Large Theme Game Queue (Retired)

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #239 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by mastina »

Night
and
Day
  1. Flavor
    - Flavorless, but features a hybrid mountainous/role madness mechanic, along with partial role obscuring. (See below.)
  2. Number of players
  3. Are hydras allowed
    - Yes.
  4. Your modding experience
    - Mini Normal 1873, Mini Normal 1900, plus various games on mastin2.
  5. Current modding commitments
    - None (though I will be modding a Mini Normal in the near-future, concurrently to this one, which I believe is allowed).
  6. Reviewers
    - Ser Arthur Dayne. (SAD also has helped me with little mod things here and there I'd otherwise have forgotten about so he's an honorary assistant moderator even though he's not officially in that position. He also was given full access to all topics, albeit as a user and not moderator.)
  7. Reviewers agreed to FINAL version? (Yes/No)
    - Yes.
  8. Assistant mod
    - drealmerz7. (Dreal has access to all game topics. Dreal can make votecounts, and will forward questions/concerns/etc. to me so that I can see them faster. This is probably closer to backup mod than co-mod.)
  9. Assistant mod's experience
    - Mini Normal 1892.
  10. Assistant mod's commitments
    - This game.
  11. Is it possible your game has any of the following: cults, mid-game alignment changes, moderator lies that cannot be reasonably anticipated (for example, Godfather, Tailor, Miller, Ninja, and mechanics like that are generally fine. Telling someone they are a reflexive doctor when they're actually a PGO is not), secret win conditions, un-divulged non-randomness in player role/alignment generation, direct moderator influence during the game?
    - No.
Game advertisement:
Night
and
Day

The
Light
, The
Dark

18 Player Large Theme
Spoiler: Game Mechanics
The Light, The Dark
  • This game is explicitly a
    :
    Town
    :
    Mafia
    game.
  • This game will feature
    four phases
    :
    1. The
      Day Phase
      works just like any other game. Players talk and may vote on who to lynch.
    2. The
      Night Phase
      works just like any other game. The game thread will be locked (however, private topics will remain open), and players may privately submit any night action they are capable of performing.
    3. The
      Dawn Phase
      (end of night) and the
      Dusk/Twilight Phase
      (end of day) will be transitionary phases: all relevant actions from the night/day phase trigger, and it is at this point they are resolved. These two phases will last only as long as necessary for all pertinent actions taking place within this phase to be resolved. (Namely, player transfers.)
  • Just like in any other game, there will be a game thread open during the day phase closed during all other phases. It is within this thread players are obligated to post (as posts outside the game thread will not count towards prod timers), and it is within that thread players must vote.
  • However
    , this game will be divided into two sides:
    Light
    and
    Dark
  • Each side is essentially a neighborhood, containing a private topic in which all current members of that side may talk in at all times.
    • Players may not vote within these topics. Players may not post in the game thread content from the private thread unless it is their own. Posts within these topics will not reset activity requirements. They will otherwise function like the game thread.
  • The
    Dark
    side is Mountainous: any player who is in the dark side cannot use their role, even if they know what their role is.
    • Mafia within the
      Dark
      may still use their nightkill and discuss with teammates, but no other powers are available to them.
  • The
    Light
    side is Role Madness: every player who is in the light side has a role which they may use within its given limitations for as long as they are on the light side.
  • Players who begin in the
    Dark
    will not be informed of what their role is. Instead, they will be informed of their alignment, and of their role
    type
    . (E.g. a Vigilante would be "Town Killing", a Cop would be "Town Investigative".)
  • Players who die in the
    Dark
    will not have their full role PM flip: they will have their alignment and role
    type
    flip. (E.g. a Vigilante would flip "
    Town Killing
    ", a Cop would flip "
    Town Investigative
    ", a Mafia Rolecop would flip "
    Mafia Investigative
    ".)
  • Dynamics are determined not by starting position, but by
    current position
    . That means, a player who started as
    Light
    will, if within
    Dark
    , not have their role work; that same player who started in
    Light
    will, iff killed, have only their role type flip. Similarly, a player who started as
    Dark
    will, if killed in
    Light
    , have their
    full role
    flip.
  • Players in the
    Light
    may target players in the
    Dark
    freely
    . There is no isolation between sides limiting you to targeting within your own side.
  • Players
    only get one lynch per day
    , determined in the game thread. This is not two separate games.
    Both halves are either won or lost by
    all members of the faction
    If the mafia make up the majority in one side yet do not have overall majority they don't win; if a side is free of mafia the town on that side does not win.
  • Similarly, the mafia only gets
    one kill per night
  • In other words, town wins when all four mafia are dead and not a moment sooner; mafia win when they hold majority of the total town numbers and not a moment sooner. Regardless of how many town/mafia are in light/dark.
  • Scum have the freedom to choose which side they kill from. I.e., if the town lynches from the
    Light
    , the mafia have the choice of killing nobody, killing from the
    Light
    , or killing from the
    Dark
  • Obviously, it may arise where one side at the end of a day/night has notably more numbers than the other side (2/3/4/5 more). If one side has
    two/three members more
    , then the other side will cast a majority vote on which player they wish to steal. In the case of a tie, the side with more members will hold a vote between the tied members on who they will lose. If a tie persists, the moderator will do a dice roll to determine the player sent over.
    If one side has
    four/five members more
    , then this same process is simply doubled with two players sent out to equalize the sides.
  • Mafia Switch Mechanic:
    • At any time the numbers between sides are equal (e.g. 9:9, 8:8, 4:4), once per full phase (day/night), the mafia may switch two currently-living players: one from
      light
      , and one from
      dark
      . (In other words, were numbers equal on all of D1/N1/D2, the mafia may switch during all three times.)
    • The mafia may change submitted switches any time before the end of the phase; I will accept the last valid switch submitted at that time.
    • This switch will take effect (resolving) at the end of the phase, during the transitional phase (twilight/dawn).
    • The switch will happen even if one/both of the players in question are deceased at the time the switch resolves and/or numbers cease to be evenly distributed, as long as both were alive at the time the switch was triggered.
    • In the event numbers between
      Light
      and
      Dark
      side cease being equal midway through a phase, the mafia may choose to retract a switch action that was made when numbers were equal between the two sides. The retraction cannot be undone once it is made, as switches cannot be done with uneven distribution. Furthermore, the mafia at this point would be unable to change the switch to something different.
    • Inversely, in the event that midway through a phase numbers suddenly
      become
      equal, the mafia may then use their switch.

