Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #0) » Thu May 10, 2018 6:54 pm

Post by ByronVilla »

In post 41, Shoshin wrote:
In post 40, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 25, Shoshin wrote:Screen's probably town because of post #20. Feels town.
Fake
VOTE: Shoshin
Vote feels creepy.
What is it about this vote that feels creepy to you?
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #1) » Thu May 10, 2018 7:24 pm

Post by ByronVilla »

In post 43, TehBrawlGuy wrote:
In post 42, ByronVilla wrote:
In post 41, Shoshin wrote:
In post 40, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 25, Shoshin wrote:Screen's probably town because of post #20. Feels town.
Fake
Vote feels creepy.
What is it about this vote that feels creepy to you?
Do you not want to comment about anything else that's gone on so far?
Nothing else really springs out at me right now after reading through these first few posts, however...
Shoshin wrote:
In post 42, ByronVilla wrote:What is it about this vote that feels creepy to you?
He's voting me for townreading one of his posts.
I can sort of understand this kind of vote, some people do like to establish a 'buddy' of sorts (which imo is scummy as hell) and distancing yourself away from any early attempts at friendliness could be a good idea.

Oh yeah and I haven't voted yet

Boy do I love a good wagon
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #2) » Thu May 10, 2018 7:38 pm

Post by ByronVilla »

In post 46, Shoshin wrote:
In post 45, ByronVilla wrote:I can sort of understand this kind of vote, some people do like to establish a 'buddy' of sorts (which imo is scummy as hell) and distancing yourself away from any early attempts at friendliness
could
be a good idea.
What's scummy about townreading someone?
Well nothing in isolation, but when you take into consideration that it was a read on a RVS vote (which aren't really alignment indicative from my stance), then you can take into account the possibility that people can use these early on to try and get into peoples good books by townreading them, then it can come off as a tiny bit sus, and at this stage in the game a tiny bit sus is all we're gonna be able to latch onto until more discussion happens.
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #3) » Thu May 10, 2018 8:12 pm

Post by ByronVilla »

In post 48, Shoshin wrote:
In post 47, ByronVilla wrote:
In post 46, Shoshin wrote:
In post 45, ByronVilla wrote:I can sort of understand this kind of vote, some people do like to establish a 'buddy' of sorts (which imo is scummy as hell) and distancing yourself away from any early attempts at friendliness
could
be a good idea.
What's scummy about townreading someone?
Well nothing in isolation, but when you take into consideration that it was a read on a RVS vote (which aren't really alignment indicative from my stance), then you can take into account the possibility that people can use these early on to try and get into peoples good books by townreading them, then it can come off as a tiny bit sus, and at this stage in the game a tiny bit sus is all we're gonna be able to latch onto until more discussion happens.
There's more to the read than an RVS vote. It's about his reasoning for that vote, as well as the context in which it was said. It's not something that scum would have said, so it felt town. And from my perspective, the way you make "more discussion happen" (your words) is by developing reads, including townreads, not by waiting around hoping something happens. The passive approach is actually much more pro-scum.
While this is true, you gave absolutely no reasoning to your read on Post #25. That's hardly 'developing' a read. I understand you just did in the quote above but that was after being pressured, how were we supposed to know your reasonings if all we were told is a 'felt town'. And sure being passive is quite scummy, but I'd rather not rush to place reads on people unless it's for the sake of pressuring them, as I don't have enough knowledge yet to be confident in any reads.

Also I'm off to college, so I hope there's some juicy discussion when I come back :P
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #4) » Fri May 11, 2018 4:46 am

Post by ByronVilla »

