A catch all for silly questions.

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #160 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:59 am

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 157, Umlaut wrote:What are the rules regarding experience requirements (particularly mod experience requirements) and alts? I'm considering using this account over my original (Ümläüt) from now on, but don't want to lose my accumulated experience.

EDIT: Related question: be honest, how much of a pain in the ass is my primary account name for everyone else?
As a player: alts start fresh with experience for the purposes of the Newbie queue, but also can't play as a newbie (this makes playing in newbie games on a fresh alt fairly difficult, the only way is to replace into newbe slots). When playing in other queues, any experience requirements are set by the game moderator, who can enforce whatever rules about alts they like. The most common rule I see is to require players to privately disclose their main to the moderator. In your case, disclosing your main is unlikely to be an issue.

As a moderator, in the past, list mods have generally been fine with granting the game moderation powers (the things that let you create the game thread, create PTs, edit posts, etc.) to an alt (especially in the case of a mod hydra; IIRC mod hydras became popular before player hydras did, as it makes moderating a game that needs a large moderation team much easier). I can't remember offhand whether you /in to mod with the alt, or whether you /in to mod with the main but ask the list mods to give the mod powers to the alt. That's a detail that's fairly easy to adjust for, anyway (and I doubt there'd be much interest in enforcing a specific process).
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #212 (isolation #1) » Wed May 23, 2018 4:45 am

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 208, BlackStar wrote:Is there a thread that lists all the commonly used terms here? I've forgotten a lot of stuff about how to play mafia and I need a refresher course. I remember LAMIST and bussing and that's about it
Category:Glossary (and for abbreviations, Commonly Used Abbreviations, which is part of the glossary; the abbreviations don't normally have individual entries).

It's less out of date than you might expect (I've been updating it sporadically) but there are still quite a few recent terms that are missing.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town

Return to “Mafia Discussion”