• Each scum player, unlike the town players, knows what power they possess even if they start on the dark side. (They simply can't use them while there.)
    • The mafia, however, have received
      full safeclaims
      which hold the exact format of actual town role PMs.
  • In addition to possessing a personal power, each mafia player possesses a
    personal factional boon
    , an additional scum power they hold access to while in the
    Light
  • Light
    /
    Dark
    distribution was entirely randomized. You might have four mafia start in the
    Dark
    , four mafia start in the
    Light
    , three in Dark/Light, or two in each.
  • Mafia may use ALL of their valid actions at once.
  • Action Resolution:
    • When dealing with action resolution, I will first check to see if there is a possible conflict. If there's none,
      actions will resolve the obvious way. If there might be potential for conflict, continue down this list.
    • My second source for checking action resolution will be
      role PMs as they are written
      . That being, by the exact wording of the roles in question, is there an obvious solution? Please note then the importance of role PM wording! I will use very exact technical resolutions; if there is any room for doubt in your mind, you can and should ask for clarity!
    • If there is no obvious solution and still room for ambiguity, then I will next resort to Natural Action Resolution to resolve the conflict.
    • Should a conflict
      still
      exist, I will use Reasonable Action Resolution to the best of my knowledge to fill in the gaps. It should be noted this is not my first source (it is a source of last resort), and thus pay attention to the above two first.
    • If for some reason that still leaves a conflict, I will resolve things on a case-by-case basis.
[/list]

3/11 preins btw.

Note:
As this game features switches in neighborhoods, I would very much prefer for players to not join if they think for any reason they may need to replace out. (Because the replacement wouldn't have access to the posts made in the other PT which the original slot holder knew about.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #241 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:34 am

Post by mastina »

In post 240, Untrod Tripod wrote:Heartless and mastina may put their games in signups
To do that, I need the power to create a thread in the queue, which I currently lack.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #266 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:12 pm

Post by mastina »

Night
and
Day
Mafia
has now ended in a
scum
win!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #267 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:41 am

Post by mastina »

/in to mod:
  1. Game name
    - The Mod is
    Mafia

2. Flavor
    -
    Ever thought that your game moderator was basically a player in the game?
    Well now, that's actually true!

And guess what?

She hates your guts.

