Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Tue May 01, 2018 2:45 pm

Post by Taly »

Ugh, 2 town deaths already? What the fuck

To avoid mindless killing that really does not serve anything but to create WIFOM; I suggest we all vote normally as if we were to lynch people.

After a certain amount of time, like a week, or if a person(s) acquires a certain vote threshold (close to majority or majority), we can use our daykills on a pool of people where there is a strong consensus on who is scum.

This gives much more information to the town, and strengthens the ability for town to communicate.

Plus the shitstorm of killing without anybody truly being able to play the game is frustrating and generates apathy. -_-

I'll create a vote count.

VOTE: Eddie Cane
1)
Why did you just automatically shoot someone? :igmeou: Was the
Ramcius
shot seriously based off being VLA?

Same goes for you too,
Cheeky

Vote Count 1.1
Eddie Cane (1)
- Taly

May 1st, 8:45 PM Central Time
(I don't know how to accurately make a timer for countdowns :facepalm: )

But May 8th, 8:45 PM Central Time could be our deadline for shooting those who are wagoned/widely scumread.

*This date is not set in stone yet*

With 39 people; the majority vote is 20.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Tue May 01, 2018 2:52 pm

Post by Taly »

Chickadee
and
Varsoon
are giving me townvibes.

I like that they're taking a pause before creating a line of chaos for no stated reasoning.

I encourage voting as if it were RVS, or at the very least, if people are serious on a read.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Tue May 01, 2018 3:22 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 18, Sando wrote:
In post 16, Taly wrote:To avoid mindless killing that really does not serve anything but to create WIFOM; I suggest we all vote normally as if we were to lynch people.
Using your shot early means you're no longer a threat that day and thus not going to get shot, given there's no alliances set up yet.

That said, anyone who shoots Taly gets shot by me, so yeah you'd best shoot me first peeps.
I don't see the point in alliances because I don't think there's any 3p in the setup. Townblocs are a more effective approach here.

And having a shot doesn't mean you're a threat; as long as you're actually devoting a reason behind your shot and not doing it for shits and giggles.
In post 20, Vaxkiller wrote:But i so want to shoot taly for the lulz
Shooting me is just going to lower the threshold of town deaths that scum needs to win.

If you want to get the ball rolling, put up a vote or reads.

P-Edit

Sando wrote:@Taly, let's make a townbloc mmmk.

You state you'll shoot anyone that shoots me, I've stated I'm shooting your shooter. As people join townbloc we create a circle of protection via mutually assured destruction. People without a shot left can't join, since they can't "protect" anyone else.

Keen?
Let me make sure of how this plays out-

We protect each other by shooting who shoots us.
People who don't join the townbloc and wavelength with the protection won't be apart of this.

My biggest worry is, how would we have a strong idea someone is town who assures protection/a shot against a shooter? It's a bit early to form reads.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Tue May 01, 2018 3:29 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 26, Eddie Cane wrote:ari was obv town

then cheeky shot them

ergo, cheeky is scum

taly ignored that and attacked me

ergo, taly is the partner

sando hard buddied taly

ergo, sando is part of a different scum team

ive caught most of the scum and its page 2 what are the rest of you doing for your win conditions
:igmeou: Reread my first post. I posed the same question to
Cheeky
about his shot. I voted to see your reaction and I think that scum would be very quick to shoot in this game. You don't seem to be taking this seriously that much, and building associatives/dichotomies are not helping.
Almost50 wrote:@Taly:
In post 1, xyzzy wrote:if one week passes without any kills, the day will end.
oh :facepalm:

5 days then? That'll less likely prevent people getting bored and fruitless discussion to commence.

Also, do you have any thoughts regarding the posting playerlist so far?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (isolation #4) » Tue May 01, 2018 3:35 pm

Post by Taly »

Circular protection might be easier to document moreso than votes, but I still want people pushing their town and scumreads as if we were thinking about someone to lynch.

That'll keep town in cohesion.

Sando
strikes me as town, this is a bit weak but it's based off first impressions. He's engaging constructively, and while I'm still pondering the circular protection strategy, I do not want him to be shot.

I'm trying to prevent people from daykilling without thinking. I don't see how that benefits town.
Almost50 wrote:
In post 34, Taly wrote:Also, do you have any thoughts regarding the posting playerlist so far?
Not yet. All I have is contradicting possibilities/theories, so I'm staying put. You're doing great with the idea of voting instead of shooting though.
:/ I just wished people were actually voting though. At least to entertain how effective this strategy is, because I think it's very valid.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #50 (isolation #5) » Tue May 01, 2018 3:41 pm

Post by Taly »

Ankamius

What are your thoughts on
Eddie Cane
?
Srceenplay wrote:
In post 39, Taly wrote:I just wished people were actually voting though. At least to entertain how effective this strategy is, because I think it's very valid.
You have to thin out the crowd first.
To what degree, and what warrants someone being killed early like this?
Sando wrote:
In post 39, Taly wrote:Circular protection might be easier to document moreso than votes, but I still want people pushing their town and scumreads as if we were thinking about someone to lynch.
Votes is fine to scumhunt, the protection strategy is just to impose some controls on the randomness, it has nothing to do with scum vs town, other than town preferring order while scum prefer chaos.
I see your point. I'm trying to visualize all of this in my head on a structured, helpful approach.

Where would your vote go right now?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (isolation #6) » Tue May 01, 2018 3:55 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 52, Ankamius wrote:Eddie's right that Cheeky's Ari shot was really scummy, so I already feel townish on him.
Ehh... I like that he used his shot to form reads, but I don't think shooting randomly helps town at all, and I don't think he's working for town to congeal at the moment. I want him to respond to me more before I have a more solid read.
In post 53, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 50, Taly wrote:To what degree, and what warrants someone being killed early like this?
Eddie said they are scum.
So a sheep?

