Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 7:44 am

Post by Garuga »

In post 81, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 79, BuJaber wrote:
In post 78, Hopkirk wrote:VOTE: TehBrawlGuy
Do we have to pay to access the full post?
I'm hoping we can find some town in the smart sheepers.
Are you implying that the "smart choice" is to sheep you?
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Unable to disclose per the terms of my witness protection order.

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 8:22 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 99, ByronVilla wrote:
In post 96, Gustavo wrote:
In post 94, ByronVilla wrote:See what I stated above, I'm not expecting you to have posted until now, but it's more of a warning to say that if you continue to not say anything for another few days I'm gonna be super sus.
Challenge accepted.

See ya Monday.
Ok if you're actually just gonna avoid participating in the game for 4 days for no good reason other than to spite some guy who thinks not posting for that length of time is inactive, then that's just either plain scummy or plain childish. Idk if you're gonna go through with it but if you're going to just act like that, which is going to help the town in absolutely no way at all, then you're a lot more deserving of my vote than anyone else.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Gustavo
No I actually am going to be busy this weekend and wanted to fuck with you and that was seriously the best way to do it. If you are town you need to SERIOUSLY lighten up. If people don’t post for a couple of days it doesn’t mean anything at all. You can’t scum read people for not posting. You can hate them, you can bitch about them, but unfortunately inactivity isn’t a scumtell.
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 8:33 am

Post by ByronVilla »

In post 101, Gustavo wrote:
In post 99, ByronVilla wrote:
In post 96, Gustavo wrote:
In post 94, ByronVilla wrote:See what I stated above, I'm not expecting you to have posted until now, but it's more of a warning to say that if you continue to not say anything for another few days I'm gonna be super sus.
Challenge accepted.

See ya Monday.
Ok if you're actually just gonna avoid participating in the game for 4 days for no good reason other than to spite some guy who thinks not posting for that length of time is inactive, then that's just either plain scummy or plain childish. Idk if you're gonna go through with it but if you're going to just act like that, which is going to help the town in absolutely no way at all, then you're a lot more deserving of my vote than anyone else.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Gustavo
No I actually am going to be busy this weekend and wanted to fuck with you and that was seriously the best way to do it. If you are town you need to SERIOUSLY lighten up. If people don’t post for a couple of days it doesn’t mean anything at all. You can’t scum read people for not posting. You can hate them, you can bitch about them, but unfortunately inactivity isn’t a scumtell.
Whilst it isn't a scumtell, it is anti-town, as during that time you're not contributing to the discussion whatsoever. The way you put it beforehand was in a style that was clearly not going to help anyone, and from the way you speak about it, it was specifically to wind me up. Well in your terms, to 'fuck with you'. I understand if you're away from the weekend that's fair, but why go through the effort of winding up a member of the discussion. It's not going to help anyone unless it's for the purposes of pressuring me (in which case, that's actually fair reasoning). But imo pressuring and just flat out 'fucking' with someone are two different things, and it's not doing us any favors.
Mumble
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 8:37 am

Post by Mumble »

VOTE: Byron

The entirety of your reads are activity based. They aren't premature, they are baseless and basically amount to fluff. You need to tweak your definition of inactive as well...your homesite operate on a 48/24 cycle?
Mumble
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 8:38 am

Post by Mumble »

In post 70, Saudade wrote:Wait there's already 3 votes on you god you're popular
VOTE: unvote
3 votes makes her popular? Not sure why realizing there were 3 votes makes you hop off here.
Mumble
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 8:42 am

Post by Mumble »

Man, Byron is pretty inactive. Must be scum.
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 8:43 am

Post by Garuga »

In post 103, Mumble wrote:VOTE: Byron

The entirety of your reads are activity based. They aren't premature, they are baseless and basically amount to fluff. You need to tweak your definition of inactive as well...your homesite operate on a 48/24 cycle?
What about his reads on me and BuJaber? They're not activity based.

VOTE: Mumble
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 8:44 am

Post by Archwing »

VC 1.02
The physics which govern stars is quite interesting. While yes, they do "burn", it is not a normal campfire-style burn, as that requires oxygen, and as we all know... there is no air in space - it's a vacuum! So what makes them burn..? The continuous cycle of nuclear reactions! A burning star is the result of an exothermic nuclear process! Neat!

