post by the worst »

one sec.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 9:10 am

Post by the worst »

In post 599, davesaz wrote:Iso'd mutantdevle. Overuse of setup spec discussison can lead to telling scum what they need to fakeclaim or who they need to kill.
I will argue against misinformation and misuse of basically correct spec if I see it but otherwise would prefer to leave enough intact to solve later.
Hmm I read this as a scumread.
That's one point off dave but *shrug*
--
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 9:14 am

The MOST davesaz has done so far in terms of AI content is his initial readlist which even then I am HESITANT to call alignment indicative (ʃ⌣́,⌣́ƪ)

I would not have a problem if we saw more however! ^_^

Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 9:17 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

page by page time
In post 3, yessiree wrote:
First round draft results:
  1. Iconeum 1
  2. the worst 3
  3. Lalendra 5
  4. Ircher 11
  5. SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis 413
  6. Mathdino 2
  7. The Janitor 2
  8. Beefster 4
  9. Taly 4
  10. Almost50 8
  11. mutantdevle 8
  12. Ausuka 6
  13. Lovebird 6
  14. brassherald 6
Deadline to send in your role picks - (expired on 2018-05-03 17:00:00)
I agree with Mathdino's post below that scum didn't CC, so max of 1 scum in {Lovebird, Ausuka}, {Beef, Taly}, {Math, Jan}, {mutant, a50}. Its like night killing "for wifom!" - retarded and not something that ever happens in practice. Not a perfect example because there are niche situations where killing for wifom is optimal but never pregame anyways so irrelevant. Basically, yes. I understand setups a lot better than most people too. This seems quite townsided but a really cool design, I'd probably tweak a couple of things to help scum (limit cop, probably limit rolecop) but overall like a solid setup and I don't think its unplayable by any means. Surprised I've never played it, I've seen people talking about it before.
In post 9, Lovebird wrote:Btw, I asked a friend if I should pick 6 or 7. I thought 7, but she said 6. Annoying.
Out of game!
In post 11, Mathdino wrote:i picked 2 not because i actually wanted a power role but because i wanted to fuck over scum

i see that did not work unless janitor is scum

anyway, every game, someone asks "what if scum WIFOM'd the draft???"
and every game, it turns out that no, scum actually does want power roles, they did not WIFOM the draft and pick the same numbers
the only person in this game i think would do that is A50

so anyway

saske is town by the draft imo

scum possibilities:
Iconeum
Janitor
the worst
{Beefster, Taly}
Lalendra
{Ausuka, Lovebird, brass}
{Almost50, mutantdevle}
Ircher (going for that guaranteed PR)

wishful thinking says hitting scum in the bottom half of the bracket will confirm other townies
VOTE: Beefster

Edit: when i started typing this post i was the first one here
so jinx guys :P
I don't get why Saske is town off this. Wouldn't picking a high number guarantee to beat ties, aka more likely to get a PR?
In post 14, Mathdino wrote:lovebird is town

townbloc: {Mathdino, Lovebird, Saske}
idgi also
In post 16, Beefster wrote:
In post 11, Mathdino wrote:i picked 2 not because i actually wanted a power role but because i wanted to fuck over scum

i see that did not work unless janitor is scum

anyway, every game, someone asks "what if scum WIFOM'd the draft???"
and every game, it turns out that no, scum actually does want power roles, they did not WIFOM the draft and pick the same numbers
the only person in this game i think would do that is A50

so anyway

saske is town by the draft imo

scum possibilities:
Iconeum
Janitor
the worst
{Beefster, Taly}
Lalendra
{Ausuka, Lovebird, brass}
{Almost50, mutantdevle}
Ircher (going for that guaranteed PR)

wishful thinking says hitting scum in the bottom half of the bracket will confirm other townies

Edit: when i started typing this post i was the first one here
so jinx guys :P
I picked tracker and came back VT.

Is that what you're looking for?