In post 64, TehBrawlGuy wrote:
In post 62, Shoshin wrote:No, what Byron did is several steps removed from scumhunting. I directly read a post as town. That's direct scumhunting.
Byron didn't say my post was directly scummy.
He said it was scummy because Screen was town. Byron's scumhunting only makes sense as an associative tell, and yes, associations are uncommon among townies at the beginning of a game. But scum do them all the time, because scum operate from an informed perspective, which means they're always seeing these sorts of associations, regardless of whether they want to.
I guess he'll have to clarify, but I read his as exactly that. Byron, which way did your reads flow? Was it ScreenTown -> ShoScum, or ShoScum -> ScreenTown?
My read was ShoScum -> ScreenTown. I felt like his reaction was very unnatural, and buddying seemed like the explanation that made the most sense in my mind. There is a problem where I have to assume that Screen is town in order for this to work (and I don't have enough of a read on him to make me feel any sort of confidence towards this), as scum wouldn't traditionally make this move onto another scum, so I'm willing to suspend disbelief considering the odds.
Shoshin wrote:
In post 56, TehBrawlGuy wrote:I think it's a pretty false equivalence, what you did vs what Byron did. You called Screen's post Town without any other motivator, whereas he's scumhunting and his best lead assumes Screen is Town, so he's going with it, but his primary motivation isn't to establish Screen as Town.
I called post #20 town because it's a town-tell. The motivation was to get people talking about reads, to move away from RVS, to figure out who the scum are, and to eventually lynch them. And figuring out who the scum are involves figuring out who the town are. My motivation wasn't to buddy Screen. If anything, I did the opposite because I dislike his personality.

Byron's scum because his internal logic doesn't square. He said buddying Screen is scummy,
yet he's buddying up to Screen
. let me put this in more abstract terms. You can't say player X is buddying player Y unless you already know (or believe) that player Y is town. And if you think player Y is town, then you can't fault player X for also thinking player Y is town. But that's what Byron is doing. He's assuming Screen is town for the sake of scumreading me. In a way, he's scumhunting through associative tells, which is scummy at this stage in the game because the scum already know everyone's alignments while the town don't.
Also how am I buddying with Screen? I'll admit I'm assuming he's town for the sake of the theory, but that's all there is to it. I'm not town reading him, I'm just making an assumption that could very well be wrong for the sake of scumreading you. This, more than anything else you've said, has come off super desperate to me, however weirdly enough I'm starting to think you're desperate town more than scum. I'll have to think more into this to decide if I'm actually confident in this read or not, although I'm still learning a bit more towards scum.
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #5) » Fri May 11, 2018 5:48 am

Post by ByronVilla »

Also for those that are interested, I have some thoughts on a few others:

Garuga - I feel like he's looking for excuses to not be active in the game, and that's really not the kind of attitude I expect from a town player (See BuJaber's point). However whilst he has tried to find excuses to not be active, he's actually being active and asking people questions, which is something I really like (in fact, 6 of his 9 posts ask a question, 2 in a row make excuses as to not be as active as he was being, and 1 was just RVS). So it kind of balances things out, and leaves me with a neutral read.

TehBrawlGuy - Whilst he has the 2nd highest amount of posts right now, I find it really hard to comment on him. To me it seems like even though he's posting a lot, he's still managing to stay weirdly neutral and I feel like he's not playing that risky, however he has made some good points, so neutral again with him.

BuJaber - I'm really liking the points he's making, and he's doing something other than grabbing some popcorn and watching me and Shoshin go at it, which is much better than I can say about a certain few people in the game. Slight town read onto him.

Mumble, Gustavo, Voyc (Saudude too?) - These have all been very quiet. If they continue to not contribute, I'm going to become very suspect of them. Of course activity isn't necessarily AI, but I personally feel it's super anti-town, so a slight-sus lead on these, and if they still aren't active I'm going to get quite concerned. However I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, as timezones do exist, so they may have not seen this thread since RVS.

Srceenplay - Whilst I really liked him calling out Shoshin, he's done nothing since, and as I stated before I'm not a fan of inactivity. Neutral read, could fall into the above group if he continues inactivity, or could fall into a town read if he plays a lot more active.

I will say, these reads (especially the inactivity ones) are very premature due to how early in the game we are, but I wanted to get my thoughts out. Also if your name wasn't mentioned, I've got nothing more to add to the discussion around you at this time off the top of my head.

A new post: Oh hey Garuga made another post that's looking quite promising, however the excuses earlier on in the day still mean this post doesn't instantly warrant a town read.

