What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 10:01 am

Post by Ircher »

In [post]638[/post], Mathdino wrote:
In [post=#10197240]638[/post], Mathdino wrote:
Lalendra flaking out is not correlated with her alignment guys
Likely true, but The Janitor has had a wagon forever and never had a counterwagon to it, making me a bit suspicious. Obviously, I am not voting myself. And tbqh, Lalendra isn't a bad vote considering the game state.

2. The Worst posts a case on Lalendra in --> I support this case.

3. by Mathdino: Quotes a post from Lalendra in another game --> Okay, but how does that counter The Worst case which is basically showing that every post Lalendra has made this game not only doesn't take a side, but also have almost zero value to anyone. (Actually, I find this post a bit on the suspicious side esp. when combined with ; it feels like an active attempt to derail a wagon without compelling reason (at least imo) why.)

4. are reads by Iconeum --> Lots of townreads, probably leaning a bit more on the town side cuz of that but not much else to comment there.

5. : Iconeum asks why The Janitor has stopped being the focus of discussion --> Multiple reasons: 1) I think he did step up his game some since his opening. Not much, but a decent degree to shift focus elsewhere some 2) At its height, Janitor's wagon had no counterwagons; that's not a good sign. 3) Another VC related reason--Janitor's wagon has existed practically the entire game

6. In , Iconeum believes we are exaggerating the scumminess of some of Lalendra posts --> Probably true, but when they only have six or so posts (I can't remember the number), there is not much to go by, now is there? I think (see The Worst's case in ) that the fact that none of Lalendra's posts really had any relevance to solving the game in any way is pretty tell-tale sign. Add to that Mathdino's aggressive attempt to derail the wagon (though this is slippery territory), and I think we have a fairly solid case though it could of course benefit from more evidence.

7. : According to Iconeum, all of Lalendra's posts were from Friday --> Were they? I thought they posted some Saturday? Well, I don't look at timestamps too much, so that is probably true. Still, by the time Lalendra entered the thread, there was enough content to (imo) give some kind of read or take some kind of stance.

8. Some stuff about Ausuka in --> Quick question: you did factor in Ausuka's meta experience with me (as well as read accuracy with me) when making that re-evaluation, right?

9. : More from Iconeum about Ausuka read --> I mean, I did make that big post in that time frame, and Ausuka did clarify later that the unvote was because she needed to reevaluate after that. Also, I think it is a bit less effort and more of a meta-based read. (Note: Just providing an alternate viewpoint here.)

10. by Mutantdevle paints my wagon 'leap' from The Janitor to Lalendra as scummy --> I think this is a poor representation of the actual progression. First of all, to say I didn't scumread Lalendra isn't exactly true (maybe I was 1% confident they were town in a readslist, but such a low % doesn't matter that much here). And yes, I did acknowledge flaws with the Lalendra wagon; however, I also pointed out some major flaws with The Janitor wagon. Nothing in mafia is black-and-white; you must consider everything as an aggregate. Now, if you were paying attn to those two posts, you would understand my reason for my change and my acknowledgement that while it was perhaps not the ideal change, it was the better direction to head in from my perspective.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 10:02 am

Post by yessiree »

VC 1.12

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch

Lalendra (5) -
the worst, Taly, Ircher, SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis, Ausuka
Ircher (2) -
Mathdino, mutantdevle
Ausuka (2) -
Lovebird, Eddie Cane
The Janitor (1) -
Iconeum
Iconeum (1) -
davesaz

Not voting
- Lalendra, The Janitor, Myloninja13

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2018-05-15 20:00:00)
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 10:05 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 262, Mathdino wrote:seriously

what has mutant done that's particularly townish
a page long entrance of meh to good stuff with good reads and a good vote

:thonkang:
In post 279, Lovebird wrote:Ok, ausuka is scum. Maybe ico too. Think janitor is town
This isn't how you played before.

Why is Ausuka scum? And Ico? And you townread a scummy slot. Hng. Fos Lovebird.
In post 282, Almost50 wrote:
In post 280, yessiree wrote:Almost50 (3) - SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis, brassherald
@Mod: I know SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis looks like half the player list in one word, but they still count as one vote. :P

Oops! fixed.
lol
In post 287, Mathdino wrote:Town: Lovebird, TW

Probtown: Beefster, SIMYK

Unlikely scum by draft: Ausuka, brassherald, Taly
Unlikely scum in general: Iconeum

To sort: Ircher, Lalendra

Probscum: Janitor, one of {A50, mutant}
Why one of A50 Mutant specifically rather than the pairs as a whole?
In post 288, Almost50 wrote:
In post 287, Mathdino wrote:Probscum: Janitor, one of {
A50, mutant
}
Ser-bloody-iously!! And I guess Jay was town in Masons and Monks too! :facepalm:
...what?
In post 297, Almost50 wrote:
In post 295, Mathdino wrote:your scumgame is not exclusively "i have a plan for how to deal with every player"

i don't know what you're asking me to see
Fine. You do you and I'll do me, then.

