Micro 800-B: "Normal" Stock Photos Mafia [Endgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #71 (isolation #0) » Sun May 06, 2018 7:49 am

Post by Errantparabola »

VOTE: Alisae
Also a non-random vote

As a note, finals are next week so expect me to be here in reduced capacity. My guarantee is one post a day minimum.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #155 (isolation #1) » Tue May 08, 2018 3:49 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 94, Ranmaru wrote:Right now, I never understood the Alisae wagon, and still don't. Was the wagon based on Alisae meta? This goes to Lycanfire and Errant.
I didn't have a read on Alisae, I just wanted to join the wagon.
Here's a question for you -- what is your perception of your entrances in general? I think it's not a stretch to call yours this game semi-objectively weak.
In post 136, CheekyTeeky wrote:I'm waiting to see others opinions on the mastina debacle.

I think it's ridiculous to think that scum would try to pull that move, it's insanely high risk for relatively low reward.
I think mastina is town but I hate having to bet the game on it.

Maria (Claire? Do you prefer claire?) your L-1 wagon post makes me want to townread you, but considering I think there's no compelling reason to actually scumread mastina you today is basically "let's mislynch mastina and move on to LYLO with significantly less information that we should have."

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #156 (isolation #2) » Tue May 08, 2018 3:55 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

Also I think RedTeeky went 2nd pick for a reason (and I think just probability wise there is a good reason to just baseline townread Cheeky because of that, and anyone entertaining Cheeky being scum should take that into account, and also she's just town here I think)

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #172 (isolation #3) » Tue May 08, 2018 5:59 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

Ranmaru wrote:The reward is you town reading her, which is on top of her mislynching Alisae. The reward was cutting discussion to a halt so that players would have little information to find scum, because right now, our D1 is most likely a scum-sided environment. A bunch of nulls, and two scum reads is all I could get from that.
I suppose it's not implausible (NM thinks that it's mastina as well)
What are people's thoughts on this statement--
In post 89, mastina wrote:I'm not going to be the fucking lylo mislynch. So tomorrow, either everyone agrees I'm town or everyone agrees to lynch me.

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #206 (isolation #4) » Wed May 09, 2018 7:42 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 173, Ranmaru wrote:Now Errant, talk to me about Chamber.
I don't have a grounded read on chamber right now but I think multiple factors weakly point to town (the role, how he used the role, arguing with you)
In post 177, chamber wrote:If mastina is scum do you think she lynched alisae intentionally?
What are you hoping to accomplish with this question? If mastina is scum and legitimately made a mistake that's not a talking point (I mean, maybe it is in some Bayesian sense)
In post 192, mastina wrote:If you're leaving me alive, you ARE betting the game on me being town.
That's what I'm saying, rock and a hard place.

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #223 (isolation #5) » Wed May 09, 2018 11:39 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 220, mastina wrote:Haven't had a chance to check since the last time I gave you his thoughts. (To be honest I forgot to even read what 152 was.)
I'm trying to break down your perspective here.

So you presumably know youre town.
You're willing to straight up self-destruct, send us to LYLO, and bet the whole game on us managing to get two out of two correct lynches today and tomorrow.
You're pushing one of those lynches as una, who your partner has previously said to you is locktown.
This is something that literally determines the game and you didn't care about it enough to follow up?

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #224 (isolation #6) » Wed May 09, 2018 11:40 am

Post by Errantparabola »

Mastina is at L-1 right now, right?

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #226 (isolation #7) » Wed May 09, 2018 12:05 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

I was considering asking her to claim.

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #227 (isolation #8) » Wed May 09, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

I thought about it and decided that it wasn't important given that she was self-voting, but was unsure whether or not I should mention that (role spec, etc)

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #296 (isolation #9) » Wed May 09, 2018 6:41 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

...you gave me 5 hours, and I spent 3 of those taking a final exam. No need to prod me.

I don't have any real reasons to scumread anyone right now, and I've talked about most of my reasons for thinking people are town already. As for the rest, I'll give you what I have in my working memory:

I have nothing on Una but a mild town read from 182.
I have no read on Maria and she is plausibly both alignments.
I think that you (Ranmaru) are playing with some measure of intentionality to be the biggest player/driving force behind the game and doing a poor job of it. I don't know how I would categorize your play yet. I think chamber is right to say that you're making bad faith arguments but I don't think that's actually probabilistically scummy.
The name of the game this phase is either lynch mastina or not, and through the course of this day I feel like that decision became a lot harder to make.

I'm done for the day mentally so see you tomorrow.

