joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Thu May 24, 2018 12:06 pm

Post by joral »

In post 13, TPFKAP wrote:I wish the goblins would come and take you away right now.
Actually, I thought that was exactly what we
don't
want.
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Thu May 24, 2018 1:27 pm

Post by joral »

The air is sweet, the air is fragrant,
and none may pass without my permission!
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Thu May 24, 2018 1:45 pm

Post by joral »

So far, it looks like Joral, Reality Check, and the worst are tied at 2 each. Shoshin's got 1, and everyone else is clear for now.

Hey wait... how'd I get there...
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #4) » Fri May 25, 2018 7:38 am

Post by joral »

Wow.

I mean, I know the whole "Why me fry me" thing, and that can explain TehBrawlGuy's comment about tone perhaps? "Tone is off" could mean a lot of things, so it'd be nice if you coule elaborate just a bit on that one please?

On the other hand, WhemeStar is being very cavalier about tossing around death, even implying that he can't be bothered to look at the top of this page to verify my name before just dismissing it as given and on to the next to go. It's as if he has added knowledge of who is on the opposite side from him.

If he does succeed in this and when I'm shown town, remember you're following him like sheep to the slaughter.

VOTE: WhemeStar or "whatever his name is".
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #5) » Fri May 25, 2018 8:57 am

Post by joral »

It was a joke that fell flat. Ah well, live and learn for next time.
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #6) » Fri May 25, 2018 11:52 am

Post by joral »

Who's there?
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #7) » Fri May 25, 2018 12:11 pm

Post by joral »

I seem to be turning into a vote magnet (5 so far, unless my count is bad), but other than that... no. Nothing has really happened.

Was hoping to hear more from Riku, Nico, Nancy or Creature to get things rolling. After cooling off a little and more careful analysis, I have no scum reads of the current active posters. Wheme just seems really interested in pushing a lynch on low information.

VOTE: none
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #8) » Fri May 25, 2018 12:12 pm

Post by joral »

In post 71, Scioness Sajj wrote:
In post 62, joral wrote:It was a joke that fell flat. Ah well, live and learn for next time.
60 is a joke?
The joke was the "How did I get there?" remark from post 24.
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #9) » Fri May 25, 2018 1:31 pm

Post by joral »

Just wait, it's starting to pick up a little.
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #10) » Fri May 25, 2018 2:08 pm

Post by joral »

My take on worst's vote is because I did not respond to his movie quote by quoting another movie line. Seems as good an RVS strategy as any.
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #11) » Fri May 25, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by joral »

In post 96, Scioness Sajj wrote:i asked you about wheme :(
I'm still collecting my thoughts on that. Maybe it was a calculated push to see some reaction. If so, it worked. He's a bit aggravating and overzealous, with what seemed like trying to arrange a day 2 train assuming the one on me would carry through. The whole "follow me like sheep to win" ploy feels a bit scummy (maybe not vote-level) because it's asking people to not think, which ultimately I consider anti-town. (That's my read on "sheep me", unless he's asking us to shear him … :) ) I am suspicious, but the weight to vote isn't there yet.

At this point, I want to see some more interactions before I start assigning votes again. We're still early in the day, and I have jumped around enough.

And to be sure this is clear from the vote none before, UNVOTE: . I wasn't aware of this tag before.
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #12) » Fri May 25, 2018 5:55 pm

Post by joral »

d?
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #13) » Sat May 26, 2018 3:59 am

Post by joral »

In post 131, Vartsun wrote:
In post 4, ArcAngel9 wrote:I am first

I AM ROLLED THE WEIRDEST ROLE EVER. THIS GAME IS A DOOMED.
Crumbing negative utility's gives me townvibes... mostly because I've done it as town.
In post 24, joral wrote:So far, it looks like Joral, Reality Check, and the worst are tied at 2 each. Shoshin's got 1, and everyone else is clear for now.

Hey wait... how'd I get there...
And by "for now", do you mean people you plan to vote?

Was this a serious post? It doesn't really have substances beyond stating what people could figure out by reading the first page.
As mentioned somewhere earlier in the thread, someone asked and I decided to answer it in a joking manner. Apparently it seriously fell flat. It's something I'd do in rvs, but would be out of place later in the game.
In post 60, joral wrote:Wow.