Just ftr, I won't vote outside Iconeum/The Janitor until they both flip.
Seriously?
In post 299, Almost50 wrote:
In post 298, Mathdino wrote:also why no interest in the 4s and 5s?
That would be because you're not reading what I'm typing, perhaps?
But I don't know the answer either, and I'm reading from the beginnig so the thread is fresh in my mind.
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 10:14 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 306, the worst wrote:that is SOME SERIOUSLY SUPER thinking SASKE ヾ(〃^∇^)ノ

I want to lynch mutant a liiiittle bit
Again, why?
In post 308, Mathdino wrote:i'm not invested enough in no longer threatening him with a policy lynch

to actually defend the fact that i'm slightly townreading him
I could use an explanation please. Helps me sort you, not Beef.

-
I townread Ircher so far, so
In post 329, Mathdino wrote:
In post 322, Ircher wrote:I townread Saske for their reads, not the draft. I feel that picking a high number helps ensure you don’t conflict with someone else, so I wouldn’t rule out Saske scum.
"I townread SIMYK but their draft number would be pro-scum"

nothing means anything, gg

...oh wait never mind you CAN game this setup and it's been done in the past
In post 324, Ircher wrote:How do you know SIMYK is an alt when they keep denying it?
because everyone knows they're an alt? do you think secret alts all go and admit that they're alts?

why do you care?

scum is {Janitor, Ircher, {mutant, A50}}
The fuck Mathdinkle?
In post 343, the worst wrote:oops sorry missed the dayvig button

VOTE: Ircher
The fuck duckhead?

is meh
In post 377, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 313, Ircher wrote:Yeah, stop with all the setup speccing please.
This triggers me so much.
Eh. Ircher dropped off for me a fair bit after his next string of posts, but I still think its VI more than scum.
In post 386, brassherald wrote:
In post 383, mutantdevle wrote:Observation: Math seems a little more aggressive than usual?
This seems pretty much like Math's town meta to me.

Where do you see him being more aggressive?
I was about to ask you for his scum meta differences and I realized I'm you. Lol.

-

My predecessor is hilariously town lol if I see any votes on him I'm probably fosing them

Page 17. Skimmed a fair bit of this. I think Ausuka and Ircher has a scum probably, definitely not SvS though.
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 10:20 am

Post by Mathdino »

brass metadived me for 719 Stack the Deck. I'm guessing there are components that he didn't publicise.

I'm more interested in questions that lead toward an actionable plan than questions that sort me by dredging up things from 20 pages ago. When you're caught up list all the questions that you're still interested in me answering.

ngl i'm at the point where i'm also not really interested in locktowning yet
i'm not really in many games and the games in queue are pretty lame so i'm kinda hoping to be in this one for a while :/
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 10:27 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 724, Eddie Cane wrote:if there's a fruit vendor there can't be a neighbourizer
If there's a fruit vendor instead of a neighbouriser I will policy lynch them for being so fucking stupid.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 10:30 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 723, Ausuka wrote:I feel like this is an oversimplification of the situation. Sure, it doesn't make much sense as either alignment, but thinking "OK, I will roleclaim on page 1 and accuse others of rolefishing so I look like a VI and apply WIFOM" makes a LOT more sense than "hey, this player voted me because of mechanics in RVS. They must be scum rolefishing! You know what I should totally do now??? Claim. That makes a lot of sense!"
Y'know what, I actually really agree with this. From my experience, scum tends to accuse people role fishing more and it doesn't make sense to me either as to why they'd respond to someone role fishing with actually claiming.
I mostly just lurk now.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 10:30 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 457, Mathdino wrote:because it's lazy and seems to be intended to enhance an ongoing conflict between me/ircher

no analysis or nuance behind it

like yeah i make "one of {x, y} are scum" posts but my example in this game is based on "A50 is playing to his scum meta, is unlikely scum with mutant, and mutant hasn't towntold yet which has a lot of scum equity for him"

mutant's post doesn't really make sense
Don't like this angleshoot.

However...

