Slay the Spire

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #111 (isolation #0) » Thu May 10, 2018 4:47 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Funny enough I just did a run pretty similar to Reck's, although instead of doing it because of Tactician, I did it because my starting reward of "lose all gold to gain a rare relic" gave me Top:

The Second Wind+ was out of paranoia, since in my case a single status card would stop my strat cold. I almost didn't upgrade Offering (with Clash, drawing more cards could be seen as a liability if I couldn't clear out my new hand) but there's also the energy savings of Second Wind+ being able to eat multiple defends. It's nice to find Bowl when you're doing an infinite deck because infinite decks are even more picky about what cards to add than regular decks.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #114 (isolation #1) » Tue May 15, 2018 1:53 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

This might be the weirdest deck I've won with. I bought dead branch! on purpose! before I had the corruption+! I actually could have won even harder because I grabbed Black Star and ended up avoiding all floor 3 elites, passing up Calling Bell because curses can be a problem with Top...but I forgot I had Omamori and totally could have grabbed Bell. :(

"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #121 (isolation #2) » Sat May 19, 2018 3:57 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Made it!

It was emotionally satisfying too. In the run before this one, I ended up doing a mummified hand build and got the bad luck to pull the phoenix. I got her to 80 health or so and then died because of course I was just against the absolute wrong boss. (And I died in heartbreaking fashion, with enough block to defend her next attack but died from the -1HP on Combust). Then this run, I got the frozen egg right away, got SUPER power screwed (I did not see a single power card in acts 1 and 2), but pulled the phoenix again so it ended up being a benefit that I got no powers. As payback for the last run, I killed her first form before she had a chance to act and got the "You Are Nothing" achievement on A15 :]
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #123 (isolation #3) » Sun May 20, 2018 7:55 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

I never take the relic reroll. I do agree that if I was going to do it, I'd do it on Silent and not Ironclad. But like, Snake Ring is really good too, and some of the Boss Relics can really screw you early. Obviously it's got a chance to high-roll, so if you want to essentially "start-scum" for things like Reck's early Pandora more power to you. I just personally think that streaking is a goal (although I haven't gotten more than 2-streak yet, because I've been adapting to each ascension), so I play with that kind of value set in mind.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #129 (isolation #4) » Fri May 25, 2018 8:07 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

What I found for Ironclad is that, once you hit whatever the Ascender's Bane ascension is, I started just having Evolve / Power Through / Second Wind / Body Slam+ as my "default" plan and only did other things with a compelling reason. Even if your deck doesn't end up being a Barricade/Calipers deck, that package works in most decks and is both super strong AND super flexible.

Return to “The Arcade”