Song Contest 118 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Wed May 16, 2018 5:06 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Ego for the music
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Sun May 20, 2018 1:20 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 10, SnowStorm wrote:It doesn't appear as blocked in the region checker, in the US nor in Europe, it's just not available.
And more importantly, it's not working in Canada either!
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Thu May 24, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Good thing ai didn't enter this!

I forgot to set up internet at my new place and streaming would take, like, all my data!

Crisis averted :)
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Sat May 26, 2018 12:00 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 33, Shadoweh wrote:
In post 31, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 27, Harambey180 wrote:I'm too lazy to actually listen to all the songs this time, don't know why, just don't feel like it.

I'm just gonna vote on the 10 highest songs on the list. Excuse me for my laziness this time around.
Id rather you didnt vote at all tbh
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #56 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:15 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 55, implosion wrote:ego so i actually remember to goddamn vote at not the last minute <_>
, he says with only 2 days left.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #67 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:15 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I'd be in if I had internet!

Maybe the next one!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #88 (isolation #6) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:55 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Going from the bottom up because that's what I do with my tabs it's my life don't judge me!!!
Just, read from the bottom up or whatever I guess! These don't count anyway!

Netherlands - This is a perfect road trip song, which I feel is its exact intention! Like, maybe not for on the road trip, but for a slideshow of the pictures it's perfect!
USA - The Hulk Dancing is amazing!!! XD Song is average.
Hungary - Very, I mean, hmm... It's a nice song, but it's not a style I'd listen to regularly. I know it's cultural but it's not my thing. Not bad by any means, and I like the accordion(?) but meh.
Slovenia - Ooooo I was not expecting Symph-rock! Nice! As I listen, I like this a lot! Good choice!
Ecuador - Alison Wonderland XD I like it already! I thought she was saying "treat me like trash" for the first bit until I realized it's "church". I don't think that helps lyrically unfortunately! I like the song though. Also WTF is the sassy gangsta childrens choir!?!? So confused! It's something I'd listen to more of though so better marks than it sounds like from this write-up :P
Lebanon - I immediately think of the Bloodhound Gang and I like that! I mean, it diverges enough to be familiar while being new! Good song man! The robotics are a nice touch in this, not overdone as they are sometimes! I mean, even Queen overdid that effect in Machines Back to Humans.
Latvia - Had to find an alt link here. I ws ready to skip this, then the vocals started! Wow, I love his voice! the deep intensity and stability to it is really really awesome! Def one of the top songs in this!
Burkina Faso - This song was meh until it worked up to some interest at the refrain! I like the soft female vocals but they're even a little too whispy for me, especially when compared to the intensity of the backup music. I wish it had a better balance.
Macau - Now this is more my style :) Easy, nice vocal, I like it! It does drag a bit though. Like, 5 bpm faster and this would be a hit!
Venezuela - Oh god, a screamy rocky song...this is not what I listen to and never will be! Sorry but these rarely get points from me :(
Seychelles - Fun song, not bad. Didn't really do anything for me tho...pretty standard Alt-ish Rock song.
CAR - I couldn't hear this sing for like, the first minute so it would never get top marks. It's not bad, pretty funky at times with some suspense. But meh overall.
Scotland - The song is good itself but Oh My God the video! :O I just have so many feels from it and it was so well framed!!! Wow!
Greece - Good song! I put it on and started doing other stuff naturally while bobbing along! I forgot it's not something I've listened to before and really like it :)

Okay, all rated. Let's see who won this round!

Ecuador, solid! Lebanon, Scotland, and Macau were solid runners up! I am impressed by you guys :)
- Jingle

Return to “General Discussion”