Ircher's sliding a lot as of page 18.
In post 476, Mathdino wrote:
In post 280, yessiree wrote:The Janitor (5) - Mathdino, Almost50, Iconeum, Beefster, mutantdevle
in that case, going from what i know of something_smart's lynchbait tendencies

(even if it's not S_S i think we can apply similar meta of "how people treat behaviour like that")

if janitor is town, i think there's guaranteed scum on this wagon.
The whole wagon is you, 3 of my townreads, and A50...
In post 477, SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis wrote:
In post 280, yessiree wrote:The Janitor (5) - Mathdino, :right:
.+:。Almost50。:+.
:left: , Iconeum, Beefster, mutantdevle
Hmm, it appears that will be a DIFFICULT task to ACCOMPLISH, if ONLY we had some insight that LEAD us to the CORRECT direction (ʃ⌣́,⌣́ƪ)
lol.

Aren't you supposed to be able to read A50 as we saw in TM? What is his slot here? Solves a lot of stuff. Also, why is there guaranteed scum on the wagon? Past the mathematical likelyhood idgi.
In post 478, Mathdino wrote:FWIW i agree that A50 is much more likely scum than not here

but i will always disagree with lynching A50 on D1

if we're both town we'll figure it out (and one of us probably gets NK'd lol)
wat
In post 482, Ircher wrote:I am more conservative about giving super confident reads.
Didn't you give way more reads in 1900? I'll need to pull that up I think. viewtopic.php?t=71319&f=53&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go
Actually no you didn't, viewtopic.php?p=9069739#p9069739 however... your iso there is still way townier for the completely seperate reason that you're actually solving. lol. Also, where's stuff like viewtopic.php?p=9071168#p9071168 here? That's the equivalent of a reads list with "confident" reads.
In post 490, Almost50 wrote:
In post 479, the worst wrote:i have this strange voice in my head saying it's a50.......
Alright then. Let's ruin this game because I'm playing with a bunch of nutters.

I DID NOT LAND MY PICK
. I went for Neighborizer.
I don't think Scum!Dino would go for that over most any other combination (Vengeful is a powerful tool for scum. RB and/or JK, or maybe RB+Tracker/Role Cop.. etc).

So, someone is a Neighborizer or a Fruit Vendor.

And I was just trying the
bloody infamous A50 gambit
, so
that
is why I'm being iiretated by being overly SR, and especially so by the
MATHDINO
<< i.e. The one person in this game that knows exactly what I'm talking about AND should very well have seen it coming from a mile away.

Are you all happy now?
I don't get it. What gambit were you doing and how was this supposed to help twn.......?
In post 495, Almost50 wrote:Dino can tell you I actually self-hammered on D1 as Town (I think mutant was in that game too? You were on the scum team, mutant. Right?)
Don't fucking brag about gamethrowing.

-

Is this page of AtE town from A50 people who know him?
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 10:40 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

Bored of posting so just gonna keep reading.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 10:44 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 643, Mathdino wrote:I just don't like to stall the game out pressuring a lurker
I could end the day lynching lalendra, sure, but it feels like there's more that could be done

A50 slot is town btw

Edit: I'm not making a point, I'm presenting IIOA
Level of confidence?
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 10:47 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 741, the worst wrote:Sadly there isn't enough Beef content to have much of a strong read but current feel is that slot might be town
I'm waffling. How much does he dislike scum if you know or can find a quote of him talking about it?
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 10:47 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 743, davesaz wrote:
In post 732, the worst wrote:
In post 599, davesaz wrote:Iso'd mutantdevle. Overuse of setup spec discussison can lead to telling scum what they need to fakeclaim or who they need to kill.
I will argue against misinformation and misuse of basically correct spec if I see it but otherwise would prefer to leave enough intact to solve later.
Hmm I read this as a scumread.
That's one point off dave but *shrug*
That was gently yelling at mutantdevle to lay off the heavy setup stuff.