Another new post: Oh nice Saudude is posting, I'll have to look into his small posts and see if I can find anything. The name 'scumbum' seems like the only lead as to what he's saying, but idk what that could mean other than scum. Also the fact that he's posting here probably moves him a bit further away from the inactivity camp, but I'm not getting many vibes at all off of him right now.
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #6) » Fri May 11, 2018 5:57 am

Post by ByronVilla »

Wait I completely forgot about TwoInAMillion. Big oops, pretend you were with the inactivity lads on that list (however I like seeing you and Saudade post so you're distancing yourself away from them as you speak)
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #7) » Fri May 11, 2018 6:15 am

Post by ByronVilla »

TwoInAMillion wrote:I don't think not posting the first four pages is the same as being inactive.
I mean yeah I wouldn't call you inactive as in 'you're an inactive player', it's more a case of I'm basing my reads on 4 pages worth of mafia, so I had to throw a bunch of people in that group because naturally the game hasn't even been going for a day yet.
Srceenplay wrote:
In post 84, ByronVilla wrote:Also for those that are interested, I have some thoughts on a few others:
A paragraph of reads in just 4 pages. Nice. Anyone help you with that?
Well yeah a lot of this is me agreeing with some people, but I wanted to get my stance out there and this seemed like the easiest way to do it.
Gustavo wrote:Dude the game hasn’t even been open for 24 hours plus a bunch of people decided to post like it’s going out of style. Easy on the inactive comments until 2/3 days have passed.

VOTE: byron

Appears Over eager. Doesn’t feel natural to me. Plus he has an unrealistic expectation of activity
See what I stated above, I'm not expecting you to have posted until now, but it's more of a warning to say that if you continue to not say anything for another few days I'm gonna be super sus.
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #8) » Fri May 11, 2018 6:36 am

Post by ByronVilla »

In post 96, Gustavo wrote:
In post 94, ByronVilla wrote:See what I stated above, I'm not expecting you to have posted until now, but it's more of a warning to say that if you continue to not say anything for another few days I'm gonna be super sus.
Challenge accepted.

See ya Monday.
Ok if you're actually just gonna avoid participating in the game for 4 days for no good reason other than to spite some guy who thinks not posting for that length of time is inactive, then that's just either plain scummy or plain childish. Idk if you're gonna go through with it but if you're going to just act like that, which is going to help the town in absolutely no way at all, then you're a lot more deserving of my vote than anyone else.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Gustavo
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #9) » Fri May 11, 2018 8:33 am

Post by ByronVilla »

In post 101, Gustavo wrote:
In post 99, ByronVilla wrote:
In post 96, Gustavo wrote:
In post 94, ByronVilla wrote:See what I stated above, I'm not expecting you to have posted until now, but it's more of a warning to say that if you continue to not say anything for another few days I'm gonna be super sus.
Challenge accepted.

See ya Monday.
Ok if you're actually just gonna avoid participating in the game for 4 days for no good reason other than to spite some guy who thinks not posting for that length of time is inactive, then that's just either plain scummy or plain childish. Idk if you're gonna go through with it but if you're going to just act like that, which is going to help the town in absolutely no way at all, then you're a lot more deserving of my vote than anyone else.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Gustavo
No I actually am going to be busy this weekend and wanted to fuck with you and that was seriously the best way to do it. If you are town you need to SERIOUSLY lighten up. If people don’t post for a couple of days it doesn’t mean anything at all. You can’t scum read people for not posting. You can hate them, you can bitch about them, but unfortunately inactivity isn’t a scumtell.
Whilst it isn't a scumtell, it is anti-town, as during that time you're not contributing to the discussion whatsoever. The way you put it beforehand was in a style that was clearly not going to help anyone, and from the way you speak about it, it was specifically to wind me up. Well in your terms, to 'fuck with you'. I understand if you're away from the weekend that's fair, but why go through the effort of winding up a member of the discussion. It's not going to help anyone unless it's for the purposes of pressuring me (in which case, that's actually fair reasoning). But imo pressuring and just flat out 'fucking' with someone are two different things, and it's not doing us any favors.
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #10) » Fri May 11, 2018 9:26 am

Post by ByronVilla »

Ok, I'm starting to feel the pressure crikey, let's get into this.
Mumble wrote:VOTE: Byron

