HitAlt
Goon
HitAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 7:51 pm

Post by HitAlt »

Not gonna be online much today.
Happy to answer/comment more tomorrow or monday.
I am Alt. Hope it's a hit.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 8:27 pm

Post by Zoronos »

In post 422, davesaz wrote: Just to confirm, you're talking about HitAlt in the last sentence there?
Not only HitAlt; my phrasing is imperfect but I meant to include the_worst in my vague suspicion.
I don’t suspect BlackStar, his part in the dance seems towny, but something in the way the_worst and HitAlt have interacted bugs me and I can’t put my finger on precisely what or why.

The wagon only ever got to two votes, it felt bigger to me I think because of the flurry of posting it created but when I checked the VC it was only HitAlt and BlackStar. And BlackStar wandered off it pretty fast.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 12:28 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 416, Mathdino wrote:I feel like jjh should be townier by now as town

I'm hesitant to waste time there if he's just gonna town it up later but I'm pretty concerned
Why are you worrying about what he might do in the future? If you're not sure about him then why not ask him stuff to try and sort him?
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 4:16 am

Post by ruru »

In post 424, HitAlt wrote:I'd argue we can see scum!Zoro more easily after duck really flips scum.
Why does scum.tw imply scum.zoro and not town.zoro with a wrong read?
One scum in ruru/orcfz is probable.
What about us anti-indicates t/t to you? Are you scumreading me independently?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 6:13 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 412, northsidegal wrote:my only real game with scum!math is still ongoing, so i'm actually not all that sure if what i'm saying is even right
It's not (right). :facepalm:

Please be careful not to talk of ongoing games AT ALL.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 6:15 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 414, pinturicchio wrote:the one time I thought I caught him he was an innocent child, great job me!
:lol:

OK, my next game will be explicitly bastard, and I intend to include a SCUM innocent child in it. Are you in??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 6:20 am

Post by Almost50 »

Sharing is Caring D1 VC #6

ofrhz (4): ruru, Mathdino, northsidegal, BlackStar,
BlackStar (3): jjh927, the worst, ofrhz,
the worst (1): HitAlt,
Zoronos (1): davesaz,
Mathdino (1): pinturicchio,

Not Voting: HeWhoSwims, Something_Smart, Zoronos,

What do you call a dinosaur fart?
A blast from the past!

ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 7:57 am

Post by ruru »

In post 431, Almost50 wrote:What do you call a dinosaur fart?
A blast from the past!
]v]Almost50[/v]
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 9:13 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

I had an unexpectedly busy weekend and grabbed some extra shifts at work and am again out at an event tomorrow. I'll do my best to catch up tomorrow after I get home.

All I was able to read up on this morning is that Black's vote on ducky seemed like wacky business. Don't think he's being scummy?

I'm not seeing ofrhz being the biggest wagon, really.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 9:22 am

Post by Something_Smart »

V/LA until Tuesday
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 9:27 am

Post by davesaz »

Ruru please explain your ofrhz vote.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 9:33 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 310, BlackStar wrote:I was definitely being opportunitistic. I saw a chance to get a wagon going on someone scummy and I jumped. By the way, answering your questions helped me to realize more stuff about ofrhz that I didn't think about before
Lean town on this.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 10:23 am

Post by Zoronos »

In post 424, HitAlt wrote:I have no reason to reverse my scumread on the duck.
Talk to me about why you scum read the duck.
Based on what you wrote prior, , you think he's TMI on the ofrhz (or defending a partner). Since then he seems to be claiming a town read on ofrhz .
You had an early town read on the the_worst so there's clearly been some trajectory change in this read. You moved from 'duck is towny' to 'duck is scummy + [not sure on ofrhz ]' -> 'both ofrhz and duck are scummy'.
(For the sake of this discussion, I am going to assume that , which was later than where you called both scum was an accurate reflection of your thoughts prior to 277)

What have you thought about the duck's posting in the time since you initially pronounced that read? He's certainly increased a lot in volume, at least to my estimation.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 10:53 am

Post by the worst »

437 put my confusion with HitAlt a lot more legibly than I would've
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 11:06 am

Post by davesaz »

Zoronos has your worst read changed?
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 11:07 am

Post by ruru »

In post 435, davesaz wrote:Ruru please explain your ofrhz vote.
It's likely on scum
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 11:08 am

Post by Zoronos »

In post 438, the worst wrote:437 put my confusion with HitAlt a lot more legibly than I would've
I'm not sure that's a great idea because half the motivation for that post is "Hmmmm maybe HitAlt is scum" and half is "HitAlt sell me on the duck being scum".

My scum reads at this point aren't in a great state.
I'm actually not a huge fan of HWS or the numerosaurus because none of their reads have jumped out ahead of thread consensus so far.
Davesaz doesn't really (yet) seem to be pushing new content into the mix but he also doesn't have a lot of posts, so I'm circling on those three waiting for them to do something to get a better eval.

