Song Contest 117 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:00 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Ego
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Tue May 01, 2018 3:37 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Probably my fault tbh
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #46 (isolation #2) » Fri May 11, 2018 5:49 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

This is going to be my last contest. I thought about just letting this lapse but it's unfair to everyone else who submitted as well as to my song. So here we go.

USA - Fun song, I rather like it. A little more rock than I would normally go for but not in a bad way.
Vocals have some good emotion.

Jordan - Oh my god, I have not seen/heard anything Yu-Gi-Oh related in years!
I wish I were more wow'd by it. Pretty bland as anime songs go. Honestly sounds more like an ending song than an opening song.

Iceland - This piece has me intrigued right from the start! Mysterious and compelling.

Iran - Gotta use the alt link.
Wait, what is this?? I'm confused by the first 40 seconds, and am not really into the straight rap of the rest of it.
Yeah, I' sure some people like this, but not at all what I'm into.
Oh god, the more I listen the worse it gets!

Burkina Faso - I once again have no fucking clue what this is supposed to be!
But damn was that amusing! XD
It's getting great marks for intrigue and absurdity, that's for sure!

Hungary - I like this right off the bat!
I like this retelling of the story in a folk song! Awesome stuff!
It makes me think of an emotional ballad from a musical, and that's right up my alley!
It has the emotion of the end of Paradise by the Dashboard Light actually. I'm also probably the only person to ever make this comparison...

Italy - This guy actually is so fucking pleased with himself it makes me like him!
Like, I am not into the hard rap of earlier, but this has a good background, perplexing yet intriguing lyrics, and a fun video. It's going to rank a lot higher than I would have expected.
"Gurl I'm the barbecue sauce with the slaw" is probably one of the best rap lines I've heard lol
The two guest rappers detracted from it honestly, but the dancer and the chorus made up for it!

Seychelles - I mean, it's like if Mumford and Sons was told to ditch the sons...
It feels like they need more harmonizing and a dualing banjo line to make it good.
As is, subpar.
Oh lol, Mumford as Chamber Music is basically what I'm saying. I like it in theory but apparently not in practice.

Lebanon - Oh My God.
This is amazing!
The narrative in the video about the struggles of addiction, the bond that comes form helping people through it, the sacrifice made to help those in need. The continued fight even as it all seems so grim. Literally the best narrative I've seen in this contest and in any music video in a while! Just wow.
In every contest there is a song that sticks out as the obvious winner. This is it this time!

Ecuador - This is not at all what I expected when I saw the title! I was expecting very Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy stuff.
But I like this a lot! I would listen to this. It's very Bastille meets folk-lite. Right up my alley.

Slovenia - Very Metallica inspired with the vocals of Japanime at times. I like the mix more than I expected actually. Well chosen!
Honestly a better anime opening some than the Yu-Gi-Oh one.
I almost wanted to say Evanescence-esque but I don't think that's quite right. It has that SymphRock feel though!

Brazil - This is not the song I thought it was! I was thinking Philip Phillips tbh.
I like the driving beat and the Celtic Folk feel of it though! I love the style they employ!
I would probably go see this live tbh.

Czech - Trumpets, suspenders, and old cars. I am immediately won over!
Oh. When they went to colour the car was replaced by a hispter girl in a bathtub...
It's a goddamned good thing the trumpet continued or they'd have lost me!
And lol that camel!
I like this a lot actually :P This tune is a lot of fun!

Djibouti - I entered this, I don;t expect top results, but probably upper half judging by what I've heard.
Personally I love this song, With Kind of Magic, Hammer to Fall, and I Want to Break Free it is among the best of Queen IMO!

China - I mean, some fun in this song, and I listened to the whole song without caring it was on...but that's part of the problem. It became too background for it to scire well. I liked it, but it blended too well into nothingness,

Latvia - More Animu!
This is exactly what I want from an anime song though! It's nice, has feeling, has expression, I can picture the great graphics that go with it, the epicness and cute moments of the characters without any knowledge of the source material. This is what I want in an anime intro!

Greece - Ooooo this is nice yo! I really like this a lot!
Once again, the story gets me, and the sound is great! Nicely done all around.
It's kinda F.U.N.esque and I like that of it!

Central African Republic - Before clicking this, I am excited by ELO!
And they aren't disappointing! This is very 70s. Fun stuff! I like the harmonic backup inserts! It;s a fun song and not something I expect nowadays. Good throwback shit!7Oh, it's 1977, well I should expect this then! Did not disappoint though!

Chad - Uggh this shit.
I am giving it a chance, but not my things.
I am giving it the "Du hast micht" chance and it is alright by that regards. I will never appreciate this band as it should be, but they aren't bad honestly.
Hinestly not a bad song!

I might actually enter one more, I have a song I really want to see entered.
But maybe not Iunno.

Also I am excited to compare these with Parama's readings as I bet they differ by extremes!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #47 (isolation #3) » Fri May 11, 2018 5:52 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I apparently can't access the form atm so I guess I;ll do this tomorrow.

Oh well.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #59 (isolation #4) » Sun May 13, 2018 3:20 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I don't remember if my voting lines up with my remarks because I did it on mobile and referring to my notes was hard.

Can I resubmit them?
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #63 (isolation #5) » Mon May 14, 2018 4:01 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 60, Song Contest wrote:
In post 59, Aristophanes wrote:I don't remember if my voting lines up with my remarks because I did it on mobile and referring to my notes was hard.

Can I resubmit them?
Feel free.
Okay, done :)

This was tough! There were a lot of fun songs!

Also i just it interesting that Parama and I actually said very similar things about most of the songs, but our reactions to the observations were totally different!

Fun stuff!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #70 (isolation #6) » Tue May 15, 2018 10:20 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Rabble rabble rabble
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #84 (isolation #7) » Tue May 15, 2018 5:36 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Ohay Davtso loved my song!

Glad I could do this for you <3
- Jingle

Return to “General Discussion”