Lets Talk Pen & Paper RPGs (All systems welcome!)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #769 (isolation #0) » Wed May 09, 2018 11:50 am

Post by AniX »

If anyone is interested in seeing the new Pathfinder character I'm running, here she (and her familiar aka main combat tool) is:

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1531831 (Girl)
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1532228 (Bird)

A flying violent swarm of Ravens pinballing across the battlefield doing 8d6 a round, as mapped out here (if you care about crunch):
(Move) Bird Move Action: Move, end move, 2d6
(Standard) Convert Bird Standard to Move: Move, end move, 2d6 [4d6]
(Move/Immediate) Knight Move/Bird Immediate: Move, Stick Together, End move, 2d6 [6d6]
(Standard) Knight Standard: Attack/Aid Other/Other Action
(Free) 1/round Advancing Bird Free to Move: Move 10 feet upon reducing enemy to 0, end move, 2d6 [8d6]
(Swift) 1/day Extra Bird Move (Quick Runner's Shirt): Move, end move, 2d6

Next level I'm take Piranha Strike which will subtract -2 to AB and add +4 to damage, but since the Raven doesn't roll it's all gravy in the form of another +16 damage per round (assuming discussions on whether swarm attack damage is melee damage).

Her and her raven's story haven't played out fully yet so I don't want to share it publicly, but basically she is a minor noble whose family was wiped out in Not-Ireland and was taken in by a "Raven" who is clearly an agent of a dark (possibly evil, definitely chaotic) patron grooming her for some sort of destiny, so a lot of the tension in the character is the influence the Raven holds over her and, in turn, the influence the patron has over the raven, while at the same time the true affection they have for one another.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #774 (isolation #1) » Wed May 09, 2018 6:45 pm

Post by AniX »

In post 770, animorpherv1 wrote:Did you roll for those stats?

EDIT: Nevermind I missed the +1 to an ability score once you hit level 4. That's a 20PB. Looks solid enough, but the 20 con confuses me.
Familiar HP is based off the HP of the master (half rounded down, and then half again when it swarms up), and familiars aren't exactly built with being main frontline combat fighters in mind, so I wanted to make sure the bird swarm could take a beating.

I probably didn't need THAT much HP but the rest of the stats matter much less than normal since the human doesn't really DO much in combat except activate Swarm on her first turn then set the bird up with Escape Route and Stick Together afterwards. Other than that, the only stats I needed not dumped were Int and Con (Evolved Familiar requires them both at 13) and Dex so the human doesn't have shit AC. So why NOT pump Con as high as it will go and give both parties a good health buffer?
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #782 (isolation #2) » Fri May 11, 2018 11:46 am

Post by AniX »

All classes can have style and all classes can explore the setting and characters though.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #815 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:41 am

Post by AniX »

I deliberately avoid playing in games that are premade adventure paths. I almost never enjoy them.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #827 (isolation #4) » Sun May 31, 2020 6:25 am

Post by AniX »

I've been running a Sailor Moon tabletop RPG online during the Quarantine and we just got to the moment where the mentor-turned-well-intentioned-extremist Professor Katharine Campbell/Enkienlilan managed to get her hands on a transformation ability and combine the powers of both Sailor Guardians and Knights. This is the result of trying to make a cool villain design by taking uniform elements from each (designed by me, drawn by a friend).

Spoiler:
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN

Return to “The Arcade”