3. Number of players
  4. Are hydras allowed (Yes/No)
    - Yes.
  5. Your modding experience
    -
    Night
    and
    Day
    Mafia, Mini Normal 1920, Mini Normal 1900, Mini Normal 1873, Gistou, Hilariously Unbalanced Mafia 2, Hilariously Unbalanced Mafia, and so on and so forth.
  6. Current modding commitments
    - None.
  7. Reviewers
    - Ginngie.
  8. Reviewers agreed to FINAL version? (Yes/No)
    - Yes.
  9. Backup or co-mod
    - Given the game's premise (active moderator influence--see game mechanics), I'm intentionally running the game without one. However, if necessary, Ginngie has all the information she needs at her disposal to take over. (Basically if it's absolutely 100% required for me to have an on-hand replacement moderator to fulfill all aspects of the game, then she is who I have.)
  10. Backup or co-mod's experience
    - See above.
  11. Backup or co-mod's commitments
    - See above.
  12. Is it possible your game has any of the following: cults, mid-game alignment changes, moderator lies that cannot be reasonably anticipated (for example, Godfather, Tailor, Miller, Ninja, and mechanics like that are generally fine. Telling someone they are a reflexive doctor when they're actually a PGO is not), secret win conditions, un-divulged non-randomness in player role/alignment generation, direct moderator influence during the game? (Yes/No)
    - Given the premise of the game,
    hell
    yes. The game will not feature cults or mid-game alignment changes or secret win conditions, but the others I cannot guarantee because the game's entire premise revolves around direct moderator influence during the game. (See below.)
Game Mechanics
:

Spoiler: Spoiled for length
I AM THE SUPREME RULER OF ALL
  • This game is explicitly a
    :
    Town
    :
    Mafia
    game.
  • I,
    mastina
    , your game moderator, am aligned with
    the
    Mafia
    as a fifth member. I have those four players' best interests at heart at all times.
  • Given this inherent premise, this game is bastard-as-
    hell
  • However, I am still your game moderator. I will guarantee you that all official moderator information will be guaranteed to be accurate (barring mod error of course). The opening post, rules, game mechanics, all votecounts, prods, replacements, flips, etc. will be handled as a moderator and not as a player and are thus immune to falsification.
  • I can vote like any player, but my vote is worth 0.
  • I can be voted, but I cannot be lynched; votes on me will do nothing and are equivalent to Not Voting.
  • I cannot inform the mafia of any player's role.
  • I cannot inform the mafia of the existence of any role.
  • As an extension, I cannot inform the mafia if a town player is fakeclaiming or realclaiming a role.
  • I cannot submit night actions for the scumteam.
  • However, I CAN be sent to do the nightkill if the scumteam so chooses to elect me to do so.
  • I am therefore a valid target of any night action myself.
  • Though I am incredibly limited in what I can/can't say, I am permitted to vaguely help the mafia in their planning.
  • I am able to post as a player.
  • I am able to abuse my moderator edit/delete powers to further the scum wincon of my own free will.
  • The mafia may ask me to edit or even delete any post. However, there are restrictions to this.
    1. I cannot manipulate official game content: votecounts, prods, flips, etc. are all guaranteed to be accurate.
    2. I cannot delete any post with a valid vote or a valid unvote.
    3. I cannot edit a valid vote or a valid unvote out of a post.
    4. If a vote or unvote is only invalid because of broken tags, I cannot edit/delete it because I am moderator-bound to fix the broken tag and thus it will become a valid vote/unvote and be subject to the above rules.
    5. The mafia cannot ask me to break tags in a post where tags were working, as I am moderator-bound to fix any broken tags.
    6. The mafia cannot ask me to delete essentially a whole gamedays' worth of posts.
    7. The mafia cannot ask me to delete a post made over three phases ago.
    8. The mafia cannot ask me to edit a post made over five phases ago.
I've got 5 pre-ins.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #373 (isolation #4) » Mon May 14, 2018 10:47 am

Post by mastina »

1. Game name
    - Lynch The Wolves
  2. Flavor
    - Lynching Werewolves, thus, all roles have more "werewolf" (rather than mafia) themed names/abilities.
  3. Number of players
  4. Are hydras allowed (Yes/No)
    - Yes
  5. Your modding experience
    - Most recently, Worst Game Ever Run, and before that, Mod is Mafia, and before that, Night and Day Mafia concurrently to Mini Normal 1920, and so on and so forth.
  6. Current modding commitments
    - None
    currently
    , but this game will be run concurrently with Succinct Mafia
  7. Reviewers
    - SirCakez, Ircher, and unofficially technically Jingle too
  8. Reviewers agreed to FINAL version? (Yes/No)
    - Explicitly so from SirCakez and Ircher, yes.
  9. Backup or co-mod
    - Jingle
  10. Backup or co-mod's experience
    - Team Mafia Tiebreaker Game, Micro 756, Micro 772, Micro 503, Micro 496, Mini 1723, Mini 1676, Mini 1659, and so on and so forth.
  11. Backup or co-mod's commitments
    - As far as I can tell, Jingle has none.
  12. Is it possible your game has any of the following: cults, mid-game alignment changes, moderator lies that cannot be reasonably anticipated (for example, Godfather, Tailor, Miller, Ninja, and mechanics like that are generally fine. Telling someone they are a reflexive doctor when they're actually a PGO is not), secret win conditions, un-divulged non-randomness in player role/alignment generation, direct moderator influence during the game? (Yes/No)
    - No. Game is explicitly non-bastard.

Return to “Completed Signups”