False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:43 pm

Post by mastina »

Flavor
"This is going to be fun."

"'Going to'? Why isn't it already?"

"Because I haven't gotten my cathartic therapy from hitting someone over the head with a hammer."

"But we're no closer to having a consensus than earlier."

"I think we're making progress; I anticipate the fun starting soon."

"So, we're lynching the most horrible person among us?"

"When was that agreed?"

"Just now."

"Eh, sounds reasonable enough."

"WOLF!"

"Seems reasonable enough."

"Darn."

"Yeah, I think this plan is perfect."

"So who's the most horrible person, exactly?"

"I think people who're annoying are horrible."

"That's a good measurement! Let's just lynch the people who're annoying, because that will be getting rid of the most horrible people!"

"YEAH!"

"Agreed!"

"This plan is foolproof!"

"...This is a mess almost not worth solving."

"What do you want to do, then?"

"I said
almost
. I say we solve it."

"How do we do that?"

"I say I have it solved, and everyone just follows me."

Votecount 1-18 (018) Simple
Luna Nova - 4 (Aronis, RadiantCowbells, CheekyTeeky, hebichan)

TheGoldenParadox - 3 (Vecna, northsidegal, Creature)

northsidegal - 2 (ArcAngel9, TheGoldenParadox)
RadiantCowbells - 1 (Luna Nova)
Theta Alpine - 1 (Yuurei)
Yuurei - 1 (Keychain)
Definition - 1 (Theta Alpine)

Not Voting - 5 (HeWhoSwims, Definition, Almost50, MathBlade, Archwing)

Mod Notes
  • mastina, the moderator, is V/LA over weekends.
  • Definition is being replaced.
  • ArcAngel9 has been prodded. She has this long to produce content: (expired on 2018-06-04 22:39:52).
  • HeWhoSwims has been prodded. He has this long to produce content: (expired on 2018-06-04 22:42:09).
  • mastina will generate a more advanced votecount if she has the capacity to give it. No promises!
Last edited by mastina on Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:03 pm

Post by mastina »

<<< Ankamius replaced Definition effective upon her posting. >>>
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Hey all

I'll do my best to get caught up ASAP (by which I mean starting tomorrow as I'm heading to bed now). I'll try to post updates or other stuff in the meantime as I get to stuff that I want more information on.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Speaking of which, is this hydra one that's worth trying to get a read on?
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:21 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

alright i think i might actually be able to read you so UNVOTE:

i do not agree with some of the reasoning for luna being scum
the imo thing for one is explained by the fact that luna is a hydra
as in that heads opinion
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:33 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 1021, Luna Nova wrote:I am taking that completely out of context but that doesn’t change the fact that the guilty is still faked imo.
so from the other heads' opinions the guilty could be real?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:15 pm

Post by Keychain »

Welcome Ankamius! I do think the hydra is worth trying to get a read on.

In post 1028, RadiantCowbells wrote:scumread then, key?

you're welcome to keep it to yourself :]
Huh, maybe I'm being too subtle.
You asked me to join this game, so I'm trying to get you to interact with me in ways that don't feel flat and dead :]

Almost50 wrote:
In post 1035, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 1034, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1021, Luna Nova wrote:I am taking that completely out of context but that doesn’t change the fact that the guilty is still faked imo.
An invitation to play in my first tailored setup (in something between a month and century from now) to whomever tells me what I think is wrong with this post.
for the record this reaction is the huge thing that everything else follows from: if they were town (regardless of read on me) there's no reason to argue that the guilty is fake.
arguing that the guilty is fake is hedging for a universe in which it's real imo, particularly given the choice of quotes to pull.
Close, but not quite. I can see a townie who knows they're town to argue against the guilty being guilty. I just don't see them adding "imo" at the end of it. On other words "the guilty is still faked" is the way a townie would phrase it because they know it's a fact. "the guilty is still faked
imo
" show doubt in their own alignment.