BuJaber (1):
Knuflanto
Mumble (1):
Garuga
Voyc (0):

Gustavo (1):
ByronVilla
Hopkirk (0):

Saudade (0):

TwoInAMillion (0):

ByronVilla (3):
Shoshin, Gustavo, Mumble
Garuga (1):
BuJaber
Shoshin (2):
Srceenplay, TehBrawlGuy
Srceenplay (1):
TwoInAMillion
TehBrawlGuy (2):
Saudade, Hopkirk
Knuflanto (1):
Voyc

Not Voting(0):

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Day 1 deadlines expires in:
(expired on 2018-05-24 19:32:18)

Mod Notes: Eureka!
GTKAS
Mini Normal 2010 is now live! PM me to either spectate or join a replacement queue!
Mumble
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 8:46 am

Post by Mumble »

In post 84, ByronVilla wrote:Garuga - I feel like he's looking for excuses to not be
active
in the game, and that's really not the kind of attitude I expect from a town player (See BuJaber's point). However whilst he has tried to find excuses to not be
active
, he's actually being
active
and asking people questions, which is something I really like (in fact, 6 of his 9 posts ask a question, 2 in a row make excuses as to not be as
active
as he was being, and 1 was just RVS). So it kind of balances things out, and leaves me with a neutral read.
Um...(bolding is mine)
In post 84, ByronVilla wrote:BuJaber - I'm really liking the points he's making, and he's doing something other than grabbing some popcorn and watching me and Shoshin go at it, which is much better than I can say about a certain few people in the game. Slight town read onto him.
Fair enough point here, but "liking the points" is weak on face value. What is it that he likes?

Hey Garuga, I really like the points that you made. Slight town lean.
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 8:56 am

Post by Garuga »

Fair enough. What about the part where he says I'm asking a lot of questions?

VOTE: Hopkirk
I think his post where he voted for TehBrawlGuy sounded manipulative.
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 9:26 am

Post by ByronVilla »

Ok, I'm starting to feel the pressure crikey, let's get into this.
Mumble wrote:VOTE: Byron

Ok yeah my homesite does operate on a 48/24 cycle, so fair enough, but still at this point in the game I'm trying to build reads based on as little info as possible, and if I haven't got any info from you yet, I'm gonna put you in that inactivity group. Now I also don't believe being inactive is scummy, I believe it is anti-town (anti-town meaning not scum, but hurting the chances of town finding scum). That is an important distinction and I did clarify that right here...
In post 84, ByronVilla wrote: Mumble, Gustavo, Voyc (Saudude too?) - These have all been very quiet. If they continue to not contribute, I'm going to become very suspect of them.
Of course activity isn't necessarily AI, but I personally feel it's super anti-town
, so a slight-sus lead on these, and if they still aren't active I'm going to get quite concerned. However I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, as timezones do exist, so they may have not seen this thread since RVS.
...but at the same time I also find activity to be pro-town (at least in the early stages of the game) as it promotes discussion instead of dismisses it. These aren't AI, but it's clear to me that the lower your activity, the lower the amount of info you can contribute to the group.

I also didn't feel that Gustavo's inactivity was scummy, it was the way he tried to wind me up instead of just saying he was away for the weekend that triggered my scumread on him. There was no need for him to go out of his way just to annoy me, that's not going to help anyone bar applying pressure onto me.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 10:59 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 80, ByronVilla wrote:Also how am I buddying with Screen? I'll admit I'm assuming he's town for the sake of the theory, but that's all there is to it. I'm not town reading him, I'm just making an assumption that could very well be wrong for the sake of scumreading you. This, more than anything else you've said, has come off super desperate to me, however weirdly enough I'm starting to think you're desperate town more than scum. I'll have to think more into this to decide if I'm actually confident in this read or not, although I'm still learning a bit more towards scum.
You defended Screen, said his creepy vote made sense to you, and then you followed Screen's vote. How isn't that cozying up to Screen? I get the sense that you're projecting your own motivations onto me.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 11:05 am

Post by Shoshin »

Saudade, how do you square suspecting me with voting TehBrawl?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 11:07 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 98, Garuga wrote:I think Byron's readlist, at the very least, shows effort in trying to form reads on people. I do think that people are hypersensitive at the prospect of letting me become a lurker, but the criticism levelled against me has some merit IMO.
I can't follow your read on Byron. Town or scum, and why?
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 11:24 am

Post by ByronVilla »

In post 111, Shoshin wrote:
In post 80, ByronVilla wrote:Also how am I buddying with Screen? I'll admit I'm assuming he's town for the sake of the theory, but that's all there is to it. I'm not town reading him, I'm just making an assumption that could very well be wrong for the sake of scumreading you. This, more than anything else you've said, has come off super desperate to me, however weirdly enough I'm starting to think you're desperate town more than scum. I'll have to think more into this to decide if I'm actually confident in this read or not, although I'm still learning a bit more towards scum.
You defended Screen, said his creepy vote made sense to you, and then you followed Screen's vote. How isn't that cozying up to Screen? I get the sense that you're projecting your own motivations onto me.