I'm guessing
Cheeky's
flip will give you more insight into
Eddie's
alignment?
In post 54, Sando wrote:
In post 50, Taly wrote:Where would your vote go right now?
Anyone shooting this early is playing against town, so one of them. The longer we go the more egregious the "random" shots are, so basically whoever shot last.
Could you place the vote then, and ask questions? I'll make another VC tomorrow and document it.

~~~

On another note, I'm going to unplug from Mafia for the night. It's a bit late for me, and I have some exams to study a bit for.

Also, I'm trying this thing where I don't wallpost as much as usual, but I do post more frequently so people have a better understanding of my viewpoint. Wallposts will happen when I return to the thread and there's +10 more pages because of the playerlist size. XD

Ankamius
gives me good feels for taking my voting idea into account. :D Same for
Almost50
and
TheBrie
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (isolation #7) » Wed May 02, 2018 1:44 am

Post by Taly »

Cool.

I wake up to see shots fired and quite a few people NOT following an ordered strategy, and all 6 of the people killed during this time flipped town.

>
There's very minimal possible reason as to why they'd be shot this early, and there's no answer better than the other for the most part. WIFOM.

*If there's anyone that has any decent argument behind the motivation of a kill; then explain it to me, because I'm failing to find reasoning behind people dying.

>
We did not get ANY valuable reads, or discussion from these killed people, because someone just shot randomly without really engaging.

Numerically, it's more difficult for town to win now since we've had plenty of townkills and very little reference over them.

Does anyone STILL want to keep "thinning the herd"? :igmeou:
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (isolation #8) » Wed May 02, 2018 1:44 am

Post by Taly »

Spoiler: Reply to Lovebird and Bins
In post 86, Lovebird wrote:Do votes even count?
Not by the mod, but I'm taking count of them so everyone can have ORDER and REFERENCES despite the playerlist size.
In post 85, Lovebird wrote:I think taly also seems like scum
:roll: Whoop-de-doo, I'm scum because?

Can you elaborate here? Also, you could place a vote, too. :igmeou:

And I'm not sure if you said this, but I'm not randomly townreading people who follow my ideas. I have a good impression of them and think that they're pro-town because they are taking a game-solve stance to this and I think that's effective.

By all means, if you have a better strategy, then say something.
In post 91, Bins wrote:taly seems pretty bad idk what youre saying
So... Is your means of play going to agree with a scumread on someone and then do nothing else? If you want worthwhile discussion, then give reasons or ask questions.

Statements like these do not improve the general perception in the game.
In post 101, Lovebird wrote:Idk. I think scum who don't want to get shot know that they have to be obvious town really quick. Or, that's what they expect they need to do, at least.
Seriously, what does being obvtown mean? I hear this thrown around so much but I don't get how people judge this on a certain criteria.

And is me putting effort into the game a reason you scumread me? Please explain. If so, where's that vote, or the questions?

In post 129, Ankamius wrote:
In post 125, Gorkington wrote:haha tricked you i was town
I was townreading you and I already know my reads suck this game so you're probably scum.
:( Ugh...
Ankamius
already died.

DO NOT DAYKILL YOUR TOWNREADS.

Spoiler: Reply to the worst
In post 147, the worst wrote:I like Taly even more now.

THEBRIE HIIII
Sando is aussie too, we should be nice to him

So far random kills seem to have come from town but I feel like Taly's method is objectively better (reads of many > reads of one, notwithstanding playstyles)
If you think my method is better, then could you give me a stronger idea of the people you'd place a vote on?
In post 148, the worst wrote:Only real downside is if Taly is deepscumming by conducting the voting agenda but eh
I'm doing the
ONLY
thing I know that would minimize pointless town deaths.

If you have a better idea on how we should go about town strategy, then I'm willing to listen.

Spoiler: Reply to Austerity
In post 152, Austerity wrote:
In post 134, Gorkington wrote:its okay i almost used my shot on myself
This is actually not as terrible of an idea as it sounds.

If someone is bound to be shot and still has a bullet, it would save the collective town a bullet.
DO NOT SHOOT YOURSELF EITHER.

Shooting yourself is EQUIVALENT to self-votes... Therefore, I strongly dislike them, and they're anti-town.

In post 153, Austerity wrote:Also I have very specific thoughts about Sando's idea but I'm keeping them to myself for now.
Or, you know... You could air those thoughts so we have a more cohesive viewpoint on what town wants to do, and what they think.

In post 155, BBmolla wrote:Someone shoot me I'm a day pgo
:facepalm:

Spoiler: Reply To Ausuka
In post 184, Ausuka wrote:
In post 16, Taly wrote:
After a certain amount of time, like a week, or if a person(s) acquires a certain vote threshold (close to majority or majority), we can use our daykills on a pool of people where there is a strong consensus on who is scum.

This gives much more information to the town, and strengthens the ability for town to communicate.
...there are 41 players. that is gonna be far more of a shitstorm than any shootfest would ever be. i'm pretty sure the majority of players in this game just joined to dayvig people.
Well, I didn't. I joined because I thought it'd be fun to investigate shit. :P Dayvigging is nice, only if it's effective.
In post 184, Ausuka wrote:
In post 16, Taly wrote: Plus the shitstorm of killing without anybody truly being able to play the game is frustrating and generates apathy. -_-
you know what's fustrating and apathy-generating? 41 players, all trying to talk at once, resulting in a massive shitfest that will probably get us nowhere anyway. another fustrating and apathy-generating thing is being told you have to solve the alignments over 30 players (i haven't kept count of how many remaining players there are) after literally being told in the invitation PM that "have you ever wanted to have like 5 people dead by the end of page 1? well, this game will give you that opportunity. have you ever wanted to blindly shoot someone in your very first post of the game? now you have the chance." like, hello? i did
not
I'm not saying to do nothing with your shots or discouraging someone to play the game; I'm telling you of what I BELIEVE is a more efficient means to approach the game in order to solve it.

Also, there's 5 days of voting prior to shooting and discussing the current wagons at that time, the game's not going to take forever time-wise and it's going to be more beneficial if it's used for discussion.

And I know it's very difficult to filter out town and scum motivation out of a big playerlist.
That's why we're discussing strategies and reads.
For references later after we acquire information through a decision that people mutually agree on.

If you have a better idea of going about it that involves less town-killing, then let me know.

~

@StefanB

What about
McMenno's
random kill on
Varsoon
?
In post 226, StefanB wrote:Creature is town, a shoot here will be answered whith a shoot back.
The same with Taly.
I want to add The Worst to the list.

The above 2 I am sure.
How do you feel about the circular protection idea?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #250 (isolation #9) » Wed May 02, 2018 1:44 am

Post by Taly »

In post 177, Varsoon wrote:I should'a shot Iconeum. :P
See.

This shit right here is another reason why random shooting is bad.

Now we CAN'T figure out why
Varsoon
believed
Iconeum
was a better shot and more likely scum.
In post 210, McMenno wrote:is varsoon not dead yet? I'm disappointed, you guys

Kill: Varsoon
UNVOTE:
VOTE: McMenno

Still waffling on
Eddie
X_X, but keeping my vote on someone is not going to help in this instance. I'm less confident in him coming from a scum POV.
In post 169, Sando wrote:
PRICKS (and sometimes WANKERS) members:
Sando
Taly
hebichan
the worst

Shooting any of these members will result in getting shot yourself.
I've given more thought to this, and seeing
Sando
make an example here gives me a better idea of how it'll work. This is a valid strategy to not only figure out people's interactions, but see their reads.

I'm hesitant to use up my shot without town solidifying on the wagons after several days, however:

As of right now, I'm unwilling to vote and shoot these people

Sando

the worst

StefanB

Creature

Chickadee

They're all working to help town bind together, and are making decent pushes to have a stronger understanding of the game.

I think we should form townblocs/protections while continuing the sentiment of voting.

Going to make another VC very soon, at least, sometime today.

May 6th is our 5-day deadline.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (isolation #10) » Wed May 02, 2018 1:59 am

Post by Taly »

Oh, I skimmed through that on preview. X_X
@StefanB

I'd rather refrain from shots further from the deadline but there are multiple people on board with the shot, as am I.

We could make the deadline less fluid, and more "when a good portion of people" are invested in seeing a shot or flip.

Also
StefanB
, what are your thoughts on
PRICKS
? (XDDD funny name)
Gammagooey wrote:heya

taly you're not going to be particularly happy with this game if you take it as seriously as you are

stefan i'll give you that 15 min, mcmenno doesn't look great but I'm shooting someone else if you don't get around to it by then unless you want to <words> about it real quick
I'm not really upset at all if that's how I'm being perceived. I tend to approach Mafia more forward and sometimes aggressively.

I do think this game is interesting, and that's kind of why I'm pushing for my stances a lot.

>
I'm feeling more confident in my
Sando
townread. He's geared to having flips gain meaning and working off of that.

~

:P I assure you I'm mentally stable,
Iconeum

Also, you said you liked my method better, where would your vote or potential shot go to?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (isolation #11) » Wed May 02, 2018 2:03 am

Post by Taly »

I see your point. X_x Showing frustration is not going to help here.

I'll keep adding to the VC and townbloc while providing my assessments of the players and engaging with questions/thoughts.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (isolation #12) » Wed May 02, 2018 2:05 am

Post by Taly »

I'm on board with both creating a townbloc via protection and voting as if we were to lynch.

That's the most structured combination of approach so far.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (isolation #13) » Wed May 02, 2018 2:18 am

Post by Taly »

McMenno
lolshot
Varsoon-Town
for no reason and now
StefanB
shot him after multiple votes were placed on him.

>
Would this rule conflict with the
"you must have a shot to be in the townbloc?"
I do think timing of kills may be AI given the nature of this game. :o

Also, I'll look into the mod's activity habits and see the best times to shoot.

I will say
xyzzy
was pretty active my time last night.
(Central time, 8 to 9 PM)
but I don't know if that's usual.
Chickadee wrote:There’s too many flips for me to keep track of what’s resolved :Dead:
Same. I've reread the pages 5 pages twice now.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (isolation #14) » Wed May 02, 2018 10:09 am

Post by Taly »

Screenplay
why do you keep insisting that everyone is town? We've been told there's multiple factions from my understanding.

~

Davsto wrote:Taly is almost trying too hard to take this seriously but I'd have to meta them to decide if that's scum trying too hard to look town or if it's just how they play
:igmeou: So creating a strategy for the town that doesn't involve random deaths is trying too hard?