Conclusion: My vote is on Luna in spirit, but I still want Definition to get replaced and TALK before we end the day.
I don't really agree. I think that for some people adding "imo" is more of a habit than anything meaningful.
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:17 pm

In post 1056, Keychain wrote:Huh, maybe I'm being too subtle.
You asked me to join this game, so I'm trying to get you to interact with me in ways that don't feel flat and dead
This game makes me feel flat and dead, sorry. I feel a lot more enthusiastic about it now!
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:18 pm

(I also disagree with the imo read, but I think the sheer fact that they felt the need to argue that my guilty was fake shows that they're scum)
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:20 pm

What do you think of what I've said about Luna as opposed to what A50 did?
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:25 pm

Post by Keychain »

To be honest I started skimming. I'll go back and read now.

In the meantime, I want to hear about your other reads. For example, it looks like you've locktowned North (at what point did that happen?). Do you have other strong townreads? I'd probably guess hebi is one.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:32 pm

I'm town
Creature is playing his town game, i'm sure someone will figure out later if he's scum when he stops playing
NSG is town, it's hard to point to a specific post where that read changed but it's moreso that on the whole she is playing her town game and I've never seen her come close to playing it
if I have to call one thing it's how casually she assumed that I would be townread her in the 'oh RC is here I can go back to not talking to math' comment
Vecna the way that he engaged with me and others earlier in the game felt super town, I wouldn't say he's literally never scum but I do think pretty strongly that he's town
Hebi I think a lot of people have talked about, yes town
A50 hard to explain but trust me on it

I would put you as significantly more likely to be town than scum based off of the things in the game that you've chosen to engage with
Cheeky i'm also heavily leaning town but there's nothing in this game that I can say is always her town game

not giving a read on mathblade

everyone else is null or below it
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:38 pm

How was your day?
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:40 pm

Post by Keychain »

It was reasonably uneventful. I'm a bit under the weather. But long weekend means tomorrow off so that's good. How was yours?

Yay, thanks for reads. I'm more iffy on hebi after .

If by what you've said about Luna you mean pushing the "it's fake" angle, I don't think it's particularly unexpected that a town slot having a guilty claimed on them by someone they scumread would take that approach.

However yes, pulling that particular quote was ???. Like, from what I understand it shows you've fakeclaimed daycop guilties before as scum, but that doesn't really have any application here except to rile you up.
But
on the other hand - why would they then acknowledge it's completely out of context?

I think the scummiest thing is probably going and finding a quote to try back up why the guilty is fake, but I don't think it's that unlikely to come from town.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:48 pm

Post by Aronis »

mastina, is a pagetop considered game content?

<<< Answered in . >>>
Last edited by mastina on Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:49 pm

Aww I'm sorry. I've had a really bad headache most of the day, hasn't been the best necessarily.
If by what you've said about Luna you mean pushing the "it's fake" angle, I don't think it's particularly unexpected that a town slot having a guilty claimed on them by someone they scumread would take that approach.
Here's the thing though: they pulled up the quote to make the argument that, as scum, I would do this with the explicit intent of retracting the claim (discredits the claim)
but also argued just in general that the guilty was fake. I don't think as town they ever take the approach of 'arguing' that my guilty is ever fake in that manner.
Unless they thought I was going to go through with it, but in the comparison they even used it was meant to imply that I did it as a reaction test, just as scum pretending to be town.

And yes that's the problem to me, that they felt the need to go into that time to argue the guilty was fake. I don't think town feels the need to 'prove' that the guilty is fake given that there's no endgame there, in the worst case they'd be trading 1 for 1 as scum. But I think as scum they simultaneously believe the guilty is fake and argue with it but are still worried and feel the need to prove to everyone else that the guilty is fake as well. I don't think it's an approach that they would take as town.

