Song Contest 118 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Tue May 22, 2018 1:32 am

Post by toolenduso »

In post 17, xRECKONERx wrote:ofc im banned when the short deadlines happen
Hey it'll still be short next contest. And bc of the short deadline it won't be as long to next contest!

Submitted nostalgia.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:26 am

Post by toolenduso »

In post 58, caledfwitch wrote:Venezuela (Finch): sugar we're going down by fall out boy knockoff... guilty pleasure tbh 11/15
Came out three years before From Under the Cork Tree.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:20 am

Post by toolenduso »

Just gonna post the whole reviews of my top 10 this time:

Macau - Daniel Caesar - Japanese Denim: Cool instrumentals, especially that intro. Good singer. Like the chorus. It's not all that super interesting, just a well-done example of a particular type of sing. Not sure which is better between this and the previous one, but I'm leaning toward the previous one. GOOD. I really like this dude's voice. And yeah, that chorus. It's a good'n. Maybe this gets my 12? Guess I'll see how I feel after relistening to CAR. GOOD.
Central African Republic - Caravan - C'thlu Thlu: OK, I'm diggin this. IDK why they misspelled the title, but w/e, they're not the first band to do something like that. The tempo changes are cool, as are the atmospheric background noises and the prominent bass. One of my favorites so far. Not clearly ahead of Macau and Burkina Faso though. The ending was pretty strong, so this is probably the favorite for my 12 atm. GOOD. You know, I do like this one quite a bit. But after relistens, it just doesn't appeal to me as much as Macau. GOOD.
Burkina Faso - The Hanged Man - The Island: Kewl stuff. Instrumentals remind me of Minus the Bear a little bit. Best song in the contest so far. GOOD. This is good, but it's on the lower end of good. GOOD.
Scotland - Josh Garrels - Born Again: Not bad. DECENT. I think maybe I wasn't paying that much attention last time actually because this is better than every other song in the decents. DECENT.
USA - Bilmuri - Dank: OH NO MORE SHITTY 3D AVATARS DANCING. Ok, this is kinda weird. It's like, part generic-ass indie pop, part screamo, part EDM. Huh. I kinda like it? I honestly don't know which one I would give higher points to between this and the first one. DECENT. This is about on the same level as Netherlands but personally appeals to me more so I'm gonna put it ahead of that one. DECENT.
Netherlands - BLØF - Zoutelande: Hm, well, it's kinda catchy and nice to listen to. It's a little plain though. I like the harmonization, and damn if that isn't a great recording. Bridge is very pretty. DECENT. Yeah, that chorus. It's aight, man. DECENT.
Greece - Apoptygma Berzerk - Kathy's Song: Aw man, I liked this until the vocals started. The beat is kinda nice, if not very creative. It sounds very crisp. And I like those chopped up vocal samples too. I don't know why, I just really like weird rhythmic vocal samples. Yeah, god, I just wish the singer was different. I could maybe give this points. The outro's pretty cool. DECENT.
Seychelles - Wolf Parade - Ghost Pressure: Competent but not particularly compelling or creative indie. I think this one's below Netherlands and USA. DECENT. Just a hair better than Ecuador and Lebanon. DECENT.
Ecuador - Alison Wonderland - Church: It's all right, I like how the song uses silence and harmonization, but I'm not gonna sit here and pretend this is groundbreaking shit either. DECENT. The rote structure of this song is annoying me more this time around. DECENT.
Lebanon - Mesh - Adjust Your Set (Club Mix): Industrial punk, not my cup of tea. It's not horrible, I could give it low points. Hell, I might have to. DECENT. Yeah, this will be low. Lower than Ecuador. DECENT.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:13 am

Post by toolenduso »

Let me be the first to offer a begrudging congratulations to StD

Return to “General Discussion”