Resistance Game #3- 6p with Leadership

This subforum is for additional threads for
ongoing
Mish Mash games. If a game has multiple active threads at once, all but the first one should be made in this forum.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 7:46 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Icon what's your read on brie.. she's an anomaly to me.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 7:47 pm

Post by BuJaber »

I'm considering TW/Pine/TGP. I think it contains both scum.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 7:47 pm

Post by BuJaber »

But between TGP and brie is a thin gap.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 8:31 pm

Post by TheBrie »

In post 168, BuJaber wrote:I want that team sent. TW won't accept to be outside of a mission, that'd look suspicious. Nor would TGP. So we have to decline pick and skip to icon's turn. But we need a 4th person to agree to it too.
I understand what you're trying to do, but not why?

You want that team because it's likely to contain both scum and you're trying to catch them?

And you've since replaced Iconeum with TGP in your thinking?

(I've had too much work on today, and fried my brain.)
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

Jingle when I was SK: Wish TB would have won though, she was obvtown.
Silliest line from my best game: But neither of you seem that smart.
As scum: RC could be scum.
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 8:45 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 176, BuJaber wrote:I'm considering TW/Pine/TGP. I think it contains both scum.
Looks like we are on the same page.

Another option for this to work is choosing a team outside of them: Buj/Icon/Brie
A successfull mission would basicly win the game.
A fail means we reconsider the first trio, and then it's likely only Pine as scum together with Brie.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 8:46 pm

Post by Iconeum »

The obvious problem with the second team is that we may not get a majority for it
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 8:49 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 175, BuJaber wrote:Icon what's your read on brie.. she's an anomaly to me.
Town based on
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 8:58 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Yeah if we are right and us 3 are all town then the last town has to trust us and vote with us. Which is not something we can guarantee.

@brie - no brie let me explain it better
I have 2 propositions for team 2 that I think have a shot at being approved.
One is : pine/me/Icon. Because pine didn't fail mission 1 and he might be town just disgareeing with everything. So it has a good chance of passing and if not we pretty much know pine is scum. But this would require that TW or TGP voting for a mission they're not in as leaders so it won't happen. So we have to skip both until icon becomes leader. To do so we need someone's word that they will vote with us. (Assuming pine also agrees). Betrayal after giving us their word would be a scumclaim. So yes it's risky but gives us a silver lining.

Second option is TGP/Pine/TW - in this scenario I am hoping to send the team that contains both scum which means they have to signal to each other OR they get nervous and give us a free point OR they mess up and put down 2 fails.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 9:11 pm

Post by the worst »

tfw buj scumread intensifying
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 10:15 pm

Post by Iconeum »

explain plz
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 12:11 am

Post by TheBrie »

@BuJaber Makes sense now. The first option doesn't seem bad, but the second one is certainly easier to pull off. But since TW is scum-reading you, he's not necessarily going to pick that team. I may vote for another team if I like it. If the team isn't sent, we could see if TPG will send TGP/Pine/TW. If it goes on to Ico picking, then I will vote pine/BuJ/Icon.
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 1:11 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 185, TheBrie wrote:@BuJaber Makes sense now. The first option doesn't seem bad, but the second one is certainly easier to pull off. But since TW is scum-reading you, he's not necessarily going to pick that team. I may vote for another team if I like it. If the team isn't sent, we could see if TPG will send TGP/Pine/TW. If it goes on to Ico picking, then I will vote pine/BuJ/Icon.
I mean the beauty of the 2nd option is that it doesn't matter that he scumreads me unless he also thinks my partner is pine or TGP.

Once you remove me tgp and pine from his potential teams his options are limited. And I'm not sure any team without at least 1 of pine/me will be approved by anybody.

There is one team he could suggest which would require manipulating a townie into accepting a mission doomed to fail. If he picks it it will confirm a few reads for me so I'll just wait and see.

There is a small chance that he picks it while being town but if that was the case I'm hoping there'd be reasoning justifying the choice that makes sense from town pov.
If he does pick this worst case scenario team and his reasoning is bad then I'll know TW is scum.

Basically ball's in TW's court, but I also need to see who agrees with me on potential teams in case we need to skip his turn as leader.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 1:18 am

Post by the worst »

honestly you're alarm bells central

Setting up some hypothetical lockscum read based on a possible team?...... I'm town. Literally have absolutely zero idea what you're on about bro.

This early in the game over explaining your reasons for sending missions is literally antitown so expect little to no explanations from me until lategame.

Currently? I don't think you have reads to confirm. I think you're setting up weird half baked shady reasons to call me scum later (was scumread the whole way through my last game bc the demon tree pulled the same stunt). Unfortunately I don't like the way I'm reading your associatives right now, which is giving me pause.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 2:40 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

In post 153, BuJaber wrote:
In post 152, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 148, BuJaber wrote:TW would you consider choosing a team you're not a part of?
I don't think this is a strategy any leader should or would follow.
Yes thank you now he has the correct answer.

Was hoping he'd be overeager to gain buddies.
Sorry.

Also I need to point out that every word bujaber says is feeling so fricking fake. Similar to this game.

I want a team with me, tw, and icon.
Pine is null
Buj and TB are probably scum.
I know I'm town.
I know that tw is probably town.
Icon seems similar to the last game I played with him. I think he's town here.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 2:50 am

Post by BuJaber »

TW at this stage of the game with only one mission I cannot prove to you that I'm town.

