Allocate/Execute III--LIVE REVEAL--WINNER REVEALED!

CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Mon May 14, 2018 10:32 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

/in
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #139 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:16 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

Empire, I want to focus a bit more on the round Xof went home. You didn't know that I was going to cover your votes for you - that was a last minute decision from me to try to salvage the you/me/D3f alliance.

So what was your plan going forward if D3f had only seen 10 votes on Xof instead of 15?
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #145 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:24 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Mallow, I'd like to hear a bit about what happened on the round Flum went home for you. Did you know there would be other votes there? If so, could you elaborate on how?

Also, how many of those votes came from you?
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #161 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:16 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

In post 156, Empire wrote:
In post 140, McMenno wrote:Empire, draw a funny picture involving jigglypuff's hijinks.
after approx. one million hours on ms paint:

https://imgur.com/a/xupfU1J

While we are doing drawing requests can I have one of Jiggly and DK

Ideally with DK screaming "I HAVE AN IDOL PLEASE DON'T KILL ME"
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #166 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:46 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

whatcha gonna do about it

can't vote against me if I'm not in F3

insert forehead tapping image here
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #168 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:59 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

<3
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #170 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:20 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

I'm trying to think of more questions but I think Skelda and Empire have both explained a ton about their games and Mallow doesn't seem to have much to explain. I can't think of any more that haven't already been covered.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #180 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:16 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

ARONIS *shakes fist*
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #181 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:16 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

Or Xof maybe
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #185 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:42 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

In post 182, Skelda wrote: Aronis--10th Place (Our alliance turns on its own for the first time, mostly prompted by Meme who is worried about Aronis' connections to other people outside of alliance, and Aronis tries to eliminate Shadow I believe. Also during this round I approach Meme about the plan to go to the end together)

Not that it makes much of a difference, but it was me who approached you about going to the end together in that round - specifically because you'd been trying to shift the target off'ff D3f in the alliance chat, and I was trying to get to a position with D3f where I could make a move with him against our alliance if necessary, so I thought we could work together on that.

Something I do want to ask here is, before that point, why were you specifically pointing to the non-D3f targets in the alliance chat? I thought it was because you wanted to side with him at some point, but your posts have made it pretty clear that you were never intending to stick with him.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #218 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:47 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

In post 207, D3f3nd3r wrote:I’m not sure this is something I’m quite supposed to be doing in an FTC, but to the jurors in that alliance which of them appeared to be more in control?
Honestly, very difficult to tell. I don't think either of them had a huge amount of influence on where the alliance votes were going as a whole - most of the time, one person would bring up a name, and then everyone would just say yes and we would go with it (and afair, those names didn't tend to come from Skelda or Empire). The only times I recall it being more complicated than that were the Flum vote (which we did behind Aronis' back, so I had to create a new thread for) and the Aronis vote (which actually wasn't too different, the separate thread was already there and it came down to Shadoweh suggesting that that round would be a good time to act), neither of which Skelda or Empire were particularly key in getting going. They both seemed to take very backbenchy positions in the alliance thread itself.

I have no idea who was calling the shots in their duo, but I can say that as far as getting into a position where they could eliminate me easily was concerned, Empire was the person who made that happen. I was never 100% convinced that Skelda was on our side, but Empire completely sold me on the idea that he was kinda lost and not talking to enough people and that I was his #1 ally as a result. I trusted him enough to use 5 of my own votes on the Xof round (that definitely weren't needed to ensure the elimination) just to make sure he wasn't put in a difficult position, because he had me completely convinced that he'd take me to the end if he was in a position to do so. When he said in his opening speech "I took a lot of care in the way I presented myself", he's not kidding, and from my point of view that was the single biggest factor in the final 3 being him, Skelda, and Mallow.

Regardless of who called the shots, as far as I was concerned it was Empire's play that made those shots work.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #219 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:50 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

In post 218, CaptainMeme wrote:I trusted him enough to use 5 of my own votes on the Xof round (that definitely weren't needed to ensure the elimination) just to make sure he wasn't put in a difficult position
I should say, I think he definitely made tactical errors too - especially here by not placing those 5 votes himself to make absolutely sure that alliance stayed in place - but the fact that he had gotten me to the point where I thought doing this was of utmost importance to my game was very impressive in and of itself.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #222 (isolation #12) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:22 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

In post 220, Skelda wrote:ultimately Meme had drastically decreased his number of votes already even before he spent those five votes to save Empire to the point where he didn't really have any power to do anything
I'd disagree with this assessment - I only started expending large numbers of votes after that round. This was my voting history:

R1 - 6 on STD (45 remaining)
R2 - 1 on Cheery (44 remaining)
R3 - 1 on Shrek (43 remaining)
R4 - 1 on DN (42 remaining)
R5 - 3 on IPS, 1 on Vija (38 remaining)
R6 - 5 on Flum (33 remaining)
R7 - 1 on Vija (32 remaining)
R8 - 2 on Aronis, 2 on myself (28 remaining)
R9 - 10 on Xofelf (18 remaining)
R10 - 1 on Shrek, 2 on myself (15 remaining)
R11 - 1 on Mallow, 1 on D3f (13 remaining)
R12 - 13 on Shadow (0 remaining)
R13 - X_X

I was playing extremely conservatively with my votes prior to forming the alliance with Empire. I undercommitted on basically every premerge vote to the point where using 2 and 3 extra votes in R5 and R6 respectively still had me above the supposed alliance average. My only big vote dumps were on Xof and Shadow and both I only went anywhere near that high because I was thoroughly convinced that Empire's votes would essentially be my votes at the end.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #223 (isolation #13) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:25 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

In post 221, Skelda wrote:I also think that part of the reason that you and Empire were so tight was because you were Jigglypuff and DK whereas I didn't know either of you well before this game, kind of an irrelevant point but at least worth mentioning because you mentioned it to me at least once as a reason why you trusted Empire so much during the game
That is absolutely a factor too, there was a lot of trust there beforehand - but he played a character incredibly well in this game in front of me regardless. Bear in mind that Jigglypuff was probably the most dominant social player on Blue 1 and arguably on Blue 2 also (which I was fully aware of), and he managed to convince me that he was no social threat whatsoever in this one.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #227 (isolation #14) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:39 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Yes, but everyone knew that so you died