Allocate/Execute III--LIVE REVEAL--WINNER REVEALED!

D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Sat May 12, 2018 9:27 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Fancy changes!

/in
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Thu May 17, 2018 4:48 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Are we doing this AGAIN std?

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #55 (isolation #2) » Fri May 25, 2018 6:13 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

How were only 51 votes spent (654-603) if 67 were shown?

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #61 (isolation #3) » Mon May 28, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

If that number is correct then the number for the previous round can’t be.

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #115 (isolation #4) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:32 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Sure

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #131 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:00 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

I...can't find it in me to vote for any of you honestly. Empire and Skelda you both did dreadful jobs of trying to manage me as a juror at the end. Do either of you have anything to say for yourselves regarding this?

Mallow - can you summarize the votes that you made particularly in early- and mid-merge, and how you caught wind of each of those votes happening?

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #132 (isolation #6) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:04 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

The only thing that stands out is that Empire, you did an incredible job of convincing Skelda that even though I got left out of six votes, I was somehow a jury threat. I have to ask how you made that happen, because holy shit that was definitely a thing.

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #171 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:26 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 158, Empire wrote:Honestly, D3f, I've been debating whether to wait to respond but I can't anymore because Skelda's arguments to you about my thought process are based on inferences that have zero basis in reality and only goes to show how his perception of my game is warped by what I laid out for him. Like, I literally have a conversation log with Meme where we were discussing F3 candidates and I mentioned your name saying that even if you make a big move, it is unlikely you would have very many votes remaining and thus would have no future control over the game. I can't really speak to whether other people spoke to him about you so all I can tell you is what happened on my end.

The reason I didn't put myself in the position where I had to make the choice at the end was because I didn't have to. By that point, I was confident enough in my game and secure enough that Skelda was going to take me to the end no matter what that I prioritized securing the Meme boot because he was the biggest threat remaining. If I really felt like I was in any danger at all, you bet your ass I would have undercommitted on Meme and then set myself up to get rid of whoever I wanted at the end. But I didn't need to and that's the point.
There are enough clear lapses in his thought process from that post that it's clear he's missing a lot in how he thought about stuff those last couple rounds.
In post 149, Skelda wrote: So first of all, I find it kind of interesting that you are simultaneously saying that you want to vote for neither Empire nor myself and you are claiming that I made this massive mistake by taking him to the end.
I have to vote because that's how these games work (for those of you keeping score at home, I legitimately thought I voted at FTC in Mario Bros but I guess I didn't). My first comment is that I'm upset at both of you for how I was handled at the end of the game. My second was me trying to consider the fact that yes, I'm actually supposed to vote for somebody at the end of this game, and it was me trying to figure out who I would want to get rid of. Yes, I am convinced that I had very little of a case to win the game, and I told you how clueless I was throughout the game. I literally had no idea about any of the alliances that existed. If you picked me over Empire, Empire, or Shadow, or xof, or Meme, or Aronis, would have pointed that out and I'd be lucky to get more than one vote.
In post 149, Skelda wrote:So like, I don't really know what I should have done to get you to be happy with me other than not vote you out
You didn't have the decency to end our conversation Saturday morning. You didn't have the decency to talk to me at all in the full twenty-two and a half hours between that and when you actually posted your message, even to provide a simple apology. You tried in your post where you voted for me, but just rehashing the same points you told me in private just a day prior doesn't count as a success. Empire didn't have the decency to talk to me at all...he explained it, but it's not like that makes it forgivable in terms of it affecting my vote.
In post 149, Skelda wrote:Empire made the same decision as me.
Nope. You decided to take Empire to the end. Empire decided to take you to the end. Some of the reasoning for getting rid of me is the same, but not all of it, because you two are clearly fighting for the same set of votes here and are making different arguments to discredit the other one's game because you two played different games. You're claiming that because Woo picked Tony to go to FTC with him in Cagayan in order for him to make the honorable decision, inherently if Tony wanted to pick Woo it would have had to be for the exact same reason, which is hilarious to think about when Tony was so, so far from honorable as a Survivor player.

------

Completely separate note. Say Empire and Meme aren't able to convince me to keep paying attention to the game, so I use the remainder of my votes on Shadoweh without telling anyone (as I was initially going to do) and she goes at F11. What happens from there, just out of curiosity? Does that actually change things?