Also, I'll link you my games. Wallposts, strategy, and assessments/questions are pretty normal for me. I also don't trust meta to be a deciding factor in someone's alignment, unless I've played at least 2, even 3 games with that person in the same alignment.

~

I can see scum slipping under the radar in this scenario; but I don't think a lack of posts or lurking is usually AI.

I'm a bit salty about the
McMenno-Townflip
... there's only 1/5th of the playerlist that's really paid attention to the vote scumread and townbloc strategy.
Davsto wrote:He's keeping a list and cutting down from it so that in a few days you'll see who have barely posted. In a clusterfuck like this where everyone is constantly at risk, some scum will definitely try hard to slip under the radar
This might be the second or third post I've seen of you in this game, correct me if I'm wrong.

Do you believe there's someone trying to do as little as possible? How do you feel about the remaining people that have used their shots at the moment?

~

In post 316, Bins wrote:k

Sando's list is also bad but I don't know if it's Sando that's bad about it
You're saying some things bad but you're not elaborating on that. Do you have any solid reads right now?

~

Vote Count 1.2
Screenplay
- StefanB ()

May 6th, 8:45 PM is a wagon deadline

This is the only vote on someone that's still alive...

Let me know if I've missed anything.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (isolation #15) » Wed May 02, 2018 10:12 am

Post by Taly »

Momrangal wrote:Jesusfuckingchrist

kill:Eddie

Assuming I'm still even alive. At pg 10. Was gonna abstain but he's pinging to hard
...Have you even read the thread?
Momrangal wrote:And sure, as long as someone carries one of my reads afterward ~
What are your reads, even?
Momrangal wrote:Add Brie as scum this game
...And can we do more than the random
"this is scum" and "this is town"
?

>>>

I want
Eddie
to post his last thoughts, he did have reads with him and I'm leaning more town on him, but I'm tired of the random kills, especially when that person's not even around.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #532 (isolation #16) » Thu May 03, 2018 7:05 am

Post by Taly »

Hey guys, just posting in and saying that I'm still paying attention to this game. I've been mentally drained lately and not as intensely interested in Mafia but this is situational, and not because of this game.

It's finals week for me, and after next week my brother who has been stationed in South Korea for 6 months now will be coming home. :D Coupling this with a few other things that have divided my attention, I'll still be posting at least 1-2 times daily, but I may go VLA within the next few days for a stretch of time. When I mean VLA, that doesn't mean I've completely disappeared unless I specify that I have, but that I'm busy and will have less content in my posts.

In the same breath, I'm pretty aggravated with the game state. :igmeou: I feel like there's only a margin of people going with the voting idea, and I'm getting tired of being written off as
"too helpful"
or anything along the lines of being suspected because I'm putting in
EFFORT

~

Also, someone flipping scum is not a fucking surprise. If you actually read the signup thread you'd see this:

Echo Bay Grits SEO is a game where the primary mechanic is daykilling other players. each day, each living player will have access to one kill, and the day will end when no one has a kill remaining. there will be one or more non-town factions, and at least one of those factions will have at least two players who know each others' identities. each non-town faction may have one or more traitors, here used to refer to a player who knows what faction they're a member of but not who else is a member of their faction. the non-traitor members of the non-town factions will know how many traitors their faction has. each night, each non-town faction will receive a kill to be performed by one of the non-traitor members; if they target one of their own traitors with this, that player will instead be converted to a non-traitor member. during the day, kills happen one at a time (meaning that if someone else has submitted a kill, you can't submit another one until the first role flips).
Hey
Screenplay
, now that your excuse to do nothing is no longer valid
((Even though it never was if you read the game.))

What are your reads and stances? What do you think about the people in the townbloc?

At the moment, I do see the possibility of scum having been townblocc'ed, but I generally townread the group that's in there and I don't see the huge point behind looking into the group right now when half of the living playerlist haven't really stated their positions on it.

P-Edit

Davsto wrote:Anyway here we go random yay

shoot Mom
...So you randomly shoot the person scumreading you? OK.

At least engage with the person -_- Ugh.

Mom
; are there any stronger reads you have alongside
Dav
? Or is that your most notable thought given the gamestate?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (isolation #17) » Thu May 03, 2018 7:10 am

Post by Taly »

Soon, I'm going to reread the thread and give an in depth readslist while stating the people I think is town and should not be shot. I'll also reevaluate the group of people I've listed previously.

However, I will say my strongest townreads right now are
Creature
for his activity and him looking at discussion points to gamesolve, and
Sando
, because he stuck with his protection circle idea and above him orchestrating a sense of order into the town, he used up his shot to defend his ideas. :)

Almost50
: You haven't been as vocal in this game from what I've remembered. Could you elaborate on your stance of
Sando
and I?

randomidget
: What do you think about
TW
being BP?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (isolation #18) » Thu May 03, 2018 7:31 am

Post by Taly »

What makes you second guess him?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #541 (isolation #19) » Thu May 03, 2018 7:39 am

Post by Taly »

My biggest thing is that I'd picture
Creature
being less involved or listening to the events in the game as scum.

He's noted stances on how he believes shots would most likely be used, and he also goes as far as to grant reads. He's minimizing the field of people he believes should be shot through PoE.

He's not voting or using the townbloc, but he's preventing the randomness of kills, and adding perception to the game.
In post 426, Creature wrote:Yeah, I'm gonna hold my shot.
I will say, I'd like to see him add more to his reads. But with what I stated and this quote, I don't see the point in suspecting him at the moment.

How do you feel about
the worst
Mom
?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #543 (isolation #20) » Thu May 03, 2018 7:43 am

Post by Taly »

So, was shooting
Mom
solely to test the BP claim?

I don't even know your read regarding this.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (isolation #21) » Thu May 03, 2018 10:28 am

Post by Taly »

In post 560, Srceenplay wrote:
shoot:mom

YOLO
1)
You've made no assertion at all about any of the BP claims.
2)
Thanks for ignoring me, and
Vax/TW
for being sensible, and
StefanB/Ausuka
for directing a post about you.
3)
You've already used your shot, so this is a borderline shitpost.

VOTE: Screenplay

If anyone wants a shot on
Screenplay
, I encourage votes here. I'm still pushing for the Vote Count idea even though
Sando
and
StefanB
are the only people that's recognized its existence.
Davsto wrote:
In post 543, Taly wrote:So, was shooting
Mom
solely to test the BP claim?

I don't even know your read regarding this.
No I think they're scum lmao

Hence why I got someone else to agree to shoot them after me to avoid largely wasting my bullet
Davsto wrote:Why not? Mom has been very scummy, with a lazy accusation of IIoA and then when I quite effectively put down that point it was entirely ignored and so Mom is still scumreading me despite it, random accusations of players being scum with justification either none or buzzwords, an incredibly bad kill in their first post without having even read much, etc.

The only possible defence is that killing such a potentially effective (Eddie Cane is known for being good as town I believe if Team Mafia is anything to go by) town player in the second post with no justification is too risky for scum. In my head I recognised this, and had the idea that Mom was, if scum, very likely a bulletproof - maybe it was even organised with their scumteam to kill Eddie since it could be done with much lower risk. The fact that Mom turned out to actually BP largely confirms this theory to me.

Randomidget, if you could do the honours. Or anyone really.
Mehhh.... I can see the possibility and I didn't like the shot on
Eddie
, but I'm a bit torn with
Mom

Also, I don't think it's known whether or not being BP is AI? I highly doubt it is, so I'm iffy here.

~

I'm also feeling much better about
Ausuka
after ; really detailed and I honestly feel like these types of posts are unnecessarily scarce in this game.
@Her

1)
Can you explain
TheBrie
scumread? I'm having a hard time reading multiple people in this game and I'm working to fix that.
2)
What makes you think
Bins and BBmolla
are likely town? I haven't seen a lot of content from
Bins
and I forgot
BBmolla
was playing this game...
3)
What do you think about the lurkers in general in this type of game? I agree with the idea that lurkers in this setup are more likely anti-town because it's survivalistic not to throw yourself into a fray where you could get killed.

I'm gaining a townlean on
Vaxkiller
, I do not want a shot here, they're looking beyond the surface level and I'd like him to continue his assessment of
Mom

I'm also a bit less certain about
Chickadee
after reading the past few pages, she's been present throughout this game but relatively ineffective.

Not_Mafia
also posted in other places before even daring to look at this thread. His debut post was unbelievably underwhelming.
1)
Do you have a strategy for the town to go about this gamestate, or do you agree/disagree with the ones stated? Why?
2)
Thoughts on shooters that are alive?

light_ganski's
most recent post aside from was posted on April 27th.

So I think their activity is completely NAI.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (isolation #22) » Thu May 03, 2018 10:28 am

Post by Taly »

In post 569, xyzzy wrote:
Srceenplay has already used his kill for the day, so has been ignored.
*1v1s the moderator*
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #576 (isolation #23) » Thu May 03, 2018 10:47 am

Post by Taly »

I have a good first impression
light_ganski
; there's nothing better in throwing out your thoughts than to go through the thread and actually reason your thoughts over a post. I want them to post their thoughts on the rest of the game before I solidify a read.

If they
(or anyone, honestly)
have any questions for me, then I'm willing to answer.

I work best when people give me lists of stuff to respond to.
In post 573, Davsto wrote:
In post 570, Taly wrote:Also, I don't think it's known whether or not being BP is AI? I highly doubt it is, so I'm iffy here.
Oh I don't think that BP is alignment indicative independent of other factors. It's just that it counters the main reason for discounting Mom-scum and also makes sense with their actions.

Maybe it's just sorta the fact that my theory for Mom!scum involved them being BP and they turned out BP that's making me see it as a bit of a confirmation so maybe it has the potential to be a little biased. I still think they're scummy regardless. It's just a final little bit that settles it for me yk?
Mmm... I understand how you'd come to that conclusion.
Mom
is one of the people I'm planning to take another look at. I'd rather hear about
Vax
or
Random
go into depth about their thinking toward
Mom
before any shot is fired their direction.

~

I think I've created a decent pool of people I'm townreading and would be against a shot being fired at.

Most likely tomorrow, I'll organize my thoughts more and make a refined readslist on the playerlist. Who I think is very likely town, who I think deserves more attention, and who I would personally consider shooting myself.