I mean, I know the whole "Why me fry me" thing, and that can explain TehBrawlGuy's comment about tone perhaps? "Tone is off" could mean a lot of things, so it'd be nice if you coule elaborate just a bit on that one please?

On the other hand, WhemeStar is being very cavalier about tossing around death, even implying that he can't be bothered to look at the top of this page to verify my name before just dismissing it as given and on to the next to go. It's as if he has added knowledge of who is on the opposite side from him.

If he does succeed in this and when I'm shown town, remember you're following him like sheep to the slaughter.

VOTE: WhemeStar or "whatever his name is".
I honestly don't see
Wheme
as serious so far like multiple other players

Is this a vote based on a scumread?
In post 101, joral wrote:
In post 96, Scioness Sajj wrote:i asked you about wheme :(
I'm still collecting my thoughts on that. Maybe it was a calculated push to see some reaction. If so, it worked. He's a bit aggravating and overzealous, with what seemed like trying to arrange a day 2 train assuming the one on me would carry through. The whole "follow me like sheep to win" ploy feels a bit scummy (maybe not vote-level) because it's asking people to not think, which ultimately I consider anti-town. (That's my read on "sheep me", unless he's asking us to shear him … :) ) I am suspicious, but the weight to vote isn't there yet.

At this point, I want to see some more interactions before I start assigning votes again. We're still early in the day, and I have jumped around enough.

And to be sure this is clear from the vote none before, UNVOTE: . I wasn't aware of this tag before.
Ehhh....
Wheme
is anti-town to you, but you unvote??

Also, do you have any other person that warrants a vote?
Trying to cut the wall down to something I can respond to.

I don't have sufficient conviction on Wheme yet to overcome the suspicion that I was justifying my retaliation than an actual read. I still have the suspicion, but it's not that strong, and would like to see how he starts responding now that we're getting into more serious territory.

ArcAngel's negative utility post, as everyone seems to be calling it, doesn't strike me as either town or scum. I don't see much of a point to it, but as a one-off first post, I don't put a lot of weight to it on its own.

Tpfkap's neighborhood comment I don't know what to make of. Like you, I don't see any utility in mentioning it, assuming it is true. Not been in any games before with neighbors, but I have to assume it's not something you'd want to give away. Slightly negative.

I'm suspicious of Shoshin (first vote was rvs) since his entire post history so far that I've seen is 4 posts, 2 votes, and 3 words, that feels a bit of active lurking.

Princess posts have been quite random and content free, and the whole "stoned", "too much work" feels too much like a ploy. If you're really that out of it, why post? Retrieve your brain, then post. It's not like there was a long-running conversation going on in-thread that you're acknowledging you're done with for the day. I think this is the one giving me the strongest scum feel at the moment.

Riku, Nico, and Nancy seem to just be not here yet, which could just be a function of the weekend. no read.

VOTE: Princess of Renais
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #14) » Sat May 26, 2018 5:31 am

Post by joral »

In post 147, Shoshin wrote:That's boring, Joral. Why don't you join me on Reality?
Don't particular feel your evidence warrants a vote.
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #15) » Sat May 26, 2018 6:37 am

Post by joral »

In post 150, Scioness Sajj wrote:
In post 146, joral wrote: I'm suspicious of Shoshin (first vote was rvs) since his entire post history so far that I've seen is 4 posts, 2 votes, and 3 words, that feels a bit of active lurking.

Princess posts have been quite random and content free, and the whole "stoned", "too much work" feels too much like a ploy. If you're really that out of it, why post? Retrieve your brain, then post. It's not like there was a long-running conversation going on in-thread that you're acknowledging you're done with for the day. I think this is the one giving me the strongest scum feel at the moment.

Riku, Nico, and Nancy seem to just be not here yet, which could just be a function of the weekend. no read.

VOTE: Princess of Renais
why vote for Princess instead of joining fresh and new wagon on Shoshin?
As extremely quiet as Shoshin has been, she has at least asked a valid question. Since then, she has also been more verbose (Her posts were made while I was gathering thoughts and composing mine) so I don't feel my criticism is as warranted.
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #16) » Sat May 26, 2018 8:33 am

Post by joral »

In post 155, WhemeStar wrote:Ok so can we lynch joral yet

Does anyone townread him?