The entirety of your reads are activity based. They aren't premature, they are baseless and basically amount to fluff. You need to tweak your definition of inactive as well...your homesite operate on a 48/24 cycle?
Ok yeah my homesite does operate on a 48/24 cycle, so fair enough, but still at this point in the game I'm trying to build reads based on as little info as possible, and if I haven't got any info from you yet, I'm gonna put you in that inactivity group. Now I also don't believe being inactive is scummy, I believe it is anti-town (anti-town meaning not scum, but hurting the chances of town finding scum). That is an important distinction and I did clarify that right here...
In post 84, ByronVilla wrote: Mumble, Gustavo, Voyc (Saudude too?) - These have all been very quiet. If they continue to not contribute, I'm going to become very suspect of them.
Of course activity isn't necessarily AI, but I personally feel it's super anti-town
, so a slight-sus lead on these, and if they still aren't active I'm going to get quite concerned. However I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, as timezones do exist, so they may have not seen this thread since RVS.
...but at the same time I also find activity to be pro-town (at least in the early stages of the game) as it promotes discussion instead of dismisses it. These aren't AI, but it's clear to me that the lower your activity, the lower the amount of info you can contribute to the group.

I also didn't feel that Gustavo's inactivity was scummy, it was the way he tried to wind me up instead of just saying he was away for the weekend that triggered my scumread on him. There was no need for him to go out of his way just to annoy me, that's not going to help anyone bar applying pressure onto me.
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #11) » Fri May 11, 2018 11:24 am

Post by ByronVilla »

In post 111, Shoshin wrote:
In post 80, ByronVilla wrote:Also how am I buddying with Screen? I'll admit I'm assuming he's town for the sake of the theory, but that's all there is to it. I'm not town reading him, I'm just making an assumption that could very well be wrong for the sake of scumreading you. This, more than anything else you've said, has come off super desperate to me, however weirdly enough I'm starting to think you're desperate town more than scum. I'll have to think more into this to decide if I'm actually confident in this read or not, although I'm still learning a bit more towards scum.
You defended Screen, said his creepy vote made sense to you, and then you followed Screen's vote. How isn't that cozying up to Screen? I get the sense that you're projecting your own motivations onto me.

Ok so his point made sense to me and I defended it. That isn't buddying. I'm not reading him as town, I'm assuming he's town. Me defending a point that your post felt out of place is different to you reading RVS nonsense as town-like with practically no explanation. Also you really should stop calling his vote creepy, iirc no-one else has supported you on that point. And that language man, creepy implies you're scared of his vote, and it really puts you off, which is quite a weird way to describe a vote, making it almost feel like he's onto you..? Idk maybe I'm reading too much into a single word, so I'm not too confident in that read.
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (isolation #12) » Sat May 12, 2018 6:50 am

Post by ByronVilla »

In post 164, Saudade wrote:"Why don't you want a fourth? It's 7 to lynch"

HAHAHAHAHA IS THIS WHAT MAKES YOU SCUMREAD ME BECAUSE I MISSED/OR DIDNT REPLY TO THAT HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
In post 165, Saudade wrote:scenes when the guy I actually didnt want to put a 4th vote on is actually in your fucking townpool you absolute bellend get better reads mate
In post 169, Saudade wrote:oh dear me you're all just terrible.
literally contradicting yourselves in your own posts lol
In post 172, Saudade wrote:imagine talking about activity and inactivity in a 7 page game ooooooooooooooooooooooooooffffffffffffff
In post 215, Saudade wrote:Certainly too complicated for you
Jesus mate spend less time on the roasting and more time on actual scumhunting, it feels like you've done nothing proactive this whole game and have a very very very antagonistic mentality when it comes to the town. I have a gut feeling that you're more of an agitated town than scum (because jesus this is a bold attitude for scum to play), but your play is not one that is going to help the town get anywhere.

If you're actually willing to comply with a question, do you have any town leans right now? It seems to me that you feel like everyone's out to get you (and tbh you've probs got nearly half the town glaring at you through their screens), and so I wanna know if anyone feels town to you.

New post: Oi you beat me to it gdi
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #13) » Sun May 13, 2018 3:42 am

Post by ByronVilla »

What are the chances that all 3 scum fakeclaim being neighbors, therefore if one/two dies the others are cleared of suspicion? I really really
really
doubt this is the case but is it something we should be aware of or should we just dismiss that possibility?
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #14) » Sun May 13, 2018 6:35 am

Post by ByronVilla »

How does Brawl get tangled into this again?
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (isolation #15) » Sun May 13, 2018 6:36 am

Post by ByronVilla »

Or is it a 4 man hood and I missed something?
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (isolation #16) » Sun May 13, 2018 6:38 am

Post by ByronVilla »

Oh ok, so let me rephrase my question, how does Garuga get tangled into this?
Garuga wrote:
In post 276, Srceenplay wrote:I’ll go ahead and announce the scum team.