the worst wrote:This is spinning me out.

light_ganski juat posted a giant wallpost of death and I.....don't hate it?
Talk to me
TW
. D: Reads, gamestate, strategy;
Mom, Dav, Vax, Ausuka, Screen,
etc.?

You live on my head, so it's not hard to chat with me.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #594 (isolation #24) » Thu May 03, 2018 11:12 am

Post by Taly »

In post 578, the worst wrote:I probably don't really scumread Mom expressly off play but Davsto raises an interesting point and the devil on my shoulder tells me he's onto something. On that note--while I get he's IIOA wallposting I dont think it comes from a bad place. Its from a logical/sceptical mindset.

Vax I will not read into until he resolves his promised comments on the Momslot.
Yeah, I don't think there's enough information to discern people's alignments off of the interaction yet. I do want to see more of
Vax

I'm also curious about why
Mom
claimed BP. What do you think about BP claims?
In post 578, the worst wrote:If Ausuka was truly strongly opposed to order she woulda hipshot me SOD1 tbqh so she's town. Don't read into her being disengaged.
The worst
is one of my
best
townreads. :D Hehe, get it?

*gets tomatoes thrown at*

But real talk; I like that you're taking earlier game information and using that to strengthen reads, and to provide your own insight. I feel better about you.
In post 578, the worst wrote:Srceen would normally have a townread but the chat about him playing similar to his cultgame and not taking this game super seriously basically throws me back to null.
Screen
has given absolutely no reason for me to believe he's town. Is there anything that makes you think he's town?

Also, talk to me about
Bins and BBmolla
because they're question marks to me.
In post 578, the worst wrote:Not_Mafia is trouble. Too many people and I'm not suuuuper engaged rn
If someone's purposely lurked, I can see
Not_Mafia
doing it; but I'm withholding judgment until he creates his own.
In post 579, the worst wrote:
In post 578, the worst wrote:Too many people and I'm not suuuuper engaged rn
but ily Taly, always happy to spew thoughts for you. : D
<3 <3 <3
Engage with me then; I've been craving this back-and-forth interaction since the beginning of the game. The only people that have truly given it to me in some degree I feel have been
Davsto
Sando
Mom[/], and
StefanB
, and probably another person I've forgotten because of this game's size. :facepalm:
In post 580, the worst wrote:The more I think about it the more scum are probably gonna lurk out D1. if we all shoot people who piss us off an active town probably burns itself to the ground.

But being anti or sceptical of PRICKS for good ressons is probs towny
EXACTLY.

Let's refrain from shooting or scumreading people that have only suspected us, and actually communicate more.

I think there's arguments for town and scum to be on BOTH the pro-pricks and anti-pricks notion; I just find townblocc'ing this early to be extremely practical and a great reference for later-gamesolving. I'm also not going to generate really many waffling sentiments between people I'm townreading, that's unhelpful in this circumstance.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #595 (isolation #25) » Thu May 03, 2018 11:13 am

Post by Taly »

In post 593, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 571, Taly wrote:
In post 569, xyzzy wrote:
Srceenplay has already used his kill for the day, so has been ignored.
*1v1s the moderator*
Eager to cast the stone, huh

Lol
Please stop the shitposting, or the stone will be casted against you.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #724 (isolation #26) » Fri May 04, 2018 7:54 am

Post by Taly »

OK, I've officially reached the point of in-game screaming, and I have to disconnect.

And I'm at the point of in-game-hating half of the playerlist.

I'll be back when I won't RAGE ALL-CAPS in a response.

Or if someone gives a damn about reads beyond WIFOMing them.

~

But here's just a few thoughts and questions before I take a mental break.

1)
Chickadee
, are you going to do anything beyond going off other people's reads and shading responses without establishing yourself a strong presence in this game?

2)
Iconeum
, you have done nothing but fucking shade other people with the ineffective statement of
"this is overexplanation"
. Tell me I'm wrong.

3)
What a bullshit associative of
Me+Almost50

4)
Mom
, can you
ATTEMPT
to be protown?

5)
Lovebird
, is your
ENTIRE
game dependent on discrediting me?

6)
HEBICHAN
SHOT BEFORE THE
OOBA
SHOT WAS RESOLVED.

CAN PEOPLE READ PLEASE?

The Person Who Shoots These People Should Be Auto-Shot

Sando
- Probably only person actively looking for town.
the worst
- Engages... :facepalm: fucking do not shoot this to see if Town have BP....
Brie
Creature
- Needs to elaborate on his reads but actually IS making assessments.
Vaxkiller
- Shooting people who have shot scum on D1 is bordering a scumclaim.
Ausuka
- Making analysis, keeping me from gouging my eyes out, actually working to solve the game.
StefanB
- Very genuine shot alongside their reads and approach, though I do wish they gave an update on their thoughts.
light_ganski
- I honestly WANT to hold out my shot because if THIS one here is shot; I will insta-kill the shooter. This is one of the only people that make sense in this game.
Davsto
- Likely genuine, do not want to sort him right now because I'm struggling to fucking find townreads.

~

MURDER: SCREENPLAY

1)
Actively misleads the town with faking that he was truthfully shot.
2)
Does not even help anyone who's trying to acquire anything resembling a read on him.
3)
Nobody is elaborating on their townread over him.
{BBmolla}

4)
Doing nothing but anti-town behaviors unapologetically, and not engaging with the people questioning him.
{Ausuka, StefanB}

5)
Fakes that he has no clue how the game works even with information presented.
6)
His reasons for wanting someone to be shot are understated.
7)
Has asked almost no questions at all to help other people understand the game, or expand on his read progression
8)
First half of his presence in game, he has ignored scumhunting or even townhunting.

If this - god knows how - flips town, then my personal standard for townplay in a game of Mafia will drop dramatically.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #849 (isolation #27) » Sat May 05, 2018 2:56 am

Post by Taly »

:facepalm: ....Can the other half of this playerlist at least attempt to think?

A-more-calm wallpost incoming.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #850 (isolation #28) » Sat May 05, 2018 2:56 am

Post by Taly »

In post 727, Chickadee wrote:
In post 724, Taly wrote:1) Chickadee, are you going to do anything beyond going off other people's reads and shading responses without establishing yourself a strong presence in this game?
I shot A50 for my own reasons, thanks.

It just happened to be that other people also wanted to see him dead.
Cool. I didn't see those reasons from you independently. Mind telling me them?
In post 728, Austerity wrote:Taly, I'm pretty sure your issue with Srceenplay is primarily playstyle.

I don't actually think he's more likely to play this way as scum; in fact, his commitment to the joke claim that we're all town is something I'm not sure if scum would do.
Yeah, and I completely disagree with this assessment, and
ONCE AGAIN; WHY DO PEOPLE GIVE READS WITHOUT EXPLANATIONS
?

It's no secret that half of the playerlist either scumreads or nullreads
Screen
, so if you think any reason he's being scumread is invalid,
SAY SOMETHING

Screenplay
has worked the angle of riling up people in the game and pushing them to make rash decisions and generally working to manipulate others. He's made no attempt to gamesolve unless it is literally pushed to him, and he's displayed little conscience in regards to his shot, and all this is barely counting the bullet points I've stated already.

He also never claimed the BP to my understanding, and in accordance to the rest of his gameplay, I don't understand his motivation other than him baiting people, which given our dead players list, is not an optimal mindset for town.

So if you're going to sit here and tell me my issue with him is based on his playstyle
AFTER
I've blown my shot on him,
then SPEAK UP

By the way, if you want to talk about my scumreads;
WHAT ARE YOURS?

In post 744, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 724, Taly wrote:MURDER: SCREENPLAY

1) Actively misleads the town with faking that he was truthfully shot. 560 648
2) Does not even help anyone who's trying to acquire anything resembling a read on him. 679
3) Nobody is elaborating on their townread over him. {BBmolla}
4) Doing nothing but anti-town behaviors unapologetically, and not engaging with the people questioning him. {Ausuka, StefanB}
5) Fakes that he has no clue how the game works even with information presented. 474 677
6) His reasons for wanting someone to be shot are understated.
7) Has asked almost no questions at all to help other people understand the game, or expand on his read progression 659
8) First half of his presence in game, he has ignored scumhunting or even townhunting. 301
You really are trying to force a scum read on me.
You can’t say you are scum hunting if you are calling me scum.
My antics are far from some scum trying to stay hidden and having to be hunted.
I’m more of Lynch bait. The thing is I don’t like getting lynched so maybe I’m just scum bait.
Scum trying to look for an easy opportunity to jump on some one. That’s because they aren’t scum hunting. They are lynch hunting. So keep it up. You doing a fine job.
Am I really? I've made my thoughts clear about you and I've seen very little reason to consider your mentality in this game to come from town. You can discredit my push without addressing my statements or giving me explanations for your thoughts/reads in this game, but I've seen nothing to indicate your behavior is town.
In post 748, Ausuka wrote:I guess we need another Srceenplay shot. I really do think he's BP scum and I don't get TRs in him. Bins was a bad shot.

Also, I know I have some questions I haven't unanswered, I'm just not in the right mental state for mafia today. I'll respond tomorrow.
With the past few pages, do you have anymore insights about new townreads or scumreads?
In post 755, Momrangal wrote:Also, sorry Taly this game is to big I'll probably try tomorrow when there's more presented info
I'll be waiting.
In post 771, TheBrie wrote:
Taly wrote:
the worst
- Engages... :facepalm: ****ing do not shoot this to see if Town have BP....
Brie
I won't. I'm not stupid enough to shoot likely town to prove a point. Rather shoot myself than the worst.

To gain anymore information about BPs in general, I'd go shoot srceenplay or Mom. But neither of them are going to fall afoul of PRANKERS due to their shots already being gone.
I like this response, you're thinking before you act and this is a rare quality in this game.

What are your thoughts in depth about
Screen
and
Mom
, and do you have an opinion for or against shooting either?
In post 785, Austerity wrote:There's also me, random, and Archwing.

I'm almost ready to shoot. Just waiting on one more thing.
And that is?
In post 831, the worst wrote:I need someone to rage kill

Taly/Sando who am I rageshooting
About to post an entire list of my pools; I recommend a shot in the "scumreads", if you have any disagreements with my town or scumreads, then talk to me.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #851 (isolation #29) » Sat May 05, 2018 2:57 am

Post by Taly »

Recap of the last 5 Pages:

>
I shoot
Screen
>
Screen
is revealed to be a BP.
>
Theta, Brie, Vax
display very towny approaches, and they gear themselves directly to lists and analysis of the game.
>Mom
and
Dav
have a back-and-forth if I'm reading correctly.
>
Hebichan
lolshoots
Creature
; the person most of the townies have townblocc'ed... and of course, he flips town. :facepalm:
>
Theta
autoshoots
Creature
>
Hebichan
... flips town?

...I have no words. :/ I'm actively working to not get upset because that's obviously not working here... just like my other approaches in this game.