He is just spewing scum posts
I see your tunnel vision, but you're yapping up the wrong tree....
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #17) » Sat May 26, 2018 9:21 am

Post by joral »

In post 161, Princess of Renais wrote:i wasnt actually stoned

it was jok cos i am ston :)

i dont do drugs becos drugs are bad
… what?
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #18) » Sat May 26, 2018 9:47 am

Post by joral »

In post 160, ArcAngel9 wrote:VOTE: Shoshin

I WAS BEING DAMN SERIOUS IN MY POSTS. DON'T TAKE MY ALERTS LIGHTLY.
The main problem with your alerts are that they cannot be acted upon, unless it's a veiled call for us to wagon you. Otherwise, without knowing what you're concealing or what you can propose we do about it, we could do something and make it worse.
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #19) » Sat May 26, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by joral »

In post 197, Shoshin wrote:If Reality's town, there's a certain degree of paranoia underlying Wheme's vote that feels very town. Like, why would scum Wheme alienate town Reality, the one player who reads Wheme as strong town?
I don't know. The problem is that Wheme has not really explained his logic on either myself or reality. The only thing which has had any reasoning that I saw was the one post claiming all of the scum tells in mine. But he has been focused on the two of us since the beginning...
In post 58, WhemeStar wrote:So after joral or whatever his name is we’re doing reality check

Sheep me to win ty
This was before I saw any town-ish call on Wheme from Reality. So I'm not sure what to think of Wheme's play or whether that has even been taken into consideration. I'd love to see some explanations though.
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (isolation #20) » Sat May 26, 2018 3:13 pm

Post by joral »

In post 223, the worst wrote:Joral and Shoshin?
have you found any of the wagons interesting as of yet?
Considering for the longest time the lead one seemed to be on me, I was more interested in keeping my head. I'm not feeling the Shoshin or Reality wagons (man that last one feels weird to say...) since I'm not getting negative vibes off either at present.

I'm still getting really odd vibes from Princess, mainly with the random word association posts.
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (isolation #21) » Sat May 26, 2018 3:58 pm

Post by joral »

In post 235, the worst wrote:if anyone wants to claim Jareth as flavour I think I might actually defect to their team??
What flavor of ice cream do you want today... we have Vanilla, Chocolate, and Jareth.
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (isolation #22) » Sun May 27, 2018 3:40 am

Post by joral »

Is anyone getting a town read on Princess?

I'm having a lot of trouble with it. She claims town, and that angel is, but no reasoning to back it up. 1st post claims stoned, then doesn't do drugs, but claims to be a rock? It's a bunch of stuff that honestly I can't make heads or tails of, and isn't really helping with the game. But is it really an anti-town tell, or a player for whom this is their first game?
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #23) » Sun May 27, 2018 3:56 am

Post by joral »

In post 248, the worst wrote:
In post 247, joral wrote:Is anyone getting a town read on Princess?

I'm having a lot of trouble with it. She claims town, and that angel is, but no reasoning to back it up. 1st post claims stoned, then doesn't do drugs, but claims to be a rock? It's a bunch of stuff that honestly I can't make heads or tails of, and isn't really helping with the game. But is it really an anti-town tell, or a player for whom this is their first game?
I'll let you decide but the rock flavourclaim makes sense? They are Ludo's friends ^_^
That is true... "canst thou summon up the very rocks?"
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (isolation #24) » Sun May 27, 2018 12:22 pm

Post by joral »

In post 256, Reality Check wrote:Well, nobody has posted except you and Sajj since then, so...
I think the question was more likely have any of them changed now that you have caught up.

As a side question, to be sure that I didn't miss it. We don't know how many town/scum there are, do we? Just that there are 15 players/hydrae?
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #25) » Sun May 27, 2018 1:38 pm

Post by joral »

In post 263, ArcAngel9 wrote:
STOP LOOKING AT MY ALERTS, IGNORING MY WARNINGS WOULD GET YOU SOME SERIOUS MOD ISSUES.
This is getting a little old... Is anyone else starting to get a scum vibe off of this?