Shoshin
Garuga
Brawl

We lynch Shoshin.
Vig Garuga
Cop brawl.
Gotta line up those mislynches amirite?
OMGUS much?
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #17) » Sun May 13, 2018 6:56 am

Post by ByronVilla »

Wait where did he do that? If that's the case it confirms there's scum in the hood and that's he's scum (unless there's like two hoods that have an overlapping member, which I don't think is possible..?)
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (isolation #18) » Sun May 13, 2018 8:16 am

Post by ByronVilla »

In post 293, Garuga wrote:I love how everyone is scumreading me and yet not voting me.

In that case, I'll just reveal I'm this game's
Mafia Rolecop
Are jesters a thing on mafiascum or is this just an ez lynch? (or is there a third option?)
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #19) » Sun May 13, 2018 9:18 am

Post by ByronVilla »

Garuga wrote:

Shoshin
Garuga
Brawl

We lynch Shoshin.
Vig Garuga
Cop brawl.
Your reads are dead-on BTW.
Ok that just kinda ruins the game if you're telling the truth.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Garuga
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #20) » Wed May 16, 2018 8:06 pm

Post by ByronVilla »

TehBrawlGuy wrote:
In post 373, BuJaber wrote:
In post 372, BuJaber wrote:I thought this was confirmed 10-3 also.. but mod didn't specify so I guess in theory we could have another scum in the neighborhood
If it's 9-4 *
It's not. Mislynch D1 and misvig N1 would put us in MYLO on Day 2. There's absolutely zero way that's possible.
What if there's two scum factions that are competing? (The werewolf terminology kinda spooks me a bit), but idk if that counts as a third party and so this probs isn't true
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (isolation #21) » Thu May 17, 2018 5:35 am

Post by ByronVilla »

In post 382, Hopkirk wrote:I’m glad the vig was Mumble and not someone bad.
Gustavo or Voyc top two picks for last scum I guess.
Let’s stop debating dumb setup stuff.
Wait why isn't Knu in this group for you?
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (isolation #22) » Thu May 17, 2018 6:41 am

Post by ByronVilla »

As much as I'd like to vote off the inactive people...
In post 304, Garuga wrote:

Shoshin
Garuga
Brawl

We lynch Shoshin.
Vig Garuga
Cop brawl.
Your reads are dead-on BTW.
This exists, and the fact that this claim is 2/3rds confirmed correct backs up it so much that if it is a bus by screen it's some mind-bending levels of play that I don't think I'm prepped for. However if this flip is wrong it does raise a few eyebrows.

VOTE: TehBrawlGuy
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (isolation #23) » Thu May 17, 2018 6:51 pm

Post by ByronVilla »

In post 418, TwoInAMillion wrote:Gustavo is probably not getting lynched today, it seems(even though he should be). Trying to decide between voting Voyc and Brawl. Leaning towards Voyc because Brawl has been more active.
Well the thing is I don't even know what info we get from a Voyc flip, like he's so inactive that there's nothing to go on. I'd prefer to lynch Brawl just because that flip gives us a lot more information to work off of in D3 (and besides I want to hear more off of Voyc before we lynch them)
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (isolation #24) » Thu May 17, 2018 7:20 pm

Post by ByronVilla »

In post 423, BuJaber wrote:Cool

For the record I don't think mafia has a doc. Maybe commuter if that is possible as a scum role.

But regardless our vig is dead so protectives mean nothing.
On the slim chance we also have an even-night vig they should shoot knuflanto or music box or hopkirk.
Assuming we lynch voyc. Basically 2 of these 4 should die if we can help it.

Pedit - what kind of info do you hope to get from brawl lynch?
Well let's look at the two possible flips:

1) Flips scum and we win (I assume at least)
2) Flips town and we know that 1. Garuga wasn't throwing the game completely 2. Srceenplay could've been doing a mad bus 3. His interactions and reads can be put down as honest, and so we can look at what his reads were, what wagons he was on etc.
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (isolation #25) » Sat May 19, 2018 5:29 am

Post by ByronVilla »

Is Knu not gonna get replaced? He hasn't posted in like 6 days
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (isolation #26) » Sat May 19, 2018 7:57 pm

Post by ByronVilla »

Tbh I'm down to voyc too, but I'm down to lynch like any of Voy/Music/Dunn due to the inactivity (maybe not Dunn as it looks like he's actually going to be active). I have my vote on Brawl for the info we get on the flip but the more I think about it it's better to try and lynch scum now then get info on lynch flips (especially because the likelihood of there being one more scum left is super high), and Brawl is nowhere near the scummiest person here.

