Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Sat May 19, 2018 4:16 am

Post by Garuga »

In post 16, havingfitz wrote:VOTE:

^ get it?

Also...v/la till Monday.
I thought my RVS post was bad. Then I saw this post.

VOTE: havingfitz

Sho: Why do you think Rampage is scummier? The only suspicious thing I've noticed up until now is TBB's OMGUS vote.
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Sat May 19, 2018 4:43 am

Post by Garuga »

In post 19, Invisibility wrote:18 is bad
True.

1. If the only suspicious thing I've noticed was BBT's OMGUS vote, why didn't I vote him?
2. It's supposed to be BBT, not TBB.
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #3) » Sat May 19, 2018 4:45 am

Post by Garuga »

I guess I prefer voting someone who didn't give us any information with his post.
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #4) » Sat May 19, 2018 5:49 pm

Post by Garuga »

In post 39, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 4, Garuga wrote:Let's get this game started!

VOTE: JarJarDrinks

His name is... unpleasant.
Is it cuz u dont like Jar Jar. Or u dont like people making fun of Jar Jar's name?

Answer may affect where I vote.
I don't think Jar Jar Binks was a good character.

Also, why would my answer affect who you vote for? There's a fair amount of non-RVS discussion going on right now. Most of it is about , one of my posts.

Edit after preview: oh ok
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #5) » Sat May 19, 2018 6:12 pm

Post by Garuga »

In post 43, JarJarDrinks wrote:what do u think of Shoshin hard defending u?
It could be buddying. I don't think TheRampage's opening post was scummy.

RIP my vanity wagon, at least it got some reactions.
VOTE: Invisibility

He didn't provide clear arguments for his reads on me.
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #6) » Sat May 19, 2018 10:38 pm

Post by Garuga »

In post 63, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Neither did Fitz - why did you choose Invisibility out of the two?
The wagon on Invisibility seems more viable at the moment.
Shoshin wrote:If I had to guess, I'd say the three votes on Garuga's 18 were town. But those are very weak reads.
I disagree. I think there was some malicious intent in the wagon against me.

My current pet theory on this game is that havingfitz was scum, my vote on him made Scumsibility worried and he wants to discredit me, and Sho is scum playing a different angle. These are very premature reads though.
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #7) » Sun May 20, 2018 2:46 pm

Post by Garuga »

In post 80, TheRampage wrote:I am gonna UNVOTE:

I feel like Shirt on is trying to trap and it is failing. Either that or hoping the newb is an easy target for lynching as scum. Tough call. Will wait as the day drags on.
If you suspect Shoshin, why aren't you voting her? After all, we just had a discussion about this topic.
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #8) » Mon May 21, 2018 10:51 am

Post by Garuga »

In post 115, havingfitz wrote:Catching up from the weekend...up to post 108. Got to Shosin's and have to call BS. 18 isn't independently scummy...but 18 looks bad? Bad doesn't equal scummy to you? Garuga says the
only suspicious thing
he has seen up to this point is BBT's OMGUS vote and yet he votes me for an unexplained bad rvs post. Then you go on to say Garuga "had a reason for voting as he did." WTF was his reason again? Oh...the bad rvs post that wasn't even the only suspicious thing he had seen up to this point.

I don't know about most people but I tend to vote people I think are doing suspicious shit. Garuga and Shosin both scum reads for me.

WTF? How does the comment you quote from Garuga even come off as from town? smh....

is terrible. iirc I touch on it in my last post.

who is your town read and why did you vote JJD?

so you unvote Garuga because it was still there from a joking first vote....but what are your thoughts on Garuga currently? He has generated a good deal of suspicion/discussion.

wtf?

but Garuga was under pressure for his post 18. He would stand to benefit as scum (or town) to explain himself. Why would he double down on me being scum...and also call out his defender (Shosin) as scum...but instead vote someone he has not given any reason for voting because their wagon looked more promising? How is any of that coming from town?

Piggybacking on this because I missed the subject earlier...didn't Garuga go against his own advice he gives in when he votes me over BBT in #18?

Early reads:

Suspect - Garuga, Shosin

Lean town - JJD and BBT. And probably invisibility and Gustavo as well.

TBD - everyone else.

Rampage
...would you consider getting an avatar so your posts can be readily identified? While no avatar does set you apart...it just seems easier imo to quickly ID on any given page who is who from their avatars.
Read this post:
In post 22, Garuga wrote:I guess I prefer voting someone who didn't give us any information with his post.
Explains why I voted you instead of BBT. The reason I thought Sho was scum was because I nullread TheRampage's opening post and she seemed very eager to defend me, as if she was buddying me.