You keep drawing attention to them, with the all caps and everything else. You keep implying it's something important, but you will not clarify, accusing any attempted clarification as role fishing. But otherwise your "alerts" have provided no useful information. You're starting to sound like those blasted warning heads from the movie, and I'm wondering if I should just ignore them...
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (isolation #26) » Sun May 27, 2018 2:51 pm

Post by joral »

In post 267, Reality Check wrote:It's dead null, joral.
Starting to wonder if I should have come back and started in the newbie games again... 8 years have dulled my wits.
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (isolation #27) » Sun May 27, 2018 3:59 pm

Post by joral »

In post 269, Reality Check wrote:eh, you'll get into it over time.

What are your strongish reads right now?
Ok, bolded names are
NOT
votes. Just a way to make sure each one stands out.

No read:
Nancy, Niko, Riku. Post count too low, nothing of substance.

Questionable:
ArcAngel
- general warnings, but doesn't seem like a lot of real participation in game. You may say null read, but something about it still bugs me.
Wheme
- Acts a bit crazy, has jumped from initiating one wagon to another, has not provided reasoning, other than one (intentional?) misread on worst's Jareth fluffpost. town with reservations, would like some explanations of votes/choices.
sajj
- says heart is on Shoshin as far as vote, says wheme feels town-ish, yet jumps on bandwagon for no explained reason? I mean not like she's paying anything to board that train, worst's 20% off offer or no.. :) Would like explanation of the jump onto the wheme train.

Negative:
Princess of Renais - random word association, not really participating that I can tell. Only one relevant post, claims town, but otherwise nothing substantive.

I'm defaulting town right now on reality, shoshin, tehbrawlguy, tpfkap, vartsun, worst, creature.
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #28) » Mon May 28, 2018 11:16 am

Post by joral »

Far as I can tell, renais has no post history outside of this game, so...
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (isolation #29) » Tue May 29, 2018 2:09 am

Post by joral »

In post 308, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 241, Nancy Drew 39 wrote: Does Princess post anything other than illegible fuff?
So far the answer to that is ... no.
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (isolation #30) » Wed May 30, 2018 2:28 am

Post by joral »

Ok, perhaps it's time to put some pressure on.

VOTE: WhemeStar

Wheme, You've now moved from me to Reality to Worst to Creature. In only one case have you even tried to explain your logic, and even then not with any detail. Would you care to put a few more words into why we should follow you on the creature wagon? And no, "Creature is scum" isn't quite sufficient, could you please elaborate on WHY you believe that to be? Or is the dog/duck not capable?
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (isolation #31) » Wed May 30, 2018 3:23 am

Post by joral »

In post 460, the worst wrote:He is sadly probs rightttttt... Creature has a pretty solid meta. He is fantastic as town and highly engaged. lurks and totally disengaged as scum.

So if I told you his call on creature has a probability of being right would you have any other concerns here?
Worst, I'm assuming this is directed at my post. My concern isn't so much the target as the method. I want to hear Wheme's reasoning for Creature, or reasoning at all. He's said "Creature is scum", (though to be fair he's said the same about this townie) but again hasn't said why he thinks so. Asking for blind following may be a null tell overall, but doesn't (to me) make the game any better. That's why at the moment the vote from me. Wheme's not high vote count, but it is to put a bit of pressure for an answer.

I haven't played since 2010 so I'm out of touch as far as meta stuff goes, but I have an unquantifiable negative feeling on creature. If the town wants to go that way, I can support it, but I feel too low info to really drive it.
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (isolation #32) » Wed May 30, 2018 4:18 am

Post by joral »

And yes, I see you and Taly both claiming creature is matching his normal scum meta. Since I don't have the requisite games with him I'm having to trust you both on that point, combined with my general unease about him. Now I just have to hope my townish read of both of you is correct, and that you're not walking me right off of a cliff. Not gonna count Wheme, because sometimes I think he's driving the bus blindfolded.

I am willing to park the Wheme vote for now, and we can pick it back up D2 if the lack of evidence continues.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Creature
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (isolation #33) » Wed May 30, 2018 12:02 pm

Post by joral »

In post 477, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 464, joral wrote:And yes, I see you and Taly both claiming creature is matching his normal scum meta. Since I don't have the requisite games with him I'm having to trust you both on that point, combined with my general unease about him. Now I just have to hope my townish read of both of you is correct, and that you're not walking me right off of a cliff. Not gonna count Wheme, because sometimes I think he's driving the bus blindfolded.

I am willing to park the Wheme vote for now, and we can pick it back up D2 if the lack of evidence continues.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Creature
JESUS CHEIST IS THIS DUDE TOWN OR SCUM
Problem Wheme?

