Does the clique meta affect games?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
TPFKAP
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Thu May 31, 2018 5:31 pm

Post by TPFKAP »

In post 6, the worst wrote:Ill worded but there's definitely a similar effect

I'm categorically less likely to townread a capable player who I haven't played with much (lack of a 'feel' for their playstyle / idea of their ability as scum) honestly.

Fmpov I don't think it's an issue of specifically wanting to play within cliques--probably more so lower level of confidence in playing to wincon with unknown factors around

Happy for people to shoot me down here. :P just doin some stimulatin

well done.

Can you tell me a story about a "capable player" who you played with? What made them stand out in your mind as capable?
TPFKAP
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Thu May 31, 2018 5:35 pm

Post by TPFKAP »

In post 12, Nero Cain wrote:I have literally seen things like "I don't want to argue with them because it will ruin my friendship" and "I don't want to lynch them since I like them" of course that could also just be things that scum say....

Being likable and friendly are good ways to not get lynched. We are only human so a players status with another player will affect how we read/interact said slot. Of course, there's the hubris effect where one says they can read a slot b/c they know the person. But I think if you are not lynching players just b/c they are your friends then its playing against your wincon (if you are town)
Yeah I totally agree. I would add that there is also hubris about the idea of "status" itself.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”