I don't know what your read on me is, I assumed based on the flat comment that you thought I was scum, do you agree that it's pretty strange that all 3 heads came up with independent scumreads on me that are all based off of really lazy reasoning when as far as I know no one else besides Creature (who always scumreads me as town) thinks that I'm scum?

because that felt really forced to me.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:09 pm

Post by Keychain »

Ugh, headaches :( Water, sleep? Particularly that second one.
RadiantCowbells wrote: Here's the thing though:
they pulled up the quote to make the argument that, as scum, I would do this with the explicit intent of retracting the claim (discredits the claim)

but also argued just in general that the guilty was fake. I don't think as town they ever take the approach of 'arguing' that my guilty is ever fake in that manner.
Unless they thought I was going to go through with it,
but in the comparison they even used it was meant to imply that I did it as a reaction test, just as scum pretending to be town.
I'm rereading their ISO and I'm not sure where the bolded parts of your interpretation of what they meant is coming from, given Diana said that the daycop was fake
but NAI
in .
In post 1065, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't know what your read on me is, I assumed based on the flat comment that you thought I was scum, do you agree that it's pretty strange that all 3 heads came up with independent scumreads on me that are all based off of really lazy reasoning when as far as I know no one else besides Creature (who always scumreads me as town) thinks that I'm scum?

because that felt really forced to me.
And Yuurei, I think.

No, I don't find it strange that a hydra is sharing reads. Ursula scumread you initially. Then Diana joined in and explicitly stated that she'd talked to the other heads, so not an independent scumread. I think was the nameless head. That was fairly scummy I agree.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:17 pm

The comparison they made to the MTC game involved comparing a scum gambit that I intended to retract to my town gambit here: if they were town thinking I was scum they should expect me to retract.
And come on you have like 2/17 odds of coming up with a scumread on me and it just so happens that the 3 of them all come up with scumreads on me? Let's dig into the reasons even.

Ursula scumread me for voting them because they were voting me, something I've been known to do as town and that I know for a fact that they know. On top of that I think as far as they're aware I haven't done it as scum. They also called me out for being pockety while knowing that's how I play town, so at worst NAI. All reasons are bad.

Diana's scumread on me also doesn't make sense
This does not come from a town mindset at all. This is not a case of too scummy to be scum it’s scum making an agenda known and actively pushing on town like us. The amount of buddying is also strange my hydra partners have told me Doctor Bells likes to take control of the game as town and he is not doing that here. I believe Professor Cowbells is my top wolfread at the moment.
like taking control of the game is usually a descriptor used for my scum game, not my town one. I take control of town
on occasion
as town, I try to never let go of the reins as scum. Buddying also NAI. she's also trying to tie a whole bunch of reads to my flip in ways that feel really forced wrt the bussing thing and the hebi read which is ick.

then obviously viewtopic.php?p=10224120#p10224120

all of them are really, really bad scumreads on me and I know at least one of the heads should know better.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:27 pm

(I also have an idea of who another of the heads is even if I can't lock it in and I am 100% 100% sure they know better than to say some of the stuff they've said even if they wouldn't TR me.)

Ursula is the head i know ftr. I also have a strong guess at unnamed
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:04 pm

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Surprise I'm alive. Sorry for the inactivity.

I'd say that NSG came out on top in the NSG Math 1v1 I think her reasoning was better. Still I'm wary and the early part of her iso looks bad to me. But there are bigger fish to fry

I still think TGP is barely helping the game. Also I don't agree with NSG being scum with TGP necessarily because she didn't vote TGP; at this point I think scum would join there as it's easy

Beautiful definitely came out on top of the argument with the hydra. A50 has a good point and the imo is pretty damning

Allow me to try and look back some more
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:27 pm

Post by hebichan »

I feel like at least some of the townreads on me early on mighy have been scum buddying, but not sure which yet.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:28 pm

I have a fairly good guess as to one.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:30 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1064, Aronis wrote:
mastina, is a pagetop considered game content?
<<< No. >>>
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:30 pm

yeah
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:30 pm

well

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”