Problems with the Queues

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Wed May 16, 2018 2:49 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Mulch gave a pretty damning account of MU's leadership and white supremacism on Discord. I'd avoid it more than I already have. I regret actually playing there.

Last I saw of EM it was split between people that don't get good players in the queues and the only good players playing in toilet queues.

There's another website. The people that run it are probably less shitty of people than MU, but they're not exactly the company I want. I'd rather not advertise Alisae's funhouse considering how badly e wants this site to die, tbh.

FWIW, I don't think Zoraster is the problem.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Wed May 16, 2018 3:09 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

The Wiki group doesn't have direction beyond having a directive to improve the wiki overall. Very little has been done, but I don't find myself in a position to talk about doing little because I've backburnered wiki work. I'd say most of the work so far has been done by {myself, Mathdino, wgeurts} with honorable mention to TheGoldenParadox who wants to help but doesn't really know what to work on. There is a project and we could be doing better on.

I think in general there's antipathy to games hitting queues and games (especially a recent one) that are slow to fill or are cancelled. I would wager this is in part due to distrust of game balance in light of recent games that have been clusterfucks. To make Alisae feel better, we can call this the Virtuoso effect. I've been contacting everyone asking for a review that I'm qualified to go over to try to mitigate this.

Opposed to what Mathdino says I think it isn't just the NRG looking out for the NRG with the changes to Normal queue, it's that I think they're cutting out slack and removing a lot of unnecessary work by offering to make a set-up from scratch. Premade setups might be the spicy meme to come out of the changes, but that's legitimately a good change, opposed to say, the graylist removal which might be well intentioned/poorly executed or just lazy.

Right now all the parts that are failing are at risk of simply being replaced in the background by other people. There's already groups organising playerlists to join games and people doing reviews over Discord. If this reaches a critical mass the community gets close to being a few keystrokes from having current order supplanted by another one, or told to go somewhere else, like brassherald says.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”