However out of the three I want to hear Music the most, all we have from her are a few reads with nothing behind them. I understand they're catching up but I want to hear some reasonings at some point soon. I'm interested in the scum read Voyc has on me too considering the general consensus is that I'm town, but it feels like Music just saw us posting the town block, put that down as town, and then just picked a random inactive player as scum. I'm gonna put my vote on Music Box until they've gave the reasons behind their reads, and then probably hop on the Voycwagon unless anything changes.

UNVOTE: Brawl
VOTE: Music Box
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (isolation #27) » Mon May 21, 2018 9:40 am

Post by ByronVilla »

I find it quite weird that people suddenly hopped onto Music Box as soon as Voyc announced he was being replaced. I feel like that's a key thing to note right now as we toss our votes around the not-town block.
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (isolation #28) » Wed May 23, 2018 9:54 am

Post by ByronVilla »

On the topic of Music,
In post 479, Music Box wrote:I'm all caught up now but it's past 2 am and I've got to be up at six. I'll expand on this tomorrow but for now here's the bottom line:

Town

BuJaber
Srceenplay
ByronVilla
TehBrawlGuy
Hopkirk
Gustavo
Voyc
Knuflanto/ Dunnstral
TwoInAMillion
Scum

Vote: TwoInAMillion
I know you gave your reasons for your TIAM vote, but I'd like to hear the reasonings on every other read of yours, and considering you have 1 vote before you're lynched you need to hurry up and get your words out there before you are lynched. You seem to have given us practically nothing this day and that really worries me. Out of your 4 posts today, 2 are 'sorry I'm just catching up' posts, 1 is that readlist and the other is an explanation about your vote on TIAM, and in order for me to want to move my vote off of you, I need to hear more from you.
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (isolation #29) » Wed May 23, 2018 6:52 pm

Post by ByronVilla »

Ah dammit I should've unvoted, my b. Also NK15 why force a lynch here? It's not like Music was particularly scummy, they were just inactive, and I was on the brink of getting some info out of them so surely you could've at least waited for that.
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (isolation #30) » Sat May 26, 2018 5:39 am

Post by ByronVilla »

I'm currently getting a tad worried on time. Maybe that's me overthinking stuff but idk.

Now if we look at the people left we can see there's 8 left, and if we assume
1) A lynch happens each day and someone is killed each night
2) There's only one scum left
then it means that we have 3 more days to lynch scum, and 3 suspects currently stand out to me. Each of them for the same kind of reasoning, which might be linked to my pretty clear distaste for inactivity but 'Ah well' let's get onto the list. (Oh hey this is Bu's 3 suspects too. That's weird huh)

Voyc/NK15 - Super sus hammer onto Music, overall the duo has 7 posts over two days, which is just so bad in terms of contribution. The problem here is I feel this is almost too easy of a target, like I don't feel like a scum would contribute this little and make that hammer at the same time, it just feels like it'd be leaving themselves open.

Knu/Dunn - As I talk about how I felt about NK being an easy target, Dunn is like diet NK. This duo has posted a bit more, clocking in at 18 posts, and haven't done anything as silly as finish a wagon before all the info has been gathered, however that's my exact problem. I fear that Dunn could just fly under the radar whilst we do things like policy lynch Brawl and probably draw suspicion somewhere else (I can imagine the wagon going onto NK or TIAM, as that seems to be the two most scummy via general town consensus), so keep an eye on this one.

