Problems with the Queues

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (isolation #0) » Thu May 17, 2018 4:44 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

In post 41, callforjudgement wrote:Oh, and a simple fix to mod permission issues: why not just give mods permission to start threads when their game enters signups? Not necessarily with the intent of the mod
using
it until the game fills, but simply as a way to remove one potential source of delay in the process.
I think this is a good fix to this particular problem. Alternatively, it could an automatic feature that clicks into place when the slots have been filled.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

BE LOUD! BE PROUD! BE ANTI-TOWN!
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (isolation #1) » Thu May 17, 2018 4:51 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

In post 35, Alisae wrote:
In post 2, Mathdino wrote:
Assistants can be brought in to do the busywork of the queues, like tracking sign-ups and giving mod permissions
. Or running NRG or Open Setups.
This is something I would ove to see btw and would solve most problems you seem to have and would make me extremely happy.
For the amount of people who want to see change happen, I think it should be relatively easy to find people willing to volunteer as assistants.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #2) » Thu May 17, 2018 4:55 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

If the Mod was given start thread permissions when their game enters sign ups, a way to prevent abuse would be have consequences for abusing this power and creating their game thread before their game has filled.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (isolation #3) » Thu May 17, 2018 4:57 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

If they do this once, then they get a warning.

If they do it a second time, that power is taken away from them.

If they do it a third time, they have to have a co-mod or some sort of oversight other than the list mods to make sure they don't abuse it. An example would be to give the required and trusted co-mod the ability to create the game thread, but only after the list mod has given the 'okay'.

Edit: I say 'some sort of oversight other than the list mods to make sure they don't abuse it' as a way to lessen the burden on the list mods.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (isolation #4) » Thu May 17, 2018 9:24 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

In post 54, callforjudgement wrote:My guess is that the risk of abuse is nonexistent in practice. I could go create a thread in Mayfair Club right now. I wouldn't without permission from the list mod, though.
In post 55, Faraday wrote:Yeah, the potential for abuse is, like, not a realistic issue. If they're being trusted enough to run the game, then let them create the thread when it's in signups. Makes the whole process a little quicker, as it saves a few mins of that being a thing when the game fills.
Fair point.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

Return to “Mafia Discussion”