~~~

Here are my lists, I think at this point, everyone should be working to make lists and discussing their reads while the ones who HAVEN'T shot will explain THEIR reads as well.

Town needs to be in sync ASAP; we're becoming dangerously close to a bloodbath in D2 literally making this a town loss. :(

Shooting Here Warrants An Auto-Shot - My Personal Townbloc + More Confident Reads

Sando
- Worked to townbloc; literally gives reads and explains why they're pushing for their stances.
Theta
- Does not buy into the "mob mentality" this playerlist loves when it comes to discussing reads and pushing them; also gives fair analysis and provides thoughts in depth while cultivating a strategy for town.
TheBrie
- I was originally skeptical; but I know am seeing that she is thinking deeply about their reads and is working to solve the game with as minimal chaos as possible.
Vaxkiller
- Probably the most genuine player in this game, and is working with other townmembers to solve it.
the worst
- Engages, and cooperates with townreads; thinks about their reads before acting upon them.
light_ganski
- Deep analysis of the game, and is not becoming very attentive to those responding to them and the current gamestate.
StefanB
- Working to solve the game through talking to the other townies about their stances and provides some less common opinions that I appreciate.
Ausuka
- I can empathize with their frustration and I they've made attempts to understand the game. I don't understand the suspicion placed on them.

