Problems with the Queues

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Wed May 16, 2018 2:01 pm

Post by mastina »

Literally everything you say I can pretty much echo, EXCEPT:
In post 2, Mathdino wrote:- The Scummies Steering Committee and Judges are in large part outdated with no advertisement for joining them.
Actually, the SSC is like less than a week's worth away from making a public announcement and there are a number of new members. There
was
advertisement to join, too. (That being said, not nearly enough in my opinion.)

Also, the NRG did in fact have at least one new member join very recently. (I believe it's two in fact.) There's a concern about the new members with the new changes there, but we're doing what we can.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #30 (isolation #1) » Wed May 16, 2018 4:11 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 22, Mathdino wrote:Actually if I were to single someone out on a positive note, I found no flaws in how the Large Theme Queue is run, and have always gotten extremely prompt response regarding Large Themes.
I've heard some concerns actually that there might be too many Large Games currently in signups/running, if it means anything.

(I personally see that as a feature not a flaw, tho.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #153 (isolation #2) » Sun May 20, 2018 10:47 am

Post by mastina »

In post 142, xRECKONERx wrote:I'll also point out there are a lot of people here complaining who I haven't seen apply for open positions so /shrug
I apply for everything I feel qualified for and even some things I feel I'm not, but which I am at least marginally possibly close to being in the zone of qualifying. I greatly encourage this exact mindset in others, too.

That having been said--many users have pointed out both that they
have
applied only to not hear back...
...Or that they didn't even know they COULD apply, because the application process was too obscure.

And while many applications have some form of initial visibility, they rapidly fall out of sight. Some way of permanently increasing visibility for applications would do a long way to help there, but how that'd be accomplished, I don't have any specific idea.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #154 (isolation #3) » Sun May 20, 2018 10:50 am

Post by mastina »

In post 149, Micc wrote:I had full intentions on applying to the next listmod opening...and then an opening got filled without an application process.
There's this as well. Every time there's been a listmod application I've applied, but the shift in positions between Micros and Normals was never given an application process, and there was never really a reason given for why, either; a level of transparency for the process there would go a long way to help people, too.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #185 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by mastina »

Unannounced, but implemented: art forum is public now, I believe.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #196 (isolation #5) » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:38 am

Post by mastina »

In post 195, brassherald wrote:I'll role PM standardize right here:

Welcome [Name] you are a [role] look up what you can do on the wiki and start playing already.
This is why when, as often as I'm able to, my role PM formatting will feature a link to a role.
E.g.
Mafia
Rolecop
Town
Cop
Alignment
Role

I can't always give it because sometimes I modify roles (if a role is sufficiently modified, linking to the wiki of the role may be misleading), sometimes there's no wiki for it, sometimes the wiki for it doesn't match even remotely the role I'm using because
the wiki
is out of date (this will soon be fixed tho), and on some very rare occasions, sometimes I simply wasn't aware that the role I was using actually had a wiki page and thought for sure it did not. But whenever I can, I do.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #217 (isolation #6) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:45 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 215, Gamma Emerald wrote:The thing I dislike about this is that you took people in to agree with you. You should take people who know what they're doing, not have a particular stance.
The thing is most of the people that know what they're doing--rather than just thinking they know what they're doing when they really, definitively don't--just so happen to agree on the majority of topics on a broader scale.

Yeah, there's a whole lot of disagreement on particulars. Yeah, there's discussion, debate, and alternative opinions on metrics and whatnot. Yeah, even on major things there are the occasional outliers. But
by and large
, on most topics, most of the people that are competent reviewers have more or less similar understandings on.

Also, the listmod in particular is in certain situations the one whose stances I'd say differ the largest from that of other reviewers. (This doesn't come up very often, but it comes up a LOT when there is a
major
change to the NRG. The latest being the complete rehaul of the system. There were a number of listmod-proposed ideas which NRG members near-universally shot down.)

So in that regard, the listmod is tremendously successful in recruiting people that disagree with them. So much so, that when there's disagreement with the listmod, it is almost universal among the members of the NRG. Admittedly, yeah. Doesn't happen that often. (It only happens with said big changes.) But it's a thing, a thing which is notably
there

Return to “Mafia Discussion”