I have asked you directly for any kind of explanation and you reply with … what? All caps and not even bothering to make sure you have spelling right. Again, PLEASE EXPLAIN YOUR REASONING. This is not the first time I've asked, and the utter lack thereof is exactly w. Even though it's based somewhat on what others have said, I've given more than just "Sheep me". Besides, I'm following what you asked for, isn't that enough? :roll:

I think Taly and Worst are town. So why should I not take into account what they have to say?

Creature, the game has started to pick up, and you still haven't been around. Want it to continue? Post something of substance. And no, I don't buy the trust/don't trust thing. Guessing worst is town in your list? Who else do you have misgivings about?

Worst, what is NAI?
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (isolation #34) » Wed May 30, 2018 3:00 pm

Post by joral »

In post 503, Scioness Sajj wrote:hi wheme

do you always scream so much?
Apparently. He also doesn't answer questions put his way.
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (isolation #35) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:22 am

Post by joral »

Wait... what just happened?
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (isolation #36) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:13 am

Post by joral »

Sorry creature, still feeling negative about you. Glad to see the pick up in activity, but not convinced yet I should give up that vote.

As for your suggestions, I can go with Nico (who has what, 3 posts and nothing of value in them) or Princess (many more posts, about similar s/n ratio). TBG is a no-go on that for me. Feels town.
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (isolation #37) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:58 am

Post by joral »

Though I'm trying to figure out what it means that Jareth took the 3 people with the most posts...
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (isolation #38) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:28 am

Post by joral »

In post 666, WhemeStar wrote:VOTE: Joral

Idc anymore not unvoting this
*yawn*
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (isolation #39) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:37 am

Post by joral »

And you know, if you really don't care about the game anymore, you can always ask cowbell to replace you.
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (isolation #40) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by joral »

In post 669, NicoRobin wrote:I am in Lebannon.
not in v/la, and have not been participating. What else should I make of it?
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (isolation #41) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:10 am

Post by joral »

In post 683, Vartsun wrote:
In post 664, joral wrote:Though I'm trying to figure out what it means that Jareth took the 3 people with the most posts...
Who?
~ Taly
Good God, maybe I should give this up. It was a reference to whatever the hell that event was. Jareth... the goblin king from the movie...
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (isolation #42) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:56 am

Post by joral »

In post 688, Randomnamechange wrote:from tHE BOOK BY KATE MOSS
My apologies, I was not aware there was a book.
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (isolation #43) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:58 am

Post by joral »

Wheme's latest vote on me is post 666. Confirmed proof wheme is evil.
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (isolation #44) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:25 am

Post by joral »

Taly, here's my problem. My vote on creature is basically a gut thing. Something "feels" off, but I can't say "in Post x, line y, Creature said z" which points to it. I'm not heavily committed for that reason.

Renais is the result of hooking a dice roller up to a dictionary, and I would vote her just to get it to stop, except for the fear of flipping town. I'd have said Nico for active lurking, since Nico's posts still have not included value.

And yeah. The pointless antagonism from Wheme is having a negative effect on me and my interest in this game, I will admit.
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (isolation #45) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:22 pm

Post by joral »

Acutally, agreed. I have doubts on creature, but they can be solved later on.

VOTE: renais
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (isolation #46) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:49 pm

Post by joral »

Yes. Right now I am agreeing with TBG's logic, and following that. Not as one of wheme's blind sheep though.

If T:Creature, there is a chance with play he can convince me of this.
If S:Creature, there is a chance he can slip and dig further in.

If T:Renais, we will have (questionable) quality dice roll passwords
If S:Renais, we will have (questionable) quality dice roll passwords

So, if I assume for a second my read on Creature is wrong, then I lose more game-wise lynching creature than I do lynching renais. If I assume my read on creature is correct, then he is always there for D2, and we can argue this out some more.
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (isolation #47) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by joral »

Exhibit A
joral
joral
Goon
joral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (isolation #48) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:58 am

Post by joral »

In post 713, Princess of Renais wrote:evry strik names r very very VERY obvtown :]

mebe excpt critter

sajj is half strik cos if im wrong on one its her
I believe that is the standard, so I suspect that's not what Nancy was asking. Would you care to enlighten us as to
WHY
you think that way?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”