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #386 (isolation #10) » Fri May 11, 2018 2:45 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 313, Ranmaru wrote:Errant, I can see you thinking I'm a driving force, but I don't think I'm
trying
to be,
I just am
. Do you think that's alignment indicative?
As I said, I'm not sure where it fits in my image of you right now. I think it's not very easy for scum to maintain as big/wide ranging presence as you do which makes it easier for me to believe you're town but I think you're playing within your scum reach. I also think your mindset is uncomfortably inflexible for town but my impression is definitely subject to change post mastina flip.

So I intend to hammer at some point down the line.
I also never meant to rush you, I just wanted to leave a reminder for you and Una, since the thread became slow. Also, can you quote the post that Una made that you town read slightly?
Yeah, IDK why I said 182. I meant .
In post 356, UnaBombaH wrote:Everything else aside, I heavily disagree with this.
Trying to draw associatives between me and mastina feels bad.
I'm legit ready to "policy lynch" her for what she did in any other game with more players in it.
I think this is a terrible response but I also think it would be even more likely for scum to not acknowledge it at all.

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #387 (isolation #11) » Fri May 11, 2018 2:50 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 379, mastina wrote:MariaR and UnaBombaH have both played today in a literally identical way approaching from a literally identical angle: attack the other and basically dismissing the mastina wagon.
Maria opened today from the perspective that you were basically confscum. Do you think this fits your analysis?

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #429 (isolation #12) » Fri May 11, 2018 4:28 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 393, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 386, Errantparabola wrote:I also think your mindset is uncomfortably inflexible for town
How? When?
I got the impression that his reads were very static throughout the day phase. He's asking questions but generally I don't see how he's using them to evaluate his reads. IDK what to make of the townblock thing, generally ambivalent I think
But I do agree with him that I think my impression of him will become clearer over time.
In post 399, MariaR wrote:I still don't think I fully get why you're sring me
league games over so let me see
Extremely minor thing (or perhaps not so minor): Why did you feel the need to pre-announce your reentry into the thread?

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #435 (isolation #13) » Fri May 11, 2018 4:44 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 430, chamber wrote:what's your least favourite town game ep?
Games that I disliked being in? Games that first come to mind that I remember having a bad time in are TM: Inventions Mafia, Aeronaut’s The Nightman Cometh micro, and Dramonic’s Soccer Spirits large theme.

Link to the latter two:

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=70616
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=65649

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #437 (isolation #14) » Fri May 11, 2018 4:47 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

MariaR wrote:
In post 429, Errantparabola wrote:Why did you feel the need to pre-announce your reentry into the thread?
*shrug* I don't know? I don't really think about my posts as town I just post what is on my mind I can't really give you a reason why I did it I just did
Alright.
In post 434, Ranmaru wrote:
Errant
: I just now have progressed on my read of Chamber from Null > Scum > Null > Scum. I'm generally static with Mastina, as I have seen her do this in Inventions and I'm not going to let her off with that. I'm also willing to re-evaluate Una. Nothing else is really giving me big pause for me to reconsider at this point in the game. Also, I asked you a question, if you will.
Yeah, I guess that’s fair. And so you did, sorry I missed it. I don’t have any thoughts on it.

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #439 (isolation #15) » Fri May 11, 2018 4:53 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

Town. I think your 415 falls under the large general category of “valid interpretation that includes no compelling reason as to think it is the most likely/best one”

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #471 (isolation #16) » Fri May 11, 2018 6:24 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

I’m not intentionally being terse or vague, I only have phone access for the rest of the night. I can go more into detail about where I’m at but it’s seriously unfair for you to ask for responses in real time. Regardless of your alignment I’m pretty annoyed with you for accusing me of being slow to respond after a couple hours of inactivity at most. I’ve been taking finals all week, give me one night to get plastered out of my mind. See you tomorrow.

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #477 (isolation #17) » Sat May 12, 2018 11:00 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 436, Ranmaru wrote:
In post 429, Errantparabola wrote:Why did you feel the need to pre-announce your reentry into the thread?
I don't see the problem.
It reads as nervous. Maria sees decisive pressure, possibly she feels the need to quell that as fast as possible. Like I said, it was minor, decided it was worth poking, after her response decided, eh, no need to press further.
In post 444, CheekyTeeky wrote:What do you make of him reassessing his scum read on me?
After Ranmaru responded I decided that I was incorrect in my impression. (see: "I guess that's fair" in my response post)

I went back and read through and I think that on my end I dropped a lot of his posts/presence from my working memory and perhaps unfairly wrote his posts off simply because I disagreed with him and his reads. More on that later.
In post 459, MariaR wrote:errant feels towny but the fact he hasn't taken a solid stance sr wise is weird.
I don't think it's weird. I'm surprised you don't know how town-hunting oriented/passive (for better or for worse) my gameplay is -- have we not played town together? That being said, you're right that I haven't made any pushes and I don't feel the need to.