VOTE: Mathdino
TBH, this looks like role fishing.
lol

I townread this
In post 15, Mathdino wrote:Cop OR 1-Shot Redirector: we hypoclaim cop targets tomorrow, remember to actually act like you have an inno
Also, redirector is a scum claim.
In post 18, Almost50 wrote:VOTE: Iconeum

1 is actually very scummy to pick for starters. I think scum are within the lowest picked #s (1,2,3,4,5) but no 2 scums would have picked the same #.
Agreed. The worst case with 1 is you nuke any townie who picked 1 and still go first out of the round 2s and the best case is guaranteed first choice (either Cop or RB/Doctor depending how you wanna play).
In post 24, Mathdino wrote:Masons and Monks: "OMGUS, but I don't care."
Stack the Deck: "Mathdino's posts strike me as IIOA mixed with lurkscum opportunism"

Pick Your Power X/Y: "TBH, this looks like role fishing." *claims*

yeah policy lynch this shit
just quoting this to say hahahahaha ikr "you rolefisher! i'm vt you aren't fishing a pr from me!!!"
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 9:21 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 27, Almost50 wrote:
In post 24, Mathdino wrote:Masons and Monks: "OMGUS, but I don't care."
Stack the Deck: "Mathdino's posts strike me as IIOA mixed with lurkscum opportunism"

Pick Your Power X/Y: "TBH, this looks like role fishing." *claims*

yeah policy lynch this shit
Ya think?? :neutral:

[v[Beefster[/v]

Let's see if it turns to be like Masons & Monks.
Disappointed in you and Mathdinkle though. Beef's post seems really genuine. Stupid as fucking hell, but genuine.
In post 36, SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis wrote:Konnichiwa minnasan! o((*^▽^*))o

VOTE: Almost50

I PERESONALLY believe that the Beefster wagon is SILLY on principle - scum would be FOOLISH to immediately claim that they picked a slot with a ROLEBLOCKING role in it considering how IMPROTANT that is to scum ( ⚆ _ ⚆ )

We shouldn't be POLICY lynching people UNTIL we have good reason to scumread them and as far as I am COGNIZANT we only possess reason to believe that Beefster is ALIGNED WITH the TOWN ヾ(。・ω・)シ
goodpost

question

does mathdino know? yes or no. you'll know what i'm talking about.
In post 41, the worst wrote:Anyone feel like spoonfeeding me why any of the setup spec p1 makes sense?
nothing better to talk about. its like how in team mafia early game was spent discussing who would pick what. it leads into natural discussion.
In post 48, the worst wrote:In my history with Beefster I have seen

- town Beefster take the time to process Math's INTENSE LOGIC EXPLOSIONS and generally correctly conclude that he's coming from the right angle
- scum Beefster not take the time to process Math's INTENSE LOGIC EXPLOSIONS and suggest he's scum for them

Actual read progression/flip flopping in Earthbound is the only transgression I can think of

So my firsr impeession of Beef is lolscum, what makes you townread him?
oh so this is the policy math's talking about

can u link these games (specifically beefster's part)?
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 9:23 am

In post 735, Eddie Cane wrote:does mathdino know? yes or no. you'll know what i'm talking about.
E-eh?? (O∆O)

SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 9:25 am

I am going to assume YES for the time BEING (҂⌣̀_⌣́)

Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 9:27 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 50, the worst wrote:Scum rb overrated
Agreed. Lets the rolecop guilty you. If scum gets that slot taking Doc still confirms town doesn't have doc so they can just NK any PRs instead of RBing them (bar the watcher shot).
In post 56, Mathdino wrote:SIMYK can you familiarise yourself with Beefster's scum meta pls

specifically Masons & Monks, Stack the Deck, and Clownspiracy (in which he literally claimed scum in a neighbourhood)
I'll take links.
In post 74, Almost50 wrote:Ask Beefster himself, and I think he will tell you that he is bad at scum (he's learning the ways still though, so there's potential for him on the future).

But let's
assume (for the sake of argument)
that Beefster is town here. So? Why is a wagon on him bad? Wagons are good for getting reads, right?