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #172 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:36 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

(Before anyone gives me shit, it's left to me to decide if Empire's reasons for saying he'd get rid of me if he had the decision at F4 are as valid as yours but you two have both stated your cases regarding this)

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #174 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:46 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Good thing you talked me out of it in retrospect, or no?

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #187 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:20 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 176, Skelda wrote:
In post 171, D3f3nd3r wrote:
In post 158, Empire wrote:Honestly, D3f, I've been debating whether to wait to respond but I can't anymore because Skelda's arguments to you about my thought process are based on inferences that have zero basis in reality and only goes to show how his perception of my game is warped by what I laid out for him. Like, I literally have a conversation log with Meme where we were discussing F3 candidates and I mentioned your name saying that even if you make a big move, it is unlikely you would have very many votes remaining and thus would have no future control over the game. I can't really speak to whether other people spoke to him about you so all I can tell you is what happened on my end.

The reason I didn't put myself in the position where I had to make the choice at the end was because I didn't have to. By that point, I was confident enough in my game and secure enough that Skelda was going to take me to the end no matter what that I prioritized securing the Meme boot because he was the biggest threat remaining. If I really felt like I was in any danger at all, you bet your ass I would have undercommitted on Meme and then set myself up to get rid of whoever I wanted at the end. But I didn't need to and that's the point.
There are enough clear lapses in his thought process from that post that it's clear he's missing a lot in how he thought about stuff those last couple rounds.
I really disagree with this, but obviously I would. It's not really a specific enough argument that I even know how to address it, I guess it's for the Jury to decide.
In post 149, Skelda wrote: So first of all, I find it kind of interesting that you are simultaneously saying that you want to vote for neither Empire nor myself and you are claiming that I made this massive mistake by taking him to the end.
I have to vote because that's how these games work (for those of you keeping score at home, I legitimately thought I voted at FTC in Mario Bros but I guess I didn't). My first comment is that I'm upset at both of you for how I was handled at the end of the game. My second was me trying to consider the fact that yes, I'm actually supposed to vote for somebody at the end of this game, and it was me trying to figure out who I would want to get rid of. Yes, I am convinced that I had very little of a case to win the game, and I told you how clueless I was throughout the game. I literally had no idea about any of the alliances that existed. If you picked me over Empire, Empire, or Shadow, or xof, or Meme, or Aronis, would have pointed that out and I'd be lucky to get more than one vote.
Okay I mean like look, if that's the case then I made the wrong decision but that isn't really an argument against my game since like I pointed out, by not taking Immunity for himself Empire implicitly made the same decision.
In post 149, Skelda wrote:So like, I don't really know what I should have done to get you to be happy with me other than not vote you out
You didn't have the decency to end our conversation Saturday morning. You didn't have the decency to talk to me at all in the full twenty-two and a half hours between that and when you actually posted your message, even to provide a simple apology. You tried in your post where you voted for me, but just rehashing the same points you told me in private just a day prior doesn't count as a success. Empire didn't have the decency to talk to me at all...he explained it, but it's not like that makes it forgivable in terms of it affecting my vote.
Okay well I'm sorry about that, I should have messaged you. Saturday was particularly busy for me and I thought that since I'd told you that I was voting you out that night before that I didn't need to just have the same conversation again since nothing had changed, but if that's what you wanted then and it would have made you feel better then I guess I should have.
In post 149, Skelda wrote:Empire made the same decision as me.
Nope. You decided to take Empire to the end. Empire decided to take you to the end. Some of the reasoning for getting rid of me is the same, but not all of it, because you two are clearly fighting for the same set of votes here and are making different arguments to discredit the other one's game because you two played different games. You're claiming that because Woo picked Tony to go to FTC with him in Cagayan in order for him to make the honorable decision, inherently if Tony wanted to pick Woo it would have had to be for the exact same reason, which is hilarious to think about when Tony was so, so far from honorable as a Survivor player.
No that's not what I'm claiming. I'm not saying that Empire and I played the same game, but I am claiming that you can't chastise me for taking him to the end without also chastising him since presumably it would be an easy win for both of us either way if the way you see it is how it actually was. What I'm claiming is that we both thought our best chance at winning was going with each other and that was the ultimate reason why you were eliminated, which I still believe to be the case. You need to find other ways to differentiate us and I believe that my game was better because I came up with the plan that ultimately got us to this position in the first place, if I never approach Empire to go to the end with one of Mallow/Menno/Shrek, I don't believe that it happens and we wouldn't have been able to pull this off. I think that's the crucial differentiating factor and why I deserve to win.
Completely separate note. Say Empire and Meme aren't able to convince me to keep paying attention to the game, so I use the remainder of my votes on Shadoweh without telling anyone (as I was initially going to do) and she goes at F11. What happens from there, just out of curiosity? Does that actually change things?
I think I'd probably be fine? You wouldn't have enough votes to really do anything at that point, so I think we would probably have just kept Aronis around for a few more rounds than we did. I mean it's really impossible to say, but I think because of how I was positioned in my alliance I wasn't going to be in direct danger from people taking snipes and I could have made it to the end even if you did that
I think you misinterpreted...uh...basically everything I said in that post? My first line was an introduction of sorts to the several comments I made following that in the post. My second wasn't meant to be an argument against your game, it's a comment on the thoughts you expressed in what I quoted. What's interesting about it? I'm trying to figure out how my two opinions are mutually exclusive. I didn't need to rehash the same conversation we had before, a simple "once again, I'm sorry it came to this" would have been much more than sufficient and I'm honestly insulted by the fact that you think I wanted to have that same conversation again and by how you worded that part of your post. You seem to be ignoring what I said at the end about the fact that you two had very different reasons why you thought getting rid of me was the play surrounding from the fact that you two have different ideas as to how the other played. If Empire agreed with you that you were the one that pushed him in the direction of the endgame you two ultimately got to, then I'm sure that's something that he would need to address, and he has by claiming that your view of that whole sequence is false. I'm trying to differentiate the two of you and that's a place to start.

