northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 10:19 am

Post by northsidegal »

i don't think things are even that complicated in this game in the first place?

like, are there any
really contentious
slots that people strongly disagree over? because i feel like there's a general consensus on the townier players and the scummier players and so i wonder how much there really is to discuss outside of talking more about my own wagon.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 10:22 am

Post by northsidegal »

i guess my primary scumreads are TGP and hewhoswims?

TGP mainly because i think he's better than making the "so you expect us to sheep you" comment (and i think him being good/bad is AI), and hewhosims because i think he's something of a "wisdom of the crowd" read where if he gets consensus scumread he's likely scum but if he gets consensus townread he's probably just town. (obviously that reasoning wouldn't work for myself in isolation, but in the context of a larger game i think it's valid, and would be valid for certain other pople as well)

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 10:35 am

Post by northsidegal »

also i think it is probably +random that scum would be defending me rather than joining my wagon?

that's not to speak about any specific person, but just more that scum, knowing that i'm town, would be less inclined to join my wagon likely knowing that it'll disappear at some point (this is assuming that scum know who i am, which i think is a reasonable assumption?), whereas someone who's uninformed would be more likely to come to the conclusions that, say, archwing has.

things fall apart
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 10:55 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

oh you were in scientific
i was wondering where i had played with you north
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 10:59 am

Post by northsidegal »

eh, i was "in" that game

things fall apart
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 11:04 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

yeah that probably is not the best representation of either of our games
town pulled through that game
and i sat back and tracked a claimed pr
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 11:41 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 848, northsidegal wrote:
In post 843, MathBlade wrote:I have seen town!NSG and scum!NSG and they play remarkably similar.
what?
Yes. Without alt outing one of your alts I can’t explain it but yes I have. I was the moderator.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 11:43 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 850, northsidegal wrote:i don't think things are even that complicated in this game in the first place?

like, are there any
really contentious
slots that people strongly disagree over? because i feel like there's a general consensus on the townier players and the scummier players and so i wonder how much there really is to discuss outside of talking more about my own wagon.
I am thinking Luna is scum simply from the lack of activity. One of the heads of Luna if I am right likes to be a bullhorn as town and is quieter as scum. Combined with two other heads not being here I think Luna is probably scum. Some people townread the Luna hydra if memory serves.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 11:48 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 852, northsidegal wrote:also i think it is probably +random that scum would be defending me rather than joining my wagon?

that's not to speak about any specific person, but just more that scum, knowing that i'm town, would be less inclined to join my wagon likely knowing that it'll disappear at some point (this is assuming that scum know who i am, which i think is a reasonable assumption?), whereas someone who's uninformed would be more likely to come to the conclusions that, say, archwing has.
Uhmmm just no. Even if you are town which these last few posts leave me doubting.
Following that conclusion out that would mean scum would defend every wagon against town and be hard bussing all the time.

Scum also need to mislynch. If every wagon on town disappeared every game would be a town sweep.

Without information and knowing who is scum and who is town or at least some motivations statements like that are very likely to be wrong.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 11:52 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 851, northsidegal wrote:i guess my primary scumreads are TGP and hewhoswims?

TGP mainly because i think he's better than making the "so you expect us to sheep you" comment (and i think him being good/bad is AI), and hewhosims because i think he's something of a "wisdom of the crowd" read where if he gets consensus scumread he's likely scum but if he gets consensus townread he's probably just town. (obviously that reasoning wouldn't work for myself in isolation, but in the context of a larger game i think it's valid, and would be valid for certain other pople as well)
Convince me you’re town. I really dislike you’re “people will just back off me”. It’s terribad.

It looks like a majority of your posting is recycled thoughts.

VOTE: northsidegal
GTKAS -- MathBlade
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by mastina »

Flavor
"Maybe taking a break to eat will help us find answers?"

"You're just saying that because you're hungry."

"Well, yes, but there's science behind it. I read it in an article online once, so it must be true."

"We could use that time to analyze who's not pulling their weight in the discussion, too."

"Wait, that's backwards. I know for a fact I'm not strong enough to pull my own weight; surely only a wolf could."

"Agreed, we should be looking for people
capable
of pulling their own weight; that is a more reliable indicator of who's a wolf."

"...You know, I'm not even going to bother arguing with that."

"I still think we need to focus more."

"What if we focused on you?"

"Then I'd think we'd need to focus more on someone else."

"Sounds fair."

"WOLF!"

"...Seems fair."

"Maybe not a wolf then."

"We need to do more, not less, in my opinion."

"Well that mindset has led to more, not less suspects."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"Nah, couldn't go wrong."

