How much commitment do we require?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Thu May 31, 2018 11:49 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 1, Korts wrote:This is a worthwhile discussion and I will be following along. I don't really have much of an idea as to how to answer this, as I haven't been able to find a personal balance myself in recent years.
I thought the point of the Geriatric Style was in recognition that some players had less time commitment and therefore would enjoy games where people wouldn't be posting so often as to create pages of backlogs of material to sort through a day?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Thu May 31, 2018 11:58 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 7, AnonymousGhost wrote:@Kublai - MathDino summed it up in the Geriatric ruleset discussion thread. Open 715 - the most recent finished/completed Geriatric game - was riddled with lurking from the town. Two out of three of the scum - myself included - were the highest posters in the game.
That's the fault of the town posters, not the ruleset.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9 (isolation #2) » Thu May 31, 2018 12:04 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 8, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 7, AnonymousGhost wrote:@Kublai - MathDino summed it up in the Geriatric ruleset discussion thread. Open 715 - the most recent finished/completed Geriatric game - was riddled with lurking from the town. Two out of three of the scum - myself included - were the highest posters in the game.
That's the fault of the town posters, not the ruleset.
I mean.. If the ruleset wasn't there, would the town have been more active? How?

We'd need an exit interview of the lurkers. Did they lurk because they didn't have the time to play the game? Did the ruleset make the game less engaging? Did they just lack the ability to scumhunt and just waited for scum to make mistakes?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated

Return to “Mafia Discussion”