While we're looking at the last post you just made, I didn't tell you because I believed (correctly, it seemed!) that you were firmly in Shadow's and xof's corner. By the time they were gone I was so far down the rabbit hole that I wasn't going to correct myself for a lie I'd made six rounds prior.

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #190 (isolation #11) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:40 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Basically we're at the point now where we need to figure out which of you two is telling the truth about what happened regarding who was actually in control post-Jury point between you two, because both of you disagree with what the other has been saying. Some sort of quote evidence from either of you would probably help the jurors figure out which of you it was because I feel that at least some of the Jury is trying to base their votes on.

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #207 (isolation #12) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:28 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

We’re just trying to get a general sense of which one of you was calling the shots through the game. And I legitimately still don’t know, neither of you have convinced me yet. It’s not just about the vote on me, or the vote that I apparently orchestrated on xof, it’s all of the stuff that happened this game.

I’m not sure this is something I’m quite supposed to be doing in an FTC, but to the jurors in that alliance which of them appeared to be more in control?

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #209 (isolation #13) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:46 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

He did make a point to me before Vash actually went about expecting Vash to gun for him at some point.

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #228 (isolation #14) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:56 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 226, Aronis wrote:
In post 222, CaptainMeme wrote:
In post 220, Skelda wrote:ultimately Meme had drastically decreased his number of votes already even before he spent those five votes to save Empire to the point where he didn't really have any power to do anything
I'd disagree with this assessment - I only started expending large numbers of votes after that round. This was my voting history:

R1 - 6 on STD (45 remaining)
R2 - 1 on Cheery (44 remaining)
R3 - 1 on Shrek (43 remaining)
R4 - 1 on DN (42 remaining)
R5 - 3 on IPS, 1 on Vija (38 remaining)
R6 - 5 on Flum (33 remaining)
R7 - 1 on Vija (32 remaining)
R8 - 2 on Aronis, 2 on myself (28 remaining)
R9 - 10 on Xofelf (18 remaining)
R10 - 1 on Shrek, 2 on myself (15 remaining)
R11 - 1 on Mallow, 1 on D3f (13 remaining)
R12 - 13 on Shadow (0 remaining)
R13 - X_X

I was playing extremely conservatively with my votes prior to forming the alliance with Empire. I undercommitted on basically every premerge vote to the point where using 2 and 3 extra votes in R5 and R6 respectively still had me above the supposed alliance average. My only big vote dumps were on Xof and Shadow and both I only went anywhere near that high because I was thoroughly convinced that Empire's votes would essentially be my votes at the end.
You call that conservative? Oh please, get on my level. I didn't use more than a vote until the round I died
And everybody knows you did that in the last game, too. You should switch things up!

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #267 (isolation #15) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:41 pm