You see, I don't mind your vote on me. What I do have a problem with is you throwing all your weight behind "Town!Beef" without even knowing the player that well. That feels a bit odd for my little brain to grasp.
He's probably the only player I have as town at this point, so the worst option for a wagon. That and Simyk a bit.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 9:27 am

Post by the worst »

Example of town!Beef taking a measured approach to Math (reasonable read trajectory on him generally)

viewtopic.php?p=9852468#p9852468
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 9:29 am

Post by the worst »

Example of scum!Beef (short iso, he very literally lolhammered BG!Thor and got vigged for his troubles)
viewtopic.php?t=75747&f=51&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 9:30 am

Post by the worst »

Sadly there isn't enough Beef content to have much of a strong read but current feel is that slot might be town
--
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 9:32 am

Subject: Newbie 1841: Elves! Game Over!
Beefster wrote:
In post 335, Mathdino wrote:Honestly there was no way I was gonna let you get lynched today. I don't think softclaiming as hard as you did had much utility :P

Lynch is probably gonna be between the worst and Impede. What are your reads looking like nowadays?
I panicked. I don't know why. I had no reason to. I guess I was trying to flail since that statistically is town more often than not. Now I know how not to play cop in the future.

PoE leads me to believe that two of Godel, Impede, and the worst are scum. I'm pretty confident with my Derpy/Mathdino town reads, but not 100% certain. If I'm right, this is enough information to guarantee a town win.

Yes, even after you outed me, I just don't see it as scummy because of how it all went down. You realized you shouldn't have pointed it out when you asked me to claim since you forgot we lost our doctor. In retrospect it all lines up to indicate you're town. The fact that you were willing to take that risk shows that you're town.

Derpy is way too aggressive/reckless to be scum.
This seems RELATIVELY IN-LINE with what I was arguing earlier ╭( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ "

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 9:34 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 732, the worst wrote:
In post 599, davesaz wrote:Iso'd mutantdevle. Overuse of setup spec discussison can lead to telling scum what they need to fakeclaim or who they need to kill.
I will argue against misinformation and misuse of basically correct spec if I see it but otherwise would prefer to leave enough intact to solve later.
Hmm I read this as a scumread.
That's one point off dave but *shrug*
That was gently yelling at mutantdevle to lay off the heavy setup stuff.

Eddie, same goes for you, it's good for you to figure out things for yourself but bad to help scum figure out who has which pr.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 9:35 am

Post by davesaz »

It is correct to say that I haven't said much. It's the beginning of a work week and I'm sneaking in these couple posts by not paying attention to a meeting.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 9:40 am

Post by Mathdino »

people don't seem to realise that scum has 3 times the brain trust that any individual townie has when it comes to figuring out the setup

it's not like saying factually true things (like oh i guess we have a tracker/jailkeeper above beefster) makes scum think OH SHIT I HADNT THOUGHT OF THAT or THANKS FOR DOING THE WORK FOR US MATHDINO/EDDIE CANE/MUTANT

like, if we didn't do it, 1 scum would take a minute out of their time to do it themselves. there's probably a bookkeeper in the PT keeping track of all that unless scum is totally incompetent

so while claiming is shit, setup spec is pro-town
it takes the info that the few likely already have and disseminates it to the many
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 9:42 am

Post by the worst »

In post 742, SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis wrote:Subject: Newbie 1841: Elves! Game Over!
Beefster wrote:
In post 335, Mathdino wrote:Honestly there was no way I was gonna let you get lynched today. I don't think softclaiming as hard as you did had much utility :P

Lynch is probably gonna be between the worst and Impede. What are your reads looking like nowadays?
I panicked. I don't know why. I had no reason to. I guess I was trying to flail since that statistically is town more often than not. Now I know how not to play cop in the future.

PoE leads me to believe that two of Godel, Impede, and the worst are scum. I'm pretty confident with my Derpy/Mathdino town reads, but not 100% certain. If I'm right, this is enough information to guarantee a town win.

Yes, even after you outed me, I just don't see it as scummy because of how it all went down. You realized you shouldn't have pointed it out when you asked me to claim since you forgot we lost our doctor. In retrospect it all lines up to indicate you're town. The fact that you were willing to take that risk shows that you're town.