Eddie, same goes for you, it's good for you to figure out things for yourself but bad to help scum figure out who has which pr.
Anything I'm speccing has nothing to do with my role PM and is therefore info scum likely has already. 3 heads are smarter than 1.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 10:48 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 745, Mathdino wrote:people don't seem to realise that scum has 3 times the brain trust that any individual townie has when it comes to figuring out the setup

it's not like saying factually true things (like oh i guess we have a tracker/jailkeeper above beefster) makes scum think OH SHIT I HADNT THOUGHT OF THAT or THANKS FOR DOING THE WORK FOR US MATHDINO/EDDIE CANE/MUTANT

like, if we didn't do it, 1 scum would take a minute out of their time to do it themselves. there's probably a bookkeeper in the PT keeping track of all that unless scum is totally incompetent

so while claiming is shit, setup spec is pro-town
it takes the info that the few likely already have and disseminates it to the many
ye
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 10:50 am

Post by Mathdino »

95% town: TW, A50slot, Taly

90% town: EDDIE CANE, Beefster/Mylo

probtown idk: Icon, Lovebird, SIMYK

The rest: Ircher, Janitor, Lalendra, mutant

realistically i'm wrong on one of the probtownreads
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 10:55 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

{Eddie}
{Simyk}
{Mutant}
{The Worst, Iconeum}
confident above^ are all town, leaving a PoE of {Mathdino, Ausuka, Davesaz, Lalendra, Myloninja13, The Janitor, Lovebird, Taly, Ircher}

Isn't Taly supposed to be a great player? I think she had 2 posts lmao. I have no clue what to do with mathdinkle I flip flopped a lot on reading him. I'll go townie side. Ausuka meh scummy. Dave slot meh scummy. Mylo meh townie. Janitor scummy. Lovebird scummy. Ircher scummy.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 10:56 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 754, Mathdino wrote:I'm more interested in questions that lead toward an actionable plan than questions that sort me by dredging up things from 20 pages ago. When you're caught up list all the questions that you're still interested in me answering.
I wouldn't have asked them if I didn't want answers. Short ones are fine (ie a sentence).
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 10:57 am

Post by Mathdino »

can i get you to work for it
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 10:57 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

Never mind, Taly goes with Worst and Iconeum. Townie as fuck.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 10:58 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 766, Mathdino wrote:can i get you to work for it
what work?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 10:59 am

Post by Mathdino »

list all the questions

and yeah taly is pretty much locktown

i think i found a secret tell

as much as that means given he has one scumgame lol
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 11:02 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 747, Eddie Cane wrote:Wait.... what? Saske is lock town for picking a large number but scum picks a large number for a guaranteed singleton?
In post 735, Eddie Cane wrote:does mathdino know? yes or no. you'll know what i'm talking about.
In post 753, Eddie Cane wrote:I could use an explanation please. Helps me sort you, not Beef.
In post 757, Eddie Cane wrote:Aren't you supposed to be able to read A50 as we saw in TM? What is his slot here? Solves a lot of stuff. Also, why is there guaranteed scum on the wagon? Past the mathematical likelyhood idgi.
In post 759, Eddie Cane wrote:Level of confidence?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 11:12 am

Post by the worst »

In post 754, Mathdino wrote:brass metadived me for 719 Stack the Deck. I'm guessing there are components that he didn't publicise.

I'm more interested in questions that lead toward an actionable plan than questions that sort me by dredging up things from 20 pages ago. When you're caught up list all the questions that you're still interested in me answering.

ngl i'm at the point where i'm also not really interested in locktowning yet
i'm not really in many games and the games in queue are pretty lame so i'm kinda hoping to be in this one for a while :/
join 725
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 11:13 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 732, the worst wrote:
In post 599, davesaz wrote:Iso'd mutantdevle. Overuse of setup spec discussison can lead to telling scum what they need to fakeclaim or who they need to kill.
I will argue against misinformation and misuse of basically correct spec if I see it but otherwise would prefer to leave enough intact to solve later.
Hmm I read this as a scumread.
That's one point off dave but *shrug*
I don't think it was a scum read, I interpreted it as him explaining how he thinks misuse of setup spec is scummy and he was cautioning me on not doing that.

You don't have to worry about that though, I don't plan on revealing any information that helps the mafia. Hence why I'll never release my spreadsheet of meta publically.
I mostly just lurk now.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 11:13 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 764, Eddie Cane wrote:{Eddie}
{Simyk}
{Mutant}
{The Worst, Iconeum}
confident above^ are all town, leaving a PoE of {Mathdino, Ausuka, Davesaz, Lalendra, Myloninja13, The Janitor, Lovebird, Taly, Ircher}
Does anybody disagree with this?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 11:14 am

Post by the worst »

In post 760, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 741, the worst wrote:Sadly there isn't enough Beef content to have much of a strong read but current feel is that slot might be town
I'm waffling. How much does he dislike scum if you know or can find a quote of him talking about it?
Lemme check GTKAS. We havent actually spoken about preferred alignment but I actually think his town game has a bit of potential, scum game needs more work

pedit: yes I am Eddietier town
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march

Return to “Completed Open Games”