I do have some general impressions on plausible scumteams but that's mostly on standby for the mastina flip. I've been pretty clear with where my townreads are and I think the possibilities are pretty narrow past that.
In post 442, Ranmaru wrote:Alright, can you go more into how it's a valid interpretation, yet also not being the best/most likely?
Sure. I think your scumhunting has consistently been so that when you list the things that someone does and call them scummy, a lot of the time I go "well, I guess if that person were scum it would push a scum agenda, but that was never my first impression, and I think they could do this as town." I'll admit that a lot of it is possibly just playstyle clash (like I said before I think I tend to focus a lot more on gaining confidence in my townreads)

Like I think town's interest is also mostly self-serving and you don't take that into consideration. chamber *could* be doing all these things, trying to discredit you, keep his options open on further stuff, undermine the town bloc, and so on but I just dont see what justification there is for that to be the primary interpretation. I don't think any of that is far from regular town play.

This is not to undermine your push or say it's useless. I think it's good to get a more complete picture of people etc., you'd have seen no protest from me had you not asked.
In post 442, Ranmaru wrote:Also, please go into why you town read him.
In short:
Role.
Choosing to neighborize you is something I wouldn't expect from scum.
The way he described his question to me as "excellent" is something I read as very towny.
Strong sense that he believes his pushes/desire to get a sense of people.
In post 442, Ranmaru wrote:Why are you iffy on the town bloc?
Because I only really townread Cheeky. That being said I'm not really iffy on it. I decisively don't think it's a good townblock but also if scum is in the townblock I don't think it's gamelosing by any stretch, and I'll go as far as to say it's maybe even valuable for associatives down the line.

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #504 (isolation #18) » Sun May 13, 2018 10:15 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 478, Ranmaru wrote:
Errant
: The entrance thing is null, I do it all the time. Just earlier I stated I was going to Martial Arts. I think it's good to let the thread know where you will be if not in thread. Why did you feel no need to press it further, what was your conclusion from that?
What do you think man? I asked a question, mentioned it probably didn't matter, decided it was answered sufficiently, decided not to press it further. What do you think that means?
In post 478, Ranmaru wrote:Earlier on you mentioned my points on him were in bad faith, I want you to tell me why you believed that. Also, now that I corrected you on my reads being static [they mostly weren't], how has that changed your read of my play? I also want a sorted reads list from you since you say you work on town hunting. Help me determine town.
When I said your points on him were in bad faith, that meant pretty much what I described you doing later on, writing the proof from the conclusion. Like I said, Cheeky and chamber are town. Out of you, Maria, and Una, I think Una is towniest.

I'm already exhausted with this game.
VOTE: mastina
L-1?

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #505 (isolation #19) » Sun May 13, 2018 10:16 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 502, Ranmaru wrote:I want to see where EP votes today.
Have I not repeatedly announced my intention to vote mastina today?

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #509 (isolation #20) » Sun May 13, 2018 10:30 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 477, Errantparabola wrote:Sure. I think your scumhunting has consistently been so that when you list the things that someone does and call them scummy, a lot of the time I go "well, I guess if that person were scum it would push a scum agenda, but that was never my first impression, and I think they could do this as town." I'll admit that a lot of it is possibly just playstyle clash (like I said before I think I tend to focus a lot more on gaining confidence in my townreads)

Like I think town's interest is also mostly self-serving and you don't take that into consideration. chamber *could* be doing all these things, trying to discredit you, keep his options open on further stuff, undermine the town bloc, and so on but I just dont see what justification there is for that to be the primary interpretation. I don't think any of that is far from regular town play.

This is not to undermine your push or say it's useless. I think it's good to get a more complete picture of people etc., you'd have seen no protest from me had you not asked.
I. Have. Done. That.
Stop asking me to repeat the same stuff over and over again. Please.

I haven't made any pushes because I don't have any strong scumreads. How clear do I need to make that? Am I supposed to just fucking pull a scumread out of a hat? Mastina's getting lynched today, do you want me to start my own vanity wagon?

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #581 (isolation #21) » Tue May 15, 2018 3:09 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

I want una to claim before I claim. And I want Maria to claim her targets.

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #667 (isolation #22) » Wed May 16, 2018 6:03 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

you might have to wait until tomorrow. I’m working late today and don’t want to catch up on my phone.

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #677 (isolation #23) » Thu May 17, 2018 5:20 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

I've read up, evaluated, and decided that it's in my best interest not to say anything further. Go ahead and lynch me and I hope the call that I made isn't frustrating to anyone.

I'd like to apologize to anyone who felt like I was uninvested in the game. I didn't plan to have the beginning of the game coincide with finals (which ended up being a particularly difficult week, but resolved well) and was definitely not as active as I should have been. Which is on top of my general tendency to be a lower-activity player.

--implosion
provided

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”