Do Not Want Shot Today/Need More Time To Sort - Less Confident Reads

Davsto
- Want to sort him and Mom out in a different post, I'm not sure about the scumreads they have for each other either way.
Archwing
- Needs to post more and give updates on thoughts, I haven't anything worrisome or noteworthy.
wingedcatgirl
- Very similar sentiment with the above; I think there are more people that deserve focus.
Nero Cain
- Replaced in relatively late in this dayphase, I am withdrawing judgment until they post, and I want to give them time for their read formation.

Waffling/Uncertain Reads - Less Confident Reads

Austerity
- Seems relatively ineffective and waits around for things to happen to comment on them.
BBmolla
- Who? Oh wait, why?
Chickadee
- I had an original townread, but that's disintegrating with their lack of insights into the game.
randomidget
- I don't understand the scumreads here, and I'm going to reevaluate this.
Lovebird
- Their presence in this game has mostly been attributed to undermining someone else's read; I don't understand their viewpoint.
Momrangal
- I feel like they're a bit complacent with general chaos, but with the towns current gameplay.... I honestly don't think that's a scumtell. I also think town is more likely to claim BP but I'm unsure.
GammaG
- Literally take the reasons for my
Austerity
and
BBmolla
read, and mash them together.

Recommended Shots + More Confident Reads

Screenplay
- Read my last several posts.
Iconeum
- I've never heard "overexplanation" used as a scumtell come from town. I also wanted to see
Varsoon's
scumread on them but that was never fucking possible.
Not_Mafia
- Horrible random shot, displays no care for the gamestate and I feel like if ANY lurker is scum, he would be my first guess.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #852 (isolation #30) » Sat May 05, 2018 3:00 am

Post by Taly »

In post 848, Chickadee wrote:
In post 847, Theta Alpine wrote:
In post 846, Chickadee wrote:Well I guess that means I will die soon.

@thebrie not mafia is a known troll and plays to troll. He will shoot on a whim regardless of reasons. This kind of game was probably just calling his name for the lols
you are actually the closest to policy in that list
since you were in prankers but did not follow the rules

i think sando would be the person who decides what happens in that case though
Well Nero wants to kill me in every game we’re in together. So you’ll probably see my flip here soon.

And I announced I was going to shoot a50. It should not have come as a surprise, and no one tried to stop me.
:facepalm: .... Was the to discredit
Nero
, or for you to just resign from giving reads by saying you'll die soon?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #939 (isolation #31) » Sun May 06, 2018 3:21 am

Post by Taly »

oh my god I have mixed feelings right now

At least we took down
Not_Mafia
... But WTF was that shot on
Sando
?

I haven't seen much of a case on
randomidget
either, but I'm really happy that some people are taking the time to put readslists up.

Ausuka
, I was referring mostly to
Screenplay
when it came to suspicion on you, and I'm tired of WIFOM being placed on protown people this game.

I want a bigger explanation of
Austerity's
shot, why was he scum to you specifically as well?

I don't know what to think about
Mom
, and I'm going to ISO soon.

:igmeou: I don't think
Iconeum's
been onsite but I didn't like that he disappeared when people had notioned a scumread on him.

Also who and where's
Archwing
? ....I'm going to have to look back and see if I even placed him in my readslist...
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #941 (isolation #32) » Sun May 06, 2018 3:41 am

Post by Taly »

Another BP...
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #943 (isolation #33) » Sun May 06, 2018 3:59 am

Post by Taly »

Another thing I've noticed is that and

All the citizens are noted as
JUST
that,
Echo Bay citizens

But
Snarky
was noted as
GRITS
, and
Not_Mafia
was noted as
Munitions Co.

I think a 3rd anti-town faction would be overkill and extremely unlikely.

We know by the setup that there are multiple anti-town factions. So it's reasonable to think that there's a
Munitions Co.
and a
GRITS
faction.

I think this gives validity to the 8-10 person scumteam. Assuming a traitor exists for both factions, there's like 3-4 scum directly associated in a faction, and 1 alongside that. Because most balanced Mafia games have scum in roughly 1/4 to 1/5 players, and there's 41 players here, so the range
is
8-10.

So let's do numbers.

There's 20 of us.

GRITS
faction lost their traitor. - There's 3-4 associated goons still alive.
Munitions Co.
faction lost a goon. - There's 2-3 associated goons still alive, alongside an independent scum.

With the lowest number of scum left alive being
6 - 3 Being Associated Together, 2 Being Associated Together, 1 Is Independent

And the highest being
8 - 4 Being Associated Together, 3 Being Associated Together, 1 Is Independent

There's 14 to 12 town still left alive.

Also, I'm not saying it's impossible to have more than 1 traitor per faction, but I think 1 traitor per faction is more reasonable and likely in this setup.

Conclusion:

-
I'm going to ISO
Not_Mafia
for anything reminiscent of associatives, other-player stances, or notable interactions.
-
I'm going to evaluate the BPs in this game in depth;
Mom, TW, Screenplay, Randomidget
((I have different reads on them generally, but I want to assess how each of them have played their role separately and see which motives are more likely town-oriented/scum-oriented.))

- We need to defend our townreads and solidify the most right now, guys. We are running a likely risk at town-endgaming in D2.

I'm going to refine my readslist very soon.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #955 (isolation #34) » Sun May 06, 2018 7:50 am

Post by Taly »

I shot Screenplay and he was revealed BP, this was after Theta shot Hebi.

I'm out and about right now so I can't respond to anything in depth but that's 1 thing that should be added.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1018 (isolation #35) » Mon May 07, 2018 6:30 am

Post by Taly »

:( Ugh,
Screen
was really town? I'm shocked and a bit sad about that. Sorry X_X...

I'm working to cultivate a stronger readslist and emphasis on my thoughts; I probably won't be getting to it much today because I have 2 finals in the next 2 days.
((And I just got back home from taking one))
My hands are tied at the moment.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1035 (isolation #36) » Mon May 07, 2018 10:57 am

Post by Taly »

I do have some read changes since my post but I want to evaluate the
Mom
flip to be processed before I refine my list entirely, and none of my changes in the readslist are big changes. :/

Disliked the quickness and naked vote of
random's
shot.... but that just seems normal in this game. :facepalm:
Vaxkiller wrote:I have some gamestate thoughts before we shoot anyone else. Go ahead and give intent tho
What were you going to say?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1085 (isolation #37) » Tue May 08, 2018 9:09 am

Post by Taly »

:( I'm officially lost with several of my reads, I didn't expect the past few flips to be town, and I'm feeling a bit bad at the moment.

I want to see
Toranga
and
wingedcatgirl
post more since I don't feel like I've seen enough of either.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1109 (isolation #38) » Wed May 09, 2018 3:01 pm

Post by Taly »

I have no clue how an associative on
me/Not_Mafia
was formed, could someone expand on that? I've been pretty clear about my read directed toward them.

Also, I'm not sure what post you're referring to when I said I was wrong about my reads. I stated in my last post that I didn't expect the last few people that were shot to flip town and now I'm questioning my less confident reads.

I don't like the stagnation of the gamestate, so I'm going to work toward posting my readslist in full tomorrow.
In post 1100, Toranaga wrote:
In post 1085, Taly wrote::( I'm officially lost with several of my reads, I didn't expect the past few flips to be town, and I'm feeling a bit bad at the moment.