Votecount 1-11 (011) Simple
northsidegal - 6 (ArcAngel9, RadiantCowbells, Creature, hebichan, Archwing, MathBlade)

TheGoldenParadox - 3 (Vecna, northsidegal, CheekyTeeky)

Luna Nova - 2 (Aronis, Theta Alpine)
Theta Alpine - 1 (Yuurei)
MathBlade - 1 (Luna Nova)
RadiantCowbells - 1 (TheGoldenParadox)
Yuurei - 1 (Keychain)

Not Voting - 3 (HeWhoSwims, Definition, Almost50)

Mod Notes
  • mastina, the moderator, is V/LA over weekends.
  • mastina will generate a more advanced votecount if she has the capacity to give it. No promises!
Last edited by mastina on Thu May 31, 2018 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 857, MathBlade wrote:
In post 850, northsidegal wrote:i don't think things are even that complicated in this game in the first place?

like, are there any
really contentious
I am thinking Luna is scum simply from the lack of activity. One of the heads of Luna if I am right likes to be a bullhorn as town and is quieter as scum. Combined with two other heads not being here I think Luna is probably scum. Some people townread the Luna hydra if memory serves.
do you really think it's the best idea to try to be meta reading a secret alt

on top of the first layer of whether or not your meta read is correct in the first place you're also adding a layer of being right about who the person even is that you're meta-ing
In post 858, MathBlade wrote:
In post 852, northsidegal wrote:also i think it is probably +random that scum would be defending me rather than joining my wagon?

Uhmmm just no. Even if you are town which these last few posts leave me doubting.
Following that conclusion out that would mean scum would defend every wagon against town and be hard bussing all the time.

Scum also need to mislynch. If every wagon on town disappeared every game would be a town sweep.

Without information and knowing who is scum and who is town or at least some motivations statements like that are very likely to be wrong.
i think i was fairly unambiguous in that i was talking about myself specifically, not in general.
In post 859, MathBlade wrote:
In post 851, northsidegal wrote:i guess my primary scumreads are TGP and hewhoswims?

Convince me you’re town. I really dislike you’re “people will just back off me”. It’s terribad.

how is it "terribad"?

what do you mean "recycled thoughts"?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 1:00 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 856, MathBlade wrote:
In post 843, MathBlade wrote:I have seen town!NSG and scum!NSG and they play remarkably similar.
what?
Yes. Without alt outing one of your alts I can’t explain it but yes I have. I was the moderator.
you've never moderated a game that i've been scum in, alt or otherwise. where are you getting that impression from?

things fall apart
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 1:06 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 861, northsidegal wrote:
In post 857, MathBlade wrote:

like, are there any
really contentious
do you really think it's the best idea to try to be meta reading a secret alt

Considering Luna is a 3 headed hydra I feel that them having some level of activity is warranted. As for you, you have alted yes but some things remain consistent between this account and your altI am not as convinced as some of the others seem to be of the meta reads on you but I am definitely not excluding you scum.

on top of the first layer of whether or not your meta read is correct in the first place you're also adding a layer of being right about who the person even is that you're meta-ing

Again, Luna is a three headed alt. I intentionally remained silent most of today and the Luna spot has done nothing. Even if I am wrong on Ursula head, the other heads should be doing
something

In post 858, MathBlade wrote:

i think i was fairly unambiguous in that i was talking about myself specifically, not in general.
Uhmmm no. You weren’t. And even if you were the argument still doesn’t apply far as I can tell. If I can swap your name for mine in the player list and reach the same result without needing to analyze our similarities and differences it’s inherently a bad argument.

In post 859, MathBlade wrote:

how is it "terribad"?

what do you mean "recycled thoughts"?
This needs its own post
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 862, northsidegal wrote:
what?
you've never moderated a game that i've been scum in, alt or otherwise. where are you getting that impression from?
Coulda sworn it is my first votecounter games or around that time *double checks*
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 1:10 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 864, MathBlade wrote:
In post 862, northsidegal wrote:
what?
Coulda sworn it is my first votecounter games or around that time *double checks*
My bad I am an old foagie there was a game I replaced into where your slot was lynched d1 for starters.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 1:12 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 863, MathBlade wrote:Uhmmm no. You weren’t. And even if you were the argument still doesn’t apply far as I can tell. If I can swap your name for mine in the player list and reach the same result without needing to analyze our similarities and differences it’s inherently a bad argument.
first of all, it's not an "argument" in the first place - it's something that i think could be possible based on my expectations of what scum would and wouldn't do and how they would interact with me. yes, it absolutely does depend on the person, and no - saying that scum may be more likely to be not just following along on a wagon is not an "inherently bad argument", it's something that's empirically verifiable. that's not to say that it happens every game - like i said,
it depends on the person.
for my case, i imagine that scum would be more likely to defend me rather than hop on my wagon (at least, in the early stages). this is something that i can claim based on previous experience from how scum have interacted with a wagon on me in the past.

i have no idea what you're even attempting to accomplish here.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 865, MathBlade wrote:My bad I am an old foagie there was a game I replaced into where your slot was lynched d1 for starters.
what game specifically? because from cross-referencing games i was lynched day 1 (very few) and games you've been in i didn't turn anything up.