I don't know what to do about Something_Smart or JJH yet. That said, if I am suspicious of MD that leads me to lower suspicion value on JJH since scumsaurus is less likely to say 'Yeah, JJH will be obvtown eventually' about his partner.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 11:10 am

Post by the worst »

Zoronos I think your reads are probably more calibrated than mine at the moment.
--
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 11:10 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 440, ruru wrote:
In post 435, davesaz wrote:Ruru please explain your ofrhz vote.
It's likely on scum
That's nice, please explain the read.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 11:17 am

Post by Zoronos »

In post 439, davesaz wrote:Zoronos has your worst read changed?
Maybe? I don't know yet.
So, this is going to sound stupid, but bear with me. They had a discussion starting around that I feel like just circled each other a tad but didn't really go anywhere or produce much of anything.
Then they basically did that same dance again starting around when HitAlt voted the worst (it jumps to because it seems like HitAlt is afk or w/e when worst tries to talk).

I can't put my finger on why those sequences bug me, but it seems like they're more of extended jokes / conversation than attempts to sort eachother? Just like 'Hey I scum read you okay bye'.
HitAlt comes back in with some reasoning, so that's where I figured it made the most sense to start unpacking the sequence.

Do TheWorst+HitAlt together ISO and maybe you'll see what I mean?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 11:20 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 441, Zoronos wrote: I'm actually not a huge fan of HWS or the numerosaurus because none of their reads have jumped out ahead of thread consensus so far.
Do you often use "new idea" to mean "town" when reading people?
Davesaz doesn't really (yet) seem to be pushing new content into the mix but he also doesn't have a lot of posts,
These questions I'm asking, and the answers they are supposed to generate, are new content
so I'm circling on those three waiting for them to do something to get a better eval.
I see the three people you're talking about as being completely different. I was explicitly not here, HWS and Mathdino did very different things so far. What's the connection in your mind that makes you put this list together. Furthermore are there other people with similar low contribution? I suspect there are having skimmed to keep up, but interested to know what you think.
I don't know what to do about Something_Smart or JJH yet. That said, if I am suspicious of MD that leads me to lower suspicion value on JJH since scumsaurus is less likely to say 'Yeah, JJH will be obvtown eventually' about his partner.
IIRC, JJH said something rather specific about how he's approaching the game -- what did you think about that?
As far as I know, MD has a lot of experience playing with JJH, for you how does that affect what he said about future JJH expectations?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 11:31 am

Post by davesaz »

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Mathdino is one of the players that for me will be a contra read.
When they're town they do things that make me think they're scum trying to control the situation.
I get paranoid of players like that because one of my early games after moving to this site was a lylo loss to scum leading town.

Here's the contra part. Since he is usually controlling to the point I think he's scum, if he's not doing that it likely means he's scum.
VOTE: Mathdino
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 11:33 am

Post by ruru »

VOTE: davesaz
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 11:36 am

Post by the worst »

Ruru what's your read on Math right now?
also your ofrhz vote was likely on scum, why knee-jerk vote davesaz?
--
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 11:39 am

Post by Zoronos »

In post 445, davesaz wrote:
In post 441, Zoronos wrote: I'm actually not a huge fan of HWS or the numerosaurus because none of their reads have jumped out ahead of thread consensus so far.
Do you often use "new idea" to mean "town" when reading people?
Davesaz doesn't really (yet) seem to be pushing new content into the mix but he also doesn't have a lot of posts,
These questions I'm asking, and the answers they are supposed to generate, are new content
so I'm circling on those three waiting for them to do something to get a better eval.
I see the three people you're talking about as being completely different. I was explicitly not here, HWS and Mathdino did very different things so far. What's the connection in your mind that makes you put this list together. Furthermore are there other people with similar low contribution? I suspect there are having skimmed to keep up, but interested to know what you think.
IIRC, JJH said something rather specific about how he's approaching the game -- what did you think about that?
As far as I know, MD has a lot of experience playing with JJH, for you how does that affect what he said about future JJH expectations?
1) I think new ideas are a town tell. Town want to push the game forwards. If the thread consensus is currently not aligned on a scum then repeating thread consensus ideas is a good way for scum to active lurk while appearing helpful, since they are both okay with status quo and want to not be easily outed by doing nothing.
Noise without substance.

2) I understand. That's why I'm waiting instead of pouncing. When you get some conclusions, lets talk about them.

3) 'People I want to see more content from'. Yes, there are others people with similar low content, Something_smart and JJH, they're listed just below that line in the post. But I feel both have done more in terms of 'new opinions' / 'proactive content' then either of the three on that line, even if those opinions didn't always turn out super popular. (See: JJH clapping at Blackstar then getting voted by NSG for it)

4) I'm not sure what you're referring to vis-a-vis game approach. ? If so, I found that NAI.
MD's statement about JJH becoming obvtown really doesn't do much for me overall, beyond giving me reason to have some extra patience with early JJH lurking. It also, imo, lowers the probability of an S+S pairing. Not eliminates, but lowers likelihood. A scum MD has every reason to expect a town JJH to eventually act towny, and a town MD would just be faithfully presenting his view of the meta.

Return to “Completed Open Games”