Derpy is way too aggressive/reckless to be scum.
This seems RELATIVELY IN-LINE with what I was arguing earlier ╭( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ "
GTH I'd reserve to your read here.
--
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 9:44 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 102, Mathdino wrote:interestingly, FMPOV, while everyone would've had a 3/13 (or 23.1%) chance of being scum

due to the draft ruling out a bunch of scumteams, each of the singletons (this includes janitor FMPOV) actually has a 26.2% chance of being scum

the probability of someone in a duplet being scum is 21.9%

the probability of one of the triplets being scum is only 18.5%

scum is straight up more likely to be in the top half than the bottom half in this setup, and i'm guessing i can prove it using past results

so the risk early on is lynching potential PRs
Something I hadn't thought of, neat. Too lazy to adjust my numbers but yea its probably optimal to lynch a singleton.
In post 145, Mathdino wrote:i disagree with this, i think scum usually goes for 2 lower numbers and 1 larger one (to get a "guaranteed" singleton)
Wait.... what? Saske is lock town for picking a large number but scum picks a large number for a guaranteed singleton?
In post 154, The Janitor wrote:What's objectively bad about my posts ?

I don't think a mafia player should follow a set plan or scum/townhunt in a certain way... Maybe I play differently than you but if something bothers me, why wouldn't I question it?

I'm an alt yes
Of who?

You don't need to answer but I'm meta intensive and it makes my life easier :shrug:
In post 162, Ausuka wrote:
In post 158, SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis wrote:
In post 157, Ausuka wrote:hi, i'm town
AUSUKA-CHAN!!!!!!! ヾ(。・ω・)シ

It has been a while since I last espied thou!

HOWEVER with that vote you arent realy convincing me of that (⊙△⊙✿)
hi!

the vote on beefster is because he's openly giving up his role for basically no reason while accusing math of rolefishing. doesn't seem like a real thought to me. "Hey, this person voted me based on draft analysis. They must be scum rolefishing me! Also, I'll claim, because that makes a lot of sense as a thing to do in this scenario."

On an unrelated note, I ?think? I know who janitor is.
what's the scum motivation to that? bad play is not interchangeable with scum play.
In post 174, Mathdino wrote:@Ausuka: i feel like i've seen that line before :igmeou:

@Iconeum: It doesn't make it easier for scum to get PRs if one scum picks 2 (and if another townie picks 2). I picked the number I most thought scum would pick.

@: PRs are NAI in this setup. My scumdar/PRdar mixup doesn't count here. This is actually one of few setups where I actively PR hunt as town in order to gamebreak.

@A50: No, it's just that you've made just one townish post so far. I'm paranoid of everyone and then I start crossing names off lists (or gradually fade names off lists). You're also mathematically less likely to be scum so w/e.
But yeah I'm not particularly paranoid of scum-you. But you have been posting within your scum meta. Still early, things may change.

Iconeum seems townish enough I guess. I agree that it's self-resolving.

We should lynch the Janitor. The Janitor is likely the low-number scum.
I townread Iconeum off this page, I'm hesitant on mathdinkle but I'll town lean him for having almost identical reads to mine.
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 9:45 am

FOR SURE - cold META is much more UNRELIABLE, but I have CONFIRMED to myself that Beefster is just a very FLIGHTY and PANICKY person in general ╭( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ "

If anything this is more for AUSUKA-CHAN to see ^_^

Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 9:53 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 176, The Janitor wrote:Yeah I need to comment on the rest but that particular thing bothered me and I told you I'd get to the rest whenever I'm on my laptop.

Feels interesting that Math wants to lynch me now since iirc right after my question. Why, Math? Can't I ask about it?
Bleh
In post 183, Almost50 wrote:In other words: Let's make it a personal thing. Got it.
That isn't a personal thing.
In post 184, the worst wrote:
In post 183, Almost50 wrote:competitive
giggle snort
:lol:
In post 216, Iconeum wrote:
In post 177, SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis wrote:H-honto ni?? ( ꒪Д꒪)

I'd like to know the IDENTITY of this GUESS personally...

pedit: ( ಠωಠ)
Alisae? Is that you?
hahaha
In post 218, Taly wrote:snip
I don't like you pushing someone who seems pretty blatantly town. The rest of the post is pretty alright so shrug. I was told you're quite good as town, high expectations.
In post 220, Beefster wrote:Mathdino's role speculation always throws me for a loop. I should know by now that it's NAI.

the worst is being goofy. He's a lot more serious as scum. Town

Janitor/Saske are a possible scum team IMO

VOTE: The Janitor
Meh post. But good segway for me to say the worst is a town lean too. What associations are there between the two?

Page 10: townread of Mutant. I've metadived him recently anyways and this feels like his town game, plus generally good content.

Return to “Completed Open Games”