Ok so his point made sense to me and I defended it. That isn't buddying. I'm not reading him as town, I'm assuming he's town. Me defending a point that your post felt out of place is different to you reading RVS nonsense as town-like with practically no explanation. Also you really should stop calling his vote creepy, iirc no-one else has supported you on that point. And that language man, creepy implies you're scared of his vote, and it really puts you off, which is quite a weird way to describe a vote, making it almost feel like he's onto you..? Idk maybe I'm reading too much into a single word, so I'm not too confident in that read.
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 11:45 am

Post by Garuga »

In post 113, Shoshin wrote:
In post 98, Garuga wrote:I think Byron's readlist, at the very least, shows effort in trying to form reads on people. I do think that people are hypersensitive at the prospect of letting me become a lurker, but the criticism levelled against me has some merit IMO.
I can't follow your read on Byron. Town or scum, and why?
I think he's pretty uneventful as far as players go, with "activity = pro-town" and the Shoshin buddying debacle being his main topics of discussion. I do like how he seems to be putting effort into his posts, but I think they're a bit shallow (maybe that's just the early game though). All in all, he just seems like just another townie in the crowd and as such I'm reading Byron as nulltown.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 11:52 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 114, ByronVilla wrote:

Ok so his point made sense to me and I defended it. That isn't buddying. I'm not reading him as town, I'm assuming he's town. Me defending a point that your post felt out of place is different to you reading RVS nonsense as town-like with practically no explanation.
Also you really should stop calling his vote creepy, iirc no-one else has supported you on that poin
t. And that language man, creepy implies you're scared of his vote, and it really puts you off, which is quite a weird way to describe a vote, making it almost feel like he's onto you..? Idk maybe I'm reading too much into a single word, so I'm not too confident in that read.
I kinda will. I wouldn't really use creepy, but I actually agree with her that his vote seems kind of weird on a surface level. Given the baseline level of weirdness in his other posts, it's NAI, but still.

Hopkirk's is a great post. I like his naked vote on me less, especially since that's the 3rd naked vote on me so far, but 77 is good enough I'll give it a pass.

Not a huge fan of how little content TiaM and Saudade have in their posts. Note that this is not a criticism of not having a lot of posts yet - it doesn't apply to voyc or knuf. I don't really want to swap votes right now though because giving them one vote doesn't do a whole lot. Would anyone else support TiaMWagon or SauWagon?
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 11:56 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 114, ByronVilla wrote:

Ok so his point made sense to me and I defended it. That isn't buddying. I'm not reading him as town, I'm assuming he's town. Me defending a point that your post felt out of place is different to you reading RVS nonsense as town-like with practically no explanation. Also you really should stop calling his vote creepy, iirc no-one else has supported you on that point. And that language man, creepy implies you're scared of his vote, and it really puts you off, which is quite a weird way to describe a vote, making it almost feel like he's onto you..? Idk maybe I'm reading too much into a single word, so I'm not too confident in that read.
You're reading way too much into this. I said "creepy" because that's the feel it gave me... It doesn't mean I'm scared, it means it feels bad when your first townread in the game immediately votes you. It doesn't mean he's scummy or that I'm scared. It's the hyper-paranoia that's creepy, plus the bad feel it gave me.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 12:03 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 116, TehBrawlGuy wrote:Not a huge fan of how little content TiaM and Saudade have in their posts. Note that this is not a criticism of not having a lot of posts yet - it doesn't apply to voyc or knuf. I don't really want to swap votes right now though because giving them one vote doesn't do a whole lot. Would anyone else support TiaMWagon or SauWagon?
Saud is... "creepy" - just kidding, but yeah, I think his votes on me/you seemed lazy and internally inconsistent.

Who is TiaM? Didn't see any posts.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 116, TehBrawlGuy wrote:Note that this is not a criticism of not having a lot of posts yet - it doesn't apply to voyc or knuf.
Why group voyc with knuf?
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 12:16 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 119, Shoshin wrote:
In post 116, TehBrawlGuy wrote:Note that this is not a criticism of not having a lot of posts yet - it doesn't apply to voyc or knuf.
Why group voyc with knuf?
Because they're currently the two lowest posters in the game.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 12:20 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 120, TehBrawlGuy wrote:Because they're currently the two lowest posters in the game.
Your point was that Saudade didn't have any content to his posts. Knuf only has two posts, but there's lots of content, enough to know he's looking for scum. But Voyc has less content than Saudade...
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 12:21 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 109, Garuga wrote:VOTE: Hopkirk
I think his post where he voted for TehBrawlGuy sounded manipulative.
What's manipulative about it?
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 12:22 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

Blah blah blah.

I’m going to active lurk for awhile.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 12:23 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 78, Hopkirk wrote:VOTE: TehBrawlGuy
For reference, Garuga, this is the post where Hopkirk voted TehBrawl.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”