I want to see
Toranga
and
wingedcatgirl
post more since I don't feel like I've seen enough of either.
you saw none of me
Exactly, seeing you post content would help me form an assessment of your thinking and alignment.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1157 (isolation #39) » Fri May 11, 2018 10:24 am

Post by Taly »

I looked back at
Gammagoo's
post and I still don't see think I see the argument behind an associative with me and
Not_Mafia
? -_-
Gammagoo wrote:Taly has a lotttt of what I think are overreactions and commentary on basically everything that happens in the game and I hate it in my gut but I could see a lot of it just being Taly's personality. I don't like her mention of withholding judgement from N_M and if I had to bet on anyone in the game being a teammate with N_M in particular I'd probably go with Taly but it's very largely a gut read. I also think her screenplay shot felt a little overjustified but to be fair to her screen WAS playing like an enormous pile of anti-town dogshit.
I don't understand why people in most of my games state that I overreact a lot. :facepalm:

It makes no sense for me to ignore details I pick up on in a game when I literally know jackshit. :igmeou:

Someone who says anything to the effect of
"I'm too opinionated" or "I talk too much"
tells me that they don't want to hear me or are threatened by my stances and approach to the game.

I'm tired of the WIFOM being generated consistently in this game because I'm one of the
FEW
people that outline their thought process.

Also, I don't understand the
"withhold judgment"
on
Not_Mafia
part, was earlier in the game where there were quite a few people alive compared to now, I wanted to see if any of the lurkers or people being inactive would provide content; and that was my initial response to
the worst
when he mentioned
Not_Mafia