Gustavo made , not me. explains why I'm scumreading Invisibility.
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #9) » Tue May 22, 2018 1:56 am

Post by Garuga »

In post 175, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 132, TheRampage wrote:I have to agree with Jar Jar right there. I mean, you have seriously pushed for me for the majority of the game; and while I would appreciate being one less vote, I think it is fishy that with very little proof or reason, you would go after Jar Jar before me.
This kind of post is why I scum read Rampage. This post is awkward, defensive, and out of tune with the game.
I got the impression TheRampage is a VI from his obnoxious and grammarific typing style.

bacy and JJD seem town due to their willingness to scumhunt with well reasoned posts. I disagree with the direction Jodaxq is going into but I think she's town too.
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #10) » Tue May 22, 2018 7:08 am

Post by Garuga »

In post 195, Shoshin wrote:
In post 187, Garuga wrote:I got the impression TheRampage is a VI from his obnoxious and grammarific typing style.
Why VI rather than scum?
His early posts were not very good but I don't gutread any malicious intent from him. It feels like he's trying to do stuff but he's just not good at playing mafia.

I bet we'll still be talking about in LyLo. Suspecting Gustavo for trying to paint me in a bad light and ignoring
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #11) » Tue May 22, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by Garuga »

In post 251, Shoshin wrote: At the time JJD posted this, Rampage was my top scumread because his initial post felt fearful (the "checking in" language doesn't fit with RVS), self-conscious (changing his vote because someone else took it), and overly-try-hard (putting way too much thought on who to vote in RVS), and his follow-up confirmed how much thought he had put into that first post (more than I'd expect from town Rampage). That, and all the things others have said - he's made no attempt to find scum, he threw an attack my way but nowhere else (consistent with inexperienced scum who respond to attacks by voting their attacker, especially when others are also voting the attacker).

The reason I had posted so much about JJD but little about Rampage is because I received lots of questions about JJD and little about Rampage, and also because there was no need to say anything about Rampage because others were realizing he was scummy on their own. In general, I'd rather say less than more when it comes to explaining my reads/votes, because I try to influence how others think about the game as little as possible until we reach end of day. But I'm realizing that the meta on this site is a bit backwards, or undeveloped, so people keep getting on my case for saying too little - so fuck it, I'll start posting more walls and explaining exactly what I'm thinking, because as much as I think it's less effective in a better meta, the meta on this site clearly requires an adaptation to my style. Oh well.
I disagree with your "no attempt to find scum" quip on TheRampage: look like scumhunting to me (regardless of the actual quality of the posts). He also attacked Jodaxq by voting her, which invalidates your claim.

As for the meta: I seem to be doing okay with less frequent, shorter posts. Maybe that's just because people aren't asking me many questions since they're too busy bickering about if a post I made in page 1 is bad or not.

As for TheRampage's wishy-washy reads: I'm reading him as a
Town Village Idiot
for things I mentioned back in and .
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #12) » Tue May 22, 2018 12:58 pm

Post by Garuga »

In post 254, Shoshin wrote:
In post 253, Garuga wrote:I disagree with your "no attempt to find scum" quip on TheRampage: 80 132 198 look like scumhunting to me (regardless of the actual quality of the posts). He also attacked Jodaxq by voting her, which invalidates your claim.

As for the meta: I seem to be doing okay with less frequent, shorter posts. Maybe that's just because people aren't asking me many questions since they're too busy bickering about if a post I made in page 1 is bad or not.
Re: Rampage - I strongly disagree. How do 80, 132, and 198 evidence any scumhunting? How is voting Jodax anything but defensive under the circumstances?

Re: meta - you're one of the people who gave me shit about not explaining reads enough...
TheRampage directly read a post as scum. That's direct scumhunting. I didn't say voting Joda wasn't defensive, I said it invalidated your claim of him only attacking you.

Meta: I don't recall ever doing that.
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #13) » Wed May 23, 2018 12:04 pm

Post by Garuga »

I haven't seen any questions aimed at me in the last few pages, so here's my prodge:

I getting a vibe from texcat that she'll be easier to sort as the game goes forward and more substantial info comes up. Nullreading her for now.
I think BBT should reveal his townread. Since the only posters between and are me, bacy and Invisibility, I'm guessing it's bacy, but it would be nice to get official confirmation.

Lynchplan:
2. havingfitz
3. Shoshin
4. Gustavo
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #14) » Wed May 23, 2018 12:41 pm

Post by Garuga »

In post 307, Mumble wrote:
In post 306, Garuga wrote:I haven't seen any questions aimed at me in the last few pages, so here's my prodge:

I getting a vibe from texcat that she'll be easier to sort as the game goes forward and more substantial info comes up. Nullreading her for now.
I think BBT should reveal his townread. Since the only posters between and are me, bacy and Invisibility, I'm guessing it's bacy, but it would be nice to get official confirmation.