Hopkirk - Now I'll be honest and say that this is pretty much a pure gut read, but ever since I reread D1 during N1 I realized that he's landing himself right in the middle area between the spectrum of towny and scummy. He's not done anything out of line, however he isn't doing anything especially townie. He had Garuga in his town pool, yet was on Shoshin's wagon. A few weird contradictions in his posts too:

He says this in response to talking about 10-3 vs 9-4. Admittedly the answer to the debacle was right in front of us but still I find it weird that he says this...
In post 382, Hopkirk wrote:I’m glad the vig was Mumble and not someone bad.
Gustavo or Voyc top two picks for last scum I guess.
Let’s stop debating dumb setup stuff.
Yet he's been talking about set-ups in a lot of his posts. Here's a few examples:
In post 291, Hopkirk wrote:Well he hasn't hosted enough for that to be worthwhile.
I assume that means it's more likely for the setup to be typical rather than super creative though? Probably 1/3 scum as usual.
A lot of talk about vig's even though a vig is already dead
In post 383, Hopkirk wrote:Can narrow down the scumpool enough that lynch+even-vig makes this pretty trivial.
In post 478, Hopkirk wrote:I was thinking even-night vig, but that's not necesarily here with a even commuter.
Even today he's talking about set-ups
In post 559, Hopkirk wrote:Looking at setups with neighbours would be a good idea.
It just feels off to me, like there's already two votes on Brawl and whilst I do agree we should lynch him at some point there's a lot of people that I feel are slipping through the cracks and we need to keep a note of them at the very least.

Ending this on a full readist

Town

BuJaber
Gustavo
TehBrawlGuy
TwoInAMillion
Not Known 15/Hopkirk/Dunnstral (not sure how to sort these)
Scum
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (isolation #31) » Sun May 27, 2018 10:43 pm

Post by ByronVilla »

I'm willing to lynch Hopkirk today. I want to give him some time to defend himself first (so I won't be moving my vote onto him for now), but I'm starting to view Hopkirk vs TIAM as not a TvT interaction. It just doesn't feel like one for me right now, you look at other generally agreed on TvT interactions and you see people are a lot more aggressive, whereas Hopkirk & TIAM seem to be unwilling to go that extra step. Then again it might be just that they have a form of emotional control, but I'm reading it as a PR vs scum right now, and if we have to choose between Hopkirk & TIAM as to who to lynch, I'd go with Hopkirk for now.
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (isolation #32) » Mon May 28, 2018 12:43 am

Post by ByronVilla »

In post 593, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 592, ByronVilla wrote:I'm willing to lynch Hopkirk today. I want to give him some time to defend himself first (so I won't be moving my vote onto him for now), but I'm starting to view Hopkirk vs TIAM as not a TvT interaction. It just doesn't feel like one for me right now, you look at other generally agreed on TvT interactions and you see people are a lot more aggressive, whereas Hopkirk & TIAM seem to be unwilling to go that extra step. Then again it might be just that they have a form of emotional control, but I'm reading it as a PR vs scum right now, and if we have to choose between Hopkirk & TIAM as to who to lynch, I'd go with Hopkirk for now.
What about PR vs PR?
Yeah that's a possibility too now that I think about it, but there's already been a lot of roles revealed (Vig/Neighbors/Commuter if we believe Dunnstral) so I don't know what the chances of it are. Then again I'm no expert on set-ups so yeah we should be wary of it being PR vs PR.
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (isolation #33) » Mon May 28, 2018 1:28 am

Post by ByronVilla »

TIAM hasn't claimed from what I can see. What about you? Am I right in thinking you have some sort of role?
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (isolation #34) » Mon May 28, 2018 1:30 am

Post by ByronVilla »

Well really I'd like to hear the answer to that question from both of you.
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (isolation #35) » Mon May 28, 2018 3:08 am

Post by ByronVilla »

In post 599, Hopkirk wrote:I have a role that's likely weak, slightly swingy.
That's why I was wondering if we should mass claim.
After looking at previous normals, thinking we should claim if we have roles, but not what they are.
Idk I mean I'd rather push for the actual roles in a mass claim. We're at a point in the game where revealing our roles shouldn't be too big of an issue
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (isolation #36) » Mon May 28, 2018 3:13 am

Post by ByronVilla »

If we look at our numbers we're 7-1, as I've said before we have 3 days and knowing people's roles and having them claim right now is really going to help us. To me there's little to no reason to not claim our full roles, and suggesting that we shouldn't warrants a lot of suspicion from me, as it seems like you're trying to dodge claiming your role for no apparent reason (unless you're scum and need time to come up with a fake claim)
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (isolation #37) » Mon May 28, 2018 3:23 am

Post by ByronVilla »

I have a role. I'd rather wait until everyone else has claimed to reveal mine, and I have a way to prove I have the role so you don't have to worry about me biding my time as scum waiting to fakeclaim.
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (isolation #38) » Mon May 28, 2018 7:18 am