Later was my clear assessment of his game being unhelpful and avoidant in a manner that I think would likely be scum... That's literally my entire interaction and read of
Not_Mafia

~~~

I'm a bit worried with scum being townblocc'ed in this game, but some of my reads have changed, and after rereading the thread and hating how uncertain I am with some of my reads.

I will say I'm on board with a
BBmolla
shot, they've intentionally not done anything in this game and I seriously don't understand some of the consistent townreads on him without really much stated reasoning. If there's any flip that would provide insight into any associatives and give light to multiple interactions, it would be here. This would help me with several of my own reads.

Also, I don't see a major point on shooting
Davsto
, I still get townvibes from him.

Everyone else is some form of townread or conflicted read. I feel like there's a lower amount of scum than we originally anticipated seeing as how we'd have lost around this point. :/
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1158 (isolation #40) » Fri May 11, 2018 10:35 am

Post by Taly »

X_X I should go back to English class, the grammar mistakes in my posts lately are too much.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1251 (isolation #41) » Mon May 14, 2018 1:29 pm

Post by Taly »

Honestly, I feel the same way as
Theta

And I'm becoming very busy right now IRL, and I'm going to go VLA for 1 week starting Friday. I'll still be posting, but it won't be the usual wall-fashion.

My brother got leave for 2 weeks, he's been stationed in South Korea for 6+ months and he returned today. So there's that. :P

I will respond to people's questions and etc., but I'm not in the gamestate right now and I'd like to see
winged
post their reads and thought process in depth.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1252 (isolation #42) » Mon May 14, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by Taly »

I hope I'm NKed, tbh. :/
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1274 (isolation #43) » Tue May 15, 2018 7:04 am

Post by Taly »

...and the apathy level is going up again...
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1295 (isolation #44) » Tue May 15, 2018 1:23 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 1276, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 1274, Taly wrote:...and the apathy level is going up again...
Of course. It is scums best interest to disconnect Town from the game and Town left the last shot in scum’s hands. Don’t personally buy the AtE you are laying on here but you probably know that given my read on you.

Vax
- are you going for a “Jungle Town” tell for not knowing this is mutilball? Because it isn’t working. Even I know we have multiple faction flips and I just sorta browsed prior to my replace in.
I seriously see little point in discussion at the moment if
WCG
is just going to shitpost and then not make a decision.

The longer this day lasts, the LESS available I'll be if I survive to D2 because I'm going VLA.

I've stated the person I'd shoot, I don't have a strong idea of how many scum we would have at this point, I know I'm probably townreading scum, and I'll be most grounded with my reads starting D2 after there are NK flips and I can reevaluate interactions in D1.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1296 (isolation #45) » Tue May 15, 2018 1:29 pm

Post by Taly »

Oh wait,
MoI
replaced
BBmolla

Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1297 (isolation #46) » Tue May 15, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by Taly »

WCG
is probably the only shot I most want right now, then. :/
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1298 (isolation #47) » Tue May 15, 2018 1:36 pm

Post by Taly »

Basing reads on predecessors are an awesome way to be wrong.

Vax
light_ganski
, and
the worst
still give me extremely towny vibes after thinking about the people I've townread.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1299 (isolation #48) » Tue May 15, 2018 1:38 pm

Post by Taly »

Davsto
joins those other 3 in the people I think are very likely town.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1300 (isolation #49) » Tue May 15, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by Taly »

Some Recommended Shots That Are Possible;
May Add Or Remove From This List Based on Rereads/Responses

Toranga

1)
Opening post had no substance and made no sense given the game.
2)
He's formed, maybe 2 reads out of 22 of his posts.
3)
Most of his ISO consists of
"these many are dead" / "is this how many players we have"

4)
Went from killing
random
with little reason to casting suspicion on
Theta
and kind of backtracks on his sentiment and thought behind killing
random

Lovebird

1)
Shot obvtown in without much thought. Literally put an argument against me and then shot
Ankamius
for conflicting with her read? Even after her shot there, she never really engaged with me or elaborated on a read revolving me. ,
2)
gave up mostly through this day.
3)
are nothing but say that
Chick
is scum for little to no reason.
4)
seems like survivalistic posting, given they aren't making any attempt to push their reads or ideas. They mostly just shade others while ignoring any attempt to townbloc.

Can someone explain the
Iconeum
shot again? There's literally no substance in their ISO, which I do think is likely scum and wouldn't mind a shot... but that's the most notable thing about it.

...Still want the
Davsto
-shot desire to be explained as well...

Theta
can join the townbloc and if there's any associative I can draw from
Not_Mafia
, it might be
Gammagooey
, but it's largely gut and I don't want a shot there solely based on that this late in the game.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1301 (isolation #50) » Tue May 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Post by Taly »

Actually, I 100% give a shit about this game again. ^_^

Thanks for the motivational speech,
MoI
!

What a towny thing to do. :D
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1304 (isolation #51) » Tue May 15, 2018 2:47 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 1302, the worst wrote:Anka's dying words were literally about how she locktowned Lovebird iirc
But Lovebird is good scum

this is actually maybe something I've overlooked
Then ISO
Lovebird
and tell me what you think.

Their
"Mother's Day"
post was sympathetic and I believe it's outside-game genuine; but in-game, it reads as a prodge.
In post 1303, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 1295, Taly wrote:I've stated the person I'd shoot, I don't have a strong idea of how many scum we would have at this point, I know I'm probably townreading scum, and I'll be most grounded with my reads starting D2 after there are NK flips and I can reevaluate interactions in D1.
Taly that's a ton of effort. Grade A and hats off.

But the above quote just turns to me and says "For a mutliball game this person who supposedly is Captain Town seems surprisingly sure he'll be alive tomorrow" and gives me this look ...

If you read my posts you'd know I have 0 confidence in whether I'm alive tomorrow or not.

I think I've pushed several people in this game right now, and I think my reads range from being spot-on to sucking horribly overall.

I don't give a damn about what people think of my reads if they're not going to engage with me on them.

And I'm not trying to be
"Captain Town"
, I never really have. I'm working to kill both scum factions, but apparently my approach for the entirety of this dayphase has been borderline useless and shitty given how many town have died versus scum.

I literally want scum to NK me, and I honestly suspect
ANYONE
who continually casts WIFOM on me for saying this.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1309 (isolation #52) » Tue May 15, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by Taly »

I think if I have enough accuracy in my scumreads and who I want shot, I'll be targeted by scum in some form.

So I'm throwing all my shit and thoughts out in the open.

And if I'm going to be a centerpoint of conversation between people's reads, it's not going to fucking be:

"
Taly
might be this."
"Why did
Taly
do that?"
"Not sure about
Taly
"

Because that's literally how I've read some of the past few comments on me, and the more waffling/uncertainty in the gamethread right now, the more scum will benefit.

And I'm pretty tired about being WIFOMed late-game as town when most people don't directly engage with me.
wingedcatgirl wrote:I've lost the ability to care about this game, I'm just trying not to make things unnecessarily worse for town with my last action.

Maybe I should just
not
shoot?
I don't see the point in not shooting unless you genuinely have no confidence in any reads right now.

Do you have any thoughts or significant notes about a slot?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1312 (isolation #53) » Tue May 15, 2018 3:15 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 1310, Austerity wrote:I don't think anyone disagrees that Iconeum is a good shot.

Just shoot him so we can end the day.
Nobody contested to a
Chickadee
shot.

She flipped town.

Nobody contested to a
Screen
shot.

He flipped town.

Nobody contested to a
random
shot.

He flipped town.

Nobody contested to most of the town shots.

We are not ending the day just because someone says
"nobody disagrees here"

Either you provide reasoning and support a shot being made, or you don't just say
"let's just kill here"
because of apathy.

We've had 25 flips.

I don't disagree with an Iconeum shot, but I asked for reasons over a shot on him by people wanting him shot and I'd prefer to see it before the day ends.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1324 (isolation #54) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 1314, Austerity wrote:Also, it sounds to me like you DO disagree with an Iconeum shot; since you don't want someone to be shot without more solid reasoning and you clearly don't see any solid reasoning on him. (I disagree that "nobody is opposed" is not a solid reason, but whatever.) Why did you say you DON'T disagree with the shot then?
I've
ALWAYS
wanted clear solid reasoning between shots in this game, I've stressed that from my first post.

It's just pretty obvious that's not happened in this thread, and look where that's gotten us. Now that people are more willing to discuss reads and shots, now is a
VITAL
time to bring up any reasons for or against a shot behind someone.

Apathetic shooting is no different than random shooting.

I do see the likelihood that
Iconeum
is scum, I just haven't found a lot of reasoning that explicitly points to that. I've stated multiple reasons behind my recommended shots and nobody's given a major opinion about them. I'd rather see people actually state their thoughts behind someone-scum versus
"yeah, I want him to die"

And this sentiment is not exclusive to him, I'd also like a reason behind a
Davtso
shot, and anything that would lead to someone wanting another person getting killed off.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1331 (isolation #55) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:19 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 1323, Lovebird wrote:
In post 1300, Taly wrote:
Lovebird

1)
Shot obvtown in without much thought.
Lol. Unbelievably wrong.
I'm sorry, but in what world does it occur to you to just shoot the one person defending a reasoned townread in a game that can easily become chaotic? They've made their reads and thought process clear and you shot them because... they didn't agree with you? I still don't know why?

But it's great to know that you're only concerned with posting
WHEN
someone suspects you. :D
Lovebird wrote:Like, so, so wrong. Progression on ank made absolute sense. Had reasons to scumread, talked about them, then ank made lolshot, thought he was giving up.
Remind me again?
In post 94, Lovebird wrote:
In post 89, Bins wrote:
In post 77, Lovebird wrote:I wonder if the random shots are more towny than scummy
if I was scum i'd shoot just because id get away with it
Doesn't seem like people getting away with it so far.
In post 90, Ankamius wrote:nah

Taly already close to obvtowned. Shooting him is a scumclaim.
Why?

And, why so confident? Don't get it.
In post 101, Lovebird wrote:Idk. I think scum who don't want to get shot know that they have to be obvious town really quick. Or, that's what they expect they need to do, at least.
In post 106, Lovebird wrote:
In post 102, Gorkington wrote:how do i make myself look obviously town
Tell people to stop random shooting and do strategy posts

Like taly
In post 107, Lovebird wrote:
In post 105, Ankamius wrote:In this type of game,

early attention = B A D
But, you already proved this wrong by hard defending taly.

Idk. This mentality loses to scum just thinking one level deeper, I feel.
Your reasons from what I'm seeing:

1)
Defending a townread...
2)
Being overconfident???
3)
States that an approach doesn't work, but doesn't state how it's inherently scum.
Lovebird wrote:
In post 1300, Taly wrote:3) 948 to 952 are nothing but say that Chick is scum for little to no reason.
Oh nooo, didn't write 5 paragraph essay, must be scum
You keep trying to degrade and write off my reasons for suspecting you without actually engaging with the points I made.

Either you're avoiding the conversation or you're not invested in solving the game, or aligning with your reads.

Neither of which are changing my reads on you right now.
Lovebird wrote:
In post 1300, Taly wrote:958 seems like survivalistic posting, given they aren't making any attempt to push their reads or ideas. They mostly just shade others while ignoring any attempt to townbloc.
You're ignoring context I said that in.

Where do I "shade others"? Is shade just word you use to make having scumread be scummy?

How does that last part make me scum? Scum want to be in townblock above all.
Shade = Cast suspicion.

You could've easily engaged with me, directly talked to
Chick
, or any specific scumread you've had in this game.

But instead, you haven't posted to push those reads other than talk about them, and a lot of your engagement is responding to other people without making a lot of assessments.
Lovebird wrote:
In post 1304, Taly wrote:Their "Mother's Day" post was sympathetic and I believe it's outside-game genuine; but in-game, it reads as a prodg
Ya I'm prodging don't think there's much to do with no votes or no shots.
WGC
has a shot.
Austerity wrote:
In post 1324, Taly wrote:I do see the likelihood that
Iconeum
is scum, I just haven't found a lot of reasoning that explicitly points to that. I've stated multiple reasons behind my recommended shots and nobody's given a major opinion about them. I'd rather see people actually state their thoughts behind someone-scum versus
"yeah, I want him to die"
I don't actually think he's incredibly likely to flip scum-- as in, I wouldn't be surprised if he flipped town.

But the argument for shooting him is just that it's very unlikely that, if he is town, he will ever be able to get to the point where people are confident he is town.

In a nightless game, you deal with the question marks sooner rather than later because that's the only way to weed out scum hiding in the townreads.
If you're not surprised that he flips town, then why don't you say what makes you hesitate?

I'm assuming with 14 other people you've got a stronger scumread where you're more confident? Why not push for something you have a strong belief in while asking questions for what you don't know, versus killing off what you know and then saving what you do know later?

The first path is better logistically and for informative reasons.

Since we're obviously doing a shit job with accuracy in this game, we SHOULD put forth more effort into eliminating what we definitively believe to be scum WHILE we ask questions upon gaining information that'll serve us a lot of use.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1332 (isolation #56) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:21 pm

Post by Taly »

I'm about to go to bed, so I probably won't be able to respond to anything else tonight.

But I'm going to think a bit on my
Lovebird
read in depth with their newer responses and reply tomorrow.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1333 (isolation #57) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:24 pm

Post by Taly »

Taly wrote:Why not push for something you have a strong belief in while asking questions for what you don't know, versus killing off what you
don't
know and then saving what you do know later?
Bolded is a word I forgot to add. Very tired at the moment, going to bed now. :P
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2007 (isolation #58) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:58 am

Post by Taly »

Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2009 (isolation #59) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:59 am

Post by Taly »

Taly/Iconeum/Austerity/Snarky < the worst < Gamma < Light/Theta/Davsto/Not_Mafia

D:
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2023 (isolation #60) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:07 am

Post by Taly »

Did Munitions shoot me because you guys thought I was your traitor and wanted me to be recruited with you guys?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2041 (isolation #61) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:49 pm

Post by Taly »

damnit lol

in hindsight, i wish i was the munitions traitor LOL
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2055 (isolation #62) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:01 pm

Post by Taly »

like, the 2nd time im ever NKed

and i was scum in a mutiball

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”