Lynchplan:
2. havingfitz
3. Shoshin
4. Gustavo

Interesting. Why Invisibility?
He's not providing clear arguments for his reads. His "what?" trilogy ( ) is probably the best example, along with the ( ) trio early on.
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (isolation #15) » Wed May 23, 2018 12:51 pm

Post by Garuga »

In post 309, Mumble wrote:
In post 308, Garuga wrote:He's not providing clear arguments for his reads. His "what?" trilogy (151 153 155) is probably the best example, along with the (19 23 28) trio early on.
So why naked vote him (essentially doing what you are scum reading him for) instead of asking him to clarify?

Because I see an alternative reason for your vote...
I was already voting him since 48. I don't think this sort of posting comes from town trying to solve the game. I think it's newbscum trying to discredit me since I voted havingfitz, and Invis's reaction is actually one of the main reasons I scumread HF.

The re-vote confirms my read on him and makes my post a bit more flavorful.
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (isolation #16) » Wed May 23, 2018 12:58 pm

Post by Garuga »

In post 312, Mumble wrote:Um...I'm not new? The re-vote is ridiculous and confusing (especially since I'm having a time differentiating you and Gustavo).

However, you didn't answer my question about clarification, and instead try to throw shade on me for a really weak reason.

VOTE: Garuga
By "him", I was referring to Invis, not you.
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #17) » Wed May 23, 2018 1:17 pm

Post by Garuga »

In post 313, texcat wrote:Why does your lynch plan have the other three names on it?
I think havingfitz is scum in association with Invis, I think Sho is scum due to her attacking TheRampage earlier on and I don't like her exchange back in , I think Gustavo ignored in .

It was entirely directed at Invis, yes. And yes, his vote seems quite suspicious when I factor in the follow-up posts .
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #18) » Wed May 23, 2018 3:10 pm

Post by Garuga »

In post 322, JarJarDrinks wrote:@Garuga

explain ur havingfitz scumread to me please.
This game has been frustrating. Nobody reads ISOs, apparently.

I'm the
Town Motion Detector
, my current plan is to end up dead after prodging my way through D1. This PR isn't really that useful outside of LyLo, anyways. It's quite unlikely my reads will change, and since nobody has any interest in them, I'd rather just get NKed instead of a charismatic townie or a PR.
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (isolation #19) » Wed May 23, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by Garuga »

In post 325, Mumble wrote:That was an infinitely dumb move if true. Town PRs (which you are despite your statement) should never claim absent L-1 and intent (sans some specific situations).

I read your ISO, and it was not good. Maybe work on that.

Have you played in the Newbie Queue yet?
I was in Newbie 1864 (a game with a "disastrous" D1 where every PR claimed). Make of that what you will.

Preview: I'm having to constantly refer to things I've said in previous posts.
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #20) » Wed May 23, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by Garuga »

In post 328, Invisibility wrote:@Garuga

what's your read on havo?
Null. And yes, my scumread on HF is explained in my pet theory.
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (isolation #21) » Wed May 23, 2018 4:43 pm

Post by Garuga »

In post 332, JarJarDrinks wrote:Man I wanna lynch that claim. It's just about as scummy of a claim as I've seen.
Then do it. Vote me. Or is there some reason you don't want to?
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (isolation #22) » Thu May 24, 2018 8:19 am

Post by Garuga »

I'm tempted to hammer TheRampage so I can make everyone on the wagon look like fools on D2 if he flips town. Would rather lynch Invis or VOTE: JarJarDrinks though, considering his response to my claim and the people he bolded in (two of my scumreads).
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (isolation #23) » Thu May 24, 2018 10:22 am

Post by Garuga »

In post 397, Shoshin wrote:
In post 391, Garuga wrote:I'm tempted to hammer TheRampage so I can make everyone on the wagon look like fools on D2 if he flips town. Would rather lynch Invis or VOTE: JarJarDrinks though, considering his response to my claim and the people he bolded in (two of my scumreads).
I don't understand this turn on JJD. How'd these things change your mind from town to scum? What's your thought process here?
makes him seem more concerned with getting Rampage lynched than scumhunting. As for 372, I'm making the flimsy assumption that JJD is saying that if Rampage is town, those two are also town. (based on the inverse being true)
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (isolation #24) » Thu May 24, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by Garuga »

In post 420, TheRampage wrote:Enjoy the green
I certainly will.

Fools: texcat, Jodaxq, bacy, Mumble, BlueBloodedToffee, JarJarDrinks, Shoshin
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (isolation #25) » Thu May 24, 2018 2:14 pm

Post by Garuga »

Just in case I get NKed: I'm particularly intrigued by the prospect of a Shoshin/JJD/Mumble scumteam.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”