Post by ByronVilla »

In post 607, TwoInAMillion wrote:I have no idea what your order is based on, but I am a vanilla townie. Nothing to hide here.
I assume the order is doing all the people outside of the town pool, then the people inside (Brawl is being omitted because we already know he's a neighbor)
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (isolation #39) » Mon May 28, 2018 7:32 am

Post by ByronVilla »

You added yourself to the townpool, the mutually agreed on townpool by most of the town is me and Bu (I'm not sure if Brawl is in there too, but I know it's been me and Bu at least). There's been too many people against you to put you into it anymore.
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (isolation #40) » Mon May 28, 2018 10:49 am

Post by ByronVilla »

I'm fine with just Hopkirk claiming now, I'll have what I need by then to reveal my role.
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (isolation #41) » Mon May 28, 2018 9:23 pm

Post by ByronVilla »

Ok I'm too impatient. I have what I need to make my claim if Hopkirk's role is confirmable.

I'm the Town Neapolitan.

N1: I checked Hopkirk, and he was not a Vanilla Town
N2: I checked TIAM, and he was not a Vanilla Town

So TIAM, why you lying? That's a rather scummy thing to do don't you think?

If you think I'm lying about being Nea, we still lynch you to see if you're villy or not and that will prove/disprove my claim

(Also I tried to crumb and failed miserably as I realized I put other capitals around, but I don't think there's any other possible crumbs in this post)
In post 567, ByronVilla wrote:
I
'm currently getting a tad worried on time.
M
aybe that's me overthinking stuff but idk.

N
ow if we look at the people left we can see there's 8 left, and if we assume
1) A lynch happens each day and someone is killed each night
2) There's only one scum left
then it means that we have 3 more days to lynch scum, and 3 suspects currently stand out to me.
E
ach of them for the same kind of reasoning, which might be linked to my pretty clear distaste for inactivity but '
A
h well' let's get onto the list. (Oh hey this is Bu's 3 suspects too. That's weird huh)
VOTE: TIAM
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (isolation #42) » Mon May 28, 2018 9:56 pm

Post by ByronVilla »

I trusted your claim enough, I didn't think that scum would make that claim and risk losing it all D3. TIAM and Hopkirk I both hit due to them being in the nice middle area between towny and scummy, and usually my gut leads me to think there's one scum there.
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (isolation #43) » Mon May 28, 2018 9:59 pm

Post by ByronVilla »

And if they weren't scum and actually were a VT, then bonus points as I can just confirm a town.
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (isolation #44) » Mon May 28, 2018 10:44 pm

Post by ByronVilla »

Ideally I want to wait for a response but at this point he's so scummy that idk if it's worth
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (isolation #45) » Mon May 28, 2018 10:59 pm

Post by ByronVilla »

In post 631, Hopkirk wrote:Backup, now o-vig.
Well hammer when lunch
What are you saying here? This makes like no sense to me lol
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (isolation #46) » Mon May 28, 2018 11:25 pm

Post by ByronVilla »

I honestly don't know if I played this game great or awful, although I haven't played in 3 years so I'd say with that length of a break I did pretty well (that's if the game is over as we're saying it is)
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (isolation #47) » Tue May 29, 2018 12:32 am

Post by ByronVilla »

I guess we just wait now..?
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (isolation #48) » Tue May 29, 2018 9:22 am

Post by ByronVilla »

I waited until I knew you and Hopkirk's claim, and then I claimed. Why would I claim before I could get a claim out of you or Hopkirk? That would just give you guys a free pass to make up your own claim based on the fact I know you're both not Vanilla Town. There was absolutely no reason for me to claim sooner.
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (isolation #49) » Tue May 29, 2018 9:27 am

Post by ByronVilla »

In post 651, TwoInAMillion wrote:I don't know what's in his head. There are a lot of people more suspicious than me that he could have investigated so the fact that he conviniently investigated me the night before I claim should tell you something as well.
Didn't you have the 2nd largest wagon D2? That would put you as the most suspicious coming into that night no?
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (isolation #50) » Tue May 29, 2018 7:01 pm

Post by ByronVilla »

Yeah thanks for the mod Archwing, those pictures that came with the votes were really cool :D

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”