But trust me when I say that I can always see other's perspective in resistance if I take the time to think about it. This is not the real life version. There is no danger of me losing my temper or having a personality clash that blinds me. I have all the time in the world to read and analyze every word you post.

If you do suggest the team in my head but actually provide a justification that makes sense as town I WILL be able to notice that and I will do my best to convince you to pick a different team.

You need to trust that if I am town my skill level and knowledge of this game is such that I won't tunnel. If I disagree with you it wouldn't be because I let my reads get the better of me. It would be because I compared both our perspectives and concluded mine is better.

And if I am scum it's not going to make a difference to you what I say about you, and frankly you have more charisma than me so that's a battle you're likely to win.

Pedit - TGP everything I said that game was honestly exactly what I thought was right for town. My whole strategy was dependent on irrelephant continuing to look like my enemy so that with wifom one of us would go to mission 5 and win us the game. I wasn't trying to win by convincing town to play suboptimally. I was trying to win by not exposing my partner so that one of us would be townread in the end. If you are reading me as scum based on that game then you're going to have a hard time reading me in resistance. This is my domain and my passion. I have spoken for literally hours on resistance strategy and I sound the same every time. I know this won't matter to you this game but if this keeps being played on mish mash you'll soon see that I talk this much and over analyze in every game of resistance.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 5:26 am

Post by Pine »

In post 183, the worst wrote:tfw buj scumread intensifying
Yeah, right?

Like, lockscum.

I could endorse TGP's idea of him, TW, and Iconeum. I think it's a sabotage, but then we'd know that {TGP, Iconeum} contains a scum. That'll help.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 7:20 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 190, Pine wrote:
In post 183, the worst wrote:tfw buj scumread intensifying
Yeah, right?

Like, lockscum.

I could endorse TGP's idea of him, TW, and Iconeum. I think it's a sabotage, but then we'd know that {TGP, Iconeum} contains a scum. That'll help.

So basically we gain nothing from the first mission passing?

In a 6p game:
If mission 1 fails you send all 3 new players for mission 2.
If mission 1 passes you have to send at least 1 of the mission 1 goers.

TGP/Icon/TW gives you 0 info about who's scum if it fails. Could be any of them. And doesn't help you sort the first 2 players any further.
You'd basically be banking on them passing the mission. Except you're not because you just said you expect it to fail.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 7:24 am

Post by Pine »

The plan was this:

+BuJaber is a top scumread
+BuJaber thinks scum should always sabotage
+I take BuJaber with me
+BuJaber sabotages
+I insist that BuJaber and myself be quarantined for as long as possible while the other scum is identified

But you got signaled very strongly by Iconeum that there was a trap, and so passed the mission.

So instead we get a Townpoint. Win-win for Town.

As for TGP/Icon/TW, TW is solid locktown. It's a pretty strong meta-read. Hell, ideally I'd like to send TW, myself, and Iconeum so if there's a sabotage we know exactly who did it.

But I'll take the information that {TGP, Iconeum} contains a scum, that's useful too.

Or a Townpoint. Those are *always* good.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 7:59 am

Post by BuJaber »

Sure I agree with the townpoint thing. That's why I didn't need to talk about it.

But your whole game state and strategy is shattered if even just 1 of me/TW is town. And yet you're making decisions that bet the entire game on you being right instead of ones that allow for a margin of error.

What's wrong with me/you/TW? You or your locktown friend can frame me with a sabotage. Or it's a townpoint that proves I'm town to you.
Good team for both scum!pine and town!pine.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 8:05 am

Post by Pine »

TW/Pine/BuJaber is fine, but a sabotage there means we have no insight into Brie/TGP/Icon going into D3. I'd rather get SOME information on them.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 8:06 am

Post by Pine »

Right now, information is a lot more important than another Townpoint.

Two townpoints don't do us any good if we can't get a third point in the mid- to late-game.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 9:39 am

Post by BuJaber »

I just don't think scum risk losing another point at mission 2. If mission 2 succeeds I have to assume they're all town.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 9:41 am

Post by Pine »

If scum can get three points D3-5, why wouldn't they pass the mission D2?

You're kinda focused on the short term, aren't you?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 10:39 am

Post by BuJaber »

I just think scum give off a lot more clues when they have to win every point than when they don't.

They can't guarantee they win 3 in a row just because we don't know which of the 3 that passed mission 2 was actually scum. They can't guarantee they'll comvince town to vote with them.

The 6p game increases the margin of choosing a townie by random significantly. Even better odds with good reads and analysis. It is much riskier than 5p to give up 2 missions as scum.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 3:04 pm

Post by TheBrie »

In post 198, BuJaber wrote:I just think scum give off a lot more clues when they have to win every point than when they don't.

They can't guarantee they win 3 in a row just because we don't know which of the 3 that passed mission 2 was actually scum. They can't guarantee they'll comvince town to vote with them.

The 6p game increases the margin of choosing a townie by random significantly. Even better odds with good reads and analysis. It is much riskier than 5p to give up 2 missions as scum.
That makes sense to me.
But so does Pine's point that it could be good to get information about TPG and Icon (And me, I don't need it, but you do).

Duck, are you going to nominate a team soon, or are we still all working things out?
Show

Return to “Frogstar World B”