things fall apart
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 1:17 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 866, northsidegal wrote:
In post 863, MathBlade wrote:Uhmmm no. You weren’t. And even if you were the argument still doesn’t apply far as I can tell. If I can swap your name for mine in the player list and reach the same result without needing to analyze our similarities and differences it’s inherently a bad argument.
first of all, it's not an "argument" in the first place - it's something that i think could be possible based on my expectations of what scum would and wouldn't do and how they would interact with me. yes, it absolutely does depend on the person, and no - saying that scum may be more likely to be not just following along on a wagon is not an "inherently bad argument", it's something that's empirically verifiable. that's not to say that it happens every game - like i said,
it depends on the person.
for my case, i imagine that scum would be more likely to defend me rather than hop on my wagon (at least, in the early stages). this is something that i can claim based on previous experience from how scum have interacted with a wagon on me in the past.

i have no idea what you're even attempting to accomplish here.
I am demonstrating your “point” “argument” or whatever you want to call it that scum would back off you is just bad.

Furthermore by mentioning it if you are town you are in effect going to end up bringing scum to your wagon not away from it. And unless a pattern is predictable a good majority of the time, it’s not relevant for this scenario and is just wifom.

My point in bringing this up is trying to show that
A) if you’re town this is a bad thing to do. It’s like “look at this self meta” if anyone cared they would already be doing it and it torpedoes any sort of wagon analysis
B) if you’re scum it serves to try to sow seeds of doubt so I would look for a busser on your wagon.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 1:17 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 867, northsidegal wrote:
In post 865, MathBlade wrote:My bad I am an old foagie there was a game I replaced into where your slot was lynched d1 for starters.
what game specifically? because from cross-referencing games i was lynched day 1 (very few) and games you've been in i didn't turn anything up.
I have to out your alt.

Do I have permission?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 73, Vecna wrote:Yeah he is indeed........

Maybe the classic scummove, where you perceive to have been pushed for valid reasons and your hand feels caught in the cooky jar? :) Hence assigning way too much instant-towncred because you fail to look at it from the other potential reasoning for doing what he did.
For example,

A lot of arguments have been brought up that TGP’s earlier posts calling me obvTown were bad. Your argument for the TGP read is that he has bad skill. (Which is in effect a rehashing of precious points)
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 500, mastina wrote:
Flavor
"You know, if we really want time to have fun and celebrate, we should do this as rapidly as possible."

"What do you have in mind?"

"The moment momentum picks up, regardless of possible defenses against the lynch, we go through with it anyway."

"I had a thought even more specific than that."

"Do tell."

"The moment someone's close to having the support we need, I just knock them out with a hammer to the head."

"Wow, that's..."

"...Actually not a bad plan."

"It's really good advice."

"Just make sure we don't drag someone into a wagon we don't really want dead."

"Have any ideas for who'd be ineligible?"

"Well, me, of course."

"Anyone else?"

"No, you all annoy me."

Votecount 1-5 (005) Simple
HeWhoSwims - 4 (hebichan, CheekyTeeky, Archwing, Vecna)

Luna Nova - 4 (Aronis, MathBlade, Theta Alpine, RadiantCowbells)

Keychain - 1 (northsidegal)
MathBlade - 1 (Luna Nova)
Theta Alpine - 1 (Yuurei)
northsidegal - 1 (ArcAngel9)

Not Voting - 6 (HeWhoSwims, Definition, TheGoldenParadox, Creature, Keychain, Almost50)

Mod Notes
  • mastina, the moderator, is V/LA over weekends.
  • mastina will generate a more advanced votecount if she has the capacity to give it. No promises!
And here and for a good long while hewhoswims was a majority wagon and (will double check later) I think some also off it were like “maybe swims”.

If you think swims is that kind of person why not join the wagon? And if you think Swims is a majority read why not push that harder? I don’t understand your point and lack of followthru and therefore it strikes me as terribad
GTKAS -- MathBlade
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 868, MathBlade wrote:I am demonstrating your “point” “argument” or whatever you want to call it that scum would back off you is just bad.
You haven't "demonstrated" anything. You've just said that i'm wrong.
Furthermore by mentioning it if you are town you are in effect going to end up bringing scum to your wagon not away from it. And unless a pattern is predictable a good majority of the time, it’s not relevant for this scenario and is just wifom.

My point in bringing this up is trying to show that
A) if you’re town this is a bad thing to do. It’s like “look at this self meta” if anyone cared they would already be doing it and it torpedoes any sort of wagon analysis
B) if you’re scum it serves to try to sow seeds of doubt so I would look for a busser on your wagon.
how does just the fact that (according to you) mentioning it would bring scum to my wagon make it "a bad thing to do" if i'm using the thought to look at how scum would be interacting with my wagon?

i could get it if your point was that i'm not being specific enough - otherwise, i fail to see what's "terribad" about it, as you said.

i mean, really - mentioning how i think scum are interacting with my wagon is "terribad"? that's ridiculous.

(by the way, you're utterly wrong on self-meta. it's not even an argument - i can literally
prove
you wrong.)

things fall apart
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by mastina »

I'm pretty sure this is within acceptable bumping range for a pagetop.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by mastina »

(Still is a little bit of a cheap trick tho.)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”